PDA

View Full Version : Black Lagoon

Pages : [1] 2

Munsu
Fri, 04-14-2006, 10:37 AM
First episode released by Shinsen:

http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_01_%5BFBF35F0C%5D.avi.torrent

"Based on the manga by Hiroe Rei.
When Okajima Rokuro visited South East Asia carrying top secret file, he was kidnapped by the pirates riding in a torpedo boat, “Black Lagoon”. Although he thought he would be rescued soon, the company sent mercenaries to shut his mouth."

http://www.blacklagoon.jp/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6159
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=3395
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1822,kchqii,black_lagoon.html

dragonrage
Sat, 04-15-2006, 06:02 PM
i like this... think i will continue watching the series. Thank you for introducing it to me.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-15-2006, 06:17 PM
I've been waiting forever for someone to sub this. I've been reading the scans of the manga as they trickle out at an incredibly slow pace (5 chapters in 10 months or so).

Levy (alt. Revy) is a great character. Love the tattoo as well. Anyone who likes lots of bullets flying everywhere in the anime should check this out. It's a great series and I'm completely satisfied with the anime version.

IFHTT
Sat, 04-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh yeah, I can tell by the first 10 minutes of this 1st ep alone. This is going to be one bad ass series. I'm definately watching this one.

dragonrage
Sat, 04-15-2006, 08:07 PM
yep it deffinately shows promise... an interesting bunch and an interesting foe.....

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-18-2006, 09:28 PM
sweet sweet looking series. add another to my list!

OP is pretty good, nice catchy song.

I will eat my hat if Dutch isn't the same guy who voiced Inspector Runge from Monster. It's a slightly deeper voice here, but I'd recognize my favorite detective anywhere! I know cuz at first I thought Runge was played by the same guy who did Bear Walken in Gungrave and was shocked to find out otherwise. Dutch sounds almost exactly like Bear but the some of his 'let's calm down and think logically' lines are Runge, no doubt.
(the way he pronounces 'disk' is also a dead give away)

It's nice to see a diverse group of main characters for a change. Love the interaction between the pirates.

Nice action. They just need to throw in some more reloads (and how did Benny get outside and get a car?)

The ED.... wow. Wasn't looking for that kind of song to end a show like this...

edit- sweet, Dutch is Runge's VA. Nailed.

Kraco
Wed, 04-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Inspector Runge indeed. Like Masa I would have recognized that voice immediately. Not one of those voice actors you couldn't recognize easily, certainly. It was kind of funny to hear him in a totally different role. Not a cold, calculating detective but a hulking gangster... Quite a change, but he did it well.

The series itself seems promising. Ruthless plot with criminal syndicates, corrupt corporations, mean looking mercenaries and last but not least blood thirsty pirates! How could you go wrong with such a setting?

Aye, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

seanos
Sun, 04-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Episode 02 (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_02_%5BFD1D5432%5D.avi.torrent )

Kraco
Sun, 04-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Ho... It was a very good episode. There isn't actually anything that flashy about this series, but it delivers what it intends to with 100% efficiency and that's of course everything that's needed to make a quality series.

- - - Heavy 2. ep spoiler below - - -

And I wouldn't be surprised if this remained the only time during my life that I see a helicopter downed with a torpedo... Heh.

Death13a
Sun, 04-23-2006, 12:53 PM
spoilers below:

It one of the best anime i seen so far. Rock sure can be insane when cornered and very smart to come up with the plan so fast. writers don't try to downgrade any of the stuff or supersize to super flashy (2 torpidos and only one hitted and no explosion on impact). Also some minor characters get screen time.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
The torpedo scene was brilliant. This series is looking very promising.

kooshi
Mon, 04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
The two episodes so far have been pretty interesting so far. I was kinda worried that this was going to be another Bakuretsu Tenshi when I saw Levy taking out everyone in that bar, but thankfully, it hasn't turned out that way :)
Amen, Hallelujah, peanut butter :)

Munsu
Mon, 04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Man, the ending of the episode always pisses me off. The suspenseful music kicks in and you see Levy taking some slow steps. Suddenly you think a kickass part is going to happen, and as soon as you get your hopes up, you freaking realize that its the ED.

Kraco
Mon, 04-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. However, it's one of the best endings I have seen. The video is really great artistically, and the music, while not necessarily the best of ending musics around by itself, fits the video perfectly.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Amen, Hallelujah, peanut butter :)
I loved that line!
"My head's not torn off.
My sunglasses aren't broken.
Amen, Hallelujah, peanut butter."

And Rock giving the guy the finger and saying "I fucked you!"

Wicked shit. I'm liking this show more and more. I just wish I could figure out what they're saying in the OP. I like that song quite a bit. They also used a quieter version of the ED theme during the part when the 'gunman' had them cornered.

I love the crazy drums at the end of the ED and the drum piece used for the next episode preview.

Have high hopes for the future of this series.

dragonrage
Tue, 04-25-2006, 06:51 AM
great episode. Rock Fliping the Bird and saying I fucked you, nice.

Best part is when they said looks like we got a crazy one, lol. reminded me of all those disgruntle employees. Its amazing what you can come up with when you have nothing to lose.

definately enjoying this series. "pirates of the southern seas" huh.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-25-2006, 09:43 AM
definately enjoying this series. "pirates of the southern seas" huh.

The back of the volumes have a different tagline. One that's even more appropriate after the last eps. (Pretty much spoiler free, unless you count the title chapters)
Volume two cover (http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7565/blacklagoonv02cover10ir.jpg)

Kraco
Tue, 04-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Heh heh. Appropriate indeed... Can't say it wouldn't fit this series. Although not counting occasional moments of craziness, it still remains to be seen how well Rock can fill that description. His performance with the megaphone wasn't actually very badass, even if it was all the more funny because of that.

Lefty
Tue, 04-25-2006, 06:17 PM
This series definatly got my attention with the first two ep's. The Characters are good, story good, animation good. This could be come one of my new favorite series.

dragonrage
Tue, 04-25-2006, 11:09 PM
The back of the volumes have a different tagline. One that's even more appropriate after the last eps. (Pretty much spoiler free, unless you count the title chapters)
Volume two cover (http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7565/blacklagoonv02cover10ir.jpg)

lmao, i would say that is deffinately more appropriate......thank you for the info.

sheva
Wed, 04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
argh...when there're a series this good,it's licensed(by geneon)...only 2 subs is picking it up...i was hoping a better subgroup will do this though...

Munsu
Thu, 04-27-2006, 02:44 PM
ray=out released their version:

http://rayout-subs.net/tracker/torrents/%5Bray=out%5D_Black_Lagoon_-_01_%5B1280x720%5D_%5BC462E2E1%5D.torrent

http://rayout-subs.net/tracker/torrents/%5Bray=out%5D_Black_Lagoon_-_01_%5B63CDE7F3%5D.torrent

I don't know anything about them, I just hope they are better than Shinsen. If anyone gives them a try, please post impressions.

Bread-sama
Fri, 04-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Their subs is better than SHS, at least in terms of translation, typesetting, editing and finally... styling. I couldn't bear the font that shinsen was using for this show, now I'm sticking with ray=out for sure, keep it up :cool:

Munsu
Sat, 04-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Saw a bit of the release, and indeed it seemed much better. At least their typesetting and styling. They also did the OP karaoke which is nice, and the encoding looks good, even though it's a hugeass file, not that I care.

Bread-sama
Sat, 04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
at least it's not 233mb (I'm sticking with the smaller resolution file :D)

Kraco
Tue, 05-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Go, go, go, brave pirates! The next ep is here:

Episode 3 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_03_%5B250F6C64%5D.avi.torrent )

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Really awesome action in this eps. You really get to see why she's called "Two Hands". You can't help but like Balalaika too.

This series is just pure action, but its done at its best and Shinsen has been releasing really high quality eps of this series.

Great way to start my morning.

I guess they are skipping the Rasta Blasta chapters and moving on the the U-boat, which exhausts the 5 chapters I was familiar with. Fresh material to me is always a good thing though.

Kraco
Tue, 05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I have to agree: It was really good action. A bit over the top, but in a positive manner. I also like how Rock didn't just instantly turn into a pirate but retains much of his old self, yet is still struggling to fit in in his own way. The realistic ruthlessness of the show is also kind of refreshing. People die when they are supposed to die and not only get beaten up.

Lucifus
Tue, 05-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Excellent episode. How many times have I fallen in love with an Anime chick now? Levis in my top 10 :D I wonder what kind of past these guys had.....
Anyway, this episode truly had alot of sweet action in it.:cool:

dragonrage
Wed, 05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
This was a wicked episode. Dutch is the man, and Levi is one badass bitch, she pwned everyone. I think she has a soft spot for Rock though.

masamuneehs
Wed, 05-10-2006, 03:02 PM
i actually was a little disappointed in some of the action in episode 3. I mean, yeah Levi kicking everyone's ass was pretty hot, but I felt it could have been alot cooler. I was also wondering how the Black Lagoon got in front of Luak's boat at the end, since Luak had been chasing them...

oh well... it's still a cool series. I love the ruthless and cut-throat nature in it, but without being 'over the top'. You can almost imagine this happening somewhere in the South Seas nowadays.

But Rock's character is progressing well and I like his interaction with the others. Levi's past should be pretty cool when it's fleshed out.

Balalaika is one evil bitch. I fear her.

Death13a
Wed, 05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
GO Russian mafia GO

btw Balalaika is russian a musical instrument

Here pic of Balalaika (http://www.russianlegacy.com/catalog/images/musical_instruments/R5886.jpg)

Deblas
Wed, 05-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Tonton introduced me to this series and I must say I’m liking it very much. Raced through the first two eps and the third is on its way.

Love the plot and action. You just can’t beat a trigger happy woman lol.

I have to say though. I feel sorry for Rock for having his life destroyed like that. From State College graduate to outlaw pirate...ouch. But then again, it might have all worked out for the better. He was such a wimp! These pirates could just be the kick he needs to develop as a stronger character and I’m greatly looking forward to that too.

So after the torpedo/chopper tactic. I’m guessing Rock will be the tactician of the Black Lagoon now?

Anyway, awesome series. Maybe I’ll check the manga too later on.

dragonrage
Wed, 05-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the Black Lagoon fan club hehehe, not really. But i am glad that you started watching it.

Lucifus
Wed, 05-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Welcome, are you in love with Levi yet? The next ep will probably be released tommorrow.:cool: I need to get a high quality version so I can make a decent render.:rolleyes:

Deblas
Thu, 05-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I was also wondering how the Black Lagoon got in front of Luak's boat at the end, since Luak had been chasing them...

I was under the impression that they started to turn while Luak was going on about his ships being destroyed. Unless I'm mistaking that movement for something else, you can notice the Lagoon finishing the turn to face Luak around 17:35 .

Welcome, are you in love with Levi yet?

lol, I would fear for my life If I ever got to date someone like Levi.

Awesome episode. Levi just keep getting more badass. No surprise about her past though. Someone who has a smirk like that everytime they're about to fire a gun must have had it rough.

Highly anticipating episode 4 and the day that I get to see Rock dressed up like Dutch.

That Aloha shirt seems to be the running gag now haha.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Man Lucifus, I start following you around and you lead me straight to gold. This show looks awesome, when this first came out I thought it wouldn't be worth it and wrote it off, but after biting the bullet and dling I am quite impressed.

Rock isn't your typical nutless loser which is great, the fact that he wasn't in denial for more than 5 minutes over his situation really made me like his charachter. Additionally his ability to go drink for drink with Levi was awesome, and even better, was his getting all tingly at the sight of Levi wrecking house. I predict that after a little more toughening up and maybe some emotional baggage handling he'll crack into those tight little shorts and give Levi a night to remember.

Kraco
Thu, 05-11-2006, 02:48 AM
So after the torpedo/chopper tactic. I’m guessing Rock will be the tactician of the Black Lagoon now?

That could happen after a while. It needs to be remembered he's still a clear rookie in the piracy business. Being a succesful tactician relies heavily on experience, as it assumes you can predict enemy/target movement with succifient accuracy. What happened with the helicopter was of course brilliant but it was still mostly foolhardy luck.

Kraco
Wed, 05-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Arr! Grab your bottles of rum and get ready for the next episode:

Episode 4 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_04_%5B12B5A707%5D.avi.torrent )

Lucifus
Wed, 05-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Fanf*ckingtastic! Downloading. Watch her when I get back, Heading out to get teh finest rum within 50 miles.:)

Kraco
Wed, 05-17-2006, 02:43 PM
An interesting episode, to say the least. Full of nazis of all varieties. Pirates and nazis - what more can you ask from life?

This is certainly an excellent series.

Apraxhren
Wed, 05-17-2006, 06:36 PM
What more can you ask for you say? How about episdoe 5 by shinsen!
http://shinsen.b33r.net/[Shinsen-Subs]_Black_Lagoon_05_[09B86546].avi.torrent

Lucifus
Wed, 05-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Is this real? Hell f*cking yea, great way to start the summer. Ep 4 wasn't that good, but I'm sure ep 5 will make up for it.:D

Kraco
Thu, 05-18-2006, 04:25 AM
Well, based on earlier episodes I thought Rock had become more like a pirate already, but it looks like it was only superficial. He's full of doubts. And when you are risking your life, having doubts is a deadly handicap. Unless he corrects his attitude, I don't see him staying aboard the pirate boat for a much longer. Fortunately the old pirates don't look like people who would suffer a half-assed pirate among them, either.

dragonrage
Fri, 05-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Just finished watching 4 and 5 . Whats up with the name change? Anyways its was nice kinda strange, i guess Rock is really having a big effect on Levi/Revy ( The badass anime hottie, you know the one).

Knives122
Sat, 05-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Revi's little story reminded me of Cowboy Bebop a little bit, it looks like this series will be really good if it keeps up like this

Apraxhren
Tue, 05-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Episode 06 released by Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/[Shinsen-Subs]_Black_Lagoon_06_[0265EA6C].avi.torrent)

Kraco
Tue, 05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Although it certainly was more ruthless this way, but I wish those neo-nazis would have had some sort of training. Now it was just a slaughter. Surely it made the point of showing in what manner of world Dutch and Revy live in, but it was lacking in excitement. Revy's last fight, with the big nazi, was quite funny, but somewhat an old joke already.

All in all it was a nice episode but not spectacular.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow, is Revy one evil crazy bitch or what? She looked completely psychotic walking down the halls real slowly, just pacing.

I kinda figured they had been hired by the same person when the idiot Nazi commander started going on about how they'd be paid and be allowed to join in the fold.

By the looks of things, Revy and Rock are going to go at it, and finally square away all this garbage.

Board of Command
Tue, 05-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Those Nazis really sucked. Most of them didn't even have guns.

And I think the scene with the big Nazi guy is a rip off of some movie. I can't remember the name but I've seen it.

kAi
Tue, 05-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Just watched episode one, and this seems to be a series that will be good until the end, well hope so anyway.
Going to watch more tonight, but the opening episode was great, it portrayed Rock well I thought, and got straight into the business with the disc and what's going on with it and stuff, wasn't slow to bring up the main point, although this looks to be a series similar to Bebop in the way that new episodes will be different missions (well not every episode).

Kraco
Wed, 05-31-2006, 02:46 AM
And I think the scene with the big Nazi guy is a rip off of some movie. I can't remember the name but I've seen it.

Make that a hundred movies...

Knives122
Wed, 05-31-2006, 08:37 AM

It's based off any movie where you've seen the one guy come up the the main character say/do a bunch of shit and then get killed. I've seen it happn billions of times

kooshi
Thu, 06-01-2006, 02:25 AM
I was hoping for the action to be much better than what it actually was, but seeing Revy's crazy side more than made up for it. Damn, her killing frenzy kinda gave me the chills. I sure as hell wouldn't want to meet her.

NeoBear
Thu, 06-01-2006, 11:28 AM
I was hoping for the action to be much better than what it actually was, but seeing Revy's crazy side more than made up for it. Damn, her killing frenzy kinda gave me the chills. I sure as hell wouldn't want to meet her.

I agree I was like its one thing for her to have crazy aim but she never got hit or even winged or anything, and she wasn’t rolling or diving just walking down the halls with her hand guns…

soulsteeler
Thu, 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I agree I was like its one thing for her to have crazy aim but she never got hit or even winged or anything, and she wasn’t rolling or diving just walking down the halls with her hand guns…

Did anyone even try to shoot her?

Anyway thanks for the heads up on this 1 I like it.

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-02-2006, 10:17 AM
just watched the three Nazi episodes, and man I'm really loving this show. The OP and ED set up and wind it down perfectly and the action and dialogue is phenomenal.

I'll agree that it'd be nice to see them do more dodging, taking cover and realistic stuff like that, but the badass factor is off the scale even when they're just killing everyone no sweat.

The flashbacks in episode 4 were done very well, a good set up.

The phone conversation was really pretty funny in parts (as was Fritz's golden gun). I like seeing a show that actually has races in it and actually gives importance to them in parts. I wonder if that organization the wheelchair guy is in will be important or not...

Besides the raw and pulling no punches dialogue I really like how tense the character interaction can be (or how casual it can be when things are good). That scene between Revy and Dutch was awesome and from the preview for episode 7 it looks like everything is going to continue going right to hell...

kAi
Sat, 06-03-2006, 03:50 AM
Awesome!
Just caught up to this and am loving this show. It's pure badass, the show, characters. It all goes so well with the 'modern day pirates' thing.

I like this Revy and Rock thing that's going on, the show just isn't all about action, it portrays these characters really well, and it feels like they are more real, and they mix it up good, as they are both from totally different worlds.
Rock and Revy are so gunna do it.

reminisc
Sun, 06-04-2006, 09:54 AM
whoaa....man i was getting chills just watching revy blowing people apart..with that mad look in her eyes...=s

'oink, oink, oink'

zomg! i'm in love!!! hahaha;)

Death13a
Sun, 06-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Black Lagoon episode 7
http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_07_%5B62595AA0%5D.avi.torrent

Yukimura
Sun, 06-04-2006, 07:12 PM
OMG so good, I don't know why but this episode was just the best thing ever! Rock is awesome, through all this shit he keeps his cool even with the gun toting, drug-running nuns and then he steps out on Revy and completely owns her in a stare down, SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Death13a
Sun, 06-04-2006, 07:26 PM
This episode had so much development for Rock and Levy. I hope some of their pasts will be reviled. I want to see through what shit did Rock when through. I think Rock won't be stuck being a pirate forever as he plans to do with his life something.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Great eps. I really like the scene at the end. I know it is supposed to be taken that way as much as possible, but the connection just seemed very tangible for some reason. Great scene, one of the best I've seen in anime in a long time. Loved the staredown, and how much he was able to unnerve her with a few words.

Loved the old nun with the eyepatch and we finally got to see where Rock can be a true asset to them. He's a Japanese businessman, they know all about schmoozing the client/customer.

Balalaika doing her own 'dirty' work was priceless too.

NeoBear
Sun, 06-04-2006, 10:27 PM
FUCK! best episode ever i was on edge the whole time i havent seen something like that animated ever.

Rocks charicter is really sold as being the mild mannered office type so to see him talk all that big shit came completely outta nowhere it was like I was sharing Revy’s reaction. I think its kind of obvious that she cares for Rock and wanted him to get outta her life not only for his sake but maybe hers as well he may be rubbing off on her kinder side which might not be something she wants.

I love this show =D

Board of Command
Mon, 06-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Great eps. I really like the scene at the end. I know it is supposed to be taken that way as much as possible, but the connection just seemed very tangible for some reason. Great scene, one of the best I've seen in anime in a long time.
I was thinking the same. That's one of the most memorable scenes I've ever seen. Heck, this whole episode is one of the best episodes in anime I've ever seen.

reminisc
Mon, 06-05-2006, 02:40 AM
bwahaha man i was wondering how rock would counter her ''what do you know about me'' line, she bought that line out a few times already but rock really got her back with it...lol

and i just love how dangerous rock looked when he was confronting Revy like he was Serious full on!! especially when he said '..'there is no cure for violent idiots..''
It was like totally different from how he looked when he was negotiating with sister yolanda, haha he almost looked sleepy there...xD

ooOoh and at the end, the scene where he shared a light with Revy, whoaaa....it looked even better then a kiss!! haha

Kraco
Mon, 06-05-2006, 04:38 AM
Major development for Rock indeed. It's kind of interesting that in his previous life he was forced just to kiss his boss' ass every day, and that pretty much defined him and his life style back then. Now he broke free of all that and the mentality required for enduring or sustaining such life. It actually started at the nuns' office, as he decided he doesn't need to play to be anything else, but he's free to use his skills.

And later at the cafe he let his feelings speak and shed all the useless habits and caution. Only then he really became Rock (the pirate), and ceased to be the Japanese businessman.

I have to agree with BoC. Judged as a lone episode, this has to be one of the best episodes ever in any series.

Damn this series for being only 12 episodes...

masamuneehs
Mon, 06-05-2006, 10:55 AM
"Right in the ass."

I love this show. It even makes a tired, pissed off failure like myself feel good (the whiskey is helping as well). Whoever writes this dialog deserves a shot at a real live-action movie

Nuns with guns. If the Japanese who came up with that idea knew that he was also making an excellent rhyme I bequeath him Spain upon my death. (Yes, I own Spain, but don't tell the cabrones in Catalan, they think they're the real deal)

8:51: That blonde nun beats Revy to the draw. Obviously she's already standing but we've never seen Revy out-gunned before.

Rock ftw! How he knew all that stuff about their import/export of illegal arms smells like a plothole though... Way to keep cool under fire though.

Rock pwning Revy was quite unexpected. When he took that punch I just thought, "Excellent nick name". Ah I really like this kind of 'tough love' interaction, so refreshing compared to the flowery shit that's in most anime.

Shinsen really was sloppy as fuck with their QC and editting this time around...

I need me a Rock signature that says "I am where I'm standing. Nowhere else."

-edit - i can tell him figuring out the bags was from being smart. But he mentioned that they were taking in more arms than simply transporting. And that was what I cant understand.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Rock knew about what the nuns were doing because he is actual observant and listens to what happens around him. He said he learned someone else was smuggling drugs from listening to Balalaika and the Russians at the Hotel, and he noticed the truck being unloaded in a rather odd way. That was enough for him to make a guess given the character of the nuns and the rest was all pure conjecture.

He's a businessman after all.

Apraxhren
Tue, 06-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Episode 8 by Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_08_%5BC0B083E7%5D.avi.torrent )

IFHTT
Tue, 06-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Wow Its just nonstop releases this week

kooshi
Tue, 06-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Episode 7 was "rock"ing. Rock absolutely shut Levy down so badly! When he first started, I was just going, "You idiot, do you want your head blown off??", but after preventing get shot, I just knew that Levy was going to lose the fight. And the last scene, haha, such an awesome shot right there. Gotta watch episode 8 ASAP.

Kraco
Tue, 06-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Hmm... A strange episode. I personally feel it might clash a bit with the generally realistic feeling of the show (although I don't know how realistic those neo-nazis were, but you could almost imagine a merry bunch like them). This episode and the next one with the "killer robot from the future" do seem dubious, though. And also otherwise this episode didn't seem to contain anything that extraordinary like the previous ones. Well, I don't say it was a bad one, but with a series this short, I would have liked them all be awesome...

Lucifus
Tue, 06-06-2006, 03:17 PM
I've gotta say Ep 7 was the best one yet in my opinion, I f*cking loved the nuns.

Rock growing some major balls was a huge plus. And Levi looking hot wielding handguns and being psychotic just put icing on the cake.

Havn't seen Ep 8 yet, but Kracos description sounds...well, strange. Ep 9's description weirds me out.:rolleyes:

Knives122
Tue, 06-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Ep 7 was pretty bitching, and then Rock just completely owns everyone. The argument the two had was pretty badass at the beginning but then it just seemed to get really boring about 1:30 min. before the cops showed up.

Still a good ep.

chobits1217
Tue, 06-06-2006, 11:09 PM
holy smoke just watched episode 8
damn i wanna see that maid without glasses!
lol the preview for episode 9 is funny, rock saying "that a killer robot from future" got me off my chair haha

Apraxhren
Tue, 06-06-2006, 11:17 PM
11:52:54 pm] [11:52:54 pm] <LoliDesu> hey man, that 'I4ve' was great... you sure do have good editors and quality checkers

[11:59:57 pm] <LoliDesu> ya'll really know how to uphold the name of 'shitzen' hah

Due to this reason, and this reason only, We'll be dropping Black Lagoon. The font coded out wrong, and we made 1 mistake. But Everyone likes to keep informing us of this mistake. So... for those people who are pissed about this happening, go to #c1anime and msg LoliDesu, and let him know he's a fag and should learn to stop being so annoying towards the people who fansub for fun, not cause they have nothing to do on a friday night.

- Vincent

Edit - his other nick is Xilo

EDIT 2: [01:13:34 am] <Xilo> Dear shinsen, i'm really sorry about what was said earlier. I know how much work goes into fansubbing, and would not want anything to happen to a series I really enjoy watching... I apologize

With This, Black Lagoon is picked back up. Please remember, we're doing this for you, negitive feed back all the time isn't what we want to hear. But for those few fans, thank you for your support.

- Vincent

Hint hint BL09 Tomm, I swearish.

Edit: Everything is all better, I was scared there for a bit.

soulsteeler
Wed, 06-07-2006, 01:05 AM
"Right in the ass."

Whoever writes this dialog deserves a shot at a real live-action movie

Jessica Alba For Revi in the movie but who for Dutch?:D

Yukimura
Thu, 06-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Live Action Black Lagoon would be awesome, but if made in America they would probobly fuck it up. Anyway, I can't think of anyone with Dutch's combination of rippedness and skininess. LL Cool is ripped enough, but he's too massive...and not dark enough. Maybe Wesley Snipes could do it though, but he'd have to have a major attitude change. Denzel Washington could definately be Dutch if he bulked up...I vote Denzel

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I wasn't overly impressed with 8. The maid seems pretty badass but they just hyped her up so much and then the episode just ended. And she uses a frigging umbrella-gun? I really don't think that's going to raise her cool factor at all for me... I'm still hoping she tears shit up next time.

what did surprise me was how easily Rock accepted the fact that they were just 'transporting' this poor little kid. Even if he is a snot-nosed brat he's a kid and that would strike a nerve with me... Shows how far he's gotten from his old self if he really doesn't give two shits what happens to the kid.

As for live action Black Lagoon there is only one man who could play Dutch: Samuel L. Jackson.

i really like to think that Shinsen was joking with that 'omg we got bitched at by a dumb anime retard we're going to pretend to drop Black Lagoon until we get an apology'. I appreciate all they do and how quick and relatively well they release, but that really is just overreacting.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Its not like Rock wanted to transport the child, its just that its a job they took and he had to deliver. I actually like how he reacted, not as cold as revy and the others were, yet not like a softy as one would expect.

Apraxhren
Sun, 06-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Episode 9 from Shinsen. (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_09_%5BD956B35A%5D.avi.torrent ) Only a few more episodes left:(

Death13a
Mon, 06-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Killer robot from future!!! that discription fits the maid pirfectly. It was true hommage to Terminator 1-2

kAi
Mon, 06-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah, so terminatior-ish, but how the fuck did she get the car on the roof? seriously, I thought that was stupid. She really is a damn robot, she doesn't feel anything.

We also get to know something else, that Dutch helped out Scarface in the past, probably saved her life or something.

Cabewse
Mon, 06-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Holy shit Roberta is scarry...

Yukimura
Mon, 06-12-2006, 02:57 AM
OMG i'm scared to go to sleep now! That crazy bitch might come after me! Awesome episode, but it sucks that there are only 3 left. Next ep looks even better, flashbacks, Balilaika, bloody chick fights, Balilaika, carnage, Balilaika, and of course Revy!!!!!

Kraco
Mon, 06-12-2006, 08:50 AM
It was certainly one helluva episode. Nonstop action. And the Terminator reference was spot on, to say the least. Much better than the previous episode.

Knives122
Mon, 06-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Roberta is definately the crazy psycho bitch of the year, the type of person you don't want to meet in a dark ally.

One thing bothered me though, how come when Dutch was getting pulled out of the car he didn't just take the gun out of his hand and shoot her in the arm? Seemed like the plausible thing to do.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I liked the Terminator 2 rip off they used at the end.

mage
Mon, 06-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Just started watching this series, on episode 8 now. Good shit.

Cloud 9
Mon, 06-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Just started watching this series yesterday, caught up at episode 9 now. This series is really good, I wish it were longer though. :( The Terminator reference was funny, but.. I kind of thought it was stupid how powerful and invulnerable she was. Kind of took away from it all for me. Other than that, great episode.

mage
Mon, 06-12-2006, 10:08 PM
The scene where she took that knife out and used it to climb onto the trunk was a blantant rip of a scene from Terminator 2, lol (.. I think, maybe it was 1). What is this bullshit? She flew a car into a building upside down and comes out totally unscathed? I don't think so.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-12-2006, 10:46 PM
It was from Terminator 2.

The thing I'm wondering about is how she drove her car onto the rooftops of those houses.

Knives122
Mon, 06-12-2006, 11:09 PM
the benz was supposedly the batmobile........besides if she can break the back window and not break her hand she can do anything apparently

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Black Lagoon OP - Red fraction [MELL] (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Black%20Lagoon%20OP%20Single%20-%20Red%20fraction%20%5BMELL%5D.zip.torrent)

After looking at the lyrics that come in the booklet, I don't blame Shinsen for not trying to translate the opening and add karaoke. It sounds great and the lyrics fit the song, but the english is so mangled I still am having trouble matching the words to the song. I'm pretty happy with the clean look anyway. I'm hoping they don't add some in now.

soulsteeler
Tue, 06-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Man I was so far off on the lyrics:confused: . I still think it's" I just want to bang you", not "I just want to feel you".

Lucifus
Wed, 06-14-2006, 10:05 PM
I havn't posted in a while, But after seeing this episode, I just had to comment.

I enjoyed every f*king minute of this ep! xD I f*cking love the maid! I don't care if it was a rip off, this was teh best episode of Black Lagoon ever! :D

DarthEnderX
Wed, 06-21-2006, 03:27 AM
Been watching this for awhile, really enjoying it. Only 3 episodes left? Man, that sucks. They don't even get the usual 13.

Lucifus
Sat, 06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that this series is ending too??? God!
So they're only 12 episodes? This sucks.....Now what am I gonna watch for the rest of the summer....:confused:

Board of Command
Sun, 06-25-2006, 12:01 AM
So they're only 12 episodes? This sucks.....Now what am I gonna watch for the rest of the summer....:confused:
Blood+ fits the bill, if you're not currently following it.

Lucifus
Sun, 06-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Blood+? Heard of it, never seen an ep. I'll try it out, I think i'll be watching Nana, Tokko, Hunter X Hunter, and Blood+. I need more!:D

mage
Sun, 06-25-2006, 01:27 AM
you might be able to watch black lagoon all summer at the rate shinsen is releasing them

Lucifus
Mon, 07-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Ftw! Has shinsen Dropped this series or something?:(

I want to see Levi and the Maid go at it...................

Board of Command
Mon, 07-17-2006, 08:22 PM
No, they're just really really slow. They're taking one of their "breaks", like what they've been doing with Noein.

Apraxhren
Wed, 07-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Well good news in that they are planning a season two of Black Lagoon. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9209

Now if only we could finish watching the first season.;)

Lucifus
Wed, 07-19-2006, 11:30 PM
O Hell Yea! 2nd season of Black Lagoon. You just made my day.:D
But ya...its ridiculous that such a good series is still on hold.:(

Enderz
Sun, 07-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Looks like a good anime, think ill start w/ it.
i will watch the serie at youtube so i can catch up with u guys

mage
Sun, 07-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Why don't you just download the episodes from shinsen?

Lucifus
Mon, 07-24-2006, 01:51 AM
My god......at this rate the spanish subs will catch up faster. I took German..:(

Enderz
Mon, 07-24-2006, 04:13 AM
Why don't you just download the episodes from shinsen?

nah wanna catch up fast and i like to see many anime episodes after eachother (with chips and coke:D )

kAi
Mon, 07-24-2006, 04:55 AM
lol Lucifus.

Yeah it's been a while for a release, but hearing about a season two is awesome news.

Apraxhren
Tue, 07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Episode 10 by Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_10_%5BDB3017D8%5D.avi.torrent )

Aeon
Tue, 07-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Finally the conclusion of Revy vs Super Maid.

mage
Wed, 07-26-2006, 05:11 PM
How was Revy able to have a fist fight, let alone throw a punch, after getting shot in the shoulder?

Death13a
Wed, 07-26-2006, 05:22 PM
ever heard about adrenalin and rage ( they both do miracles) that how!

mage
Wed, 07-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Even if she's pumped on adrenalin, her arm should not be physically able to do that.

Yukimura
Wed, 07-26-2006, 08:18 PM
mage is kinda right (god that looks awful when I read it) but I doubt Revy cares about pain or blood loss that much.

I see Revy's wound as an out for die hard fans (like me), who can say Revy's punch might have kept Roberta down if she wasn't injured. Though if the bitch can survive being thrown of a car, into a steel cargo container, at very high speed...maybe she really is indestructable.

Darknodin
Wed, 07-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Look, you guys... I've come to the conclusion that Roberta AND Revy are robots! see the link... Roberta, Rebecca, Robot???

I don't understand why the Mafia got involved though. why is it in their advantages for them to make peace? maybe Revy is that valuable that they don't want to take chances?

Aiham
Thu, 07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Well she did say she owed one to Dutch. And if Revy is alive, then Black Lagoon can keep going and Dutch is happy. No?

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Well, Balalaika was trying to rid herself of that Cartel, that Roberta took care of for her. We also know that the Lagoon crew is of considerable worth to her, since she's quite cordial to them and uses them all the time. She didn't want "Two Hands" wasted (not in the, *splat splat* sense necessarily) and more importantly, I think she didn't want to start shit with Roberta because she might run the risk of losing some of her men.

Lastly, excepting the nuns and a couple other small fry, it's her city. No self-respecting crime boss wants it known that she isn't capable of completely controlling her territory. No need to attract undue attention.

Death13a
Fri, 07-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Black Lagoon Ep 11&12 by Your-Mom
Black Lagoon 11 (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BYour-Mom%5D%20Black%20Lagoon%20-%2011%20%5B45C8566D%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash=6eb55 3619766c18eb8882fdaa9784ca332f1892d)

Black Lagoon 12 (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BYour-Mom%5D%20Black%20Lagoon%20-%2012%20%5B824222E1%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash=77142 ec5951e015da4bf3fddb0ac55af842e4260)

Lucifus
Fri, 07-28-2006, 07:35 PM
:D Your-Moms been doing some of my favorite anime latly. Nice. Downloading em both.Oh ya, and ep 10 ruled.

soulsteeler
Fri, 07-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks Death 13a, been waiting and waiting.

kAi
Fri, 07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Episode 10 talk.
Well, that was a good conclusion to their fight, having the fist fight all out, it was predictable that it was going to be a double KO, but Roberta was still conscious which I didn't like, and Revy just fell asleep, which is her way of doing things anyway.

I like how Rock went over there to try and stop them, they're like "Get the fuck outta this!"

I think I might wait for Shinsen, I don't like when a group comes in and does like the last episode and that's it, unless there has been a BIG gap, between the last release and the now, but I don't think there has been, and Shinsen have put in the effort and gone all the way.

Yukimura
Sat, 07-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Sigh, Your-Mom should just change it's name to Quick-Shitty subs (good raw though). I can barely unerstand most of the dialouge from ep 11 b/c it has been edited by a monkey. I don't know much about encoding, but I know that the better groups I've seen won't have subtitles non-existant if you jump to a point where they're already supposed to have appeared. I am too tired to watch 12 so I'll bitch about that one later.

However I do respect them for at least putting the Kareoke in (it's available via simple google search, though I have no idea how anyone figured it out)

Darknodin
Sun, 07-30-2006, 06:14 AM
I don't know much about encoding, but I know that the better groups I've seen won't have subtitles non-existant if you jump to a point where they're already supposed to have appeared. I am too tired to watch 12 so I'll bitch about that one later.
)

I dunno... me it always does that when its the VLC embedded sub engine. but yea... they have tags... some phrases dissappear in half a second... but the raw was HD...

seanos
Fri, 08-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Shinsen's Episode 11 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_11_%5B39055D97%5D.avi.torrent )

Board of Command
Sun, 08-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Ep 11 had a movie feeling to it mainly due to the extensive amount of travelling the team did.

mage
Mon, 08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Anyone know how long until the 2nd season of BL starts?

Apraxhren
Thu, 08-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Black Lagoon #12 by Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_12_%5B55980222%5D.avi.torrent )

Now to just wait for season 2

seanos
Thu, 08-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Haha, an excellent episode.
I have feeling we'll be seeing the 'Enemy of the State' again ... could turn into something interesting.
Some great scenes in this episode - begining of the car chase & second-last scene from where Revy 'revealed' the document.
Looking forward to S2 now...

Death13a
Thu, 08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I laughed so hard during chase and "yes it is"lady speaches. It sure is one of the best of no major plot anime ever.

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-17-2006, 10:29 PM
The Chinese Knife weilder was great, as stereotypical as possible, rivaling even Jam Kuradoberi.

Revy, as always, fun to watch. I really liked the reference to her childhood in New York right at the end. A good question for the next season.

Great way to end this season, leaving it open enough and leaving me satisfied.

Kraco
Fri, 08-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Aye. The blade master was indeed an excellent character. Just hearing her talking was joyful - even though I don't know Japanese, it was evident what manner of Japanese she was talking... And the tricks with the sword were quite exuberant.

But it looks like Rock wasn't quite as much as home among the pirates as he thought he was. Or rather it seems he earlier accepted his new life and way, but now realised he doesn't actually posses all the practical means required by that life. Still, noticing that fact hopefully means he can make himself a better practical pirate...

TruthofMistake
Fri, 08-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Mmm, I finally got around to watching 12 and man was it kickass. This is probably one of my all time favorite shows now. I can't wait for the next season its going to be soo good >.<.

Aeon
Fri, 08-18-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm now going to further comment on how awesome the knife girl was. Seeing her take out multiple cars at once was great. Black Lagoon does a great job of showing female characters in power.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-18-2006, 11:14 PM
They're in power because all the women are psychos you don't want to mess with.
Let's have a quick review:

-Revy: I think all I need to refer to is, "buu, buu, buu." (ref. eps 6).
-Sister Eda: Nun who can out-draw Revy by the looks of it.
-Shenhua: Cutting the heads off thee-four people from a moving vehicle.
-Roberta: The T2 female clone. Little else to be said
and lastly my favorite,
-Balalaika: It takes a lot for a person to lead a Russian style Mafia, from casually torturing and later executing people who cross her, detonating bombs on the street, but still to be mildly disgusted at editing pornography because she forgot to make someone else do it, that takes class.

dragonrage
Sat, 08-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Is it just finished catching up with Black Lagoon. Is is me or did Revy get hotter and even more badass.

And it is in people she has a thing for Rock. Nice match.

Can't wait to see what season two looks like..

The "yes it is" lady looks awsome too by the way. I just enjoy the driver. Kinda reminds me of my Uncle, boy did he ever love drinking and drving fast. Those are some memories that will stay with me forever. I am glad that he gave up drinking now though.

Gotta love the irsh. Stone pissing drunk and they are cool Excepting Deadfire, he is just gay. :p

Kraco
Sat, 08-19-2006, 05:36 PM

That could be one of the most interesting pairs in the anime history. I hope the second season will develop things that way.

Darknodin
Sun, 08-20-2006, 07:30 AM
I have a question... Is S2 confirmed? when was this announced?

Board of Command
Mon, 08-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Season 2 is confirmed. You needn't worry about the source.

kAi
Tue, 08-22-2006, 04:00 AM
Well not much I can say, everybody else seems to have said it. This was an awesome series, and I can't wait for a season 2. It's just pure badass!

That could be one of the most interesting pairs in the anime history. I hope the second season will develop things that way.

Yeah, I said this in here earlier when I first watched this, I always had the feeling they would get together.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, if anyone still isn't convinced about Season 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXC_k6XTwiw

Found this link on another forum. It looks like season 2 will be even more violent than ever. More Balalaika too.

Munsu
Fri, 08-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Alright, we saw it here first, the return of the incestual twins from Shakugan no Shana.

Knives122
Fri, 08-25-2006, 08:03 PM
And....is this a bad thing? I mean that girl did have a pretty good gun.

Death13a
Fri, 08-25-2006, 09:35 PM
YEY PSICO CHILDREN just what first season was missing.

Board of Command
Fri, 08-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Nothing more fitting than young children and axes.

Lucifus
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Holy f*cking shyt! :D Need I say more? =D Nice!

kooshi
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Woot, 2nd season looks awesome! Seems like there'll be more action than the 1st season.

mage
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:34 AM
fucking little kids with axes? it would be cool if they just chopped up their parents or something, but kids being invincible killing machines is just gay.

kAi
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Damn, that promo looks pretty crazy, can't wait till this is out.

Darknodin
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm still not convinced... this is probably fan-made ;)

Seriously... can't wait! more murder!

.noname.silent
Sat, 08-26-2006, 08:41 PM
look like more of a movie than the 2nd season, but eh, the proof was on the television.

Aeon
Sun, 08-27-2006, 12:03 PM
That commercial looked awesome, that little girl looks like she's gonna give Revy a run for her money. Maybe even worse then the terminator chick.

Munsu
Wed, 09-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Episode 1 by Shinsen from a DVD source, hopefully this group actually releases the whole series from a DVD source, and doesn't stop like all others after releasing one episode:
http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_01_%5BDVD%5D%5BH264.VORBIS%5D %5BE328A293%5D.mkv.torrent

Harima Kenji
Wed, 09-13-2006, 04:16 PM
And here's ep 2:
Clicky (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_02_%5BDVD%5D%5BH264.VORBIS%5D %5B65287144%5D.mkv.torrent)

kAi
Tue, 10-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Episode 13 Raw for the start of the second season.
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - 13 [RAW] (http://upload.deadfrog.us/BLACK%20LAGOON%20The%20Second%20Barrage%20%2313%20 The%20Vampire%20Twins%20Comen%20%28divx625%29%20%2 8vx19xKN7ln%29.avi.torrent)

mage
Wed, 10-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Crazy episode. Any word on what groups are subbing this? Shinsen I assume?

Apraxhren
Thu, 10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
The long awaited Episode 13 by Shinsen. (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_13_%5B8A96AA86%5D.avi.torrent )

Board of Command
Thu, 10-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Awesome, but the filesize is less than spectacular. Hope that doesn't compromise quality.

Death13a
Thu, 10-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Such cute little twins who are shooting, hacking, stuffing needles in head to make body twitch, let not forget about drinking blood. Next episode Bloodsport Fairlytale with rain of blood and bullets.

Whops sorry messed up mind was playing tricks (missing that nice couple) :o

kAi
Thu, 10-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, quality did seem a little down.

Nice episode, and those little brats are insane, no feelings what-so-ever after killing and tearing apart among other things the enemies.

A nice way to start season two off, ah it's good that this series came back so soon.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-05-2006, 07:56 PM
They said "the Chinese from the Lagoon Company" which is Revy, who is also Chinese (Chinese-American I think she's supposed to be), so it won't be "Yes it is" Lady, unfortunately.

I thought the Incest Twins from Shana were creepy, but when one of these is played by Tomoko Kaneda, who sounds exactly like she did when she played Chiyo in Azumanga, it's much, much, creepier. *shivers*

Glad it's back though. I think it's just the raw they got. Maybe they're release HD eps like they do for Chevalier.

kooshi
Thu, 10-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Ahhh, a good way to start off a new season. But still, DAMN, those twins creeped the hell out of me, and that does not happen very easily.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Fri, 10-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Ahhh, a good way to start off a new season. But still, DAMN, those twins creeped the hell out of me, and that does not happen very easily.

personally i thought they were hillarious, but i browse 4chan so im a little desensitized. :p

Kraco
Fri, 10-06-2006, 06:36 AM
Aye, quite a macabre start for the second season. Quite succesful so far. Although it's a bit too early to say how succesful as a whole because nothing was concluded. The bar massacre scene did unfortunately show already some signs of artificially making the kids overpowerful, and I only hope it won't continue in the next episode and they will kill their future enemies only by surprise (and then be killed themselves, as they should be in the real world). Still, their portrayal as totally twisted beings was very powerful and complete.

It was nice to see how Revy likes to casually hang out with Rock... I hope their relationship develops further and is not reset. Such a funny couple.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Nice to see they brought back that nun from many episodes ago. Hopefully she'll have a bigger role this time around.

Darknodin
Sat, 10-07-2006, 06:07 PM
This series was never rooted in reality. The twins are actually like the the previous enemies... just creepier...

Oh and i wanna go on record saying... I want kids like that!

Board of Command
Sat, 10-07-2006, 06:32 PM
I shall refrain from making a phedophilic comment.

Darknodin
Sat, 10-07-2006, 06:54 PM
I shall refrain from making a phedophilic comment.
not that... the murderous and vampire and torture parts...

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
*has only just know finished season 1 of Black Lagoon*

this show is made of win! Revy may be the sexiest "mean bitch" gunslinging girl in anime history. Inspector Runge is the fucking man. And they keep throwing in these crazy side characters like maids, Ms. "Yes it is" (did you see her cut those guys on the Jeeps in half?!), Nazis, "The Triad is cool", and the strung out Irish getaway driver.

"Jimmy Hendrix is calling me! He's calling me! He's telling me to defeat the Klingons! Picard sama!!!" The writer for this anime is fucking hilarious.

And now it is off to watch the 1st of season 2! But before i inhale this scrumptilessient anime treat, I think it only proper to say grace. "Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter."

Church
Sun, 10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Just finished the 1st season, I loved it! Too bad Revy has to use dual Berettas, dual SIG P226 FTW! Or Colt M1911A1. But that's just me.

Just saw the promo, downloading the first ep now; the little girl kind of reminds me of GSG...

Lucifus
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Black Lagoon can use anything already in the book and turn it into gold. Revy f*cking ownz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-08-2006, 10:29 PM
more incestual kids. They keep abusing that and it's going to go right up there on the big board of "Stereotypical Anime Archtypes"... maybe it's already reached that point? But man, what a sick and twisted character base those two are... There is no backstory that can explain anything so wicked...

Eda, the blonde nun, is frickin awesome. She's the only person I can recall who straight-up outdid Revy. And man does she look better without that habit on.

"bloodsport fairytale" is the next episode. I think even i'm gonna be sick...

Church
Sun, 10-08-2006, 11:02 PM
I just watched the 13th ep, I've got a few points.
I like how they kept it like it was still the same series with no gaps instead of a sequel, same old OP ED.
BAR! It's been ages since I've seen one in an anime, last time was in FMA! That makes me happy.
And that little girl definately reminded me of Rico...

darkmetal505
Fri, 10-13-2006, 09:28 PM
The incestual bro and sis remind me from the ones in Shakugan no Shana, except more gruesome.

This show is great, probably because of the character designs.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Just finished the 1st season, I loved it! Too bad Revy has to use dual Berettas, dual SIG P226 FTW! Or Colt M1911A1. But that's just me.

Just saw the promo, downloading the first ep now; the little girl kind of reminds me of GSG...
Dual 5-7 for armor piercing goodness.

seanos
Sun, 10-15-2006, 05:07 AM
Episode 14 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_14_%5B43668F2F%5D.avi.torrent )

Yukimura
Sun, 10-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Nice ep. Those twins are pretty good but It looks like Hotel Moscow is just plain better, though Revy and Eda seem to have thrown a wrench in their plans. I just hope the preview scene with Revy and the one of the twins in the hold of the ship doesn't mean she'll let them go or something dumb like that.

Kraco
Sun, 10-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Indeed. Hotel Moscow returning the favor and throwing a wrench in Revy and Eda's plans might be the only way the twins could ever hope to survive against those two. It has seemed to me the twins have survived so far not only because of their skills but because their enemies have been less than stellar.

I also hope the twins will die in the next ep. They were interesting, if creepy, characters but surely they should have run out of luck a long time ago. Especially with Balalaika and Revy against them.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I got the impression from the preview that one of the twins had already been captured/killed by the time the scene with Revy. More importantly, the one accuses Revy of being just the same as they are, which from what little we do know about Revy, is probably pretty close to true. With luck, we'll get some more background on Revy.

Either way, Balalaika is real scary. She's herding them exactly where she wanted, until the two "uneducated whores" interrupted. I wouldn't have been surprised if the twins would have ended up right at the fountain she's sitting on.

Could anyone honestly say they didn't expect Revy and Eda to say "We'll take it all...and their lives" ?

Lucifus
Sun, 10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
All I've got to say.....Black Lagoon ownz.......................:cool:
Uneducated whores all around!!

Church
Sun, 10-15-2006, 07:48 PM
wow... just wow... I'm loving this more and more.

The BAR's rate of fire is a bit too high though, and what gun is Chang using? From the slide action it looks like the Desert Eagle, he's good to be controlling that thing, then again, if the little girl can control a BAR... that's not that amazing.

Btw, Revy is Chinese?

Aeon
Sun, 10-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Finally got around to watching the latest two eps. Once it started I remembered why I liked this show which doesn't seem to have an over all plot, it's just too darn good.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Revy is supposedly at the very least half-Chinese according to the anime. They also have made the point that she grew up in an American city somewhere.

I'm hoping the next eps can possibly elaborate on her past.

Church
Sun, 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, she didn't seem too Chinese to me, and since she grew up in America I just thuoght she was American...
And the fact that her "English" is good, well, compared to the "yes it is" lady at least...

Death13a
Mon, 10-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Man Balalaika is freaking scary. Once she starts something she will squash anything that occupys space infront of her.

chobits1217
Tue, 10-17-2006, 02:03 AM
i think Revy is America born Chinese (ABC~?) mentioned in the manga i think

the gun Chang uses is Beretta M76
here is a link that explains it....but it in chinese ahhaha
the one at bottom right
http://jump.ggyy8.com/Html/H/BlackLagoon/2006-7/4/122139145_95.html

Kraco
Mon, 10-23-2006, 09:43 AM
The end of the twins of terror draws near. Possibly.

Episode 15 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_15_%5B87EC44AC%5D.avi.torrent )

Edit: Damn... This was a far better ending to this arc than I had anticipated. All things considered, I thought it would be more violent and especially messy. But it was, in the end, very artistic for both of them. Excellent script writing. Well, next week it'll be a different story, then.

Zati
Mon, 10-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Bakakozou & Conclave seem to be starting on this.

Episode 13

h264

http://conclave.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakakozou_%26_Conclave%5D_Black_Lagoon_The_Seco nd_Barrage_-_01_%5BH264%5D%5B5E31DE34%5D.mkv.torrent

Lucifus
Mon, 10-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Snap, that episode was fing amazing. Each ep I'm reminded why I love Black Lagoon so wevy much.:cool:

iLoveHotCoCo
Mon, 10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
This was a very good arc. I think the twins are one of my favorite villains, they're so disturbing and malevolent.. I love it! Kinda felt sorry for them though. Oh wells.. Anyways looks like were gunna get some more Eda and Revy interaction which is always a good thing.. I <3 Eda shes my idol =]

Honoko
Mon, 10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I watched all 13 eps in practically one shot and thought it was just a pretty good series. I had really appreciated the "realism" of the storyline, loved how nobody trusts each and yet still see this weird dependence for each others' existences.

Now with this arc, it finally put the cap as one of my favorite series so far. I can only hope that the future storylines keep in the spirit of the previous ones.

Munsu
Mon, 10-23-2006, 08:46 PM
I wonder what Rock saw under the skirt that had him all freaked out. An hemaphrodite maybe?

darkmetal505
Mon, 10-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Well I don't know where the two of them would get operations like that. They were porn stars, so I'm assuming one was a boy and one was a girl. Maybe Rock just freaked out because she was offering him some kid booty.

Lucifus
Mon, 10-23-2006, 09:08 PM
I thought what he said. People, we must spread the word of Black Lagoon. The series own, yet we're missing something....

Deblas,xDM,Carnage,Jadugar,KK,ChaosKiddo,BioAlien, Ryllharu,Terra(Imagine what he'd say to this series...) and a whole bunch of other reaallly unimportant and annoying GW members.(j/k You know we love you)

Aeon
Mon, 10-23-2006, 09:44 PM
I wonder what Rock saw under the skirt that had him all freaked out. An hemaphrodite maybe?

I think it was because it was the boy and all that time he thought it was the girl. I don't remember them ever reswitching clothes after they decided to go after Hotel Mascow

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, some jackass in another forum spoiled the whole eps for me after he had watched the raw, so I've been pretty pissed about the whole thing and waited a while before I watched the eps. If I have anything to say about the series, you'll hear it.

EDIT: My god, Balalaika is one cool-headed leader. I figured it would end that way since we first saw her sitting on the fountain in the last eps, but I never thought she'd do it so calmly.

chobits1217
Mon, 10-23-2006, 11:23 PM
i watched the preview, looks like the new arc is about the counterfeit money which is not finished yet in the manga.

just out of curious, how many here have seen the manga??

i have read it and rather disappointed that they are skipping a long and quite important arc that happened between the Twins --- counterfeit money.
been waiting to see it ever since i read the manga....but now it gone:mad:

kAi
Tue, 10-24-2006, 12:16 AM
I just finished watching episode 14 and 15, and they were great episodes. The twins were good and Balalaika was even better, planning so far ahead and making them follow a certain direction all the way through, until Revy and Eda showed up. The ending of the arc was well done, and set out nicely, clean and simple.

You wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Hotel Moscow, they seem to always get the job done. Chang is also very good, but his people aren't as good as Balalaika's, he seems to be the only good person on his team, I thought we would see more of him though.

I haven't read the manga yet, it's on my to read list, which is quite big, but I might get around to it, as there isn't much out at the moment and I have it already.

kooshi
Tue, 10-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Episode 15 was absolutely a fantastic way of ending the arc. Revy was definitely smart on not going against Hotel Moscow, haha. Man, she and Eda would've been so screwed if they continued ^^ Balalaika kicks so much ass, haha.
To be honest, I didn't expect the last twin to actually die at the end. However, it was a great way of showing some of HM's power.
Bring on the next arc!

Yukimura
Tue, 10-24-2006, 12:36 AM
@chobits You never know, they could end up sticking it in later somehow.

As to ep 15, even though it really couldn't have gone any other way I was quite shocked by the final outcome, mainly b/c it came out of nowhere. Also the transfer of the girl from Eda to the Black Lagoon company was not addressed at all which seemed a bit strange.

All in all this arc has shown me that Balalaika still deserves my favorite charachter vote and that Eda should move up a few notches in my book for her skills at comic relief. I would love to see another situation with Revy and Eda trying to work togeather on something, especially with no one else (Rock) around to interfere with their antics.

Kraco
Tue, 10-24-2006, 02:02 AM

I thought that particular kid was the brother, but he had possibly some self-performed surgery to make him closer to the sister. That was the only explanation I could come up with to explain why Rock freaked out so badly. If everything had been alright down there, I doubt he would have run out of the room looking so nauseated.

Bung
Tue, 10-24-2006, 10:55 PM
If everything had been alright down there, I doubt he would have run out of the room looking so nauseated.

Uhm, I kinda doubt that, Rock isnt a pedo like some of us. Whatever was down there, I think he was sickened at how twisted the kid was mentally =/

Kraco
Wed, 10-25-2006, 02:21 AM
And I doubt that. Well, perhaps it's a possibility, if Rock was quite weak or if that was the last straw. However, he's not that weak, and he should have already known how those kids were used in the past, so it wouldn't have been a surprise anymore. I think it's also quite strange to say that if a kid starts to undress like that, all but pedophiles would run out of the room... That wouldn't help anybody. I seriously think if it had been normal, Rock would have just stopped the kid.

And there's also one other fact, and I indeed say fact: Those two, brother and sister, wanted to remain as similar as possible, and that wouldn't have been possible for a very long time anymore, if the brother hadn't done some changes down there, that is, castration. Well, obviously it could have been done by the original capturers already.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-25-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm with Kraco on this one. It's probably some form of self-mutilation down there. Rock is a lot tougher mentally than he looks and it would take some really freaky stuff to make him run.

Also, the way Balalaika killed the "brother" was very well done. That's as cold-blooded as it gets and was definitely one of the most powerful scenes in the series (including season 1).

Bung
Mon, 10-30-2006, 03:12 AM
Also, the way Balalaika killed the "brother" ...

I meant to ask, when the "brother" is dying, I forgot what he was repeating, probably "kill" but it ssounds like the sister for one or two of them. And then on the boat, the girls -wig?- comes off, and it looks like the brother. sorry for not reading up if this was covered, but was it the brother or sister killed?

Board of Command
Mon, 10-30-2006, 04:11 PM
They're two of the "same" person, with interchangeable personalities. In the previous episode we see the brother and sister switching clothes.

We don't really know who they were originally, but I think the one on the boat is the real brother because whatever's in his pants really scared Rock. An educated guess would be that the brother cut it off to become the same as the sister. It's always easier to take something off than to add something on.

Kraco
Tue, 10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
The rule of pirates is long and prosperous:

Episode 16 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_16_%5B504889CF%5D.avi.torrent )

Edit: Things seem to be back to somewhat normal after the twins incident. But I have to say the church and its nuns rock, though! There also were slight indications the series itself recognizes Revy and Rock should be a pair. That was good and hopefully it'll be taken further forward.

Ryllharu
Tue, 10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
I know there were some complaints that the Vampire Twins part was considerably shortened from the manga, but I can absolutely see why they did it, and happily agree to the change.

It's seems pretty clear that this arc will be Revy (and Lagoon) along with the Church of Violence against the Lobos (for lack of a better group term since they seem to be from many different factions) and the Cowboy. I can see this arc running at least 4 episodes just to feature most of the Lobos alone.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-31-2006, 06:52 PM
This is info is from wikipedia so trust it at your own peril, but apparently there are two more arcs left, the current one and ARCX, whose name i changed so as not to hear spoiler complaints. The current arc is supposed to run for the net two eps and the rest are apparently dedicated to ARCX, which according to the volume summary of the manga runs a long time anyway.

kAi
Tue, 10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Another great episode, I like how the cowboy is one step behind everyone else, he can in thinking he was the shit. So many people for this job, it will be good to see who are the better ones out of the hunters, and to see if Eda's plan will actually work. These Revy and Eda team-ups are good, always bickering at each other.

It was good to see the talks of Revy about Rock, and have you fucked him yet. These two will be having sex by the end. I said that at like episode one, it's going to happen!

The people of this church are awesome, and I like how they like money and know its importance. Reminds me of a 'church' here (Hill$ong).

Kraco
Tue, 11-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Closing his/her eyes for a second is all it takes for a pirate:

Episode 17 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_17_%5B7625293D%5D.avi.torrent )

Edit: A nice episode. Some of the best gun fighting in the whole series. Even a minigun and a 40mm revolver grenade launcher were included, not to mention the usual flame thrower and every Doom fanboy's chain saw... An impressive variety of extra weapons to supplement the traditional pistol / rifle / assault rifle fare.

kooshi
Tue, 11-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Certainly a kickass episode. Like Kraco said, it was awesome how they used different weapons than the ones we've been usually seeing.
I also like how Rock is getting better at handling these kinds of situations. He probably would've been killed immediately against that chainsaw girl if this happened in the first season. His development as a criminal is certainly getting better.

iLoveHotCoCo
Tue, 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Lots of very good action. Revy and Eda make such a good team anyone who goes against them is just crazy.. I hope they don't kill Shenhua the "Yes it is" lady, she's always fun to have around even though her voice is kinda annoying.

Oh yea the graffiti thing made me giggle inside.. Eda is so cool =]

Yukimura
Tue, 11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
While this epiisode was very awesome...wtf is the Lagoon Company going to do if they're building burns down!

Also Shenhoa is likely not dead, mainly b/c of where she was when it zoomed in on her, it looked like Eda shoe a bit late, but even if I'm wrong I'm sure they found a way for her to get a knife in the way or something so she doesn't die.

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Wow, Eda is evil. "It worked 4 out of 7 times!" 5 out of 8 now, but still, that's one of the meanest things we've seen so far in this series. Save someone ---> ???? ---> Profit. Now we know what the missing middle is, tell the hunters nearly where they are, and offer your services when the target comes running.

I agree that Shenua probably didn't get killed, she's too interesting for them to kill off so easy. But we do know how good Eda is, so I do think she got hit. Their dock and warehouse got burned down, but their offices are still near the market in Roanapur. I liked Shenua's speech to the Lobos Cowboy. The Lobos really don't have any idea who they've hired and who they are attacking.

Honoko
Tue, 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
I find it quite ironic there's still a shred of "decency" left in some of the characters. Why not just kill the stupid girl and take the bag?

Lucifus
Tue, 11-07-2006, 10:50 PM
HaHa at above.:D Christ Black Lagoon ownz.
This episode was pwnage.

Gonna rewatch it now before I go to bed.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-07-2006, 10:50 PM
That just wouldn't be fun for Eda and Revy

Kraco
Wed, 11-08-2006, 02:25 AM
What does the bag actually contain? The plates to manufacture notes? I might not be remembering correctly the scenes in the past, but perhaps the girl doesn't actually have anything with her that would be instantly worth robbing, not enough hard cash anyway. It could be that even if they robbed the plates, they would still actually need the expertice as well to be able to use them for anything. And that's why they would rather get money, one way or another, than just rob the girl.

Honoko
Wed, 11-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I was under the impression those plates were high quality and even if you had them and didn't know how to use them, couldn't you just sell them for a very high price?

Of course, my idea would totally kill this arc. But it's fun to point out what concessions a storyteller would make for the sake of a good plot or character development :p

kAi
Wed, 11-08-2006, 09:11 AM
This girl is so annoying and they're in love with her panties.

Revy and Eda are such a cool combination, Eda had everything planned out, until they got to the wharf, heh. It's going to be good to see how things are carried out from here.

More Revy action saying "Are you OK Rock!?"

Also, with the cowboy when I first seen this guy, I thought he was going to be someone that would be some body in this time, not a complete idiot who doesn't know what he's dealing with. He certainly has come into the wrong place for his antics. It was good to see when everyone said they wanted the money up of because who has her.

Munsu
Wed, 11-08-2006, 09:11 AM
They do want the plates, but Black Lagoon is in the service of transporting and protecting goods... If they simply started stealing from their clients then that would be the end of their company.

Board of Command
Wed, 11-08-2006, 10:17 PM
I liked the storage room scene with the girl on her laptop. "192"..."168"...:D Anyone that has worked with consumer routers should be VERY familiar with those numbers.

mage
Wed, 11-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Shenhua is most likely not dead since she was smiling during the freeze-frame of her. She probably has something up her sleeve.

Aeon
Sat, 11-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Finally had the chance to watch the last couple of eps and they were awesome. The only thing that would make this arc even better is if Shenhua was on Revy and Eda's side but I guess the other team can't be all jobbers.

Church
Sat, 11-11-2006, 03:45 PM
"192"..."168"...

O god... the nightmares...
I never wanted to see those numbers after taking CISCO...

Zati
Thu, 11-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Shinsen release!

Episode 18 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_18_%5B715F8BCC%5D.avi.torrent )

Ryllharu
Thu, 11-16-2006, 06:06 PM
All I can say is that the last five minutes were mindblowing. Who could even suspect that about Eda!

Is it weird I thought the cleaner chick who lost her voicebox was kinda cute sitting in the rubble with her head on her knees?

Kraco
Thu, 11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah. I hoped Rock would finally do something, but in the end that moment still keeps us awaiting for it.

Well, the counterfeit money arc seems to be over, and the preview suggested something between Rock and Revy might happen, so I'm as eager as I have ever been with waiting for the next episode of BL.

iLoveHotCoCo
Thu, 11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
omg Shenhua got owned!! That idiot Wizard guy seemed like a nice person plus he was kinda hot looking so hopefully we'll see him around again =p
Lots of nice action in this episode.. I loved the way Revy took out that flame-thrower guy, pure awesomeness..

I wonder what's up with Eda.. Does she have a hidden agenda or did something bad happen in her past? So many questions, so many possible answers..

kooshi
Thu, 11-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Another great episode. It had its great moments, both funny and serious. I was laughing so much when the Wizard guy got shot while making his "big entrance". Like Shenhua said, he was a complete dumbass with that appearance.

But damn, Eda's past is revealed and it's a real mindblower! The biggest question I got right now is: is she currently working with the CIA or is she ex-CIA?

Ryllharu
Thu, 11-16-2006, 11:15 PM
I'd say by how quickly she killed the cowboy after he guessed it, that she's still working for the CIA. My question is how many members of the Church of Violence work for the CIA? Is it just Eda, is it some, or is it everyone? Thinking back on the machine gun guy at the beginning of this arc, he had a "new recruit" feel to him. Combined with Eda's acknowledgement, it makes me wonder if he really was just transferred from the States.

Now I'm really wondering about Revy's past. We know she grew up in America, and I'm guessing she met Eda there rather than in Roanapur. From the looks of it, her and Rock are going to Japan, maybe we'll get some Revy info in the next arc.

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-17-2006, 12:55 AM
caught up on this series again.

Eda caught my attention early on, being the first person to be a faster draw than Revy, but I was getting tired of her until the end of 18, when the Cowboy revealed her true identity. It makes me think that indeed the Church of Violence is connected to the CIA. The Americans are, so far, the only group really not represented in this show, and it'd make sense if the Church turned out to be the leading US criminal faction.

and that Rotten the Wizard guy... wtf? i mean, why introduce someone like that in the first place? That is the one thing that I don't like about this show, how it gives alot of time to the minor characters. If it focused a little more on the main ones I think it'd be right up there with Bebop

That Flamethrower guy made my day. He reminded me of a fat Johan (from Monster), except with pyromania ... that creepy smile. I also loved hearing Dutch curse so much. and Benny got some booty!

kAi
Fri, 11-17-2006, 09:00 AM
We go further into Eda's past, that was surprising. I've got the same questions that have been mentioned here, and we should be finding out soon. It's a good cover if that's indeed what the Church of Violence is.

Rotten the Wizard was awesome! He's all about looking cool, haha.

Flamethrower guys death, takes the cake.

Board of Command
Fri, 11-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Rotton the Wizard was a big surprise to many, I'm sure.

My guess is that Eda and the Church of Violence are doing the dirty work for the States. Whether they're still connected to the CIA I'm not so sure.

As for Revy, I think she was busted by Eda and then something happened in the States that made them both leave and go to Roanapour.

Honoko
Sat, 11-18-2006, 12:01 AM
I guess my criticism of killing that annoying Jane girl right away got thrown out the window the moment she admitted that the plates weren't made yet and she was trying to access them this whole time. oh well!

and i agree about the saw girl, whoever said it earlier. She did look kinda cute once she lost her voice machine.

Aeon
Sat, 11-18-2006, 12:10 PM
I like how even though they were on opposite sides none of the cool characters died. When Shenhua got hit by those rounds I was like oh noes they actually killed her. And that saw chick had me laughing when she couldn't find her voice box and balled up like a little kid.

Zati
Fri, 11-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Just out!

Episode 19 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_-_19_%5B5464DA29%5D.avi.torrent)

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-25-2006, 12:30 AM
man i thought 19 was good. different from most episodes, lots less action and that one dialogue scene was really long... but wow did you see alot of emotion out of Revy! That whole scene in the park, the Annie Oakley thing. I lol'd when she threatened Rock right at the end. you really get the feeling that those two are coming together as a nice couple, but somehow that it'll end in tragedy...

this might go down as the "that's what Japanese speaking English sounds like!?!" episode of 2006. I chuckled at a couple of the lines, especially Revy's constant cursing and getting editted out. It got pretty hard to understand her when she spoke fast.

High Wind
Sat, 11-25-2006, 01:39 AM
this might go down as the "that's what Japanese speaking English sounds like!?!" episode of 2006. I chuckled at a couple of the lines, especially Revy's constant cursing and getting editted out. It got pretty hard to understand her when she spoke fast.

Haha yeah I was thinking that. That one part where she was talking to the kids was just a jumble of syllables to me. Like you said, there wasn't as much action in this episode, but I didn't mind. I'll take some character progression over gunfights anyday(Just barely though because fight scenes are always pretty awesome in BL).

I also thought it was kinda cute how Benny had pictures of that girl from the last arc.

Looking forward to the next Eps.

Kraco
Sat, 11-25-2006, 06:48 AM
I agree. This was certainly one of the most complex episodes so far, because of the lesser amount of action and more dialogue and character development, as wells as some emphasis in picturesque aspects. It was easy to get the feeling Revy didn't really belong there, and Rock was already having hard time deciding whether he belong there anymore, either. It's certainly a turning point for him. Interestingly enough it's also a bit hard to figure out what Revy thinks Rock should do. While it's evident she, on the surface, is pushing Rock back to his old life, thus kind of saving him, it could also be only because she's afraid of what having Rock around means to her.

All in all, this was a very important episode for Rock and Revy. I hope it will turn out fine, and neither gets too afraid and make any stupid mistakes they would later regret, no matter how vehemently they might try to justify them.

Lucifus
Sat, 11-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Goddamn. As usual just place Kracos thoughts into my post along with my comments.
Revy ownz.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Man, I think the english really could have used some subs there. I had a hell of a time trying to figure out what was being said.

Anyone know exactly WHY it was edited out whenever she swore in english?

iLoveHotCoCo
Sun, 11-26-2006, 02:12 PM
haha your guess is as good as mine to why they edited out Revy cursing in english.. I was actually wondering that too, since the editing actually made it kinda hard for me to understand her when she spoke. They probably just did it to make her seem more American, since they edit out all the cussin in the states when a show isn't on cable. Besides any other explanation, other than they just felt like it, wouldn't make much sense since they curse in the opening anyways..
Anyways I also liked this episode. Like everyone said, character development is always good. And seeing a softer side of Revy is always a plus in my book =)

darkmetal505
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Engrish is always fun to listen to.

Do I sense a hint of jealously from Revy concerning Rock and that other girl? The samurai man looks badass. He kind of reminds me of Toguro from Yu Yu.

Church
Mon, 11-27-2006, 01:45 AM
I didn't even notice the edited out English, probably because I was mostly watching the subs with low volume. That's funny, she had no problem saying "f***ing Irish" in season 1...

Zati
Wed, 11-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Nice another release :

Episode 20 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Black_Lagoon_-_20_%5B8611CFF7%5D.avi.torrent)

Lucifus
Wed, 11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
O SnapZ! Already, nice. Dling, gotta watch this before I head to bed.:D