PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Ghost Rider

Danad_corps
Tue, 02-20-2007, 04:10 AM
This movie was garbage. I can honestly say that the most enjoyable part of it was watching the previews. The dialogue is forced and the acting is horrible. Nicholas Cage should have never even been considered for this role. I made sure to look out for the screenwriters name in the end so i know NEVER to watch a movie made by him again. the special effects looked pretty good (only compliment i could think of).

Preview for 300 looks kick-ass! I really want to see that movie now.

eat_toast
Tue, 02-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Maybe not garbage, but they could have done a whole lot better. Before I even saw this movie, I told myself I wouldn't like it because of Nicholas Cage, and I was right to have such reservations ... just watch the last scene and hear how he delivers his lines. Sounds like a drunk man on depressants.

The whole romance thing was meh, but since that was basically the only thing driving the plot you can't complain too much. As stated above, the graphics were good, though it's too bad they didn't do anything creative with them (oh teh noes i am makign a firey tornado around yuo and yuo will die) Fleshing out some of the fights would have been nice (I'm sorry but the insta-kill eye move was lame as hell) even if it meant making the movie a little longer.

Bottom line: Rent it, or better download it if you have the inclination... just don't waste the money in theaters.

miracle m4x
Tue, 02-20-2007, 04:07 PM
If this movie seriously sucked hard, things don't bode too well for the Metal Gear Solid movie :(
Curse you Michael de Luca!

dark maginn
Tue, 02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
just went to go see it yesterday with my friend it suck but not to bad

Danad_corps
Tue, 02-20-2007, 10:06 PM
i haven't read the comics or anything, but the whole plot of the movie really sucked. I mean, come on, who did not predict how he was going to defeat the devil's son? The lines were lame ("you innocent!" and "you guilty!" comprised his war-cry), the fights were lame (they lasted like 1 minute and ended in a such an idiotic way!), and the story was lame. Mark Steven Johnson's (the person in charge of the screenplay and screen story) name is forever etched into my brain so I never watch a movie by him again.

Munsu
Tue, 03-27-2007, 05:56 AM
I wont blame Nicolas Cage for the bad performance... It was truely horribly written. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie and it was entertaining, but the lines that they forced the actors to say were horrible. The chick got together with Johnny too easily and she was too understanding. There was no real complexity to the characters as it should've been. Even though there was lots of action, the action itself was really slow... the opponents didn't do shit, only stand in front of each other while starring.

Genma
Tue, 03-27-2007, 09:35 AM
This movie sucked like no other. 20 second battles (if even), and a one minute long final battle, which resulted in the gayest ending out of any movie this year.

What a joke. Big time waste of my $9.

darkshadow
Fri, 03-30-2007, 04:09 AM
[ 00:09:56 ] *[ %DS|GhostRider ] just saw ghost rider
[ 00:10:03 ] *· · Nick : DS|GhostRider : [ DS ]
[ 00:10:36 ] *[ %AngelEyez ] That was a terrible movie >>
[ 00:10:47 ] *[ %DS ] nah it was awesome :P
[ 00:11:07 ] *[ %DS ] but im biased cause, ghost rider is one of my favorites in the marvel universe :P
[ 00:11:13 ] *[ %AngelEyez ] Pfft
[ 00:11:30 ] *[ %DS ] my only gripe was
[ 00:11:39 ] *[ %DS ] he owned the enemies too fast
[ 00:11:44 ] *[ %DS ] no epic battles like spiderman
[ 00:13:09 ] *[ %DS ] or blade even
[ 00:13:27 ] *[ %DS ] but ghost rider just ownes >_> so the movie rocked <_<
[ 00:14:01 ] *[ %AngelEyez ] Like you said, biased :P
[ 00:14:22 ] *[ %DS ] ok unbiased
[ 00:14:27 ] *[ %DS ] it was mediocre
[ 00:14:30 ] *[ %DS ] not terrible