PDA

View Full Version : TV: Jericho

Munsu
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4993/jerichopicturesy8.png

Just wondering if anyone here watches this series. I think it's an OK series. It has very bad acting, and the story hasn't been as good as it could've been. Still, it's alright to watch. I do expect that the coming episodes pick up the pace a little bit.

The show just came back from its Christmas Break, with the airing of it's 12th episode.

After a nuclear disaster caused by several terrorist attacks destroys most of America, residents of a small Kansas town must come to terms with a new and very different reality.

saman
Sun, 02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
i like this series. it has lots of twists and suspense. however, i keep forgetting to watch it since it's come back :S i'll have to work on that.

Munsu
Tue, 02-27-2007, 10:58 AM
You've only missed one episode, so you're not far behind if you only have missed episodes since the break.

saman
Wed, 02-28-2007, 05:32 PM
oh. good! i thought i had missed at least two. now i know it won't be a problem to catch up. thanks :)

Munsu
Sat, 05-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Anyone still watching this? I just caught up to episode 21....

Last couple of episodes have been good, especially with the civil war that just started. All out wars always makes good TV.

Inazuma
Mon, 05-07-2007, 05:15 PM
It's Ok ... But they got some scenario issues.

Attacked by Mortars ? Have a tank

Munsu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
A tank with no ammo is useless, plus they are slow and they needed to cover a lot of entrances.

Anyways, the show got cancelled soon after the finale, and just two days ago CBS picked up the show once again thanks to the fans sending a shitload of letters and nuts to the network. It got 6 more episodes.

Koyuki
Sun, 06-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Wasn't it 7 episodes? Anyways, I'm relifed that Jericho is back. It's my favourite serie this season with Heroes.

Munsu
Thu, 01-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Well, a couple of days ago 3 episodes were leaked for the second season:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=60705d8ab49d21c1cbbbb025839 0a3820382d718
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=ce07ce0f651e08ed3926412bac8 88641b06bf0fc
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=9232cc51cb26bab545b72b974ae 97cc68f0e486e

I watched them, and I'd say they are quite good... I like the direction the season is having, and I think this three episodes are quite an improvement from most episodes last season. Any of you seen these 3 yet?

Just so you know, the series should return on February 12.

Koyuki
Thu, 01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks Munsu! You roxxor my boxxor :)

I'll watch them now

Koyuki
Sun, 02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I've watched them now. Jericho is back in business and I love it. I got the same feeling as last season, I just hope other people will watch it when it comes back on CBS.

Munsu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I thought the first season was quite weak... though I enjoyed it, it was simply quite weak. The first 3 episodes of this season I thought are a huge improvement. I thought the acting in the first season was bad for the most part, though I blame the writers and directors more than the actual actors because I've seen them on other shows and movies, and they certainly are much better than what they've have shown. But whatever, I've liked what I've seen from season 2... hopefully it gets decent ratings.

Munsu
Fri, 03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, sadly, this series has been cancelled:
http://www.tv.com/story/11040.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;1

CBS cancels cult favorite after two seasons; network will air series-finale version of Tuesday's episode.

I'm not up-to-date with the series... I think I'll watch episode 4+ tonight and try to catch the finale live. Any of you up-to-date?

AngryGumball
Sat, 03-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I watched all of them and all of last season.

Attended the sideshow at San Diego Comic Con to.

We knew at Comic Con they were given 7 episodes and given their own set this time around. However we the fans were told it would air much sooner, rather than march. I'm willing to bet that the writers strike had nothing to do with it.

CBS did their best again to kill it and they did, by delaying when those 7 episodes would air and not hyping up the show before hand.

I do not think it was bad acting or anything else bad in the show that someone earlier in this thread said.

I think some of the problem with the 7 episodes of Season 2, was that the writers/producers had to do a whole storyline in 7 episodes thats sort of a problem in itself.

Munsu
Mon, 03-24-2008, 01:46 PM
The strike had everything to do with it.... ALL networks reworked their schedules... this wasn't about CBS screwing Jericho, heck that Jericho even got a chance at a second season was nothing short of a miracle.

And sorry, but the acting overall was quite bad... it improved substantially in the second season, but in the first one it was its downfall. You can blame the writers for writing shitty lines, or directors for failing to capture the moment... but in the end what was potrayed was bad acting; which is sad because they had a couple of capable actors to pull it through.

And having the whole storyline in 7 episodes was not its downfall... in fact, it worked to the benefit. There was no wasted moment, the action and drama picked up, and it was much more exciting... also, it appears that they had a couple of versions episode 7... and that would apparently allow the story to continue and another to conclude it; this is certainly not the problem.

Anyways, just watched episodes 4-6, and episode 4 has to be the best episode on the series. The final scene was great, and the way they handled Bonnie was awesome... great action and drama... the sound effects, the directing, everything was great in that shot.

So now we're left with the series finale, and I'm glad that this series at the least will have a conclusion, since from what I'm reading around they actually had a series finale in place... let's hope they pull through and conclude it and not leave us in a cliffhanger.

AngryGumball
Mon, 03-31-2008, 02:30 AM
ok where do you get that it was the strike that delayed the show, are you saying the filming wasnt' complete that that strike affected filming? It was 7 episodes they knew that had that many back in June, they had the outside set filmed. nonsense on strike affecting it.

CBS screwed Jericho.

Munsu
Mon, 03-31-2008, 08:36 AM
ok where do you get that it was the strike that delayed the show, are you saying the filming wasnt' complete that that strike affected filming? It was 7 episodes they knew that had that many back in June, they had the outside set filmed. nonsense on strike affecting it.

CBS screwed Jericho.
Once again, with the mediocre ratings the series had CBS didn't have to bring Jericho back at all. Secondly, ALL NETWORKS reworked their schedule because of the strike, so singling out CBS for this particular change with this particular show is nonsense.

Anyways, I enjoyed the final episode, and for what it is worth it got a good ending out of it.