PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 220

Danad_corps
Fri, 02-09-2007, 12:34 AM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n220.torrent

LAST FILLER!

Sapphire
Fri, 02-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Totally downloading this even though it might suck.

mage
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Downloading just to see the preview.

Sapphire
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I ended up skipping the first 16 minutes. The rest wasn't -too- bad, for a filler.

The animation for Shippuden looks amazing. I realllly hope that this new series doesn't inherit the cheesiness from the last. Hopefully it is able to capture the magic and general -movingness- that we all know and love from the manga and prefiller era.

The animation for this ep was pretty good too, or at least better that I remember from other random filler eps. What I got from the story that I got didn't really grip me at all, but I don't mind because...

SIX..... MORE..... DAYS!!!!

Danad_corps
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Just saw it and well i think it was pretty good for a filler. I especially liked how Tenten was pissed about being left behind. That scene was pretty funny especially how Lee took his usual role of talking about how they all need to work hard and then got kicked by Tenten.

One thing i didn't get was that everyone was acting like they were going to say good-bye to Naruto. However, they all just stopped what they were doing and apparently didn't even bother to see him off. Why would you stop what you are doing, say "its about time he sets off" (with everyone single person he knew) and then just don't say goodbye? Naruto has some sh*tty friends IMO.

Didn't expect Ino to be another medical-nin. BTW, weren't there supposed to be 3 years between the jump?

I know that everyone is going to improve a lot during this jump but the person whose techniques i want to see the most is probably Lee (Naruto coming in a close 2nd). Anyway, cheers to the END OF FILLERS!!!

Yukimura
Fri, 02-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Nice, that was the first time I felt an emotion that wasn't toilet humour, revulsion, or misery during a Naruto ep in years. And with a one hour special they can cram more coolness into the first ep back.

Augury
Fri, 02-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Yeah, the jump was supposed to be 3 years but I guess they're counting all that filler material as approximately one year or so.

Man, I haven't watched Naruto ever since mid-way through the Curry of Life filler. It's been a while... I didn't care much for wrapping up the filler but it's refreshing to hear some of the great background music again. Also since I haven't been watching Naruto in so long the artwork was a real shock. They're still in their old younger designs! Naruto and the others really look more like kids when they have a rounder faces. It seems that all that will change next week though.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Everything but the sweet looking Shukaku spear in the first half was maximum gay.

The second half was good but I think that's because some of it wasn't filler.

As for the skip time, the skip is three years from the end of the sasuke arc. They've been doing fillers for over a year and a half, so it makes sense that there's not still 3 years left.

But who cares about any of that because all that matters is fillers are over! Wooo!

Divinity
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:39 AM
wow... been almost a year without watching naruto besides the english dub.... had to come back and catch the last filler before the time-jump.

it was a nice episode... the last half at least... but i was hoping for a better ending.. haha.. like everyone waiting at the door saying bye to naruto.

anyways... yay no more fillers....can't wait!

Kraco
Fri, 02-09-2007, 04:55 AM
One thing i didn't get was that everyone was acting like they were going to say good-bye to Naruto. However, they all just stopped what they were doing and apparently didn't even bother to see him off. Why would you stop what you are doing, say "its about time he sets off" (with everyone single person he knew) and then just don't say goodbye?
I think it's pretty obvious they gathered in a bar and had a drink to celebrate the couple of years of calmness, quietness and peace they will finally experience for the first time now that Naruto will be travelling. Well, everyone except for Hinata who needed to have one last look, and Lee who will get his drink only after the rest have already left the premises.

But I have to say the beginning part was one of the most anticlimactic fight endings ever. The dude was supposed to be the ultimate weapon of the whatever village it was, and all it took to defeat him was one thrown spear. Way to go...

The second part was uber cheesy, but I liked it well nonetheless. It had some good lines, and the atmosphere was generally suitable to make it feel like Naruto finally leaves, the fillers end, and everything goes back to the way it's supposed to be.

Divinity
Fri, 02-09-2007, 05:44 AM
I was actually hoping there'd be a full episode of Naruto saying his goodbyes instead of having it merged with the last arc.

Now new watchers will watch up to the Sasuke chase arc and then all of a sudden the next episode is the time-jump which leaves them confused..... They'll have to watch the last filler arc or read up on some stuff.

I figured they'd at least have 1 episode that can be added to the story of Naruto showing him leaving to conclude the series.

Like a "transition" episode.

Munsu
Fri, 02-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Most if not all non filler watchers are manga readers, so they will not be confused by anything.

And, almost 2 years have passed since the last non filler episode... I doubt many remember what happened by the end of the episode to great detail.

burnout
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:03 AM
wasnt that the ep that naruto kicked gaara's ass all over the leave country????

i dont remember it to well coz i trew out almost all naruto junk sins the fillers started and i stoped watching all together

I HATE FILLERS

UChessmaster
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:21 AM
no, last non filler episode was 136 if i recall correctly the one where jiraiya says he is going to train naruto...

JaySee
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty sure none of this was in the manga. The Tenten/Lee fight was well drawn and animated, but then went right back to crap afterwards. It's not a 2 year jump. The preview for the next episode says it's a 2 and a half year jump. So they're counting these fillers as half a year.

I always found it odd that Sakura was the only med ninja, when it's already been said every team is supposed to have one. At least they figured a good reason to make Ino a med. I don't think that was explained in the manga.

I'm guessing all the girls will become med ninjas, but Hinata's already had her "I feel useless" arc. Tenten hasn't yet though...

Assertn
Fri, 02-09-2007, 11:21 AM
The flashback between gaara and kankuro was in the manga.

Danad_corps
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:23 PM
The flashback between gaara and kankuro was in the manga.

Good. I was kinda pissed they were trying to do some actual character development during the fillers. That would have been blasphemy!

btw, this was the first filler (that i can recall) that did not have any version of the RASENGAN!

BioAlien
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:29 PM
1 word : FINALLY!

This episode kinda made me laugh, the part where TenTen kicked Lee is the face was nice to watch (with the bird saying Ahou) ;)

Only 6 days to go~!

mage
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:21 PM
People, the fillers are not counted in any way as part of the time that Naruto is gone. He was gone for 2.5 years in the manga as well.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
What do you know about it?

Nothing, that's what!

Assertn
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Good. I was kinda pissed they were trying to do some actual character development during the fillers. That would have been blasphemy!

That's not good....think of how many people are going to miss it because they aren't watching any filler eps :(

Divinity
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:53 PM
That's not good....think of how many people are going to miss it because they aren't watching any filler eps :(

That's what I was saying.... They should have made the goodbyes into it's own episode instead of merging it with a filler... Even though the goodbyes were somewhat filler.. It would make more sense as a seperate episode for folks to watch as a transitional episode.

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
first filler episode i've DL'd in a while, and it actually has manga content in it?

/me goes back to find that scene...

oh, obviously didn't watcht the episode at all. Just saw the (awful imho) OP and ED and the preview, which got me all giddy and excited for next week!

Teki
Fri, 02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
lee says that tenten wasnt in the mission because she was with kotarou's team. I don't even remember anyone named kotarou. can anyone enlighten me on the subject please?

mage
Fri, 02-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah.. I think Kotarou is just someone they made up to explain why she wasn't there.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
I guess it was alright. Best part was the preview and the Shukaku spear. And why doesn't Sakura have her new outfit in the preview? = (

Mizuchi
Fri, 02-09-2007, 07:53 PM
FILLERS ARE OVER!!!

I wish they took a few episodes to show some of the training that naruto gets, or like an OVA but like during the series of like naruto and his travels with Jiraiya. That would be sick.

Kraco
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I think we have seen enough plotless episodes to last for a while. I will rather watch the main plot advance again, after these couple of terrible years. And I can't imagine the training would be that much different from the rasengan training, except that this time there wouldn't even be big boobed distractions. It'll be more interesting to see the new techniques and skills in real battles.

Mizuchi
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I think we have seen enough plotless episodes to last for a while. I will rather watch the main plot advance again, after these couple of terrible years. And I can't imagine the training would be that much different from the rasengan training, except that this time there wouldn't even be big boobed distractions. It'll be more interesting to see the new techniques and skills in real battles.

Still, maybe they could make an OVA of the first maybe month, like maybe they went off on a mission and taught naruto the new technique at the same time, such as rasengan. And then made some kind of cool ending to signal the time skip.

Maverick-DBZ-
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:51 PM
It's finally here! :D Like everyone has already stated the beginning was so so but it was necessary to get that character over and down with. The good byes were nice and the preview for next weeks episode gave me that feeling I've not felt in Naruto for so long! Wooohooo it's almost within our reach! :eek:

Danad_corps
Fri, 02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
i want to know from someone who read the manga: Was the actual good-bye process much similar to the one shown in this episode (i.e.NONE AT ALL)? I'm still kinda pissed about that. He thinks of everyone as his precious friends, saves them from almost impossible scenarios, and then they don't even have the decency to say goodbye to him when they all know that he isn't going to be back for a long time even though they aren't doing anything very important. Now that i think of it, only 1 person said goodbye to the Sand team. These young'ins have no manners these days.

Assertn
Sat, 02-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I didnt see the earlier episodes.....what's the deal with gaara being a sensei? o.O

@Danad_corps: I don't recall the others even realizing Naruto was going away...actually....

Oh, and the part where Naruto holds his hand up to the 4th's face and clenches his fist did happen in the manga too.

Teki
Sat, 02-10-2007, 12:32 AM
wait... so this kotarou guy is just a made up name or something? that's dumb. they should have just said tenten was out on a mission with gai or something, iono.

Augury
Sat, 02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Danad: yeah, pretty much, but like Assert said, the feeling you get when reading it is that most of them are either unaware that he is leaving or consider leaving for training nothing special. You can take a look for yourself if you want. Chapter 238 is the end of part 1.

EDIT: If you do download the chapter, I don't remember if the last page was animated way back when.

JaySee
Sat, 02-10-2007, 02:17 AM
I don't remember the 4th hand grab thing from the manga, but that bugged me. He's never met the 4th. Why would he ask HIM to protect or watch over him? He should be asking the 3rd.

mage
Sat, 02-10-2007, 03:12 AM
He knows the fourth sealed the Kyubi inside him, so it makes sense to ask him.

Danad_corps
Sat, 02-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Wasn't the fourth the one that sealed Kyubi into Naruto's baby-self? If i am correct that would make the fourth Naruto's...creator/god..? Also, the fourth (correct me if i am wrong...it HAS been a long time since i've seen the real story) was the only one who was able to deal with Kyubi making him the one best able to help Naruto (who has the Kyubi).

Mizuchi
Sat, 02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
wait... so this kotarou guy is just a made up name or something? that's dumb. they should have just said tenten was out on a mission with gai or something, iono.

Not at all, atleast this way they show that the genin 11 + certain jounin are not the only ninja in the village.

The Adjective
Sat, 02-10-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't remember the 4th hand grab thing from the manga, but that bugged me. He's never met the 4th. Why would he ask HIM to protect or watch over him? He should be asking the 3rd.

If I was going to ask a dead guy to watch over me, I'd pick the one who looks like grown-up me too.

fifafreak18
Sat, 02-10-2007, 02:24 PM
well this episode wasn't entirely useless.

I've pondered for a long time that if i was in the naruto world, who would i want to be? Well now i know i would want to be Gaara. Shukaku Spear FTW!

Anyways yeah they made Seimei (sp?) sound like such a powerful, (minimum 3 ep) boss. But then he goes down by having a spear chucked at him? They also don't explain how gaara still had enough chakra to do any of those moves while it was being sucked out.

But FINALLY FILLERS ARE ENDING AND I WON'T HAVE TO COMPLAIN ANYMORE.

In the preview Naruto looks really mature, which if he is i think it would kill the series.

darkmetal505
Sat, 02-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm pumped.

The first half of this episode was just like the rest of the fillers: crappy.

On a lighter note, I found Kank's face to be priceless in this scene:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4457/funnykankjt3.png

Assertn
Sat, 02-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Naruto said "Please watch me," not "Please watch over me."

He's saying that he will become strong, rather than depending on the strength of someone else.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-10-2007, 07:28 PM
In the preview Naruto looks really mature, which if he is i think it would kill the series.Well you think wrong cause it would make the series 10 times less terrible because Naruto's retardation is the number one negative to this series.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 02-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Why is it that after the OP song, dattebayo writes there are 3 weeks left of fillers? And..If that is not the case, is next episode actually on the storyline?

BioAlien
Sat, 02-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Why is it that after the OP song, dattebayo writes there are 3 weeks left of fillers? And..If that is not the case, is next episode actually on the storyline?

Note the YHBT under it.

fifafreak18
Sat, 02-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Well you think wrong cause it would make the series 10 times less terrible because Naruto's retardation is the number one negative to this series.

Well I do hope he's smarter but some of the ridiculous things he did were the best part of watching the fillers. If he comes back all serious then he be just like every other character in the show.

Kraco
Sun, 02-11-2007, 04:12 AM
Well I do hope he's smarter but some of the ridiculous things he did were the best part of watching the fillers. If he comes back all serious then he be just like every other character in the show.

Did you, by any chance, start watching the show with the fillers and skipped the first 135, or so, episodes? In the original episodes Naruto was never as retarded as the filler writers made him to be. So, for people who never watched the fillers, things will, hopefully, look more natural. For those of us who did watch them, I hope to have the feeling of Naruto returning to what he should have been all along, or, to be honest, more mature because, for some peculiar reason, when people gain age they generally tend to mature.

Assertn
Sun, 02-11-2007, 04:33 AM
fifafreak18 craves his daily allotment of dog-poop stepping and farting comedy.

fifafreak18
Sun, 02-11-2007, 10:12 AM
gee guys sorry for having an opinion...

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-11-2007, 10:19 AM
yeah, back off the kid. he's new and jumping all over him is pretty shitty, not to mention borders on breaking the rules.

and, getting back on topic.... um... well, yeah, this episode sucked, pure and simple. i wound up watching parts of it while searching for the Gaara/Kankuro scene, and am still amazed at how poor the quality of the animation has gotten. i also couldn't care less about the villains, new characters and plots. not only are they irrelevant to the story, but they're poorly written and poorly executed. if this was any other show, and they had content like the past two years or so have had, the show would probably be canned and people fired and cast out of the industry.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 02-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Note the YHBT under it.

What does the YHBT mean?

fifafreak18
Sun, 02-11-2007, 05:11 PM
YHBT - You Have Been Trolled

DB does it often.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sun, 02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh my ******* GAWD!!! I have been so out of it following the fillers without hope, that I had completely not realized that I had given up hope on seeing the continuation of the real series. I think I just glazed over the naruto episodes for the past year+. I was momentarily speechless when I realized that this weeks episode is the start of what we have been waiting for, for what seems like an eternity.
I think I got goosebumps :-)
btw, kiba's face at 10:19 (when they are all standing there right after Gaara won) looks effed up. He looks like the Joker (from batman) there.

Necromas
Mon, 02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
What does the YHBT mean?

They're pulling your leg.

Turkish-S
Mon, 02-12-2007, 06:03 PM
End of fillers good finally. Woot i can watch naruto again.

(p.s. click the link under my sig and vote yes and you'll get a shitload of naruto hentai picture's)

Super5
Tue, 02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Ding dong the fillers are dead! Which old fillers? The wicked fillers!! Hooray!!!

Anyway, this filler arc wasn't too bad up until the very last episode where Gaara ruins everything by reverting to his normal form, and somehow comes up with a one-hit KO attack - even when he supposedly has no chakra left. Pretty dumb and cliched ending.

I think they couldn't do an entire episode on saying goodbye to Naruto, just because there isn't enough material to fill 20 minutes. This part in the manga is like half a chapter I think, it would be stretched pretty thin to fill an episode.

The 2.5 years is manga canon; the 3 years I think was set by Orochimaru being able to prepare his jutsu to take over Sasuke's body. Naruto wants to prevent this at all costs, hence he needs to come back a little early and actually track down Sasuke in order to stop Oro. I don't get Jiraiya's mention of Akatsuki, I don't think they have anything to do with the 3-year time limit at all. I'm not sure where that reference came from, except that the writers maybe feel they need a bridge between Naruto and Naruto:Shippuden.

I think in the manga it happened pretty much like it did in this episode. It was like everyone had a feeling Naruto was leaving, but they didn't say goodbye to him. Naruto asking the Fourth to watch him was in the manga too, pretty much word-for-word.

Anyways, the real excitement for this episode was in the short preview. All I can say, dear non-manga readers, is this:

Prepare to wet your pants.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Prepare to wet your pants.Too late..

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Super5: re-watch ep 135. The Akatsuki said they were going to wait two years themselves. It just happened to conveniently coincide (sp?) with the years Oro needed

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Well, I've been behind for quite some time now but I finally managed to catch up. I'm not even going to bother commenting the last 20 episodes which I forced myself to see other than with the word "boredom". End of story.

But now, Shippuuuuuuuuuuuuudeeeeeeeeen!!

darkshadow
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:47 PM
I liked this Gaara arc, yes i did.
But yeah, bring on the manga sweetness.