PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 116

jghutchinson@mac.com
Thu, 02-22-2007, 12:36 AM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b116.torrent

Danad_corps
Thu, 02-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Next few eps are gonna be awesome with all the different battles going on. Hopefully we'll finally be able to see Yumichika's Zanpakuto in action. Not only that but we get to see Rukia's Zanpakuto!

Grimjaw definitely looks the coolest out of all the Arancar. Haven't seen much of the Vaizard recently...i wonder if/how they are going to integrate themselves into the storyline now.

...anyone else surprised by how far out the camera zoomed when it was focused on Rangiku's tits?

Yukimura
Thu, 02-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Wonderful! Rangiku broke into so many new layers of sex appeal this ep it's crazy. But on a more serious note, her advice to Orihime didn't seem very main stream. Instead of the usually protocol of girl A whines that she's jealous of the female lead that actually has balls, followed by girl B saying some deep philosophical thing to bolster girls A's confidence and encourage her to Fightto!, Rangiku told her to forget about Ichigo as he really wasn't at the point in his life where he needed or would benefit from a gf and complimented her on her self-control in accepting that and still trying to just be his friend.

Next eps will be awesome indeed,

@below, how is it a spoiler to say I think they just dangled that line about Rukia's zanpakutou in front of us, but won't follow through?

stratosthegreek
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Yukimura isn't that kind of a spoiler you posted regarding rukia?

anyways...rangiku was a little naughty this episode...another transition episode moving the story along, hopefully some good action next time

Irenical
Thu, 02-22-2007, 03:12 AM
yar! 14 hours till it's done bt hates me :(....f-ing ninjas

Kensee
Thu, 02-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Grimmjow is just a fun arrancar. Can't wait to see how the SS folks rank up to all these other arrancar. Now, even though aizen said 20 brothers and sisters, not all of them are vasto lordes right? I'm assuming only a small handfull of those arrancar were once vastolorde and then became arrancar while the rest are the 2nd class of menos grande. This seem logical to everyone else or someone thinks otherwise?

edit: I laughed at the part where they were talking about the food from the grocery store... haha.

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-22-2007, 03:25 AM
i thought Rukia's wanting to stay with Ichigo and Inoue's confession to Matsumoto were the best parts. I liked the new Arrancar, looking forward to some fights. Yumichika was noticeably impressive as well.

Asano with reiatsu? poor guy got power just in time to get targeted...

el_boss
Thu, 02-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Really good build up ep.

Grimmjow??? Isn't it blaringly obvious that it should be GrimmJAW. Since you know he has hollowjaw and all.

Where is Ishida? and Gin and Tousen??

I hate the vast lord with the pointy thing on his head.

Knives122
Thu, 02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Nope it's Grimmjow, That's what we call him b/c that's his name. No jaw.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-22-2007, 09:19 AM
This thread needs more pictures of the delightful exchange between Matsumoto and Inoue!

The part where Matsumoto was trying to convince Ichigo to let her stay at his house was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

There was probably some non-fanservice stuff too, but I've forgotten it all.

Something about a half-dozen vasto lorde arrancar attacking the group and somehow everyone isn't gonna die even though the things are stronger than captains.

Kensee
Thu, 02-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Ehh, I don't think they are all vasto lordes.... just cause they all seem kinda 2nd class characters next to Grimmjow. Maybe Grimmjow is one (if he can fight as well as he talks) but eh, we'll see what happens.

Let's do a little screenshot action ... for some deeper analysis:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/Bleach/bscap0008.jpg
Ohh yes, I love me some analysis.

Edit: and ... moar!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/Bleach/bscap0012.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/Bleach/bscap0016.jpg

Knives122
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
My personal favorite scene from the ep:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6493/bleach87mx7.gif

el_boss
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Nope it's Grimmjow, That's what we call him b/c that's his name. No jaw.So it's a theme for the vast lords to have bad names eh?

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2680/grimmjawbg8.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7364/droypi9.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1300/edoradhi7.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9287/ilforteti0.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2659/nakimoo0.jpg

I skipped pointy-hat-guy cuz he's lame

Knives122
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Who said anything about them being vast lords?

Besides their names don't matter as long as they do cool things. So one of them can be named Hippletanta and look like a retarded giraffe that spits gum out of it's mouth for all I care

Deadfire
Thu, 02-22-2007, 11:05 AM
I don't think animals can be hollows :P

Anyways, did anyone else catch that they were avoiding detection? Like they are doing this under their own orders. If there to be brutal as they say they are, they aren't going to hold back.

Good luck Ichigo and crew :P

And the preview for the next ep was interesting..something about a rukia's sword..

Kraco
Thu, 02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I also have a bit hard time believing they all would be vasto lordes. Because while it would be normal for Ichigo to fight and ultimately be victorious against overly powerful opponents, I'm a bit hesitant accepting everybody among this group sent to the real world from SS, only one of which is a captain, would be like that. It would be meaningless to say vasto lordes are more powerful than captains and then have a whole group beaten by liutenants and lesser shinigami. Well, assuming they are going to get beaten (and assuming the folks aren't going to be saved by a surprise allied attack).

And on the other hand I find most of these villains either far too amiable or too simple-minded to be such monsters. People like Ulquiorra who are harder to describe and who basically decides for themselves what they are doing (even by seemingly disobeying Aizen's orders) are more likely to be Vasto Lordes. In that sense I wouldn't be surprised if even Grimmjow wasn't a vasto lorde, but a lesser arrancar who just wants to appear high and mighty by attacking everything that moves.

Anyway, it was an interesting episode. Rukia's decision to stick close to Ichigo was highly welcome to me, as well as Inoue's confession. Just like Masa said in his own post...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Am I the only one who was watching last week when Hitsugaya said that Vasto Lordes were human sized?

The badguys are all human sized.

Therefore, all Vasto Lordes.

It's not fucking complicated.

My personal favorite scene from the ep:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6493/bleach87mx7.gifKiiiiiiiss...

Kraco
Thu, 02-22-2007, 04:51 PM
The smaller the hollow, the greater the power. We can also assume that arrancars are more powerful than vanilla hollows, otherwise there would be little meaning in turning them to arrancars. So, who knows, maybe they will lose size when turned into arrancars.

Otherwise I will stand by my earlier statement and say that if all those dudes were indeed vasto lordes, then either Bleach will end in a few eps with every good guy dead or perhaps Hitsugaya was just wrong, and vasto lordes aren't so tough after all. Or they weren't vasto lordes in the first place. Of course there's still also the possibility some totally unexpected joker card will save them all...

Felix
Thu, 02-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I dont think they are Vasto Lordes, it seems too soon to bring in the strongest enemies in large numbers. They just introduced the arrancar.....

Turkish-S
Thu, 02-22-2007, 05:09 PM
If there is a joker card it will be the vaizards... Good episode with funny parts in it..

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 02-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Grimmjow kinda reminds me of an older version of Hitsugaya for some reason....kinda cool.

And matsumoto was hot haha. I could just imagine what Kon would think missing that scene :D

Narasho
Thu, 02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Grimmjow reminded me of Ichigo's hollow self at first.

knifecrew
Thu, 02-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh Lord, was I excited to see GrimmjOw! What an ass, but damn is he great. :)

Knives122
Thu, 02-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Grimmjow kinda reminds me of an older version of Hitsugaya for some reason....kinda cool.

I'm glad someone else who watches this stuff found that similarity. If he looks like Hitsugaya he must uncertainly be badass....or more badass than he already is.

Danad_corps
Thu, 02-22-2007, 09:50 PM
it wouldn't make sense for all 20 of the arrancar to be Vasto Lordes. 20 Vasto Lordes workig together would be able to destroy/take over Earth and SS. Earth has a few people who are of captain class or higher. It would take a while for reinforcements to cross over from SS to Earth, so if there were 20 Vasto Lordes, it would be tremendously easy to take over Earth. Then you have SS (lacking a few lieutenants and vice-captains and even a Captain). They would have 10 Captains (albeit the old dude looked strong as F*ck!) and a few vice-captains and lieutenants (who would be of no hassle to kill) to deal with. I think that some (if not all) of the Arrancar have powers in between that of a Vasto Lorde and the 2nd tier Vasto peeps (if not completely in the 2nd tier).

I know that the Vasto Lorde are supposed to be the only ones who have human sizes, but if they were all Vasto Lordes, then everyone on Earth is dead now save for Ichigo (unless the Vaizard have an equal number and are equally strong and decide to save those peeps).

the onigiri part made me laugh

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-23-2007, 05:30 AM
i am tempted to agree with Darth that almost all the human size Arrancar are also Vasto Lordes. But I also think there's more to the Arrancars than we're getting. I mean, Shinigamis have to practice for a long time (or be uber sick) to tap the true potential of their Zanpaktou.

I can't imagine the Hollows strip their masks (and from the way Ichigo did it, it seems to be a sheer matter of will-power/heart) and adjust where their holes are and are suddenly Urahara level strong... And, besides, if Vaizards have to deal with fighting the Hollow side of them, can it really be such an oversight by the author that Hollows turned Arrancar don't have to struggle equally with that "yin" side of them?

so, i do believe Aizen may have 20 Arrancar Vastos. but it's obviously not enough yet (for whatever he's planning), or he would have made his move already. just because Hitsugaya says (10 Vasto Lorde level Arrancar could take on all of Soul Society), doesn't mean that that's the actual truth. There's plenty of hidden factors (Urahara, Kurosaki Isshin, the Quincys, the Vaizards) to keep Aizen from launching an all out attack just yet.

i think that the Arrancar strength may be overhyped here, and that we're underestimating the good guys, especially the "anime good guy immortality" factor.

Midnight
Fri, 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
so, i do believe Aizen may have 20 Arrancar Vastos. but it's obviously not enough yet (for whatever he's planning), or he would have made his move already. just because Hitsugaya says (10 Vasto Lorde level Arrancar could take on all of Soul Society), doesn't mean that that's the actual truth. There's plenty of hidden factors (Urahara, Kurosaki Isshin, the Quincys, the Vaizards) to keep Aizen from launching an all out attack just yet.

i think that the Arrancar strength may be overhyped here, and that we're underestimating the good guys, especially the "anime good guy immortality" factor.

Im not so sure his immediate goal is to conquer SS. Remember before he left into Huecos Mundo? He said something about sitting on the throne in heaven, and so whatever that means, that's probably what he's after.

Also, it makes sense that these are all Vasto Lordes, they are the size of humans after all.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 02-23-2007, 12:38 PM
They are not all vasto lords. They have already said vasto lords are more powerful then captain shinigami. If thats true becomeing arrancar would make them even more powerful=the end of SS and earth. There are also only a few vasto lords, so how can he collect 20 so fast without them giving him any problem such as turning on him. That big guy is probley a second class menos and the little one a vasto lord. Out of the group going to earth i would say only grimjow is a vasto lord.

Gravidus
Fri, 02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
They are not all vasto lords. They have already said vasto lords are more powerful then captain shinigami. If thats true becomeing arrancar would make them even more powerful=the end of SS and earth. There are also only a few vasto lords, so how can he collect 20 so fast without them giving him any problem such as turning on him. That big guy is probley a second class menos and the little one a vasto lord. Out of the group going to earth i would say only grimjow is a vasto lord.

I'm not sure if any of them are Vasto Lord class - if it's anyone I would think Grimmjow is the closest, if at all.

Bucket
Fri, 02-23-2007, 01:40 PM
I dont think they are Vasto Lordes, it seems too soon to bring in the strongest enemies in large numbers. They just introduced the arrancar.....
Why not? Some of the first shinigami we saw were Byakuya and Gin.

I don't see why these guys wouldn't be stronger than your average captain (even though there are plenty of captains who are miles above average). If they're going to wreak havoc for the next 100 episodes or so, Ichigo and co. have a lot of thrashings waiting for them.

Munsu
Fri, 02-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I don't think the 20 arrancars mentioned are Vasto Lorde class. First, you guys are all coming to conclusions based on their sizes, which at the moment is impossible, mainly because we haven't seen any of these Arrancars side by side with human. We've only seen Ulquiorra and Yammy in the human world. Between those two, Yammy is much bigger in size, both in height and width. Heck, Yammy is seen as double in size from Ichigo in some scenes.

Now, until we see any of these Arrancars in a scene side by side with either a human or with Ulquiorra, it's very hard to tell if they are Vasto Lordes or not.

So, stop saying that all those Arrancars we saw in the Hueco Mundo meeting are human sized, we have no way of knowing yet, and I bet most of them are not human sized at all.

And even so, I don't think the magaka will remember all these Menos characteristics when he starts designing more characters, I'm sure we'll see a lot of inconsistencies.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Well things look as if though they are going to get fun. Grimjow obvioulsy needs to work on his spirit level detection (why don't we all just imagine DBZ but with swords instead). He hasn't picked out Ichigo's dad, Ishida or his dad and he hasn't picked out the two Vaizards either.

Other parts of the episode, I though Ichigo's dad was hilarious with Rukia... lol I have had our third daughter!

But on another note it was interesting that Rukia did not recognise Ichigo's dad as being a Shinigami... he must half so long ago that Rukia wasn't even a Shinigami then.

Narasho
Fri, 02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
But on another note it was interesting that Rukia did not recognise Ichigo's dad as being a Shinigami... he must half so long ago that Rukia wasn't even a Shinigami then.

That's a good point, but if she didn't recognize him before (she has seen him hasn't she?), there's no reason for her to recognize him now.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
They are not all vasto lords. They have already said vasto lords are more powerful then captain shinigami. If thats true becomeing arrancar would make them even more powerful=the end of SS and earth. There are also only a few vasto lords, so how can he collect 20 so fast without them giving him any problem such as turning on him. That big guy is probley a second class menos and the little one a vasto lord. Out of the group going to earth i would say only grimjow is a vasto lord.Except that that's exactly how every shounen anime has ever been EVER. They tell you how powerful the badguys are, and victory should be completely impossible, but the good guy always gets 100x more powerful than before and wins.

They're doing the same thing here. Making the opposition overwhelming.

Bud is right though, we haven't actually seen any of Grimmjow's crew standing next to a human, so I suppose they might not be Vasto Lordes until we see that.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-23-2007, 08:16 PM
My question is, where the hell are Gin and Tosen?

knifecrew
Fri, 02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Somewhere in between Hueco Mundo and the Soul Society, they were sucked into a black hole, never to return.

Or you should just be patient, and time will tell.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 02-24-2007, 01:46 AM
My question is, where the hell are Gin and Tosen?

Ichigo killed them...you missed that ep? MAN IT WAS A GOOD ONE!

Anyhow, alot of boring girl on girl comedy. I like seeing Orihime breaking down though, shows that she is a girl....

-dg-

Kensee
Sat, 02-24-2007, 02:16 AM
When Aizen messed around and created the arrancar out of the menos grandes, they got more powerful. It could also mean that their entire appearance changed as well. Fisher King looked completely different when he changed, so why is it not hard to also think that maybe ... some if not a LARGE majority of those arrancar are just the 2nd class menos that were transformed.

If vasto lordes are as strong as they say, I would say Ulquiorra is maybe one while Yammy is of the 2nd class. (Just look at the huge difference in power and obviously one thinks like a brute while the other is able to analyze).

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-24-2007, 04:35 AM
I definatly think Yammi is one of the 2nd class. But I base this solely on his size, not his personality. He's twice as tall as chad, therefor, he's not a vasto lorde.

The only before-and-after example we have of a hollow becoming an arrancar, Fisher, he actually got bigger, not smaller, so I don't buy that "well maybe they shrunk to human size when they became arrancar". Grimmjow's crew is all the same size, so as soon as I see one side by side with a normal character, if they're nomal sized too than they're all Vasto Lordes.

Assassin
Sat, 02-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Grimjow obvioulsy needs to work on his spirit level detection (why don't we all just imagine DBZ but with swords instead). He hasn't picked out Ichigo's dad, Ishida or his dad and he hasn't picked out the two Vaizards either.

ishada has lost all his power, so hes the same level as a normal human rite now. as for the fathers...isshin is at captain level (if not more) so he should be able to easily hide his rietsu completely. hes been doing it for 20 years or so anyways, which is why no one, including the SS crew know of him. The only reason urahara knows about isshin is cuz he seems to know him from before (but hes so badass, i wouldn't be surprised if he could detect what little reitsu isshin puts out). Im assuming ishda's dad is at the same level as urahara/isshin so he should be able to hide his rietsu as well. he seems to have hidden it from ishda all this time, and ishda is the one who taught ichigo about detecting reitsu.

As for the vaizards, they could be in some seperate dimension or something. shinagami's have SS and hollows have Hueco Mundo, so it makes sense that the vaizards would have thier own funky other dimensional hideout. they obviously haven't been living in the real world all this time.

Narasho
Sat, 02-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I definatly think Yammi is one of the 2nd class. But I base this solely on his size, not his personality. He's twice as tall as chad, therefor, he's not a vasto lorde.

Yeah, based on Yami's strength and size I have to believe he is 2nd class. (or worse) Ichigo would have destroyed him with no effort if the thing inside of him had not interferred.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 02-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, based on Yami's strength and size I have to believe he is 2nd class. (or worse) Ichigo would have destroyed him with no effort if the thing inside of him had not interferred.

They did say in the last ep that it had nothing to do with size though. I mean that the strongest ones are supposed to be the same size as humans. He could just be a big human! -dg-

edit: durf I wasnt paying attention.

JaySee
Sat, 02-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Huh? Narasho's saying because Yami's tall and huge, he's probably weak.

Narasho
Sat, 02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
They did say in the last ep that it had nothing to do with size though. I mean that the strongest ones are supposed to be the same size as humans. He could just be a short human! -dg-

Yami is big, and they said that the lowest class Arrancar's are bigger, and even showed a picture that looked somewhat like Yami's shape. I don't know what you mean by he could be a short human...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 02-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Just because his arm was cut off doesnt make him weak ok!!! He is still strong to me! I LOVE HIM! -dg-

JaySee
Sun, 02-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Was that you trying to pull your foot out of your mouth?

Anyways, the odd thing is all the other Arrancar look normal human size excapt Yami.

yallo
Sun, 02-25-2007, 08:29 AM
I really doubt the Vasto Lorde Arrancars are as powerful as Hitsugaya made them out to be. If I were Aizen and had an army of 20 such Arrancars (I'm making an assumption that they all are Vasto Lorde grade), then I'd immediately invade Soul Society and destroy them. Why wait around and waste time on little shinigami-wannabes running around in the real world?

If those Arrancars are really that powerful, then there's no way any of the main characters are going to survive the onslaught of 6 of them now. Unless the Vaizards appear and save the day, which I don't think is likely given their apparent dislike for Shinigamis. Although we have yet to see how powerful they can be, right now, they seem to be the ones with the highest chance of having battle abilities at least on par with the Vasto Lorde Arrancars. Can't wait to see them in action.

I don't seem to remember the definition of Hueco Mundo being explained properly in any episode.... anyone?

knifecrew
Sun, 02-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Hueco Mundo is translated as 'Hollow World'. And no, there hasn't been an episode that really focuses on the place itself. spoiler removed.

Please dont make any mention of events that have not yet occured in the anime.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-25-2007, 10:32 AM
All I seem to remember about the hollow's hideout is that its exists between the two dimensions of SS and the real world.

anime nomad
Mon, 02-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I really doubt the Vasto Lorde Arrancars are as powerful as Hitsugaya made them out to be. If I were Aizen and had an army of 20 such Arrancars (I'm making an assumption that they all are Vasto Lorde grade), then I'd immediately invade Soul Society and destroy them. Why wait around and waste time on little shinigami-wannabes running around in the real world?

you assume that Aizen intends to invade SS, i think we can all agree that Aizen is the master of deception, and guessing what his ultimate objectives are may be an exercise in futility. my interpretation of his motives thus far is (u'll have to excuse the cliche) : "he wants to be all that he can be".

Aizen is not satisfied with the limits that Shinigami's have, he wants more strength. i dont remember him expressing any interest in invading SS. (feel free to correct me)

but like i said: Aizen --> Mater of deception. I'd be somewhat disappointed if he's objectives were something as common as destroying SS. unless its a means to an end, not an end in its self.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-27-2007, 01:44 AM
I agree. Aizen never said anything about wanting to invade or destroy SS. The only thing he's ever said about his goal is he wants to obtain the power of a god.

And that's IF you can even believe that. Which, like anime nomad said, you can't because it's Aizen.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 02-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Aizen does seem that way. He may want to be a God and have a God's power, but he has to know that S.S. will get in his way. He's probably intent on getting rid of them so he has no one in his way.

Lucifus
Tue, 02-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Where are the otehr Shinigami that left with Aizen? =S

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 03-01-2007, 03:54 AM
well, Aizen did say farewell to the shinigami and that they would never meet again, so i assumed he was aiming for bigger fish to fry.

Anyways...vasto lordes are types of menos, who are formed from hollows piling together...so...does that mean its like multiple personalities? or some completely unbalanced person then>