PDA

View Full Version : Now that the series is being animated...

toonice714
Thu, 02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
How many of you will make 343 the last manga chapter you will read to enjoy waiting for the naruto anime? I dont think they will do any fillers for part 2 for awhile. Even if they do im sure part 2 filler wont be as bad or as long as the previous filler. The manga isn't anywhere pivitol currently and its about time for a slight rest period since naruto unveiled the new rasengan. I think this would be a great spot to stop and go back to enjoying the anime. What do you guys think?

jing
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:32 PM
I think you assume that everybody watch the anime. I know a handfull of people who prefers reading over watching the anime, that includes myself. I couldn't careless what the anime is doing. I just like the suspense that mangas give and also the details in the art.

Super5
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I think I'm going to take a break from the manga. I only started reading because the fillers were so godawful that I need anything to distract from them. I actually prefer the anime, since chaotic battle scenes can be represented much better in a visual medium. I just don't think static drawings can do intense battles justice.

Assertn
Thu, 02-22-2007, 11:48 PM
i like the manga for the story, and the anime for the animation and music. Pretty straightforward....but reading the manga doesn't take away from the anime experience, and I've started the manga long before even the first batch of naruto fillers.

mage
Fri, 02-23-2007, 12:07 AM
I will continue reading.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 02-23-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm gonna keep reading it, I read the arc the anime is up to now so long ago that its not too fresh in my mind. And theres plenty of time before the anime makes it to where the manga is at now. I read the manga for the story and watch the anime for everything else so it works out.

Idealistic
Fri, 02-23-2007, 12:46 AM
I've always enjoyed reading about something I'm interested in... And then when a movie comes out or the show is animated... It's like wow!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-23-2007, 02:47 AM
I've stopped watching the anime after the 1st diller arc in the filler season (about episode 130 and something). it wasn't becuase the fillers were so bad - I didn't watch enough of them to come into that conclusion...

I simply don't have (want to) spend time on an anime I only moderatly enjoy and won't suprise me at much (note: making me say "Wow, this sucks" doesn't count as suprising).

So, I'm gonna stick with the manga for now... maybe my brother will someday like to download naruto anime, but i really doubt it...

phil0253
Fri, 02-23-2007, 08:23 AM
i personally don't really care for the anime as much as the manga because of the fact that the anime is ok but the manga is what got me hooked in the first place and has lead me to all the other manga and anime it was actually my first manga and it was the first step for me in the manga/anime realm.

toonice714
Fri, 02-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I think you assume that everybody watch the anime. I know a handfull of people who prefers reading over watching the anime, that includes myself. I couldn't careless what the anime is doing. I just like the suspense that mangas give and also the details in the art.

Yeah you're right. I actually started reading other anime before i watched them. (heh heh everyone gets one bad new thread right??) ~runs away~

fahoumh
Fri, 02-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I started with the anime back when I orginally signed up here. I was caught up within a few weeks and around this time last year I started reading the manga when I became annoyed with the fillers. It didn't take long for me to catch up in the manga and I've been reading it regularly ever since. I think I enjoyed reading the manga better than watching these new episodes of Shippuuden...the animation quality is pretty weak and the constant flashbacks are irksome.

Carnage
Fri, 02-23-2007, 02:54 PM
I Started with the manga in 2002, 3 months there after I started watching the anime.Ever since I've liked the manga better except for the well animated fights(Oro vs. Sasuke, Rock Lee fights, Oro vs. Sarutobi, Naruto vs. Sasuke).

Sariachan
Thu, 03-08-2007, 09:49 PM
The manga is still better... ^^

Stoopider
Fri, 03-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Though I started watching since episode 21 of the anime, and never stopped since. I have to say I enjoy watching and reading Naruto.

The manga is better that it's more true to the source and capture the storyline better. The anime's pretty cool especially concerning the fight scenes. But the plot tend to get lost when there's neverending filler episodes, and awful repeat scenes over and over again which irritate me to no end.

I prefer the manga over anime. But I love the fight scenes in the anime.

Sasori
Sat, 03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Although I do watch the anime, I like the manga better. In the manga, things are faster moving, bloodier, and don't get explained twice over. I watch the anime for the thrill and excitement of seeing the characters move. I loved the fight between Rock Lee and Gaara when Lee took his weights off. It was much more exhilarating. The same goes for the fights between Lee and Kimimaro, Gaara and Kimimaro, and Naruto vs Sasuke when Naruto starts beating the crap out of Sasuke. Both the anime and manga are good, but the manga has more benefits.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 03-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Hmmm...I would stop reading the manga if I could. But I cant seem to stop myself. And I dont want to wait a year to find out what is going to happen ya know? And as far as watching the Anime after already reading the manga, doesnt bother me cuz they change things all the time. Not to mention it was what....over a year ago that I read those chapters? Still good stuff no matter how many times you see it and no matter what format it is in! -dg-