PDA

View Full Version : ipod nano plug-in problem, please help

Mizuchi
Sat, 02-17-2007, 12:07 AM
I just got an ipod nano for valentines day earlier today.

I tried to plug in the USB to the port side, and the other side into the nano side. My computer told me it was installed and i needed to restart, so i restarted, and then i tried to take out the plug.

How deep are you supposed to plug in the plug into the ipod side? I plugged it in all the way. Is this bad? What do i do? It's hard to get it out.

Also, the person who got it for me did not buy a warranty. I heard that you get auto 1 year free warranty anyway, is this true??

please help

Deadfire
Sat, 02-17-2007, 12:59 AM
How deep are you supposed to plug in the plug into the ipod side? I plugged it in all the way. Is this bad? What do i do? It's hard to get it out.

From apples website

Dock Connector
Flip your iPod upside-down and you'll see the Dock Connector. When you connect the included iPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0 cable to this port, you can feed your iPod battery a healthy dose of electrical current when you attach the USB side of the cable to an AC adapter that's plugged into an electrical socket. Or connect it to a high-powered USB port on your computer to charge the battery and sync music and more.

This explains yes nothing about how hard you need to push it in... however this is the closest that exists in telling you, sort of your manual, which I think has the same wording

Also, the person who got it for me did not buy a warranty. I heard that you get auto 1 year free warranty anyway, is this true??

Your iPod nano, its rechargeable battery, and all included accessories are also covered against defects for a full year from the purchase date by a limited hardware warranty. If you do experience problems, even the process to get service is simple and easy. You can take your iPod nano to a local Apple Store, call our toll-free support line, or start your service request with our online form.

Thats what they officially say...now lets look at the fine print :P

This is from your apple warranty card

EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS

This Limited Warranty applies only to the hardware product manufactured by or for Apple that can be identified by the “Apple” trademark, trade name,
or logo affixed to it. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-Apple hardware product or any software, even if packaged or sold with the Apple
hardware. Manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers, other than Apple, may provide their own warranties to the end user purchaser, but Apple, in so far
as permitted by law, provides their products “as is”. Software distributed by Apple with or without the Apple brand name (including, but not limited to
system software) is not covered under this Limited Warranty. Refer to the licensing agreement accompanying the software for details of your rights with
respect to its use. Apple does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free. Apple is not responsible for damage
arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use.
This warranty does not apply: (a) to damage caused by use with non-Apple products; (b) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire,
earthquake or other external causes; (c) to damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended uses described by Apple; (d)
to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized
Service Provider (“AASP”); (e) to a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple; or
(f ) if any Apple serial number has been removed or defaced.

So there you go..

Mizuchi
Sat, 02-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks, I don't think the warranty excludes what I'm worried about, because a couple of my friends like tried to turn on their ipod one day and it just wouldnt turn on because of some internal problem, and the same thing happened to my old mp3 player.