PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused about Naruto's power...

Idealistic
Mon, 02-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Ok during the chuunin exam before his fight with Neji, Jiraiya trained Naruto to learn how to control or use some of Kyuubi's chakra right?

And then when he leaves to train with Jiraiya for 2 years, we've only seen so far that it was pretty much just learning how to control Kyuubi's power more right?

Now in chapter 299 of the manga, yamato tells Naruto that he should completely suppress Kyuubi's power because he doesn't need it.

Sooo.... Is Jiraiya's training suppose to be worthless besides the Rasengan?

Isn't the Kyuubi's power sort of Naruto's own bloodline limit? It's what makes him special.... I think it would be pretty dumb if he just becomes a regular ninja and not to mention his training of using Kyuubi's power becomes worthless.

Also, Naruto's large amount of chakra which allows him to do so many kage bunshins... Is that his own chakra or is it because he has Kyuubi inside of him that he is able to have that much chakra? I do realize that Kyuubi's chakra and Naruto's chakra are completely different... But I'm just wondering.

Moving this to the manga section

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Well... maybe Jiraiya trained Naruto to control that power, but later on discovered it was too dangerous. That's why they asked Yamato to help Naruto.

Remember Jiraiya stated that Naruto almost killed him when he entered four tails. And Naruto DID go berserk with four tails against Orochimaru.

They simply realized that power is too dangerous.

Kyuubi already tried to trick Naruto to free him, but Sasuke stopped the demon in the very same arc.

About the chakra... I believe Yondaime's seal has been gradually converting Kyuubi's chakra into Naruto's, that is why he has more chakra than others with and without Kyuubi.

RasenDori
Mon, 02-19-2007, 02:44 PM
i remember yamato mentioning something along the lines that naruto is able to withstand the kyuubis chakra because of the strength of his own. i think he not only naturally has a lot of chakra on his own, but his chakra is also mixing with the kyuubis which explains the eyes.

darkshadow
Mon, 02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
"Ebisu remarks that Naruto's stamina is extremely high, possibly linked to the demon fox. However, this is without actually using the demon fox's power, leading a conclusion that even by himself, Naruto has an extremely high level of stamina"

BananaFob
Mon, 02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Yes, I also believe darkshadow is right. The proof is actually there also, with the battle of Sasuke and Naruto against Haku. Naruto repeatedly kept producing clones, even after Haku killed them all. It wasn't until Naruto got super pissed that the Kyuubi power was shown.

But anyway, yeah, Naruto went training with Jiraiya to control his Kyuubi powers so he could defend himself from Akatsuki, but Naruto's seal is getting weaker also. Because the seal is getting weaker, Naruto becomes unstable as he was in the 4th-tail state where he cannot control the Kyuubi's actions really quickly. That is why Yamato is there to restrict the power of Naruto so it does not get out of hand and kill everybody including Naruto himself.

jing
Mon, 02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Naruto's seal is getting weaker? Really...

The Adjective
Mon, 02-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Now in chapter 299 of the manga, yamato tells Naruto that he should completely suppress Kyuubi's power because he doesn't need it.

Sooo.... Is Jiraiya's training suppose to be worthless besides the Rasengan?

I think what Yamato is trying to get across is that Naruto shouldn't always rely on the Kyuubi's power. He should be focusing and developing his own power as well.

Jiraiya's training is far from worthless because, well, Kyuubi's power is awesome. If Naruto should ever find himself in danger, being able to tap into that power during battle will surprise his enemies and give him the edge. We've all seen what Kyuubi's power is capable of.

Kensee
Tue, 02-20-2007, 01:15 AM
"Ebisu remarks that Naruto's stamina is extremely high, possibly linked to the demon fox. However, this is without actually using the demon fox's power, leading a conclusion that even by himself, Naruto has an extremely high level of stamina"

Naruto must be a friken beast in the sack. Just imagine it, he has EXTREMELY high level of stamina. That is worth more than a bloodline limit anyday ...

ANYDAY!

edit: reading it over, maybe Jiraya was just training Naruto so he'd be a hit with the ladies, just like Jiraya.

Idealistic
Tue, 02-20-2007, 01:58 AM
edit: reading it over, maybe Jiraya was just training Naruto so he'd be a hit with the ladies, just like Jiraya.

lol yeah... but when Sakura asks Naruto if she was more womanly now... Naruto didn't have too much game going there.

Super5
Tue, 02-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Naruto needs Kyuubi's chakra, I agree that it's what makes him special. His use of Kage Bunshin (and why it's dangerous to everyone else but not him) is directly linked to the almost infinite supply of chakra from the nine-tails. The shadow clone was forbidden because it could cause your chakra to go to zero, resulting in incapacitation or death. But Naruto would be saved even if he misused it.

Discounting his huge chakra, Naruto is nothing special. In fact, he's way below average without it. I think Yamato just wants Naruto to avoid using Kyuubi's chakra until he trains himself to control it better. When Naruto learns to fully control this chakra source, he will become Hokage. That's my prediction...

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Naruto made 500+ clones to train the Rasen Shuriken WHILE Yamato supressed Kyuubi.

So... you are wrong Super5.

JaySee
Tue, 02-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Suppress is the wrong word. He wasn't holding it back. He was keeping it in check.

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 02-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Naruto has his own large chakra pool. kakashi has said it at the begining of the manga/anime. He said "Naruto has more chakra then sasuke, even more chkra then me" or something along those lines. Neji has also said he has a large amount of chakra. Remember the training with jiraya, he told naruto to waste all his chakra and it took forever, and the point of that training was to only have the kyubbi chakra left. All those points prove naruto has his own extremly high amount of chakra. The kyubbi chakra is more of a second chakra with a penalty behind it of going berserk.

JaySee
Tue, 02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Yes Naruto has a lot of chakra on his own, but Jiraiya's training was to teach Naruto how to tap into the Kyuubi chakra. Naruto was too dumb, so he said waste all your own first. Now Naruto can mix the 2. The Kyuubi's chakra is stronger and limitless.

ody
Wed, 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM
What chapter is the one where Naruto goes 4-tail on Orochimaru?

HyourinMaru-
Wed, 02-21-2007, 08:15 PM
i think its 290 upto 299 .... its the arc after sasoris death... and its also the arc where sai and yamato is introduced.. :) kinda nice battle between naruto and orochimaru... only that naruto is not himself...

Idealistic
Thu, 02-22-2007, 01:58 AM
No one has really answered how Naruto's chakra works. His large chakra pool is because of the Kyuubi right? So how come his chakra and the Kyuubi's chakra are separate?

If the Kyuubi's chakra converts into Naruto's chakra..... Why is there the whole point of Naruto having to use up his own chakra before he can tap into the Kyuubi's?

:confused:

Dark Dragon
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:06 AM
ok for example, imagine kyubi chakra as a block of ice and having kyubi living inside naruto would be like adding heat to the block of ice. Naruto chakra would be the water resulted in the ice melting, it slowly build up while kyubi is losing his (i guess?) and if naruto drain up all of his own chakra (the water) and tap into kyubi (the ice) he would go berserk.

JaySee
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Like I said, Jiraiya's training method of draining Naruto's chakra was because he was too dumb to call upon it other wise. It's not like that anymore. Naruto can call upon the Kyuubi chakra without draining his own. He does not go beserk using the chakra, just unleashing the tails.

Idealistic
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:17 AM
i remember yamato mentioning something along the lines that naruto is able to withstand the kyuubis chakra because of the strength of his own. i think he not only naturally has a lot of chakra on his own, but his chakra is also mixing with the kyuubis which explains the eyes.

he did say something like that... but then during the early episodes where naruto stabs himself in his hand to prove to kakashi n his team that he wasn't going to go back on his word..... the wound healed really fast and kakashi says it's because he's special (pretty much meaning because of the kyuubi in him.)

sooo naruto being able to withstand the pain is because of the kyuubi then right?

and if that's not the case and it's because of his own stength.... then the story is very contradicting.

Yukimura
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:17 AM
@Dark Dragon: That seems like a pretty reasonable analogy, though I'd add for clarities sake that Naruto does produce his own chakra in addition to the 'melted ice' that he gets from Kyubii on an everyday basis. This would also explain the rapid healing, It's not the pure chakra from Kyuubi that heals him but the fact that he has natural access to so much residual chakra from Kyuubi that his body just taps into that when it needs to heal itself. Thus he can 4th tail up and start burning his own skin off with the pure chakra direct from the ice block and heal himself with the chakra that was melted on top.

HyourinMaru-
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:59 AM
he did say something like that... but then during the early episodes where naruto stabs himself in his hand to prove to kakashi n his team that he wasn't going to go back on his word..... the wound healed really fast and kakashi says it's because he's special (pretty much meaning because of the kyuubi in him.)

sooo naruto being able to withstand the pain is because of the kyuubi then right?

and if that's not the case and it's because of his own stength.... then the story is very contradicting.

yes thats true, Kakashi however, only saw naruto stabbed his hand. While with regards to Yamato, He saw clearly within the battle (Naruto 4 tails vs. Orochimaru) that Naruto was able to endure the damage that the Kyubi does to Naruto. As for as I can remember, it was in chapter 295 or 294 where in Yamato said to himself that usually when someone is wrapped by the kind of chakra the kyubi has.. the person would usually die.. but in Naruto's case... he was still moving. And then after that, when Naruto regained consciousness, Yamato told Naruto about his own strength.

phil0253
Thu, 02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
one of the things about the nine tails chakra is that the shroud around him is constantly hurting him the blackness of the shroud is caused by his own blood. there is a residual kyuubi chakra that allows him to heal but the chakra he already has is what keeps him alive inside that shroud.

Everon
Sun, 02-25-2007, 02:06 AM
yep, and apparently taking years off his life too (or something to the aspect of health).

I think looking at two years of training there was a lot more than just Kyuubi chakra control. I wouldn't be suprised to see Naruto doing some more precise frog summonings and varieties of Jiraya's jutsus.

Rhanfahl
Sun, 02-25-2007, 06:09 PM
From my observation Kyuubi chakra when its untapped works more like your automated bodily functions (ex. You don't have to tell your body to breathe to do it). However we can also tell ourselves to stop breathing or to breathe heavily or lightly. Tapping the Kyuubi is kind of like getting to the point where you have control of a harder body function (like the freaks that can slow their heartbeats to almost nill and stuff). When Naruto tapped into Kyuubi early on it was for lack of better example like going Super Saiyan for the first time. A catalyst was needed, an outside stimuli that would cause something like an adrenal reaction. However, if you've ever watched Dragonball you'd know that they learn to control the power and can tap it at will.

I think for lack of better terms, Jiraiya's goal was to turn Naruto into a "Super Saiyan". And Naruto can...up to a certain point...then he loses control. I think the reason Yamato said to stop using it was because at this point its uncontrolled an a double edged sword for Naurto. Essentially...don't use the Kyuubi until you are strong enough to make it your bitch, is the idealogy here. And the reason he tells him to Fight Sasuke with his own eyes is so that Naruto can beat him without relying on a power that is not his own.

As for Naruto's chakra, the reason he has so damn much was well elaborated when he first trained with Jiraiya. Naruto's seal was in such a state that he could not mold chakra properly...so Nauto being Nauto tried to compensate by making more (Remember in the first episodes when he'd use Henge and Bunshin Chakra would swirl around him like a storm!). Since Naruto spent most of his life with the seal unbalanced training like he did, he built up TONS of chakra. This is also why Jiraiya told him not to worry about getting down Chakra Precision training.

Elemental Ninjutsu now that he's learned the basics should be a breeze for him now since he has so damn much chakra. He's got Fuuton down and seems like he also has a handle on Suiton as well, maybe he'll develop Hyoton techniques next.

EpyonNext
Tue, 02-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Whats the word for Nuclear? I think he'll be hitting that one up soon as well.

Sasori
Wed, 03-07-2007, 05:02 PM
As for Naruto's chakra, the reason he has so damn much was well elaborated when he first trained with Jiraiya. Naruto's seal was in such a state that he could not mold chakra properly...so Nauto being Nauto tried to compensate by making more (Remember in the first episodes when he'd use Henge and Bunshin Chakra would swirl around him like a storm!). Since Naruto spent most of his life with the seal unbalanced training like he did, he built up TONS of chakra. This is also why Jiraiya told him not to worry about getting down Chakra Precision training.

Way back when in the somewhat early days, Kakashi told Naruto that he has something like, double the amount of chakra he has. Kakashi explained that you are born with a chakra capacity, you can't change it. I think really, Naruto didn't make his chakra reservoir bigger, Naruto was born with that immense reservoir, he built up his stamina while training so hard in the academy. During all those years at the academy, Naruto wasn't capable of doing anything right because of the seal. Naruto (maybe) poured more hours of training into his life than anyone else in the academy. This is where his stamina probably comes from. Am I making any sense here?

darkshadow
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM
the seal is to help naruto, not fuck up his chakra control, this only happened when oro gave him that 5 part seal over the death god seal, this messed him up.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM
*double post, delete plz*