PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 4

Shuurai
Thu, 03-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Faster than DB

http://a.scarywater.net/sd/%5BSD%5D_Naruto_Hurricane_Chronicles_-_004_%5B3B08A457%5D.avi.torrent

Chouonsoku
Thu, 03-01-2007, 06:59 PM
That's because SD is ballin'. Can't wait to watch this one. :D

fahoumh
Thu, 03-01-2007, 07:00 PM
DB's is out

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/ns004.torrent

eat_toast
Thu, 03-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Faster than DB

But is it better than DB?

JaySee
Thu, 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
FINALLY, the Naruto/Sakura vs Kakashi battle is over. I hope they leave the focus on Gaara's battle now.

Idealistic
Thu, 03-01-2007, 08:07 PM

The translation in the SD version seems to make more sense to me.

Anyways... This episode was ok I guess.... Not much happened.

Next episode seems to be semi-filler to me? Naruto cleaning up toilets?

t1no
Thu, 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Yea that's what i want to know.

Munsu
Thu, 03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
It's pretty much the same shit, just get whatever comes out first... I've you're worried about what's better than the other, just wait for AonE.

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 03-01-2007, 09:24 PM
this was a good episode...hmph. :)

the naruto/sakura vs. kakashi fight ending was pretty weak. i was hoping that they would try to make kakashi use his sharingan and large scale attacks to wear him down. he looked pretty winded after using the three attacks in a row like that. naruto didn't really show anything new. so how is tsunade going to judge where he is at in terms of before and after the training? i guess he did show the major trait that a chuunin should have, assessing the situation and forming a plan to complete the objective of the mission (at least that's what it looked like they based shikamaru's promotion on).

obviously the gaara vs. deidara fight was the highlight of the episode. the homing missles were pretty badass. it doesn't look like either ninja is using much strategy, basically using direct attacks. gaara's strength and power is undeniable, but it looks like deidara's speed and experience is going to require him to use some planning if he wants to win.

Assassin
Thu, 03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Next episode seems to be semi-filler to me? Naruto cleaning up toilets?

uh...ok. It could be that, or the commentary during the previews could have nothing to do with the actual episode, you know, like how it usually is.

Anyway, it was a pretty decent up. the garaa/diedara fight didn't really get me all hyped up or anything. i think it was cuz of the repitition of it all. it was the same 2 attacks for like 15 min. diedara throws a bomb, garaa chases him with the sand. rise and repeat. I did like the kakashi/naruto/sakura fight. The anime team did a nice job of extending it and makign kakahis use some jutsu's. I had completely forgotten how that fight ended, so it was nice to watch it again.

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Can't wait for the rest of Deidara vs Gaara to be animated. Gaara's face was weird for a while.

@ Mr. Roboto

The reason why the training fight was so dry was because it was essentially filler. Remember the initial shuriken exchange at the beginning? In the manga, it jumps from that to the end of the fight. The stuff with Kakashi's copy jutsu was not included.

Assertn
Fri, 03-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Much better than the previous ep
The deidara/gaara fight felt a little more dramatic in the manga though

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Woo! Kakashi hates spoilers just as much as I do!

That made my day.

Gaara vs. Dei did look odd, but I think that's because it used the same animation they used for Oro vs. 3rd and Naruto vs. Sasuke 2. Who seems to be their go-to guy for fights that are all fast moves.

Gaara rules, and yeah, he's way more powerful, but he didn't do anything new. Just bigger, badder versions of his same old stuff.

MFauli
Fri, 03-02-2007, 02:12 AM
GREAT episode.
And i really want to shut up all the idiots over at the Narutofan-board who wrote that this episode is crap. If this is crap, then i like crap.
Except from an odd animation of Gaara in the very beginning, everythign was great.
When i compare this to the uber-lame Bleach-anime at the moment,....haha ^^

JaySee
Fri, 03-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Woo! Kakashi hates spoilers just as much as I do!

That made me wanna fake spoil this episode for my friends who haven't watched it yet. :D I'm going to tell them Naruto/Sakura accidently killed Kakashi by going all out. That is why he's not with them when they find Sasuke in that teaser from Ep. 1. :p

Assassin
Fri, 03-02-2007, 03:09 AM
the mere fact that you visit narutofan implies that you like crap. And how's bleach uber-lame rite now? have you seen 117?

/ontopic:

Can't wait for the rest of Deidara vs Gaara to be animated

uh, this is the diedra vs garaa fight.

agreed. it might have been the music. didn't really feel like fighting music. doesn't get the blood pumping.

Gaara rules, and yeah, he's way more powerful, but he didn't do anything new. Just bigger, badder versions of his same old stuff.

Ya, there weren't any new jutsu's but sand shooting like 300 feet into the air is pretty fucking badass. and the huge 'cloud' of sand rite at the end.....sex-E.

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-02-2007, 03:26 AM
I don't care what anyone says, that shit was epic.

Everything about the episode aside from the flashbacks, the standing around, and the expositionary dialog, was great. I know it sounds like I'm setting myself up for a joke here, but I'm completely serious. I loved the feel of this episode. The setting of a "Kage-level battle" in the sky, combined with the amazing music made this episode feel quite dramatic. It's good to see Gaara back, doing his same old stuff, just 10 times more powerful. I love how he can control Shukakku's limbs at will now. I'm also starting to really love Deidara.

Other than that, yeah, the flaws were obvious. The stupid filler material, flashbacks to 5 minutes earlier, and the lazy repeat animation in Naruto and Sakura's test was pretty crappy. Why do they have to draw everything out so much??

And was anyone else bothered from 12:20 to 12:35. OMG DRAMATIC STARE DOWN!

Gaara vs. Dei did look odd, but I think that's because it used the same animation they used for Oro vs. 3rd and Naruto vs. Sasuke 2. Who seems to be their go-to guy for fights that are all fast moves.
That wasn't Norio Matsumoto. His characters don't just stand around, they shift their weight, they move and they shuffle. If he had any part in the animation of this episode, it would have been Gaara's sand. Matsumoto does very fluid and kinesthetic animation, so you usually see his work in explosions, water (or sand, I guess), and fighting. I don't think he did any of the fighting in this one though, looking at the choppy fights between Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto. But yeah, maybe the sand.

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-02-2007, 04:03 AM
i also think this was an improvement over last week's. I actually liked the strategy Naruto came up with. "Know thy enemy" indeed. And since it was just a battle for messing around, it made sense for Kakashi to fall prey to it.

I really thought the Gaara/Deidara fight had some great moments. The Shukaku arm and then the Shell were enough to keep me interested. I didn't think the content of the fight was all that exciting (decently well drawn though), but certainly got me thinking.

Deidara seems to have too many flaws. His jutsu takes time to create and he's reliant on whatever the hell modelling clay is in those bags (it's got to be made of his chakra and some moldable RDX slurry). Manage to cut a hole in those things and he's in trouble...

However, I'm sure Terra's new object of obsession has some other tricks up his sleeve, and he's a very smart fighter. Like Sasori said (I can't wait to see him go, he looks like action-jackson), Deidara is "slow", which to me means patient. And that's exactly what he needs to be now that he's lost the element of surprise and is up against a guy who is essentially invincible in close-quarters combat. Going with the long range explosives was a good move. This, Sasori, and the absolutely undeniable foreshadowing of Gaara getting beaten (or at least in need of rescue) in the OP all point to the Kazekage's defeat.

Everything about the episode aside from the flashbacks, the standing around, and the expositionary dialog, was great.

the flaws were obvious. The stupid filler material, flashbacks to 5 minutes earlier, and the lazy repeat animation in Naruto and Sakura's test was pretty crappy. Why do they have to draw everything out so much??

And was anyone else bothered from 12:20 to 12:35. OMG DRAMATIC STARE DOWN!

those were my big gripes as well... i hate repetitive stuff... especially in the middle of a fight. and the weakest part about the Gaara/Deidara fight were the strange silent staredowns. Devoid of emotion means lack of tension, and some of Deidara's comments aside, the lack of dialogue between the two fighters was somewhat disappointing. I know Gaara's not a big talker, but, give us a grunt or an angry look or something!

oh, and might i just say that the best constant thing so far has been the music. it's fucking awesome. almost all the new tracks i hear are sweet and have a much more serious, dramatic bite to them than the old tracks. i think the battles in this episode would have been pretty weak without the awesome new music. Hats off to Harper, or whoever has been busy over in those studios coming up with the tunes.

Mr. Roboto
Fri, 03-02-2007, 06:46 AM
@ Mr. Roboto

The reason why the training fight was so dry was because it was essentially filler. Remember the initial shuriken exchange at the beginning? In the manga, it jumps from that to the end of the fight. The stuff with Kakashi's copy jutsu was not included.

oh i didn't know that was filler. i guess they didn't want to give anything away like new moves and techniques.

StillAlive
Fri, 03-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Good episode! I especially like the music - it made the whole battle between Gaara and Deidara feel good just like masamuneehs said.
Anyone else thought Gaara controlling the sand with his hands resembled pretty much Byakuya Kuchiki fighting style?

Oh wait - why did they repetitively show a owl and a mouse and made them look like a part of Naruto's plan to get the bells and then - nothing? I'm puzzled...

mage
Fri, 03-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Good episode! I especially like the music - it made the whole battle between Gaara and Deidara feel good just like masamuneehs said.
Anyone else thought Gaara controlling the sand with his hands resembled pretty much Byakuya Kuchiki fighting style?

More like Byakuya resembles Gaara. Gaara came first :)

StillAlive
Fri, 03-02-2007, 10:27 AM
More like Byakuya resembles Gaara. Gaara came first :)
You're right. But it's due to this ep with Gaara waving his hands to direct the sand that made me think of Byakya/Gaara fighting parallels for the first time ever.

Genma
Fri, 03-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Pretty decent episode in comparison to the last one, save for Gaara's seemingly always-changing appearance. Seriously, each framerate he looked like a different person. Whoever is drawing him needs to be fired.

There was also the whole issue of filler flashbacks. It almost made me lol irl when Naruto had a flash back from five minutes before, when Kakashi used the techniques. Seriously, what's the point of having a flashback that everyone's already seen minutes before?

The fight so far is decent, but a bit dragged on. Not that that's bad or anything, but it was potrayed better in the manga I think.

Regardless, at least this episode showed me that the Naruto anime can be decent in portraying the manga. After last week's episode I was ready to drop the anime completely.

Mordecai
Fri, 03-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I enjoyed this ep, wasn't too much going on, but it was decent. What I'm really happy about is the soundtrack. It finally changed! I got so sick of those Naruto songs and that repetitive battle music, so having new stuff is quite nice. This stuff really sets the mood better.

saman
Fri, 03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
i also liked this episode. the music was killer, and the way sakura and naruto beat kakashi was hilarious. i'm glad that it's out of the way now, though, so the show can focus more on gaara vs. deidara instead of shifting back and forth between the two fights.

Assertn
Fri, 03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
The thing that bugged me was how the giant shukaku arm was drawn extruding out of some small cloud of sand.....It just.....looked weird. Instead it should look like all the sand is just extending out of all the landscape and attacking deidara. And yeah.....too much of deidara and gaara standing around instead of constant motion like there should be.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
That's what Gaara DOES though. He stands there completely still...emotionless. But the sand moves for him. And you can even sometimes feel like his emotion is acted out through the sand too.

It's part of what makes Gaara awsome.

I do wish he'd come up with something new to do with his sand though. Like use his chakra to melt it into glass or something. And make cool chakra-infused glass weapons or spikes or shit like that.

gr3atfull
Fri, 03-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Awesome episode. I really loved the music while there was the fight between Gaara and Deidara. It made it more interesting. I cant wait to see the whole fight. It is going to be amazing, I am sure of it.

fifafreak18
Fri, 03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Better than last week, but still kinda dull. The Gaara vs. Deidara was just the same justus over and over, but ill give deidara some more time, we know what gaara can do, but can't you think of something better than exploding birds? And the ending to Naruto and Sakura vs. Kakashi was hilarious, but way to stupid for a fight they dragged on for 2 episodes. Mods should use the spoilers scene when they warn for spoilers on here XD.

Lucifus
Fri, 03-02-2007, 06:09 PM
That ep was pretty tight. Enjoyed it.:D :cool:

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Good shit! I want more though. That's a good sign I guess. I love characters that makes things explode I think. :S

Elyne
Sat, 03-03-2007, 11:59 AM
That's what Gaara DOES though. He stands there completely still...emotionless. But the sand moves for him. And you can even sometimes feel like his emotion is acted out through the sand too.

It's part of what makes Gaara awsome.

Yeah, that is was makes Gaara awesome. The only time he really uses he hands are for Desert Coffin and some other jutsu I don't remember the name of right now. Was a bit to much swining around his arms and now that he is kazekage I feel he should do even less moving(not sure how that's really possible though :P).

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 03-03-2007, 11:59 PM
not a bad episode, I like that music they play whenever deidara's on screen

JaySee
Sun, 03-04-2007, 12:05 AM
You mean the Star Wars music?

poopdeville
Sun, 03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I liked the episode, but thought the animation was bad, especially in the Deidara/Gaara fight. The show seems to be almost completely computer generated now. It works well for the comic book look (for example, when any character speaks but remains completely motionless save mouth movement. Kakashi does this a lot.) But while the style works well for dialogue, or even most fights, it's not suited for fast fights.

Like the part when Deidara swooped down nearly to ground level while running away from Gaara's sand. The animation looked like he was moving at 10 mph. Boring looking, even if the story is progressing well.

anime nomad
Sun, 03-04-2007, 11:40 PM
awesome episode, i dunno my eye's must be broken or something cause i though the animation was great, specially the sand and bird chase scene (thats a first btw in chase scenes - killer sand chasing guy on bird through streets of city).

though i must admit the animation of gaara controling the sand seemed wierd to say the least. i much prefer it when he stands with his arms folded and controls the sand.

i'm really dying to see some new jitsu's though, it seems the animators want to keep us in suspense for a little while longer. all the jitsu's used thus far have been seen befor :(
i especially want to see the results of the new bond that naruto and kyubi seem to have (refer to teaser bit of shipuden ep1).
it seems that Garra has also come to terms with shikaku of the sand also. well at least he's no longer foaming at the mouth when he uses the sand ball shield or the arms of shikaku.

Turkish-S
Mon, 03-05-2007, 04:20 AM
DAMN the music was nice.. Rest of the ep was watchable.
And the unending hmphing was annoying.. they should've skipped that while they were translating it.. like dattebayoo. It would be annoying to read that all the time wouldn't it. so i blame SD.

Conders
Mon, 03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I really liked this episode... It's kind of wierd to actually look forward to Naruto again!
The music is great, and I've might be blind after allmost 100 eps of filler, but I still think the animation is great! I felt the Kakashi vs. Naruto/Sakura fight as the highlight of this ep. even though the Deidara and Gaara fight was awsome to!

Winged Dancer
Mon, 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
I know everybody has said this, but the music is nice. I wonder if it's the same guy from before, but somehow I feel that in the "old" series (before the fillers, too) the music wasn't used this well - sweeping, omnious chords for the Akatsuki infiltration, what more can one ask? First time I've ever felt like wanting to buy a Naruto soundtrack.

Well, the fight between Kakashi and Naruto/Sakura was a little slow - three episodes? To be expected, with that many flashbacks, but on the other hand it was rather nice to see their growth... even if they still can't land a full hit on Kakashi, they were pretty close most of the time.

JaySee
Mon, 03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Can't land a full hit? They very easily could have killed Kakashi.

mage
Mon, 03-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Can't land a full hit? They very easily could have killed Kakashi.
That doesn't matter if they can't hit him..

Winged Dancer
Mon, 03-05-2007, 08:32 PM
The image I have burned in my mind is Sakura attacking from the sky and Kakashi barely dodging the hit. So yeah, they could've killed him - but he's still able to avoid their attacks. Kakashi did look way more tired than they did, so if they hadn't had a time limit....

DB_Hunter
Mon, 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
This fight was meanignless. If you really want to see who is stronger than there should have been a real fight. Remember, Sakura and Naruto were supposed to be going at Kakashi as if they were going to kill him, yet they could not land a single blow. If Kakashi had the same intention, I think this fight would have been over much sooner.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Somehow I don't think if Kakashi was fighting an opponent that actually meant to kill him that he'd have allowed the spoiler trick to work.

Anyway, I noticed nobody mentioned Kankuro. Doesn't look like he carries around his puppets anymore. Looks like giant scrolls. I wonder if he summons his puppets now the way TenTen summons her weapons.

XanBcoo
Tue, 03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
That would seem to be a bit more practical.

He also looks like he has new face paint. Weird.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Much better than the previous ep

I also agree with you. I thought that the manga did it alot more justice by being more precise and less "fluff". Awell it is nice to see it still though....

that is all I have to say about that....

-dg-

Sariachan
Thu, 03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm enjoying the Gaara/Deidara fight in the anime too, but it would have been better in a 16:9 format... for example, when Gaara summons... the desert behind Sunagakure, he rises his arms but while in the manga we can see both of them and his hands, in the anime they are cut. :(

Mizuchi
Fri, 03-09-2007, 01:21 PM
y must you make posts like this?

y is there no naruto today?

lilphatboi88
Sat, 03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I don't remember there not being a naruto episode next week on last week's episode. Where is it?

DB_Hunter
Sat, 03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
There isn't going to be one this week. Apparantly it will be released the week after, then another break of a week. Then we get a 1 hour special, then it will probably continue as normal.

Mr. Roboto
Tue, 03-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Anyway, I noticed nobody mentioned Kankuro. Doesn't look like he carries around his puppets anymore. Looks like giant scrolls. I wonder if he summons his puppets now the way TenTen summons her weapons.

It looks like he has a few of them, possibly three. It should be interesting to see how he uses them.