PDA

View Full Version : The Michelangelo Code

el_boss
Mon, 02-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Since gayness is such a hot topic in these forums now this video feels relevant. The narrator brings up several interesting points, and it's extremely controversial which makes it extra juicy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fkxMgS017J0

Genma
Mon, 02-12-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't know if it was the narrator's horribly montoned voice, or the subject that made me uncomfortable, but I couldn't watch this.

Got about 30 seconds into it before raising a brow at all the naked statues, then tried to fast forward... only to find myself uninterested.

Although I did get a chuckle out of the tags for finding the video.

el_boss
Mon, 02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
"TL; DW", I know. But it's totally worth the time. At least watch the first couple of minutes when he states his case.

SK
Mon, 02-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Michelangelo wasn't gay....

EDIT: So he mentions the thing about homosexuality being genetic, then says homosexuality came about in the 1st century BCE In Greece.

el_boss
Tue, 02-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Michelangelo wasn't gay....

EDIT: So he mentions the thing about homosexuality being genetic, then says homosexuality came about in the 1st century BCE In Greece.But he still fucked the shit out if his proteges.

Don't homosexuals themselves claim that they "are born with it"?

The video won't fucking load, I'll be back with more later.

SK
Tue, 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Michelangelo didn't "fuck the shit out of" his proteges...I mean we can never know, but from what I've read the history points to him being a straight man, and not homosexual which is the popular idea these days. For every poem he wrote to a man that can be excused as merely friendship, the poems and letters he has written to women I don't think can be. Its funny when you read about Michelangelo these days they say his relationships with certain men were obviously homosexual in nature, while the ones with women are said to be "intellectual" or "spiritual" in nature, what marks the distinction? I think people just like controversy.

el_boss
Tue, 02-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Bisexual perhaps? Or maybe he just liked it.

It was pretty much standard procedure that masters had sex with their apprentices. Even the mighty spartans did it.

Anyway, wether Michelangelo was gay or not is not really the core subject of the clip.