PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Eyeshield 21

animus
Sat, 03-03-2007, 08:44 PM
So, I've been watching the anime and the releases have been slow. I was wondering if anyone happened to know what volume and chapter episode 62 is? Episode 62 is the conclusion of the game between Poseidon and the Devil Bats. Ty.

Carnage
Sun, 03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I think its somewhere in the 120's....

Munsu
Tue, 03-06-2007, 10:39 AM
I really wonder why so many people like this manga and anime. I think it's usually boring and dumb, there's plenty of other good sports series out there but no one seems to give them a shot, yet they praise this piece of shit manga.

I watch the anime, but that doesn't mean I like it as I enjoy just about anything, just saying that it's a boring series in general and there are better alternatives out there.

animus
Tue, 03-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Actually I don't think it's very good. It's just the first football manga I've read, it's decent at best. And since I need a sports anime/manga to watch/read waiting for Major. If you could recommend a long, and good sports manga that's scanlated, that'd be super. Also, I've read Cross Game and it comes nowhere close to Major imo, and feels extremely boring.

Munsu
Tue, 03-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, going off-topic for a bit here...

Anything from Adachi Mitsuru is good. Some of my favorites are:

Katsu!
Touch
Cross Game
Rough
H2
http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=85

Of course, there's Hajime no Ippo, but you probably know about that one already.

Ookiku Furikabutte is a good baseball manga, but few chapters have been released. There's an anime coming this spring for it, so keep an eye out for it.

Some people seem to like I'll Generation Basketball, though I haven't read much of it. For basketball mangas I really recommend Slam Dunk and REAL

If you like board games, Hikaru no Go and Shion no Ou are very good.

There's always Initial D for car racing.

Haven't read them, but Mr. Fullswing and Over Time seem like a fun read.

Power!! Girl Got Game is an OK read if you like romance and a girl disguising herself as a boy to play some b-ball.

Some Urasawa Naoki, my favorite mangaka (Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto) mangas that contain some sports: Happy and Yawara!

Well, there's plenty there... And I bet most of them, if not all, are better than Eyeshield.

About Eyeshield, how does the anime compare to the manga? The manga is probably better, but I doubt there's much difference.

Carnage
Tue, 03-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I really wonder why so many people like this manga and anime. I think it's usually boring and dumb, there's plenty of other good sports series out there but no one seems to give them a shot, yet they praise this piece of shit manga.

I watch the anime, but that doesn't mean I like it as I enjoy just about anything, just saying that it's a boring series in general and there are better alternatives out there.

.....What manga chapter did you get up to?

Also, I dont blame you for calling the anime boring, lately it has been extremely slow. But atleast try to get up to the next match after the Poseidon match (in manga terms of course).

Munsu
Tue, 03-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't read the manga, just browsed through a couple of pages of some chapter... but I'm sure it can't be that different from the anime. It's the same as PoT, I like it but it's boring as hell, wouldn't recommened it around, yet many people seem to like it.

Carnage
Tue, 03-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Read the manga. It has a much faster pace. And the good stuff only happens after the matches against Poseidon. Everything before that is nothing in comparison. ;)

It actually does piss me off though that there is so much filler in the anime, that its so slow, and also that the animation is pathetic, so I do understand your argument.