PDA

View Full Version : TV: The Black Donnellys

Zati
Tue, 02-20-2007, 02:37 AM
This new show will be replacing Studio 60's time slot next Monday on NBC right after "Heroes" and I'm looking forward to it, although I still hope Studio 60 comes back soon. The pilot episode was great, and it reminded me of another gritty mob show that I like, "The Sopranos."

The ensemble cast includes Kirk Acevedo, Thomas Guiry, Billy Lush, Keith Nobbs, Michael Stahl-David, Jonathan Tucker and Olivia Wilde. The pilot was directed by Haggis, who also wrote the Academy Award-winning "Million Dollar Baby."

Academy Award winners Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco (both for "Crash") are the creators and executive producers of "The Black Donnellys," a gritty new drama series filmed in New York City and loosely based on Moresco's background. Haggis is also an Academy Award nominee for the original screenplay, "Letters From Iwo Jima."

The series follows the exploits of four young, working-class Irish-American brothers and their involvement in organized crime in New York City. The Donnelly brothers will do anything to protect each other against all odds.

Munsu
Tue, 02-20-2007, 04:57 PM
It does seem interesting, but when the brothers looked like weak characters in a photo I just saw. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a good series.

Danad_corps
Mon, 02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I didn't have time to watch the whole episode, but from the first 15 minutes that i saw, it looks good. I love a specific type of Irish music (the first song in Boondock Saints) and from the previews, it seems like this series will definitely be playing it :) Not only that, but it played one of my favorite trance songs after the first 10 minutes! Good music combined with the humor shown in the first quarter of the show equates to something i'd definitely enjoy.

I'll watch this ep later in the week n submit a post. In the meantime, what did you guys think of it? Was the rest of the show as good as I thought the first quarter was?

Munsu
Tue, 02-27-2007, 09:46 AM
I just watched the first episode, and I have to say that I really liked it. I just hope the ratings are good enough for the show to stick around. The final minutes of the first episode were awesome, and I think that people that watched that far will keep watching the rest of the series.

People that like shows like The Sopranos should enjoy this series.

Assassin
Wed, 02-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I just finished with the first ep a few min ago. Gotta admit, i didn't have high hopes for this show. Just from the name i was expecting something like The OC, or some stupid shit like that. But after watching it, i have to admit im impressed. Just the way the episode is narrated, and characters explained in the beginning was pretty cool. And the rest of the episode was equally as good. Like bud, i also loved the last few min of it. Tommy pulling out the knife, and taking care of business was just plain sexy.

The episode kinda reminded me of the movie Four Brothers, which i thought was very good. My initial dislike for this show for replacing Studio 60 is no more, and considering how much i liked Studio 60, thats saying something. I'll definately be keeping up with this series.

Munsu
Tue, 03-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Episode 3 aired last night, but there was a bonus episode that is only available online that takes place before episode 3. Although episode 3 makes sense without it, the bonus episode creates a more clear bridge between episodes 2 and 3.

This should be the bonus episode:
http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/blackdonnellys.shtml?show=donnellys03

I got a webrip off a private tracker, I don't know if it's available anywhere else.

kAi
Tue, 03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks to you I started watching it and am glad.
So far it's been good, downloading episode 3 now.

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 03-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Ohhh man they are just setting it up for tommy to take over, the guy is pretty bad ass so far, smart and knows how to handle buisness. I fucking hate doki he is the typical lower mob leader. Ive gotten to the point i don't like missing the show.

Munsu
Mon, 03-19-2007, 11:02 PM
I want Tommy to hurry up and bang the M.I.L.F.!

kAi
Wed, 03-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Another good episode, I like the way Tommy handle's things, he tries and does it the smart way without any trouble and with talk that can stop them a little. I liked how Nicky asked mobster #16
"Who do you bet on, Doki or Tommy?"

I also like how Jimmy is trying to get Louie's money, and then gets into a fight.

Zinobi
Thu, 03-22-2007, 12:26 AM
I dont know about you but I'd bet on Tommy...and his brothers :p

Munsu
Tue, 03-27-2007, 03:37 AM
Episode 5:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=e013032ed7720f57c015fe66419 b4e4bf6b551be

Nice episode last night...

I thought Jimmy was supposed to rehabilitate, but he gets worse by the episode. I feel sorry for Tommy, always trying to solve everyone's problems and getting his hands dirty in the process. What about the dad throwing the money in to the mailbox, that was hillarious. Tommy kicks ass as always, while Nikki gets his ass kicked once again.

Munsu
Tue, 04-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Episode 6:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=b136d9e642b4d7660bdfcebd3c5 799de9b2022d0

About last night's episode...

It was alright, as always... nothing really worth discussing. I myself wanted that 'Mouth' dude to be around longer, he seemed like a kickass ruthless character. The MILF fucking should be around soon, we got a step closer in this episode. Other than that, this was the episode that I've least liked so far. I think they are the series has hopes for renewal, so they are stretching the storyline a bit.

Munsu
Tue, 04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
This sucks, seems like the show got cancelled... for them to do this piece of shit decision, they might as well kept airing Studio 60.

Assassin
Wed, 04-11-2007, 01:37 AM
wait, what? is that official? Cuz that would really fucking suck. 2 good shows and both get cancelled. Wtf does the network want?

Shadow Skill
Wed, 04-11-2007, 01:48 AM
WTF! Are you serious?

I am really enjoying this show. I thought this show got awesome reviews and good ratings, wtf?

Munsu
Wed, 04-11-2007, 01:52 AM
http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/04/the_black_donnellys_nbc_puts_a_hit_on_the_drama.ph p

NBC.com will have the remaining episode online, which blows.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 04-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Ya, I just did a google search for information on this.

I find it odd that they cancelled the airing of the show on TV, but is putting it on the internet to be watched?

Plus the premier of the Real Wedding Crashers, a reality TV show? I don't think this is a coincidence. Trying to have their cake and eat it too. Just my theory though. :/

Munsu
Wed, 04-11-2007, 02:11 AM
That's the latest trend... air 5-6 episodes, cancel... and put the rest on the website. This has been done with Day Break, Kidnapped, Smith, Vanished among others.

Zati
Wed, 04-11-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm pissed that this got cancelled, it was one of the better shows airing right now, and I liked where it was going. I could just picture them rising to the top, like becoming mob bosses.

Yeah I'm tired of all these reality shows, and they always seem to get good ratings too because all these people keep watching them...like American Idol, Apprentice, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, etc..

Danad_corps
Fri, 04-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Damn. I really liked this show. It was cool and it played one of my fav. songs. I guess i'll still watch it via internet, but those mandatory ad's will be extremely annoying (esp. since it seems like its 1 ad repeated throughout the program).

Here's to hoping the Reality Show bubble will pop very soon and some quality shows will come on air.

Munsu
Sun, 04-29-2007, 03:27 AM
Webrips for 7,8, and 9:

http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=c0b7ce7bd6926e8a2e68e4e07ad 9b6f507e59196
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=07b46c2f69a3b83f7f861b919cb 11a84bc601cdb
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=221192471c8891ed442ac3fee9f 54fa4e24b2126

Assassin
Thu, 05-03-2007, 02:03 PM
just finished with ep 9...man, the show is really starting to get good now. i can't believe those bastards cancelled it. I like how tommy's growing into this responsible character while jimmy is becomg more of a delinquent. And all the parts with kevin are amazing lol. "its a matter of principle" lol.

any idea how many more webisodes there will be? is it a regular 20 ep season or what?

Munsu
Sun, 08-26-2007, 12:43 AM
I haven't been watching since the show got cancelled, so I won't be reading the previous posts.

Just to let you know that the series DVD should be released on September 4, so we can expect DVDrips to be coming out soon. It seems that the complete series is 13 episodes long (I don't know if that includes the web-only episodes, like episode 2.5).

Munsu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Just finished watching the dvdrip episodes. Man this was such a great series, and the final episodes were good. Cancelling this show was a huge mistake by NBC.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 09-28-2007, 03:38 AM
they never realy said it is a complete cancelation there still may be some hope that they will bring it back or somone else picks it up, hopefully thats what happens since it is a great show.

Munsu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Hmm, you may be right. From what I understand, a new network bought the rights to first season, HDNet. HDNet is owned by Mark Cuban, who's a crazy billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks. Some people still have hope that he might take a risk and continue the series, though I highly doubt that it would happen.
http://www.savetheblackdonnellys.net/hdnet.html