PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 114

Narasho
Wed, 02-07-2007, 11:54 PM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b114.torrent

Lucifus
Thu, 02-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Joy to the world. I just realized the fillers ended and caught up to ep 113. And just as I finish 114 is ready and waiting for me.:D

Narasho
Thu, 02-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I lol'd at Bonnie-chan

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Four things this episode.

1. When I stated previously that the shot in the ending with all the shinigami dressed as students was just made up stuff for the ending...I was apparently very wrong. As much as the notion boggles the mind. It's hard to complain though with Matsumoto walking around dressed like that.

2. What's with all the flying spit? During the fight with Yami, everytime someone is hit, it looks like a fountain of spit flying through the air. Is this their new way of censoring the blood? Because if it is, it's lame.

3. That scene with Youruchi eating just went on...and on...and oooooonn. Forever! We getting, she's eating alot. We got that by the giant pile of dishes. Need to fill much time there people?

4. Rukia: "It's been awhile hasn't it Ichigo". No, actually, it's been about two weeks.

el_boss
Thu, 02-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Those arranca are buck of yellow bellied anti climax creating bastards. Green hat and catwoman should have finished the job.

What's up with the super entrance when they're just going to leave 15mins later.

What the fuck is up with japanese people and eating alot. Do all anime creators have a food fetish?

Regarding the spit, maybe the animators have watched a lot of Rocky lately.

It's stupid that Inoue didn't use her time machine to heal everyone or at least herself.

Kraco
Thu, 02-08-2007, 07:07 AM
I liked this episode. The bad guys showed good judgement by retreating rather than continuing a fight they might have easily lost. All in all, Aizen didn't strike me as a dude who would just mindlessly send his soldiers to death for no reason but to be evil. No, he has a goal and now I think even more so than in my post in the previous thread that he just wanted to test his creations. In that sense Ichigo actually got very lucky: Now the enemies might severely underestimate him next time. Unless Aizen becomes concerned, if he finds out the details of how Ichigo behaved right before he started to get his ass kicked.

It was a nice surprise the shinigami actually came down and infiltrated the school. Like DE, I thought it was just an artistic idea for the ending. This could prove out to be funny. Especially with the vizard guy still hanging around. Maybe the crazy chick also transfers to the same school...

3. That scene with Youruchi eating just went on...and on...and oooooonn. Forever! We getting, she's eating alot. We got that by the giant pile of dishes. Need to fill much time there people?
Aye. My hand was already resting on the mouse, ready to fast forward, when the scene finally ended. Seriously, I don't know what they were thinking. One fourth that the current lenght would have already made the point clear. And I doubt she really lost that much strength during the short fight.

Edit: Still, what matters most to me is that Rukia is back!

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4935/rukiaisbackcl1.jpg
Hopefully with her zanpakutou this time. I would love to see her fight side by side with Ichigo with her full shinigami powers. In fact, that's the thing I've wanted to see most ever since the beginning. Although it might also be funny to see them fight each other - like a practice fight.

burnout
Thu, 02-08-2007, 08:23 AM
1. When I stated previously that the shot in the ending with all the shinigami dressed as students was just made up stuff for the ending...I was apparently very wrong. As much as the notion boggles the mind. It's hard to complain though with Matsumoto walking around dressed like that.

if matsumoto was walking around like that in my school and if she was in my class i would never learn anything:D :D :D :D

DAMZ that looks great on her:cool: :cool:

Kensee
Thu, 02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
if matsumoto was walking around like that in my school and if she was in my class i would never learn anything:D :D :D :D

DAMZ that looks great on her:cool: :cool:

In the words of Alexander Anderson, A-MEN!

But I would say what takes the cake after that little eye candy of a ending would be Urahara. I love his sword and it was just great seeing him in action. Maybe we'll see him fight seriously someday.

Sporklover
Thu, 02-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I have a question about Ulquiorra....so Hollows/Arrancars have holes in their chest in absence of their heart....Does that mean his heart was in his throat when he died?

Just wondering.

Deadfire
Thu, 02-08-2007, 10:56 AM
4. Rukia: "It's been awhile hasn't it Ichigo". No, actually, it's been about two weeks.

I guess the writers forgot about their own filler arc they made into the storyline...

Or trying to forget..

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Seriously, what's up with the spit? I always thought bleach was supposed to be one of the edgier shounen series so why bother censoring it now. There were more then enough free flowing bloody injuries before back in the pre-filler days. Just seems weird that in comparison to the manga things are being toned down when it wasn't like that before.

I know how much you anime watchers hate it when people like me who've read the manga bitch and moan about things that seem to be missing but have of the fun of watching it it be animated is to see how little things in the manga get embellished when they get animated. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the arrancar animated as opposed to those stupid bounto, but this censorship still strikes me as something queer.

Only thing I can guess is that maybe the bleach attracted a younger audience during the filler arc. Now in order to keep that large market share studio pierrot have decided tone down the violence. Who knows for sure but it is something that strikes me as awkwardly as the "Sweat" in the SNES version of mortal kombat back in the day.

Narasho
Thu, 02-08-2007, 11:39 AM
2. What's with all the flying spit? During the fight with Yami, everytime someone is hit, it looks like a fountain of spit flying through the air. Is this their new way of censoring the blood? Because if it is, it's lame.

I really hope that's not them censoring the blood. When I first saw it, I thought it had something to do with the Arrancar's abilities, maybe a strange reiatsu that causes extra perspiration...

el_boss
Thu, 02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I have a question about Ulquiorra....so Hollows/Arrancars have holes in their chest in absence of their heart....Does that mean his heart was in his throat when he died?

Just wondering.lol

I love the fact that you registered to post this.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I know how much you anime watchers hate it when people like me who've read the manga bitch and moan about things that seem to be missingI don't mind at all when Manga readers talk about the differences between the manga and the anime. The only thing I mind is when manga people talk about shit that hasn't happened yet in the anime.
[quote=Narasho]I really hope that's not them censoring the blood. When I first saw it, I thought it had something to do with the Arrancar's abilities, maybe a strange reiatsu that causes extra perspiration...[quote]Hah, I thought at first maybe his fist emitted slime or something.

It was especially gross when it happened to Inoue. Girl, get a napkin!

amentia
Thu, 02-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Just wanted to say: Matsumoto boing boing :p

Animeniax
Thu, 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Awesome awesome awesome episode!!! The fight scene was great, except for Inoue being useless and in the way. I thought for sure when Ichigo told her to get away that she would object or say his name, but she just says "ok" and runs away. Ichigo in bankai mode owns. I think he could have beat Ulquiorra (sp?) using bankai.

Urahara and Yoruichi in action was too cool. The Yoruichi eating scene was tiresome and somewhat rehash of Saiyan appetite material from DBZ, though seeing Yoruichi scantily clad was very very nice. The Kon scene was hilarious. The Shinigami invading the high school was the best scene. Rukia returns is even better. Art and background music were both top-notch.

I wonder why they sent that particular group of Shinigami. If the Arrancar are that serious a threat, why not send some higher level fighters? Did they just pick 5 of the more popular characters, or is this from the manga?

Munsu
Thu, 02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Don't know and don't remember if there was a particular reason... Maybe they couldn't simply leave Soul Society defenseless if they sent all their best fighters.

Besides the big-tit chick (don't know how old she is), everyone else looks like they are the best young fighters in Soul Society, don't know if that has anything to do with it and them disguising themselves as students.

Of course, they could've probably gotten an older character to come in as a substitute teacher if that was their reasoning, but who knows.

pandacon
Thu, 02-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow, they blasted through 2 chapters of the manga and 2 pages from a previous chapter in just the first half of the show. Cool episode though, and it seems like the animation is starting to pick up.

And that eating scene was definately filler.

mage
Thu, 02-08-2007, 05:03 PM
The eating scene was just fucking dumb. They've been doing things like this to take up time in each episode now, and it's getting really annoying. Here's how it looked in the manga:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8121/asfasfef5.jpg

XanBcoo
Thu, 02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Haven't seen the episode yet (haven't even watched ep 113 yet, actually), but I wanted to bring something to light:

The eating scene was just fucking dumb. They've been doing things like this to take up time in each episode now, and it's getting really annoying.

What the fuck is up with japanese people and eating alot. Do all anime creators have a food fetish?
Sort of. It's apparently a convention in Japanese media and film to use overeating as a gag. Everyone remember how Goku ate enough for 50 people at every meal? That was supposed to be hilarious. It's really just a cultural joke, based on the Japanese idea that modesty and moderation are virtues, or ideal character traits. Just like Peter Griffin is funny because he does some pretty unconventional/uncouth things, so too is any anime character who plows through 77 bowls of Miso.

It's also the reason you sometimes see anime characters mumbling "I can't eat another bite" or "I'm so full" in their sleep.

eat_toast
Thu, 02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey, not bad for half an ep. First thing I noticed was, yeah the animation has improved light years from only a few episodes ago. Most of my opinion on the spit/sweat thing has been said, but if it continues it will be disappointing. The fight was ok, ok only because, well, it was short, and didn't do much. But hey, a fight is a fight, right?

(Aside: Does anyone else kind of want Ichigo to let the hollow side of him loose, and then go on a bad-ass murdering rampage one time? I think that might make for a decent filler arc, but whatev.) Hells yes for Benihime and Uruhara though, that has to be one of my new fav. zanpakutos. I think also I heard some new music? It's about time :D

Afterwards though, except for the rest of the team showing up, more than half this episode was time wasting filler. Even using the excuse to keep from having to do another filler arc in a few months, it is incredibly unpleasant to have half an ep. be really good, and then shoot to Yoruichi eating everything she can get her hands on.

RIP Bonnie-chan (2004-2007)

Harima Kenji
Thu, 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Of course, they could've probably gotten an older character to come in as a substitute teacher if that was their reasoning, but who knows.
Why is the first name I thought of: Zaraki Kenpachi :D:D

Great episode, besides the eating-marathon..that was really too long :p
I just don't understand that Ichigo doesn't go to Urahara to talk about his Hollow-probs.. since Urahara was there when he almost became one.. but I guess it's up to daddy to solve this :p

And I just hope that they'll explain how Karin knew about the term 'Shinigami'..something she picked up when Rukia was still around?

Knives122
Thu, 02-08-2007, 06:00 PM
The eating scene was just fucking dumb. They've been doing things like this to take up time in each episode now, and it's getting really annoying. Here's how it looked in the manga:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8121/asfasfef5.jpg

Yeah seriously that was almost as stupid as that 20 second pause between words for Chad when he was explaining that he found the bird.

But anyway way to go censors, you show the cutting of yami's arm but you don't show Orihime drenched in blood:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8707/m7bleachch07yp2.png

I should probably go kill the censors now for depriving me of gore.

knifecrew
Thu, 02-08-2007, 06:02 PM
(Aside: Does anyone else kind of want Ichigo to let the hollow side of him loose, and then go on a bad-ass murdering rampage one time? I think that might make for a decent filler arc, but whatev.)

I know all I was saying when Ichigo's hollow side spoke up was "dooo iiit, DO IT, DO IT!"

That would make for an interesting tid-bit, depending on what would come of letting that happen.

mage
Thu, 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
But anyway way to go censors, you show the cutting of yami's arm but you don't show Orihime drenched in blood:

Why is all the blood in Bleach black now? Does the color red affect kids that much? Anyway, they left out this part too:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4774/asdffff2nr7.jpg

Bucket
Thu, 02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, there was more than one way over-extended scene in that episode.
Also: ha ha, he ate his pet boar.

el_boss
Thu, 02-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Regarding filler activity. I'm just going to say, DBZ did it right. They drew out the fights instead of the well food eating with no dialogue. I mean come on, are they unable to put in some original dialogue. Oh wait maybe they have realized that their script writers such ass so nothing is better than their putrid pieces of shit.

Necromas
Thu, 02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I wonder why they sent that particular group of Shinigami. If the Arrancar are that serious a threat, why not send some higher level fighters? Did they just pick 5 of the more popular characters, or is this from the manga?

Well, they definitely aren't Soul Societies light hitters.

Hitsugaya is obviously pretty freaking strong, a captain, with a sweet bankai, and the strongest ice zanpakuto.

Renji is practically at captain level at this point, he just needs more training with his bankai.

Ikakku, well, a 3rd seat officer in 11th squad is probably above some of the squads lieutenant positions. Read the wiki on him for a spoiler if ya want. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikkaku_Madarame)

Yumichika, as we've already seen, is not to be underestimated, with his zanpakuto's ability that he keeps secret.

Matsumotohas also proved a potent fighter when she defeated Kira.

The reason they only sent one captain is probably because they don't want to take away from the forces protecting Soul Society.

darkmetal505
Thu, 02-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Was it just me, or was one of Yourichi's breasts in the eating scene larger than the other?

The spit/perspiration flying everywhere was just awkward. It was something you could play slow-mo in your head. I loved Orihime getting bitch slapped.

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 02-08-2007, 09:16 PM
so now we know that urahara and yourichi are two the of the people that they were looking out for since they seemed pretty up to date on them and their abilities. but, who's the third person that would be able to beat them? it can't be ichigo because they seemed pretty willing to take him on. urahara was pretty bad ass in the limited action that he got. i wonder how many more arrancars are out there. there must be quite a few if they sent reinforcements to help battle them. i wonder if the quincy's are going to play a role in this arc. they left them out of this episode and i didn't seem them in the preview for the next episode either.

mage
Thu, 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Obviously Ichigo is the third since they said "Orange hair.. Black bankai.. He's the one."

ChaosK
Thu, 02-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Was it just me, or was one of Yourichi's breasts in the eating scene larger than the other?

The spit/perspiration flying everywhere was just awkward. It was something you could play slow-mo in your head. I loved Orihime getting bitch slapped.

Yeah wtf her left tit is like 2/3 the size of her right.

By the way, Yoruichi kicking Yami's ass was hilarious.

I wanted Ichigo to go into Viazard mode to scare the shit outta Yami but this conclusion was also good. :D

Sporklover
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
lol

I love the fact that you registered to post this.

Actually it turns out my other one got deleted or something so I made a new one. Plus I just find him having a hole in his throat weird.

Augury
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:51 AM
I just checked back and realized fillers were over recently, so I'm enjoying the series again ^^

Obviously Ichigo is the third since they said "Orange hair.. Black bankai.. He's the one."Ichigo isn't the 3rd person, he's the target that they were supposed to eliminate. Ulquiorra tells us that Ichigo doesn't seem all that great to him, so the 3rd person is probably someone he had info on similar to Urahara + Yoruichi.

4. Rukia: "It's been awhile hasn't it Ichigo". No, actually, it's been about two weeks.This scene was actually supposed to have a lot more emotional impact. If you cut out all of the filler material, this would be the first time seeing Rukia back ever since Ichigo & co. leave Soul Society. Think about how it was like when she appeared in the Bounto arc.

Some of the speed translations on the week-by-week chapters are unclear, so it's nice to see not only how the material is animated but also how the dialogue is translated. Ulquiorra's statement about how he had an advantage and why Urahara and Yoruichi weren't attacking is more clear here.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-09-2007, 02:22 AM
I wonder why they sent that particular group of Shinigami. If the Arrancar are that serious a threat, why not send some higher level fighters? Did they just pick 5 of the more popular charactersMy guess is yes, they just picked the most popular ones.

Danad_corps
Fri, 02-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Damn i just noticed that the animation improved drastically. Everyone looks so much cooler now than they did in the Bounto arc.

I really really hope that they aren't going to censor this anime. That would definitely ruin most of the fights from here on out.

Would the 3rd n 4th ppl be Ichigo's and Ishida's fathers?

Yukimura
Fri, 02-09-2007, 02:59 AM
@ Danad: I doubt Aizen knows or cares much about the Quincy, he's focused on Shinigami and Hollows so he wouldn't have much use for them or knowledge about them.

Anyway Rangiku looks 1000 times better then I thought she would. Also she probably would have been arrested on the street if she was walking around like that IRL (either before or after the rape). Rukia's entrance did feel amazingly drained of emotion since she hasn't realy been gone that long. I think the manga went around two months without showing her (as all the stuff that's happened in the last few episodes was going on), which made her reentry much more impactful. Unfortunately, I've forgotten what happenss next so I'll have to anticipate with the rest of you for next week.

Nai
Fri, 02-09-2007, 12:40 PM
This episode was so awesome I didn't even care about the lame censorship.

Hell, I think I experienced a joygasm when Ulquiorra slapped Yami in order with that badass track kicking in. It didn't hurt to see Kisuke do a few ( ... few but oh so sexy! ) moves either. I love Benihime already.

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
edit - well, at first i thought this episode was awesome. There was alot of problems and shortcomings in it, but I still really enjoyed it. Anything with Urahara in it is automatically awesome, and triply so when he gets to show off his moves. Deflecting the Cero attack and then how he threatened Yami was awesome badass.

I think also I heard some new music? It's about time :D
About time indeed. I never saw the filler arc, and from what it seems, this is a new track. I thought it was pretty cool, didn't hurt that it accompanied the cool scene of Ulq (whatever his name is spelled...) opening up the cool Hollow portal.

i'm willing to forgive the slow, stupid, wasteful filler minutes simply because it's been so long since i've had Bleach in my life. That, and Urahara's being in it made me smile. The minute long (it's about 50 secs actually) of Yorouichi eating was annoying, but not as bad as watching angsty-Ichigo lay in bed like a rag and do the cliche anime "I couldn't protect my friends!" pouting. That scene was the suck.

I thought the scene with the SS guys walking through the school was hard to watch. You obviously know who each of them are, and it's not like they're wearing anything all that cool (except for Matsumoto. Hello~~~~ Nurse!), so why not just show them right off and show their interaction with each other, you know, facial expressions and the like... I smell cost-cutting...

But, I'm glad Ikkaku and Yumichika are in here. Those two, Kenpachi, Byakuya when he's being cool, and Hanatarou are my favorite Soul Society characters. I just don't get them sending Hitsugaya... if you're going to send a team composed of a mix of guys from different squads, i'd imagine you'd need a more veteran captain who could command all their respect. I also forsee Hitsugaya having a problem getting Ichigo and crew to follow his orders... might as well have put Rukia in charge of it all...

and yeah, the spit instead of blood made me flinch, but i'd hoped maybe it was some ooze/slim ability of Yami's... guess it's just a bunch of shithead censors...

Knives122
Fri, 02-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Here's something interesting I noticed; when Urahara and Yoruichi did their shunpo it made a very distinct sound(9:09), but when Ulquiorra did it it made a completely different sound.(10:56)

Maybe I'm putting to much thought into it or something.

Inazuma
Fri, 02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Maybe because it's a Hollow Flash Step

Knives122
Fri, 02-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Ding!! Ding!!! You got the million dollar questio right, tell'em what he's won Jimmy

JImmy: Nothing....

I know it's a hollow flash step, but this is the first time I have them put actual detail in something like that(they didn't do it for the qunicy flash step I don't think).

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 02-09-2007, 10:02 PM
That thing about ichigo not gonna listen to hitsugya (can't spell his name lol) is true but he and the rest of the group wont listen to any other captain either lol. Plus he is the onlyone that looks young/student material. I like the group they sent since there will be alot of humor comeing from that group, only if kenpachi came also that would have been aweso0me. Maybe as a teacher or just staying shinigami form. Anything with kenpachi is a plus lol.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah, he may not listen to Hitsugaya, but at least he won't end up in a fight with them like he'd be likely to do if they'd sent Kenpachi or Byakuya.

Kraco
Sat, 02-10-2007, 04:38 AM
I can't imagine even the old man Genryuusai would have had the guts to ask Byakuya to leave his ancestral house and premises and move to the living world semi-permanently to prepare for a possible confrontation with enemies. Or at least it would have caused budget issues as they would have needed to obtain one of those uber expensive, old, traditional Japanese houses for him in the real world.

And Kenpachi... I think he's like a tank; better kept in the reserve until the actual fights begin. For otherwise he would go around starting those fights for his own amusement. And the SS might not want such a thing in the living world.

Yukimura
Sat, 02-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Rewatcjed to hear this new song everyone was so excited about. It sounded pretty Hispanic, which isn't surprising if you think about all the Spanish references toward the Hollows like Menos and such.

As to the team composition, I think it was just a popularity contest more than anything, Hitsu-Rangiku and Yuki-Ikkaku combos are usually pretty funny and Renji is probably the most fleshed out SS charachter since he's been in so many fights.

Mizuchi
Sat, 02-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Why did they all go into gigais? why not just stay in their shinigami form?

ktchris69
Sat, 02-10-2007, 10:43 AM
erm, it funnier that way???? I mean if they werer to come down with their usual shigami outfits, that wud be usual stuff, whereas seeing them in uniforms kinda adds somthing unexpected and funny in the episode IMO

Kraco
Sat, 02-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Because in the living world all food is in a solid form, not composed of spirit particles. And probably you need a solid body to enjoy material food. That alone would be reason enough for me...

Niner4959
Sat, 02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I hope everyone realizes Bleach 114 was one of the better episodes in the series.

Besides the detailed animation quality the plot theme and script writing were complete and thorough when compared to other Bleach episodes.

For the first time we are witnessing a very different Ichigo. He’s going to have to do a lot of soul searching which involves Inoue, his friends, SS, the Arrancar such as Ulquiorra, and finally his own weaknesses.

The producers will use this to spring board the series from a mediocre anime into a competent piece of artwork ( A’la Full Metal Alchemist ) which people can recognize for having a deep and involving storyline.

This is only the beginning, holding my breath.

Board of Command
Sat, 02-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Since when did FMA become the standard for good series?

Mizuchi
Sat, 02-10-2007, 05:36 PM

Because only those with half a brain would think it isnt.

Niner4959
Sat, 02-10-2007, 06:23 PM

Guess I can't match 3,304 posts so you've got me there.

I'm getting ahead of myself assuming that FMA was a good anime.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Don't worry laddie, it was a great series. Some people just don't like things that are awsome and instead like gay porn.

Honoko
Sat, 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM

Because only those with half a brain would think it isnt.

I'm getting ahead of myself assuming that FMA was a good anime.
There are two thoughts running here, it seems. FMA is a good anime. But FMA should NOT be THE standard for all good anime. A lot of the dialogue in FMA got really pretentious at times with all their pseudo-philosophical shit.

In fact, in terms of "good anime standards", you should never use one series as a factor. Instead, you'd need to think of standards in terms of storyline, animation, character development, editing, all that stuff Niner was doing. In fact, I thought he was just using FMA as an example of good anime but not as an actual model. But hey, that just shows my reading comprehension level, whatever it may be =P

With that said and to get back on topic, this episode had a lot going for it. Love any screentime Yoruichi and Urahara have to show off their skills and since I had avoided most of the filler, I can't really compare animation from then and now. Whenever characters like Ichigo get all ponder-y and introverted it leaves me impatient. "Get over it and fight the good fight, dumbass!" is what I tend to think :D

Niner4959
Sat, 02-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Although I was fascinated by FMA last year, by all means it is not the “standard”.

I have faith that Bleach can evolve into a greater anime on the production side. I was very captivated by what took place in Bleach 114 and wouldn’t mind expecting that every week instead of this back and forth good quality to near awful switching we have grown used to from some anime.

Lelouch of the Rebellion is a great example of diligence. Every episode is cutting edge with twists, surprises, speculation, and emotion on top of smooth animation.

I forgot to mention I was impressed with the music and how it was used. The piece that played after Ulquiorra stayed Yami was brilliant. It gave Ulquiorra a touch more sophistication then I tagged him, even though presently we can tell he’s one smart cookie with a back hand to boot.

I’m a sucker for violins.

Board of Command
Sat, 02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Getting nice and toasty in here. My job is done.

Inazuma
Sat, 02-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Since when did Bleach became a mediocre series ?

*BoCalised*

el_boss
Sat, 02-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Since when did Bleach became a mediocre series ?

*BoCalised*When the fillers started bringing teh suck at least 100 years ago.

dragonrage
Sat, 02-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I've caught up on the few episodes that i missed and i must say it is very promising.

Wouldn't have guess that Ichigo's father was a shinigami, that was a jaw dropper and well I am really enjoying the depth of the storyline as is and well what is yet to come.

The story is taking a dramatic change and it is reflected in every character....

FUCK YEAH, I finally got to see Beshime in action, I knew that she was one badass mother. I can't wait to see what Urahara is truly capable off. not to mention what Ichigo's father can do.

I am tempted to stop watching the series for a bit, just for the pleasure of watching a few episodes back to back once again.

On the side discussion that is going on: FMA is a GREAT series that is including the movie. It is one of my favorite animes of all time. BUT FMA and Bleach can't be compared nor is trying to compare them going to do either series any justice.... Every different genre of anime has its own standard of greatness these two are in different catagories. Please don't compare them. Besides Bleach is not yet finished, lets just enjoy what is yet to come.

Back on topic.

The reason why Toshirou Masamoto, Renji and the rest were chosen to be sent to the real world is because can you really imagine any of the other high ranking shinigami fitting in. I mean do you really think they would look the part.

Also the ones that remained are the older generation of captain also I believe that they are the more powerful ones as well. While Toshirou is a captain he is fairly weak and inexperienced, remember he became a shinigami after Renji. You don't want to have alot of powerful characters involved with the kinda changes that is happening in the story, I mean it would be like having Rocket launchers and no one to really use them on, just not necessary ( pardon my lame metaphor, kinda sleepy)

Besides sending anyone else would kinda take away from what Ichigo and the others are going through, not to mention that Ichigo and this group have a fairly developed relationship.

Edit : grammar

ChaosK
Sat, 02-10-2007, 10:46 PM
You're all pretty funny. Everyone knows Naruto is the perfect standard for OMGWTF BEST ORGASMIC ANIME EVER!...:rolleyes:
I feel stupider...

Back on topic.

The reason why Toshirou Masamoto, Renji and the rest were chosen to be sent to the real world is because can you really imagine any of the other high ranking shinigami fitting in. I mean do you really think they would look the part.

Yeah, I'm sure a 10 year old in high school, a girl with tits the size of people's heads, a guy with red hair weird tattoos, a bald guy insisting on carry around a wooden sword, and a metrosexual fit in PERFECTLY. Comon, realistically none of these people fit in. Rukia couldn't figure out a juice box.

Animeniax
Sat, 02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I can understand why at least Matsumoto would prefer a gigai. She loves the real world and shopping and girly stuff, which is easier to experience in a gigai than as a ghost. Plus, if they have to interact with Ichigo and friends, it's better to be corporeal than to have the humans look like they're talking to themselves.

Rukia couldn't figure out a juice box.
That's one of the reasons we love her so much :D .

dragonrage
Sat, 02-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I'm sure a 10 year old in high school, a girl with tits the size of people's heads, a guy with red hair weird tattoos, a bald guy insisting on carry around a wooden sword, and a metrosexual fit in PERFECTLY. Comon, realistically none of these people fit in. Rukia couldn't figure out a juice box.

Sounds perfect to me.

Ichigo age 15, and since when did anime follow the rules of logic. Character and story wise can you actually tell me that there are some other group that can fill the SS group better. Please enlighten us oh knowledgeable one, or would you rather not have the shinigamis represented in such an important turning point all together. Please do tell.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Matsumoto can be a teacher and Bleach can then turn into a hentai...

el_boss
Sun, 02-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Matsumoto can be a teacher and Bleach can then turn into a hentai...lol "Bleach: Bukkake Whores IV: The Bukkake of Great Justice"

Munsu
Sun, 02-11-2007, 06:13 AM
About the Gigai, it probably helps them surpress their Spiritual Energy. So whatever mission they have been sent on, they probably need to hide who/what they are and their whereabouts, is my guess.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Do gigais have that function? Sounds plausible, wish they'd explain their use better. I wonder if the user can choose a gigai that doesn't match their physical appearance? ie, Matsumoto with a C-cup instead of a ZZZ-cup, or Hitsugaya in a grown man's body instead of his runt size.

Do you think the rule about limiting lieutenant and higher ranked people's powers by half in the real world is still in effect? If so, that would really weaken the Shinigamis' abilities.

Munsu
Sun, 02-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty sure it's still in effect, and Gigais if I remember correctly, help heal woulds or whatever with spiritrons or some shit. Hence the excuse for Rukia wearing a Gigai during the early episodes, though the Gigai given to her was eating her spiritual powers away.

Kraco
Sun, 02-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Hence the excuse for Rukia wearing a Gigai during the early episodes, though the Gigai given to her was eating her spiritual powers away.

Yeah. I bet this time Rukia acquired her gigai from somewhere else than Urahara Industries Ltd. Their last one was somewhat faulty - and had troublesome warranty protocols to boot.

dragonrage
Sun, 02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Well he did hide that thing inside of her and the gigai was designed to actually limit her spirit powers not heal her as she had hoped. If i remember correctly with time it would have turned her into a normal human being.

And yes I believe that the gigai helps them recover spirit energy. But think about it, isn't it better to have them actually interact with the real world that just be unseen by everyone around them. I could only imagine what is going to happen given the personalities of each character.

ChaosK
Sun, 02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Sounds perfect to me.

Ichigo age 15, and since when did anime follow the rules of logic. Character and story wise can you actually tell me that there are some other group that can fill the SS group better. Please enlighten us oh knowledgeable one, or would you rather not have the shinigamis represented in such an important turning point all together. Please do tell.

Don't get me wrong, i love the fact that these select characters are in the story now. They're some of my favorite characters. Just pointing out that they don't fit in, as we already saw with everyone staring at them.

Matsumoto can be a teacher and Bleach can then turn into a hentai...

Screw all other ideas, this one seems ideal.

Genma
Sun, 02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm sick of people who go undercover in Ichigo's school. Talk about a horse that's been beaten to death already.

Seriously, though, the people they picked are incredibly random. Well, overrated Hitsugaya is understandable, since all the annoying fanboys and girls love him. His vice-captain is pretty obvious too, due to her large animated breasts.

But adding the bald guy and the flamingo gay guy from the first trip to Soul Society is just retarded. They're not even vice-captains, first of all, meaning they're no where near as powerful as... let's say, dog face guy, or his sunglasses sub captain. Why they brought those two is beyond me.

And Rukia's appearance lacked any emotion for me, too, despite the fact that I only watched one episode of the Bounto arc and, after finding it to be utterly retarded, stopped watching the show completely.

The fight was okay, though... I guess. But everything else I found to be a terrible dissapointment.

Narasho
Sun, 02-11-2007, 09:38 PM
despite the fact that I only watched one episode of the Bounto arc and, after finding it to be utterly retarded, stopped watching the show completely.

Although the Bounto arc seemed to have more quality than the Naruto fillers, I have to say I agree with you - having only watched 2 or 3 episodes of it myself.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Bounto arc was decent.

mage
Sun, 02-11-2007, 11:03 PM
And Rukia's appearance lacked any emotion for me, too, despite the fact that I only watched one episode of the Bounto arc and, after finding it to be utterly retarded, stopped watching the show completely.

I thought there was quite a bit more emotion during her return in the manga. The anime didn't do it just right.

saman
Sun, 02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
so, anyone else think that maybe ichigo should take up hirako's suggestion about joining up with the vaizard so he could control his hollow side better? he got pretty beat up this episode because of his hollow problem.

Munsu
Sun, 02-11-2007, 11:27 PM
With the whole Shinigami gang coming to the real world, I don't think Ichigo might join the Visored any time soon. Who knows, maybe they can teach him a thing or two. Also, it depends on where the Visored stand, if they are enemies of his friends or not. The Visored chick showed no hesitation to try and kill off Chad and Orihime.

saman
Sun, 02-11-2007, 11:52 PM
this is true, about where the vaizard stand. i don't think the new shinigami arrivals will be able to help ichigo, though, since they have no experience or knowledge in the matter. the only one who probably could, apart from the vaizard, is urahara. well, i guess we'll see what happens.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-14-2007, 05:46 AM
let's say, dog face guy, or his sunglasses sub captain. I would think dog-face guy would have a really hard time passing for a student...

Mizuchi
Wed, 02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I would think dog-face guy would have a really hard time passing for a student...

he could go into a gigai