PDA

View Full Version : Offical Countdown to the end of fillers!

Pages : [1] 2

Deadfire
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Ok I'm going to start this countdown to the end of Fillers

so Oct 24th to April 1st is 8 + 30 + 31 +31 +28 + 31 or 159 days or 22.7142857 weeks

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 10-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Let the coutdown begin! YEAH!!!

el_boss
Mon, 10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
3,816 hours or 228,960 minutes or 13,737,600 seconds

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Don't they have automated counters for things like this. Can't you just put one here?

el_boss
Tue, 10-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Fun facts: You will get to celebrate halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, a new year and easter before they show a non-filler Naruto.

Strider
Tue, 10-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I will be given numerous vacation days, such as Veteran's, the aforementioned major holidays, President's Day, as well as Martin Luther King Jr.'s Day, before they air an actual story related Naruto episode!

This is insanity!

Naruto_Fan
Tue, 10-25-2005, 10:46 AM
yes insanity indeed. but at least we'll be getting filler episodes that will hopefully be decent. and luckily i can still watch bleach, which is getting really really good now

Twomix9900
Tue, 10-25-2005, 11:30 AM
i wonder if the ratings have plumetted yet...?

el_boss
Tue, 10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by: Twomix9900
i wonder if the ratings have plumetted yet...?

Probably not so much. If the kids in Japan can manage to watch Pokemon, I think they are still watching Naruto.

Dionysos
Tue, 10-25-2005, 02:53 PM
yes i think so too, because if the ratings would have plumetted so much they definitely wouldnt do such a long filler period

Keno
Tue, 10-25-2005, 04:36 PM
I try to look at it from the positive side... At least when the fillers end, we will have a whole lot of episodes from the actual manga animated.

I'll be patiently waiting for the "return" of good ol' Naruto... I just wish anyone knew the exact number of filler episodes left so we could make a REAL countdown i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

ex.. Episode 163 Discussion
...... > (12 st00pid episodes left!)

aznroyale
Tue, 10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
you can wait until spring

Phoenix20578
Tue, 10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
The only thing I like about these fillers is the new opening song. Other than that, fillers suck ass.

aznroyale
Tue, 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM
best filler i think its still eps 101 hehe

Strider
Tue, 10-25-2005, 05:52 PM
The Idate Arc? Remind me to shoot you on sight.

There is no such thing as good filler.

There have been tolerable ones, but that's only in comparison to the horrendous ones preceding.

They make the manga for a reason. The anime should stick to following it, and nothing else.

If the anime is to be a motion testament to Kishimoto's work, why bother with fillers? Take a break. It was "End of Naruto Part I" .. !! That was like a damn Star Wars movie. All the shit that occurred in those near 140 episodes, only to get continual shit? I would have gladly waited a year or so without Naruto, in anticipation of the actual story being once again televised as opposed to their current idea. "Give them more Naruto! Who cares what he's doing!"

Fillers 'till April infuriate me.

el_boss
Tue, 10-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by: Keno
I just wish anyone knew the exact number of filler episodes left

Including this week's episode there will be a total of 23 fillers before the "real" Naruto starts.

Strider
Tue, 10-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Twenty-three episodes of filler episodes remaining IF the story returns to following the Manga the first week of April.

So, at the very least .. twenty-three episodes. At most, twenty-six. And, if they for some unknown reason push that date back even further, we'll rally the GW troops and slaughter them.

Deadfire
Tue, 10-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by: Strider
Twenty-three episodes of filler episodes remaining IF the story returns to following the Manga the first week of April.

So, at the very least .. twenty-three episodes. At most, twenty-six. And, if they for some unknown reason push that date back even further, we'll rally the GW troops and slaughter them.

We have Troops?....

anyways I really wish we could find out out the exact date the fillers will end to make this countdown any good till then I'm going to say that april 1st be the date in till some other date comes around that makes more sence

Strider
Tue, 10-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Uh, well for one .. April 5th would make more sense, since April 1st is a Saturday. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

April 5th is a Wednesday, which is when the episodes air in Japan, as far as I could remember.

Liquid Echo
Tue, 10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Since halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are in filler territory, they could do a special for each one i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif w00t for corny holiday specials...

(yeah I know there's no way in hell they'd do that...)

heero
Tue, 10-25-2005, 09:44 PM
this makes the waiting seem even longer damn

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Since halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are in filler territory, they could do a special for each one w00t for corny holiday specials...

I don't know before this summer I would agree with you, but after seeing both tiger mizuki and the legendary stupid brothers at the same time I think just about anything goes. Although do they even celibrate those holidays in japan?

I really wish there was some way we could communicate with the japanese naruto fanbase and hear what they think about all of this. Well at least we know there's an end. Good naruto will come, BELIEVE IT!!

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 10-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Naruto's Christmas Holiday Special Dattebayo!!

Journey to the Hidden Village of Cringle!

I'll never forgive you Santa!

DB_Hunter
Wed, 10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

lol! Though I bet they won't be doing their christmas 1 hour specials now since the anime isn't following the manga.

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

BELIEVE IT!

Cyberdude93
Wed, 10-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by: Liquid Echo
Since halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are in filler territory, they could do a special for each one w00t for corny holiday specials...

(yeah I know there's no way in hell they'd do that...)

Yeah, they wouldn't do it for
a) The reason that is obvious to you (ala your last sentence)
b) The fact that Japan has absolutely nothing to DO with thanksgiving.

Coriandria
Thu, 10-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Of all the anime I've watched (Granted I'm no expert not by a long shot) I have frequently seen specials with christmas themes and many shows surrounding valentine's day (a day when girls give guys chocolate in japan a little different from the holiday here) Those are pretty much the only 2 holidays I've seen beyond summer vacation type stuff. Honestly I don't see these two themes out of the realm of possiblity, if they honestly want to do filler for so long.

Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet

I don't know before this summer I would agree with you, but after seeing both tiger mizuki and the legendary stupid brothers at the same time I think just about anything goes. Although do they even celibrate those holidays in japan?

Also again not an expert on Japanese culture. But I believe in Japan they celebrate Christmas, Valentine's Day, White Day (May 14th exactly one month after valentine's day men are suppose to return the favor and give chocolate to girls, traditionally white chocolate which is why it is called White Day) and um.... Girl's Day in March? crude I'm forgeting when Girl's Day is. But those are the holidays I know. Of course they don't celebrate thanksgiving and Halloween from what I know is an exclusively US holiday (best one to I LOVE halloween i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif )

Cyberdude93
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by: Coriandria
Of course they don't celebrate thanksgiving and Halloween from what I know is an exclusively US holiday (best one to I LOVE halloween )

I was tempted to say Halloween, but I wasn't sure. Here in the UK it exists, but it isn't actually a holiday, so I thought Japan could be the same.

Thanksgiving on the other hand is a no-brainer.

FileZAce
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Sorry, may I ask what is the difference between fillers eps and not fillers?

el_boss
Thu, 10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Fillers are episodes the creators put in to fill the void between episodes that follow the actual plot.

Assertn
Thu, 10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Fillers are episodes the producers put in to fill the void between episodes that follow the actual plot, as told by the creator.

fixed

FileZAce
Thu, 10-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Fillers are episodes the creators put in to fill the void between episodes that follow the actual plot.

So from starting Eps 1 till now is all fillers eps?

Deadfire
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by: FileZAce

So from starting Eps 1 till now is all fillers eps?

No eps 1 was not filler nor was it's season (I could be wrong) Fillers are more of a revent thing as the current fillers (what is this the 3rd filler arc) starts with the stupid brother arc (I though i do think there were some filler eps here and there during the season)

Basicly

REAL = Same as MANGA (or close too)

Filler = NOT in THE MANGA and is looks like it was made up using nothing more then about 100 monkeys with typewriters (no offence to the writers or the monkeys but come on!!!)

FileZAce
Sat, 10-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Sorry, May I know which eps are fillers? I am kind of lost track.

2:25
Sat, 10-29-2005, 08:41 PM
I think starting from episode 136 to now are the fillers.
But in episode 141, there's an important fact thrown in that's in the manga.

Deadfire
Sun, 10-30-2005, 12:19 AM
I found this on my travels and in follows this threads topic

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/302/1/7/Kakashi_knows_pain_by_MangeSharingan.jpg

As well I guess we will have the countdown to April 5th and so we are at 157 days now

ChaosK
Sun, 10-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by: FileZAce
Sorry, May I know which eps are fillers? I am kind of lost track.

teh shiz the idiot producers decide to make up are fillers, the stuff that comes from the naruto manga are not.

Naruto_Fan
Mon, 10-31-2005, 11:08 AM
filler
- producers make up stuff
- purpose is to allow the manga to progress far enough away from where the anime is
- does not follow the manga's plot

normal episodes
- author directly involved
- follows the manga's storyline with some small differences in detail (ex: neji's marking)

basically, when the anime in terms of storyline gets too close to where the manga is, the anime starts showing filler episodes. when the manga gets far enough, then the anime will start showing episodes following the manga's plot. the reasoning behind this is that most anime episodes in general have about 3 chapters in an episodes. since 1 chapter of the manga and 1 episode of an anime airs each week (usually unless japan has a holiday going on like golden week), they need to pace the anime and manga in a way so that the producers will have time to animate things from the manga into anime form while the manga keeps going.

it's just that if the manga and the anime are at exactly at the same place plot-wise, the anime won't have anything to use for a full episode. thus, filler episodes are used.

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Sorry, May I know which eps are fillers? I am kind of lost track
Filler episodes in Naruto:

episode 26: The episode before the Forest of Death where Konohamaru and his mates do that report thingie.
episode 97: Naruto's Hot Spring Experience (I'm pretty sure)
episode 101: The Kakashi mask thing (though this is based on a manga short)
episode 102-106: The Idate race arc
episode 136-current episodes: Rice country arc, Baka Bros. arc, Bikochu arc, Raiga arc

I think that's all of them.

Dark Gaara
Thu, 11-03-2005, 12:34 PM
new guy here.... and please no one say the word "duh" to me, thanks.

but what is "fillers?"

Ero-Fan
Thu, 11-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Fillers are episodes that don't follow the manga and have no real impact on the main storyline in any way.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Filler - Gay episodes of an anime that are ussually horrible. They are not part of the original storyline
set forth in the manga, but are put into the series to allow the manga to get a same distance away from
the anime so they don't overlap. Fillers also screw with the storyline, makeing the fans want to cry.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm gonna say duh even though he asked us not too because fillers was already defined in the thread, by a guy taking his whole post to give us a definition, so it means the guy was too lazy to even read 2 pages of thread.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 11-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I just joined this forum yesterday. Even I know to read all the threads in a topic before posting, I just didn't feel like telling him to "read previous posts". Besides, it was quicker just to answer him then rant about how its a waste of time....opps, I just did what I said I wouldn't do...sigh.

Dark Gaara
Thu, 11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
i was on the school computer, 3mins til class start so i was just browsing.. what do you want from me?.. but thanks you to those who filled me in anyway.. get it "filled in" - "fillers".. ha ha sheer gold i tell ya!

ShaneLong
Fri, 11-04-2005, 01:44 AM
good things its almost over... i thought it would end up like dragonball z

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-04-2005, 02:18 AM
Almost over? We have 5+ months left i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Fri, 11-04-2005, 11:11 AM
I finally entered this forum after 3 months or so of absense.... Someone please pm me when Naruto goes back to the manga storyline... I haven't watched the last 12 episodes or so...

Kraco
Fri, 11-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
... I just didn't feel like telling him to "read previous posts"...
Oh, man. That's an ages old tradition. I'm sure the third post ever made after the invention of forums technology was "read the previous post!"

Originally posted by: Budweineken
Someone please pm me when Naruto goes back to the manga storyline... I haven't watched the last 12 episodes or so...
So many weeks to go that I'm afraid nobody will remember your request when the time comes (assuming anybody is still alive after such a dose of rotten fillers).

Deadfire
Fri, 11-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Well I hope that we finish this thread when the new ones come out

as of Nov. 4th we are at 152 Days left. or 21.714285714285714285714285714286 weeks left

That also works out to 3648 hours, 218880 Min, or 13132800 sec

TheNineTails
Fri, 11-04-2005, 11:05 PM
wow deadfire u took troble to count that? lol

Deadfire
Fri, 11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: TheNineTails
wow deadfire u took troble to count that? lol

Define "U" and "Troble" and you will get the real answer, until then i will say "NO"

Fudgeman
Sat, 11-05-2005, 03:40 PM
harsh

aznroyale
Sat, 11-05-2005, 11:49 PM
cant take anymore gay fillers RAWR

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 11-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Aw common, how could anyone resist the temptation of a samurai ninja western? Hell when was the last time Naruto and co did anything remotely related to a ninja? I can't seem to remember. Yesh I love how the anime studio is desperatly struggling for material. Who knows maybe we'll see naruto facing off against an evil villain in a kunai throwing duel at sunset. Something tells me this episode is going to open up a new floodgate of crap.

Naruto_Fan
Mon, 11-07-2005, 11:26 AM
yea i can expect that too. or maybe it'll be something dumb like naruto was dreaming about it or like it was a set for a movie (like the naruto movie). the anime is seriously pissing me off and it's sad for such a good manga to have to end up having so many boring and dull filler anime episodes.

it's because they rushed it. it would've been better if they added little bits of content (not in the manga) while showing manga-related anime episodes.

Strike Freedom
Tue, 11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
23 episodes left to go, and personally I can't wait for it to end. This is like a continual nightmare that just keeps going, and you just can't wake up. Given, some of the fillers are decent, but I'm to the point that I will just wait for the series to continue. I hope to God that they lay off the fillers for some time. I mean, how much more Rasengan can one really see, HOW MUCH?????

Deadfire
Thu, 11-10-2005, 12:10 AM
I personally can't stand it but thats why i made this thread.. so what are we up to?

147 days or exactly 21 weeks left ( that means only 21 to go?)

Assertn
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe someone should set up a teaser page to give you guys an idea of how the characters will look a few years down the road
Hey, its not a spoiler to see some new outfits, is it? =]

Deadfire
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:23 PM
I saw most of them already but sure do it

Kraco
Fri, 11-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Maybe someone should set up a teaser page to give you guys an idea of how the characters will look a few years down the road
Hey, its not a spoiler to see some new outfits, is it? =]

A few years older Hinata dancing under a waterfall? Don't bother with outfits, though...

Too bad it was filler material to begin with.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 11-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I made a thread for this in the open discussion before but I'll say it again. How awesome would it be if there was a naruto fighting game that incorporated all of the filler characters? I know you want the opportunity to be able to beat the crap out the fricking lighting sword guy or his little crippled buddy. Or how about playing as the old shop women and throwing the curry of life. Possibilities are endless we can play as all of our favorite characters like. Tiger MIzuki, Stupid Brothers, Karashi, generic bug nins from bikochu arc, raiga, ranmaru aka little cripple kid, and of course that new bounty hunter guy, and of course the light saber nin from the race arc. Man imagine all of the hours of fun you'll have making your ultimate dream matches. Udon vs. Ranmaru. Kisame vs. raiga. Bounty hunter guy vs. neji. Stupid brothers vs. chouji. Man the possibilities are endless.

Assertn
Fri, 11-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, I'll post them anyway, if anyone wants a sneak peak of something to look forward to.
I'll post the pics one at a time, so you can savor the awesomeness i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT: Link moved to the new thread

Ero-Fan
Fri, 11-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Is that a pic from the manga or is it one of the official pics for the anime? Because I don't recall the manga being in color, but that just might be where I dl it. Anyways, cool pic. I personally would like to see more of em.

Kraco
Fri, 11-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Nice pic. He almost looks like he could actually pull something off also other than by accident.

darkmetal505
Fri, 11-11-2005, 03:56 PM
it looks like he got some booty

Assertn
Fri, 11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
On second thought, maybe I'll create another topic so people can discuss the images without it interfering with other people who visit this topic.

Ero-Fan: The image was fan-colored based on other colored references.

Deadfire
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: Deadfire

Well another filler done now all i need to do is change the count

140 days or exactly 20 weeks left ( that means only 19 or 20 to go)

elmojo
Fri, 11-18-2005, 02:50 AM
1. so what is the countdown at? , please tell me its a 1 digit number
2. the perfect naruto game doesnt need more characters, it should be naruto hero 2 with a 4 player mode!!!!

Meehlimo
Tue, 11-22-2005, 07:41 AM
did anyone forget they release 2 episodes of naruto at a time once every 2 or so weeks
that might take a few weeks off the waiting. correct me if im wrong cuz i ver well could be....

aznroyale
Tue, 11-22-2005, 07:45 AM
in my opinion next filler should be funny, but not great

mage
Tue, 11-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by: Meehlimo
did anyone forget they release 2 episodes of naruto at a time once every 2 or so weeks
that might take a few weeks off the waiting. correct me if im wrong cuz i ver well could be....

more like once every 26 weeks.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-22-2005, 11:58 AM
And besides which those episodes are almost without fail right after or before them taking a week off. So youd end up in the same spot.

HOTPROPHET
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:17 AM
OK... SURVIVING...ONLY...4 MORE... MONTHS LEFT... Good old Nartuo... less than 20 more not so bad fillers...that's all... I CAN MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-23-2005, 04:55 PM
16 Episodes left for those keeping track btw.

Giboc
Fri, 12-23-2005, 05:43 PM
So will the hour long special be considered as one or two episodes?

Ero-Fan
Fri, 12-23-2005, 05:51 PM
I think two since they're skipping a week to put it out that way.

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Who other than me hopes that Naruto -never- references/flashbacks anything from the filler arc once it's over?

Psyke
Sun, 01-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: Sapphire
Who other than me hopes that Naruto -never- references/flashbacks anything from the filler arc once it's over?

Most probably the fillers will be forgotten once the fillers end. Remember they never actually happened to manga readers, so it would be unlikely if any flashbacks/references would be made. And I'm sure no one's complaining.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 01-01-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: Sapphire

Most probably the fillers will be forgotten once the fillers end. Remember they never actually happened to manga readers, so it would be unlikely if any flashbacks/references would be made. And I'm sure no one's complaining.

lol can you imagine having flashbacks of fillers??? That would be too much to bear even in between authentic manga material.

Kraco
Sun, 01-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Yeah. Technically they could flashback to filler material, because anime is anime and manga is manga, and even if the former is (mostly) based on the latter, they are still somewhat separate things, as the fillers have proven. But honestly there has never been anything in the fillers that would be suitable or worth flashbacks. Well, if Naruto starts to hang out with Hinata, then perhaps...

Deadfire
Tue, 01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Sorry I stopped counting (I know it's my own thread!)

What are we up to with this new one out soon

drims
Wed, 01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
is the idate and the whole race thing fillers??? if so i think it sucks that they can have flasdhbaks of that time b/c the rasengan naruto hit on the guy seemed stupid cuz it just made him do spins, plus sasuke has flashbacks on episode 107 of wen he got wooped by the lightning sword guy n naruto had to do the job i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif if flashbaks can go to fillers here maybe it il hapen wen the real episodes start at the end of spring , i hop not that would suk A$$ n a big one

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, the idate arc was a filler. Couldn't you tell? C'mon, a fucking lightsaber, sigh...
Edit: @Below: At least the staff was more original.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Sword made out of lightning was stupider than staff made out of a monkey how again?

Sapphire
Thu, 01-05-2006, 09:24 PM
So, after the fillers arc, Naruto goes off for three years (they skip this) and the Naruto II arc begins, right?

Why couldnt they just make the filler arc him with Jiraiya for three years?

Board of Command
Thu, 01-05-2006, 10:36 PM
So what's the countdown at now? 2 more months...?

Assertn
Thu, 01-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Sword made out of lightning was stupider than staff made out of a monkey how again?

it works if you know the whole mythology behind it

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
So what's the countdown at now? 2 more months...?

If they stick with the April date given to us earlier, we got about 89 days left. So, more like 3 months.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 01-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

The point is, elitists hate fillers.

drims
Tue, 01-31-2006, 06:33 PM
Are Sarutobi Sensei ( the third) and Sarutobi Asuma related since they have the same last name?

Assassin
Tue, 01-31-2006, 07:10 PM
no

anphorus
Tue, 01-31-2006, 07:12 PM
We don't know wether Sarutobi is the Thirds last name at all, but considering how all the students call their teachers "Firtsname"-sensei, I doubt it is. Secondly, that point has been raised again and again, but as of yet there is no evidence supporting or disproving that they are related. Though I think they aren't as I'm sure that, if they were, we'd know by now. Especially at the Thirds funeral.

ANBU
Wed, 03-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Why fillers? Some1 tell me.

RedX1z
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:15 PM
omfg! totally, fillers are awesome, my purpose in life was to watch those awesome filler! we should forget about the main story and just e-mail those people who make them and ask them to make more of those awesome filler episodes!

seriously, i really hate them with a burning passion and i'm pretty sure 90% of the people here hate them as well. so, i dunno, think this thread is pointless, yeah?

KitKat
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Whee! Thread merging is awesome!

And um....yeah, I'm officially on vacation from Naruto until it gets back to story that entertains me. I've thought about downloading all the fillers and watching them at once, but I just don't think it would be worth it.

RedX1z
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:21 PM
you're pretty much doing yourself a favor by doing so.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:48 PM
OK so the last episodes I saw of Naruto were that stupid curry of life arc... if I now start watching Naruto again from (is it next week or the week after?) will I have missed anything?

IFHTT
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Nothing significant.

NM
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:40 PM
The only filler that can actually be considered decent is the last one, the one where Naruto teamed up with Ino, Shino, and Anko have a mission to go to the Ocean Village to kill a demon. The animation was way better than every other filler we've seen and it was sort of cool how they tied in Orochimaru/Anko's past in with the mission. But...thats it. The animation went down on the episodes where that bad guy summoned the Sea Boss (but this summon was retarded) and Naruto went Kyubi for like a minute to fight that guy and summoned Gamabunta.

Every other filler was total bullshit. The Raiga arc was complete crap and the Bikochuu arc was a step up from Raiga but still sucked. I mean, a guy who cries for giving funerals yet he still kills people anyway? Wtf? Thankfully, things are going to get really awesome again in Naruto once these fillers are done for good.

drims
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Also episode 101 where Team seven tries to see how kakashi looks without his mask. I am pretty sure thats a filler, and very funny. :)

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Also episode 101 where Team seven tries to see how kakashi looks without his mask. I am pretty sure thats a filler, and very funny. :)

Not entirely filler.
It was based on a 3 page mini story Kishimoto did long ago.
I believe it was published before the chuunin exam.

Edort4
Thu, 03-23-2006, 12:27 PM
I dont think that this is the place to ask that :o . In general discussion you have a thread about mods. And I dont know most of them but I have seen them around often so...

There is no good filler, I mean they can be well done, but just the fact of being a filler means that it is unuseful. No advancement, no development, just as it is called something produced to fill 20 minutes of nothingness. Its true that inside fillers there ones that are a crap (almost all of them), and a few that are watchable without puking. But that doesnt mean at all that they are good. Naruto is taking a dangerous path, they are "childising" the show substantialy, if I were a child I wouldnt complain but are these filler the same that the episode kakashi stabbed a KID to death? Hell no!

Even the humour has turn cartoonish, the show never was a monty python but it was a 16+ humour type, now its focused to 12-! Oh!! hinata blushes because of naruto, how funny... :eek:

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-23-2006, 09:33 PM
^
not completely. That one arc with the fish guy, we learned quite a bit about Anko's past, furthering our understanding of the relationship she had with Orochimaru.

Its not that there is no development. Just a crappy type. Its also understandable. The majority of the kids watching would like to watch Naruto every week, not have it stop when its caught up with the manga and wait for half a year without it.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Yes, but those kids are idiots and should get cancer.

IFHTT
Thu, 03-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Yes, but those kids are idiots and should get cancer.
Well then you should praise the fillers because thats exactly what they cause. First it starts with you thinking the fillers suck, but better than nothing then 1 season and three eps in you die of a brain tumor. It's bound to be scientific fact. :D I agree though, it makes you wonder if it would have been better with no naruto/filler at all for a season.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 03-23-2006, 10:35 PM
So hang on, for those of us who have stopped watching Naruto while these fillers have been on, are the fillers going to end in the next couple of weeks or are we going to have another year of fillers?

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-23-2006, 10:46 PM
They should end in the next couple of weeks. That's what was announced a few months ago.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-24-2006, 10:42 AM
So hang on, for those of us who have stopped watching Naruto while these fillers have been on, are the fillers going to end in the next couple of weeks or are we going to have another year of fillers?We don't know.

Basically, the fillers should have ended...next week, according to the information we were all going by.

They aren't.

So now...we dunno. Maybe they'll end in 5 weeks, maybe in 25.

They'll end when they end, and we'll be sure to let you know.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 03-24-2006, 11:16 AM
We don't know.

Basically, the fillers should have ended...next week, according to the information we were all going by.

They aren't.

So now...we dunno. Maybe they'll end in 5 weeks, maybe in 25.

They'll end when they end, and we'll be sure to let you know.

I'm still going by the April 5th date that we came up with months ago. And if it doesn't end then, I'm not going to beleive anybody's update on an end until I see a manga based episode with my own eyes. Until then, back to OP.

bxgreatone87
Fri, 03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
this is killing me already i hope they start soon cause these episodes are crapola and how many times will naruto uuse rasengan without killing the guy he uses it on lol they are over killing the move and kakashi gaiden should be coming up which ive been waiting for lol :D

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-24-2006, 04:16 PM
ANN has updated its Naruto episode List, listing ep 183 as the supposed end of fillers, but with a note of unconfirmed.

masamuneehs
Sat, 03-25-2006, 11:48 AM
...more unconfirmed rumors, more speculation...

i even couldnt care less at this point (ive got plenty other shows to keep me occupied currently) although i´m sure the people addicted to Naruto will disagree with me on this one...

im just sick of hearing people talk, whine, speculate, guess and all that about the end of the fillers. reading some of these posts has almost made the fillers look entertaining (that includes my own speculations, btw)

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-25-2006, 04:42 PM
i even couldnt care less at this point (ive got plenty other shows to keep me occupied currently)
Well I don't. Bleach is also in crappy fillers. And while One Piece is the greatest thing ever right now, they keep having no episode weeks. Which pisses me off cause they are like a year behind the manga now, they don't have to keep doing that.

And nothing else is any good.

woofcat
Sat, 03-25-2006, 05:33 PM
blood+ is good. Check out the thread in general anime.

Carnage
Sat, 03-25-2006, 11:08 PM
There are tons of good animes out there. Dont get your hopes up for anything as great as Bleach, Naruto, or OnePiece. But try :

Gash Bell
Blood+
Bo-Bo-Bobo (read the manga)
Scryed
Samurai Champloo
Try all the gundam series
Inuyasha
Prince of Tennis
Outlaw Star
Beck
Evangelion
Hellsing
Blue Gender
Wolfs Rain
Shaman King (manga)
YuYu Hakusho
Hikaru No Go

and thats only for starters. I cant think of them all right now. Im sure even if you've seen alot of those, there are still some you havent watched.

bxgreatone87
Sun, 03-26-2006, 01:37 AM
i just read that there is gonna be another full season of fillers :( her is the site i got it from i hope they are wrong though http://www.narutocentral.com/index.php?page=member/news

IFHTT
Sun, 03-26-2006, 02:17 AM
They obviously bought into the DB joke. No where else on the net can that be found nor verified. Plus with the title for 182 sounding quite like the end of fillers I can almost positively say that the end of fillers is coming in the beginning of may.

bxgreatone87
Sun, 03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
i hope your right man i dont wanna wait another 25 episodes lol

Yukimura
Sun, 03-26-2006, 06:06 PM
All this speculation is pointless, the fillers will end when u see Kakashi standing next to a nice looking rock, that's all there is to know, a rock + Kakashi = no more fillers (for a while). Untll you see it there's no way to know when you will see it. So just download the episodes look at the preview for the next ep and if you see Kakashi and a rock, then rejoice and wait until the next wedensday, otherwise delete the episode and wait till the next wedensday. Unless the title of the episode is "Kakashi stands next to a rock" looking at episode titles probobly won't tell you for sure when the fillers will end, check up on what happened with Bleach if you don't agree.

And if you think i'm spoiling here's some more ghastly dirt for you, sometime after the fillers end, Naruto will also stand next to a rock, he'll also walk, and most definately talk in an annoying manner putting -ttebayo and the end of things

Kraco
Mon, 03-27-2006, 02:48 AM
I think you have an obsession with rocks, Yukimura. People with obsessions are rarely unbiased, and that may make their words less truthful.

;)

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-27-2006, 03:08 PM
All this speculation is pointless, the fillers will end when u see Kakashi standing next to a nice looking rock, that's all there is to know, a rock + Kakashi = no more fillers (for a while). Untll you see it there's no way to know when you will see it. So just download the episodes look at the preview for the next ep and if you see Kakashi and a rock, then rejoice and wait until the next wedensday, otherwise delete the episode and wait till the next wedensday. Unless the title of the episode is "Kakashi stands next to a rock" looking at episode titles probobly won't tell you for sure when the fillers will end, check up on what happened with Bleach if you don't agree.

And if you think i'm spoiling here's some more ghastly dirt for you, sometime after the fillers end, Naruto will also stand next to a rock, he'll also walk, and most definately talk in an annoying manner putting -ttebayo and the end of thingsHahahahaha!

Priceless.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-27-2006, 04:55 PM
I have no special love for rocks, though I liked the song Rocks, that was the first OP. I just felt that a little tidbit of what to look for might soothe some nerves, I personally have been looking for the rock for quite some time now. When we saw Kakashi in that filler where Naruto was supposed to die I was sure he was a fake, because the rock was nowhere to be found. Now I just wait. "Lo and the rock shall come forth to the screen and the hereld Kakashi shall standeth near it, and all shall be right within the Narutoverse once again. Dattebayo." feel free to pass this prophecy on as you see fit

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-27-2006, 10:30 PM
You just killed it.

death-wing
Mon, 04-17-2006, 01:38 AM
ANN has updated its Naruto episode List, listing ep 183 as the supposed end of fillers, but with a note of unconfirmed.

well i checked tvtome and "Inuzuka Kiba's Long Day" is the title for ep 184 so i doubt 183 will b the end and right now i'm starting to believe this whole 2nd season of fillers crap too:( :mad: :(

Cyberdude93
Mon, 04-17-2006, 05:20 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=11911

I'd like to know why everyone seems to have lost hope when Studio Pierrot (well...that Livejournal post) clearly said Spring 2006, and not the April 1st at the start of this topic.

I'm not saying the fillers are going to end soon, but it's not like Studio Pierrot have broken their word yet; Spring ends at the end of May (unless they somehow mean astronomical Spring, which is the end of June). So personally, I'm going to wait until they release 186's title before bitching.

...Although come to think of it, where would that leave the gaiden...

Naruto_Fan
Mon, 04-17-2006, 06:15 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=11911

I'd like to know why everyone seems to have lost hope when Studio Pierrot (well...that Livejournal post) clearly said Spring 2006, and not the April 1st at the start of this topic.

I'm not saying the fillers are going to end soon, but it's not like Studio Pierrot have broken their word yet; Spring ends at the end of May (unless they somehow mean astronomical Spring, which is the end of June). So personally, I'm going to wait until they release 186's title before bitching.

...Although come to think of it, where would that leave the gaiden...

you want to know why? simple because we've seen way too many fillers, people read the manga and know how good it gets, so naturally we want to see the manga stuff animated in color with music and voice...

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-17-2006, 08:40 AM
well i checked tvtome and "Inuzuka Kiba's Long Day" is the title for ep 184 so i doubt 183 will b the end and right now i'm starting to believe this whole 2nd season of fillers crap too:( :mad: :(

well, if you checked the thread were the users post the next episode titles you would have seen the post you quoted has been outdated and proven wrong already

:D

Oh yeah... all this fillers coming to an end remind me of Card Captor Sakura's second intro... how did it start? Oh yeah... "Dreaming, Dreaming" :rolleyes:

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Looks like the end of the fillers is near.

Answer A: The fillers are scheduled next week. After that there will be a four episode Kakashi Gaiden arc, followed by a reanimation of the opening, and new ending animation. This information was received by us about four weeks ago from our sources inside Periot.
Though a second short paragraph makes me weary of this assertion:

Answer B: Did you know that Dattebayo doesn't animate, design, contribute , or have any direct contact of any kind with the people responsible for Naruto? Well, It's true. We have no idea when the filler ends, no idea why they have chosen to do so much filler, and in general the staff doesn't like the filler (there are some exceptions to this).
So right after they say the fillers are set to end, they say they have no idea when they end and have no contact with Periot? I'm a bit confused. Is there something I'm not getting about Dattebayo's FAQ, like, perhaps they posted answer B before answer A? In any case, the idea that the fillers will end in 2 weeks is pretty awesome.

dragonrage
Sun, 04-30-2006, 04:06 PM
@ XanBcoo, sit back relax, and enjoy the new anime titles that are coming out. It's useless to speculate on when the fillers are going to end (if the ever do). Without there being any official word, all you are doing is fustrating yourself and others. It will end when it ends. Personally i don't even care anymore, after a year or so of fillers that are pure shit more or less, it doesn't bother me anymore. Sit back relax, put your feet up and enjoy life outside of Naruto, it is very interesting, filled with alot of possibilities.:D

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-30-2006, 04:19 PM
dragonrage, I hope you didn't just tell me to get a life. I haven't watched Naruto for 6 months. I'm quite capable of enjoying "life outside of Naruto". I am also, however, kinda looking forward to seeing the next story arcs animated. I found the link in another thread, and decided to post it here because, well, it's pretty fucking relevant to the topic. I'm sort of in the habit of posting useful information when it's appropriate, y'know?

Regarding the end of fillers, I'm not speculating and not much speculation is needed. I'm going to go ahead and believe DB's first message because that's around the time the fillers were set to end anyway. The second message just seemed contradictory to me, but I'll assume that it's just a general FAQ regarding DB's information sources and in no way relates to the first paragraph.

So yeah, Naruto fillers are over soon. Kewl.

dragonrage
Sun, 04-30-2006, 04:30 PM
XanBcoo nope, I didn't tell you "to get a life", and yes, you do post very useful information; which i very much enjoy reading. I am also glad to hear that you haven't watched Naruto for the past six months, unfortunately i have. So until there is "Official Word" i am going to take everything else as speculation. And yes their two statements somewhat contradict each other, which is why i reguarded it as speculation. DB isn' t the best source for sound information, do you not agree?

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Despite the fact that they like to pull a lot of jokes, DB's really the only source of information we have. Perhaps I'm wrong to jump at this bit of info, but I decided to post it anyway. We'll see, I guess.

UberSuperHACKER
Mon, 05-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Well I dunno the most vconvincing evidence That they might just vomit out abunch more fillers is that welll.... quick math....

Naruto eps 1-135 contained 131 NON filler episodes (4 eps for Tea poop arc)
and These non filler episodes were created using 238 chapters of manga... Which gives us 238/131 = 1.8 aprox.

So on average you need about 2 weeks of manga for 1 week of naruto.. at least.. but using the 1.8 again, currently there is 304 - 238 = 66 unused chapters of manga, which can create
36 shows...

If The immediatly begin making Naruto episodes again after those 36 shows there would be ~36 new chapters (barring weeks without manga) which gives you 18-20 more episodes which gives you 10 more .. etc etc...

Taking this all into consideration they can make ~70 episodes... But at the end of this they will be DANGEROUSLY close to the manga (even closer.. when they started pumping out these horrible fillers).

So ... inconclusion I figure they are going to
A.) Keep pumping out filler for another half season....
OR
B.) begin placing a filler arc inbetween ALMOST EVERY manga based Arc (Although this is kinda distasteful to think about... if they did it sucessfully... you could have naruto for a LONG time before they would ahve to worry about catching the manga.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Naruto eps 1-135 contained 131 NON filler episodes (4 eps for Tea poop arc)
and These non filler episodes were created using 238 chapters of manga... Which gives us 238/131 = 1.8 aprox.Its 6 episodes of filler btw. You forgot the Kakashi's mask episode, and the episode where Naruto is stealing Tsunade's briefcase for whatever reason on their way back to Konoha.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 05-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Also the episode where Naruto's in a rush to get to the final round of the Chuunin exam, and Konohamaru shows him the shortcut that actually takes longer. That was just filler.

GhostKaGe
Mon, 05-01-2006, 07:35 AM
I've pretty much given up on anime because of the constant Naruto fillers im almost an exclusive manga reader these days. It wouldn't be so bad if the fillers where decent but thats never gonna happen so i think i'll stick to manga from now on

I may change my mind once the fillers are over

Vegechan
Mon, 05-01-2006, 09:15 AM
I think that's a bad policy to take. Sure the fillers suck, but they really only had 3 options.

A) Do what American TV does. Seasons. When a season ends, don't show any episodes. That's right, go about 3, maybe even 6 months of not airing any shows. It works in America.

B) Continue on with the story, but providing a different one than the manga, with help of the original creator. Many anime have done this, going back to Sailor Moon, going to recent ones like Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist. For some anime, it worked. The anime was still successful, and people still bought the manga to see an alternate ending.

C) Create short stories set in the world of Naruto for some time giving the manga a bit to get ahead. Get some ideas from the original creator, or at least run the ideas by him to make sure they don't ruin any continuity. After letting the manga get a very good deal of content, resume telling the manga's story.

Just because you may hate this crappy fillers doesn't mean you should stop watching the anime. Some of the arcs weren't too bad. Surprisingly I actually found myself enjoying the Anko arc. But even then, you could just start watching the anime again when it goes back to the story.

Also, by personal preference, I really can't read manga for action oriented titles. It's just too hard to follow the action. Things that I should be going "awesome" to just don't give off that vibe. I like watching it for the first time because it packs a bigger punch. Some anime I can read the manga for, but for Naruto and Bleach? I'm patiently waiting for the episodes to go back to manga.

UberSuperHACKER
Tue, 05-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Its 6 episodes of filler btw. You forgot the Kakashi's mask episode, and the episode where Naruto is stealing Tsunade's briefcase for whatever reason on their way back to Konoha.
Ahh yeah forgot about Tsunade's briefcase one..but Kakashi's mask wasn't a filer... it was a comic too hah...yeah I know wierd eh? But that does make sense Becuase it was the only thing I would call filler that was good

EternalDarkness
Wed, 05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
um... how can u tell if the show is a filler? is like the ep. were narutos team trys to find out whats under kakashi's face mask?

EternalDarkness
Wed, 05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
nvm didnt see last post but still how can u tell if its a filler

Narasho
Wed, 05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
If the content in the episode was not content taken from the manga, then it is a filler. Huge plot differences is one example, or episodes where nothing plot related occurs.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-04-2006, 01:02 PM
An intressting point about fillers though, is that many of you wouldn't know they were showing fillers if the manga readers hadn't told you. You all would have just been commenting on how bad Naruto had gotten and possibly dropped the series, not having any hope for a good storyline to return.

Somehting i'm curious about is why is telling someone what didn't happen in the manga not considered a spoiler. Not that I want it to be, but to play Devil's Advocate, isn't the point of banning spoilers supposed to be to keep the anime separate from the manga. If that's the case then the term filler is meaningless, as the anime just has episodes the manga does't have. However would you all still care about Naruto after this much crap if you didn't know there was a manga and that the show wasn't following the manga anymore?

IFHTT
Thu, 05-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Well the only thing keeping a lot of people even interested in the show is the aspect that someday it will move back to the storyline and wholesome Naruto goodness can be experienced once again.

But at the same time I think that if there was no knowledge of what is and isn't actually storyline material then we wouldn't have been as disappointed with the filler as we are. We'd have just been like "What the hell happened to this show?".

I can safely say though, that if there was no knowledge of filler and storyline progression, and no manga to compensate for the lack thereof that I'd have dropped this show long ago.

Vegechan
Thu, 05-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I agree with Fing. If I didn't know about the fillers, I would have dropped Naruto a long time ago. I mean, it's been more than a year, and nothing critial has happened, at all. It's just been a ton of short stories. The only person who got a new ability was Hinata, and I don't know if she'll still have it come non-fillers.

What they should have done is introduced a new villan. Actually show progression through a story, rather than a ton of little short ones. I think that wouold have made it a bit more beleivable than what we got instead.

wellzy4eva
Thu, 05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
My greatest fear is still that the whole Rurouni Kenshin incident happens again (Rurouni Kenshin controversy wikipedia source) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rurouni_Kenshin#Jinchu_Arc_controversy) and we never get it animated, or they rush it to try to get to the exciting bits in a bid to win back fans...

At least no one is falling for the speculation that the Anime company haven't even acquired the licencing rights for part 2 yet...

Personally, I'm trying my hardest not to give up and go to the Manga after downloading Naruto manga Chapters 01-255 (Part one is upto chapter 237) and having it already there...:mad:

How long is everyone else gonna hold out for? Considering they did make a new OP as well...

Dave :)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Honestly, if OP wasn't new episodes right now, and all three series(Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) were in fillers at the same time, I'd have given up on anime all together by now.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 05-05-2006, 04:02 AM
Currently I'm not watching Naruto, because I don't want these horrible fillers to scramble my brains.. Instead I just rewatch the Chuunin exam arc etc. to remind me that Naruto was cool.. and I keep my hopes up knowing that the post-filler storyline has enormous potential and that people here say that it is really cool..

With Bleach and Naruto being raped by fillers I can luckily survive with One Piece and some other ('older') series.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 05-05-2006, 04:52 AM
Perfect timing. I'm glad to see Naruto going back to real episodes just as I'm getting out of college for the summer. Good stuff is ahead.

BioAlien
Fri, 05-05-2006, 05:53 AM
since they use a new OP, i can see 2 thing:

1- the filler will remain for 1 whole season( around 25 episode ) because it is almost alway like that when they do a new intro.

2- they will make a new Intro, but will keep the same song, that a bit more rare, but it is posible (i seriously hope for this one)

but if they do not stop the filler within 8 episode(2 month), i stop watching Naruto for ever, and start reading the manga instead.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Actually 2 isn't so rare. They've done it to almost every opening so far. All the way back to
Haruka Kanata changing to show Sakura cutting her hair off.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 05-05-2006, 03:12 PM
For what I've seen ot the new intro and ED it looks quite simple to change the 'sprites' to the older versions..since the characters aren't really interacting with the background..

But there is no clue at all when the fillers will stop, right?

And I don't want to START thinking about what'll happen when the next arc (not the filler) is finished.. since the manga isn't that far ahead by then..

BioAlien
Fri, 05-05-2006, 03:22 PM
And I don't want to START thinking about what'll happen when the next arc (not the filler) is finished.. since the manga isn't that far ahead by then..

there will be another filler arc.. lol

RyougaZell
Fri, 05-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Perfect timing. I'm glad to see Naruto going back to real episodes just as I'm getting out of college for the summer. Good stuff is ahead.

Err... what are you talking about man?

So far up to ep 186 we will still have fillers. There has been no more episode titles revealed yet.

Kraco
Fri, 05-05-2006, 04:03 PM
there will be another filler arc.. lol

Well, even in that case it would at least be a little different, when things would have changed, people would be older, possibly new people in; allies and villains (though I don't know since I don't read the manga). So, the fillers would have a different starting point. If the fillers continue now for another season, then it will mean more of the exact same stuff we have been fed for the past year.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 05-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Somebody else will escape form ninja jail -- just to make the fillers even dumber.

Deadfire
Tue, 05-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Well to look at it this way Fillers started at 136 (seems like a long time ago) currently we are at 183 so

183 - 136 = 47

So we have had 47 eps of filler. now most seasons in Japan last for about 22-26 eps (I'm thinking it's 24-26 for this show however I have been wrong before) so that means to have 2 Full seasons of filler we have about 44-52 eps. If they are only doing 2 Seasons of fillers that means this last arc will (hopefully) be it. Although he have all known that these fillers defy logic, so don't take my word for it. I just want this to end so we can stop getting these stupid "when fillers will end" threads we seem to get every day

Rhanfahl
Tue, 05-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Maybe Naruto the anime will just stay a complete deviation from the manga from now on like an OVA. Perhaps "filler" as we know it is just the alternate universe story so manga readers can have their graphic intensity and kids can have their...well shit. Two stories out of one series. Seems like good marketing to me, that way the obsessed fanboys have to get both when they come out!

Well, whatever...now that there are 6 year olds running around my neighborhood with konoha hachigane...I've lost interest.

Anime is too mainstream now, and as well all know, when too many people become involved in the making of something, quality is lost. Yeah, there's still some good stuff, but there has been three times as much smegma for each decent series.

Edort4
Tue, 05-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Anime and manga have been mainstream on Japan for 20 years and they still make good things. I dont know how the quality can be affected because more people from other countries watch more anime now. Its true that those new countries make their own anime-like cartoons that are shit but thats another thing.

Kraco
Tue, 05-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah. While I'm guilty of it sometimes, myself, still I don't generally think something being appreciated by the larger audience makes it worse by necessity. I certainly didn't start to watch anime because few people over here do (far less than in the US).

And like Edort said, anime has been very popular in Japan for a long time. And I doubt they much care how popular it is, or is not, elsewhere (although they probably don't mind the extra money from licenses). They make anime for themselves. Just like Americans make all those live action TV series for themselves, and people elsewhere just happen to like some of them enough to also watch them.

Board of Command
Tue, 05-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Well to look at it this way Fillers started at 136 (seems like a long time ago) currently we are at 183 so

183 - 136 = 47

There's a high probability that 188 will be the end of fillers they follow the 26-per-season. 188 is the farthest airing date announced, and it is indeed a filler based on the title.

BioAlien
Tue, 05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
ya.. we can hope for the end of the filler at 188... but like many others.. i think the fillers will never... NEVER end

David Craft
Tue, 05-23-2006, 08:29 PM
lets hope not but I know where your comming from... yar....

Maverick-DBZ-
Thu, 05-25-2006, 01:23 PM
ya.. we can hope for the end of the filler at 188... but like many others.. i think the fillers will never... NEVER end

Oh come on bud you know that's not true. Nothing lasts forever and in this case I'm glad that's true. :D

BioAlien
Thu, 05-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh come on bud you know that's not true. Nothing lasts forever and in this case I'm glad that's true. :D

wanna bet your life on that?

Maverick-DBZ-
Thu, 05-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I know you were being sarcastic or do you really think this is going to last forever!? LOL :p

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-25-2006, 11:34 PM
If the show gets cancelled before the fillers end, then he'd be right.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 05-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Anime does not usually compare well to their manga counterpart, even great Anime such as GTO is still pale in comparison to the manga version. That being said Naruto could've been a much better series if they done the pacing better, honestly i don't think the american public affect Naruto in anyways considering the rate at which they show episode, it will be another 5 year before naruto even reach this point and by then the story will be over and done for. This long stretch of filler was due to lack of good pacing or they started the series too early on and the manga didn't get a good enough lead, take anime like One Piece, it is currently on episode 265 and manga is up to chapter 411 but there been roughly 40 episode of filler at best, and even then then filler doesn't even feel like filler, Naruto on the other hand is at chapter 308 in the manga while the anime is episode 186 and there has been roughly 50 episode of filler and about 45 of them is bad due to the fact that they hire idiots and subpar animator. In anycase they might try to finish off this arc before they get the anime back on track, either the manga is plan to end soon or Kishimoto is forced to end the manga soon and keep the anime from becoming a horrible pile of crap or he might decide to not care about what happen to the anime and just continue the storyline and we'll get another year worth of filler.

Narasho
Sat, 05-27-2006, 12:28 PM
take anime like One Piece, it is currently on episode 265 and manga is up to chapter 411 but there been roughly 40 episode of filler at best, and even then then filler doesn't even feel like filler,

That's because 40 filler episodes out of 265 is a much lower ratio than 60 out of 185, and we have had 51 straight filler episodes. So, they seem alot worse than they would otherwise. I do agree that the quality of the Naruto fillers is ridiculously low.

Shippou-sama
Mon, 05-29-2006, 05:56 PM
So wait, Naruto is still in filler? Jeez!!

Here I thought forgetting about if since August would have given the show plenty of time.

BioAlien
Mon, 05-29-2006, 07:43 PM
if the filler keep going like that, i bet most fansubber will stop subbing Naruto because of the big crap the filler is

my prediction : Filler will last another FULL year, and then the show will get cancelled for having a crappy audiance of 2 people (the people inside the TV station who have to watch it) lol

Naruto_Fan
Tue, 05-30-2006, 06:53 AM
if the filler keep going like that, i bet most fansubber will stop subbing Naruto because of the big crap the filler is

my prediction : Filler will last another FULL year, and then the show will get cancelled for having a crappy audiance of 2 people (the people inside the TV station who have to watch it) lol

doubt it but a similar scenario is possible as in not exaclty another year's worth of fillers but i would guess maybe 1~4 more...

SaSuKeRuLeS
Tue, 05-30-2006, 07:30 AM
toooooooooo many shitty episodes with crappy animation and plot holes, HELP!

ryderhavoc
Tue, 05-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Look, since they are still pre-timeskip in the movie 3 then the fillers are more than likely going to continue until after the movie is out so that the movie may stay in synch with the series. I believe the movie comes out in August so chances are we have 2 more months of fillers and hopefully they end shortly after the movie is released.

BioAlien
Tue, 05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
movie and filler have nothing to do with the story line (movie are just filler buy longer)

so they are not supose to stay un synch with the serie

and anyway if they realy do that.. filler will at least last until the movie 3 is released (since in the small trailer they are still pre-timeskip)

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Look, since they are still pre-timeskip in the movie 3 then the fillers are more than likely going to continue until after the movie is out so that the movie may stay in synch with the series. I believe the movie comes out in August so chances are we have 2 more months of fillers and hopefully they end shortly after the movie is released.
This makes a lot of sense. Even though the movies have nothing to do with the series, it would be strange of them to have moved on past the time skip in the anime, and then release a movie starring the younger versions of all the characters.

Kraco
Tue, 05-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah. Unfortunately it kind of makes sense. It's a different thing compared to, say, for example releasing a movie with a character that already walked away in the series. Or even died. The time jump basically partially writes anew the whole set of characters, makes the series probably look and work quite differently.

BioAlien
Tue, 05-30-2006, 05:08 PM
so what your saying, is they wont do the time jump until all they crappy movie are out on DVD, is that it?

Kraco
Tue, 05-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Well, I'm not really saying anything. I just can see how the theory might have some credit to it. However, it's hard to image the studio boss wouldn't have known the movie will be released in the autumn, not spring, when he told when the fillers would be ending. Thus I'm perhaps more inclined to think they don't necessarily have any totally fixed reason for continuing or discontinuing with the fillers.

And even if it was the movie, it'd more likely be after the theatrical release, not the DVD release half a year or more later. DVDs are basically meant to be eternal selling items, while movies in theaters are only there intensively for some time, and then later on every now and then, perhaps. So, it hardly matters when a DVD is released.

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-30-2006, 06:01 PM
This reminds me of CCS first movie.

CCS aired up to certain ep, where Sakura & Co ended the school year and went to vacations.

Then the Movie took place (when the series took a month of vacation)

Then the series re-started with Sakura returning to school, and showing the Card she captured on the movie.

When is the damn 3rd Naruto Movie showing? after ep 200?

Animeniax
Wed, 05-31-2006, 12:35 AM
B*tch b*tch whine moan. Wow you kids like to complain a lot about the quality of free stuff.

I'm pretty new to the world of Naruto, but I appreciate every episode and half-hour of entertainment that I've gotten from Naruto for the past few months, and all for FREE. Do you people think it's easy to make anime? All of this complaining about "fillers" is disgusting and pathetic. These "fillers" give us a look at other characters and situations that you wouldn't get in a normal story arc. They are a good way to lighten the mood between some dark and troubling storylines. Or would you rather have them go from fighting one super villain to the next without any breaks in between?

Yes I agree the quality of the "fillers" could be better, but all of this whining is just unbearable. Appreciate Naruto for what it's given us, and quit being such a bunch of babies.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-31-2006, 03:18 AM
Do you people think it's easy to make anime?

Do you honestly believe that we care about what Mr. "HAY I JUST REGISTRED 2 TEL U ALL WAT I THINK ABOUT THIS CUZ MY OPINION IZ SO MUCH BETTR THAN URS" #8142842, i.e you, think?

masamuneehs
Wed, 05-31-2006, 05:55 AM
... i actually liked that new guy's post...

No, obviously I've seen too many people's loudly voiced opinions on Naruto, fillers and general, to really care what some stranger has to say... but I've often felt a similiar reaction to "0h go$h plzz make f1lerrs stop!1" posts. Critiscizing certain aspects, saying where you think they can improve, that's one thing. Bitching for the sake of blowing off hot air on the other...

People, by nature, take for granted what they have. However, what we've had recently with Naruto is a steaming pile and apparently half-assed attempts at this so called 'insight into characters' (everything we've seen more of in fillers has basically been established beforehand) So I suppose I both understand what the new kid has to say and still retain my firm disdain for the majority of the fillers.

new guy could have used some more tact...

edit - obviously my opinion, as long-winded and diplomaticaly worded as it is, is just another log on the flames and I would just like to thank whoever actually takes the time to read and consider what I often write. while it is just the opinion of one person I do put thought and effort into it to communicate as best I can and maybe stir some thought and conversation in others. Sometimes though I feel like an orator, more so than any one member of a forum should have the right to be.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Do you people think it's easy to make anime?Yeah, pretty much.

Darth Arrow
Wed, 05-31-2006, 07:26 AM
When is the damn 3rd Naruto Movie showing? after ep 200?

Premiere date in Japan is 5th of August so you can count from there. :)

XanBcoo
Wed, 05-31-2006, 07:51 AM
These "fillers" give us a look at other characters and situations that you wouldn't get in a normal story arc.
Any halfway decent anime should already have covered all you need to know about the side characters. Anything else is just someone else's (as in, someone besides the original author's) take on the series, which in a lot of cases, is either wrong, or executed very poorly. A fanfic with a high budget, if you will. At any rate, most of the filler hasn't been about side characters. It's been about Naruto. Using the Rasengan and farting. Over. And over.

They are a good way to lighten the mood between some dark and troubling storylines. Or would you rather have them go from fighting one super villain to the next without any breaks in between?
What you just described is acceptable filler material. A short break in between canon material to buy a small amount of time and offer a light-hearted episode to fill that time. That's not what this filler is, however. You know it. In fact, most of the filler thusfar has been as you say: seeing them "go from fighting one super villain to the next". I actually enjoy the shorter filler arcs (like the Kakashi mask one, or the one about the Lee/Gai impersonators) every once in a while. But we've been putting up with crap like the Baka Brothers, Raiga, and the Hoshikage for over a year now. That gives us few options:

1. To stop watching (as I and many others have)
2. To continue watching the filler, keeping a critical opinion of what you are watching (as any intelligent anime viewer might).
3. Watch bad filler and accept it just because it's "Naruto". I personally find that to be a far less mature way of going about this situation. However, it's probably not as bad as 4. To bitch, moan, and yell "OMG FILLERZ SUCK". So I agree with you in that respect, I think. Just don't tell us to sit back and accept the scraps we're thrown.

I'm pretty anxious to see what happens after the time-jump, not to watch Naruto pander to kiddies who will gobble up every retarded episode they get.

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-31-2006, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't mind this fillers if they didn't have Naruto in every damn episode doing his Sakura-cosplay -> "Sasuke-kun where are you!!"

LOL

Darth Arrow:
Hmmm....
Ep 191 begins in June... until August 5th is about... 9 weeks... lol... yes... Ep 200.

XanBcoo:
I've readed better fanfics, hehe.

Darth Arrow
Wed, 05-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Hmmm.... Ep 191 begins in June... until August 5th is about... 9 weeks... lol... yes... Ep 200.
Well, new season should begin somewhere around ep 208 (at least if you count season as 26 eps as usual) so let's hope they get back with the storyline no later than then. (and I hope AonE catches up with the show during the summer :p )

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Didn't the season start at ep 178 based on the new opening?

Darth Arrow
Wed, 05-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Didn't the season start at ep 178 based on the new opening?
Well, in that case the next season should begin at ep 204 (again assuming that the season is 26 eps long), I've been waiting for AonE's subs so I don't know if the opening has changed.

Carnage
Wed, 05-31-2006, 03:34 PM
B*tch b*tch whine moan. Wow you kids like to complain a lot about the quality of free stuff.

I'm pretty new to the world of Naruto, but I appreciate every episode and half-hour of entertainment that I've gotten from Naruto for the past few months, and all for FREE. Do you people think it's easy to make anime? All of this complaining about "fillers" is disgusting and pathetic. These "fillers" give us a look at other characters and situations that you wouldn't get in a normal story arc. They are a good way to lighten the mood between some dark and troubling storylines. Or would you rather have them go from fighting one super villain to the next without any breaks in between?

Yes I agree the quality of the "fillers" could be better, but all of this whining is just unbearable. Appreciate Naruto for what it's given us, and quit being such a bunch of babies.

I agree its annoying to always read people bitching about "OMFG FILLERS ARE TEH SUXORZ!" when they can just stop watching (thats what I did). I personally would rather have them stop the show for a while than show something shitty that will ruin the series. I think what they're throwing at us is infact worse than nothing. And anything we learn about the characters is not from Kishimoto, so we're not really learning anything about their TRUE character. But I do agree its annoying at this point to here people whine and complain just to let out the anger. There are other animes to fill our time with and we can just spend time on them instead (e.g. OnePiece).What I am a little cranky about is that I haven't seen a decent ep. of Naruto in a year and there's still going to be a couple of months before I do.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 05-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure this is in the forums somewhere but can anyone suggest a good torrent site? I started watching Bleach instead of Naruto but since that has hit fillers as well need to move on. Oh yea, and with the torrent site a list of good anime's to watch would be nice.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I agree its annoying to always read people bitching about "OMFG FILLERS ARE TEH SUXORZ!" when they can just stop watching (thats what I did).

So you are saying that just because we watch it, we can't bitch about it's suckiness?

What do you guys want us to do, pretend we like it?

Because apparently it isn't annoying to read praise..?

Edort4
Wed, 05-31-2006, 05:28 PM
I cant stand people that bitches and complains about people that bitch and whine about fillers. We could be going on forever like this...

You dont have to pay a shit to argue about something, criticize it or even whine. Did you pay to criticize the criticizes of this forum users?

Most of the people here whine and bitch about these fillers because they like the real naruto show. This last year wasnt the real naruto, it made a downfall in the series quality. If its something we like its just common sense to be mad seeing how they're butchering the series. Some other people just ate all the shit thats given to them and say: oh its naruto! it must be good whatever it is...

So if I have to choose between the bitching babies (with arguments) or the "naruto" fanatics I chose to bitch as long as this crap fillers are made.

Have a nice day :cool:

DB_hunter: I usually use animesuki page to get all my torrents if it hasnt been licensed.

Carnage
Wed, 05-31-2006, 06:20 PM
So you are saying that just because we watch it, we can't bitch about it's suckiness?

What do you guys want us to do, pretend we like it?

Because apparently it isn't annoying to read praise..?

My point is, if you dont like it, dont watch it. Unless you can make a laugh out of it (which I know you've done). But otherwise, why would you watch it if you think it sucks so much.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Hell if I know why people watch it, I do because I love the series at it's core and because I have nothing better to do. Nontheless I am going to bitch until the world ends if I feel the episodes deserve it.

I don't know what people complaining about complainers are hoping to accomplish. They are not only hypocrites, they are also incapable of realizing how hilarious it looks since a new person just like them posts every month, and their words don't change shit.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 05-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Cheers Edort... I don't what it is but I had forgotten about that site I used to visit like 10 times a day last year. Also I remebered about box torrents as well.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-01-2006, 04:11 AM
Terra hit the nail on the head. The only thing more annoying than people bitching about how crappy fillers are, is the people bitching about those people. Who, congrats btw, have managed to fill the entire last page.

I agree its annoying to always read people bitching about "OMFG FILLERS ARE TEH SUXORZ!" when they can just stop watching (thats what I did). I can't begin to fathom the type of psyche that doesn't watch the a show anymore, but continues to read individual episode discussion threads about that show.

And then complains because people are giving their opinions on the quality of the episode. It's a discussion thread, people are supposed to say what they thought of the episode. If it sucked, they should damn well say it sucked. People bitching about the crappiness of the fillers isn't whats getting old, it's the crappiness of the fillers that's long since gotten old.

saman
Thu, 06-01-2006, 03:51 PM
so, erm, 16 filler weeks left? did i miss something, or is db just being presumptuous again?

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 06-01-2006, 04:07 PM
i would think that DB is jokin around again like they usually do...

remember like infinity weeks remaining, e^99999 weeks remaining, etc..?

basically, the answer is that no one knows for sure. but we're all gettin a feeling that it'll definitly end within an 1~3 more epi because summer starts really soon and in that oh so famous interview, they hinted at naruto "grown up part" (i.e. part 2) starting at the end of spring (i.e. beginning of summer).

also, we dont even know if ____ gaiden will be put into it. if they do plan on doing it, then next week or the week (....6/7 or 6/14) has to be the last epi for filler so they can at least start _____ gaiden on 6/21 (i.e. summer officially begins). _____ gaiden will probably last 2 epi (i.e. cover 3 chapters per epi) and then they'll hopefully move on to the part 2 episodes...

BUT

then again, this is what i'm assuming based on feelings, the interview, and the fact that summer officially begins on 6/21...

Referencing the gaiden is a spoiler. Since this was established at least half a year ago and people are still doing it, I'm going to start increasing the warn % of each occurence.

ChibiYali
Thu, 06-01-2006, 04:27 PM
However, none of the filler titles that have come out so far even remotely hint at a de-fillerising of Naruto..

I'll still keep my hopes up for next season.. and then cross my fingers and pray that they won't screw the story up even more ^.^

bxgreatone87
Thu, 06-01-2006, 05:23 PM
You really cant go by anything they say ether from what they have said in meeting or what they say at the end of each episode. Correct me if im wrong but they first said fillers will end in may and isnt it june. Till they actually say this is the absolute last filler and the preview for the next show is actually about the main story do not bring your hopes up. Anyway the 16weeks is the best we got atm so if you really need something to get you going then look at that for hope cause if again im not mistaken that will almost mark another 26episodes since they changed the intro and end maybe that will be the new ones and thus the begining of the real story again. If you like i do dont really think this is the truth just forget about complaining and ride it out like the rest of us got to we are all in this together if you like it or not.

Carnage
Fri, 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Terra hit the nail on the head. The only thing more annoying than people bitching about how crappy fillers are, is the people bitching about those people. Who, congrats btw, have managed to fill the entire last page.

I can't begin to fathom the type of psyche that doesn't watch the a show anymore, but continues to read individual episode discussion threads about that show.

Are you talking about me? I've only posted in one-to-two individual episode topics since the fillers began. And I wasnt saying people cant express what they think about the episode, just that its annoying when you see a post and all it has is something along the lines of "O2MFG Tis EpiSOde SUCKED!"

dellthx
Sat, 06-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Since the fillers have been on for quite a long time, I just look forward to good funny fillers. Something really stupid but you can get a good laugh out of it. Like the filler with the postman ninja, or the chef ninja. I find myself watching those over and over again. For me the frustration of waiting for it to end, has passed. Though I do know when ever it starts up again, it will be something so good, that maybe it will be worth the wait.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-04-2006, 01:44 AM
And I wasnt saying people cant express what they think about the episode, just that its annoying when you see a post and all it has is something along the lines of "O2MFG Tis EpiSOde SUCKED!"What if that's what they think about the episode though? Especially when you take out the l33tspeak which I don't remember anyone actually using. If they think "This episode sucked!" then thats what I expect them to say.

Animeniax
Sun, 06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Since the fillers have been on for quite a long time, I just look forward to good funny fillers. Something really stupid but you can get a good laugh out of it. Like the filler with the postman ninja, or the chef ninja. I find myself watching those over and over again. For me the frustration of waiting for it to end, has passed. Though I do know when ever it starts up again, it will be something so good, that maybe it will be worth the wait.

I'm with you. Some of the fillers are forgettable but there are some that are well worth watching, and that's partly my point. We're getting all of this free entertainment and people are bad mouthing it because it doesn't meet their "standards". I remember watching episode 158 subbed by DB and these clever folk write at the end of the start theme, "Nothing happens in this episode worth seeing. We're sorry". But this is one of the funnier episodes I'd seen in a while and had lots of great moments to add to the Naruto story. Sure I'd like to see them get back to the main storyline too, but I'm not going to whine and complain about these episodes because they add their own contribution to make watching Naruto as enjoyable as it is.

I read your replies to my first post and here's an answer to the main points:

So who's worse, the complainer, someone who complains about complainers, or someone who complains about someone else who complained about complainers? Its a vicious cycle really.

Who came up with the ridiculous term "filler" anyway? I guess it's something that happens to any anime series that strays from the main storyline, but it's sad to see people stop supporting a great series just because it's hit hard times. Stick with the show and the good times can return. If you stop supporting the show, they definitely never will.

Kraco
Sun, 06-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Who came up with the ridiculous term "filler" anyway?

There's nothing ridiculous about the term. It's an exact word describing how these episodes fill the void between the end of the manga based main story and the beginning of the next stretch of the main story.

Darth Arrow
Sun, 06-04-2006, 01:43 PM
But this is one of the funnier episodes I'd seen in a while and had lots of great moments to add to the Naruto story.

Lemme ask you, what the hell does it add to the Naruto story to watch 25minutes of Naruto getting lost in the storm with the kiddies or throwing shit over two "imposers"? I too admit that I've had a few good laughs to these ep's, but that's more because they are so.. crappy! Not that they would really be funny. But then, people have different opinions in what's funny and what's not, my younger brother seems to laugh at the filler jokes too, though I'm mostly annoyed by them.

Stick with the show and the good times can return. If you stop supporting the show, they definitely never will.

I'm not sure if u meant this, but what I think you're saying is that filler's never end if people just abandon the series? Well, I'm sure that the makers of Naruto anime don't give a shit (and probably don't even know about) how many people watch FANSUBBED Naruto ep's. Even if everyone stopped watching Naruto fansubs till the fillers end, that wouldn't change a thing. It's the Japanese audience they're worried about, and I'm sure show has lost many fans just because fillers are mostly crap.

I agree with you in that it's starting to get ridiculous when people just whine about the "quality" of filler ep's. Like, come on! Fillers have continued, what, like six months now! It shouldn't be suprise to anyone anymore that they're quality is pretty low. I think it's pretty stupid to go to make a post only to say that "this filler ep really sucked" when most of them do and it's no news anymore!

Naruto_Fan
Sun, 06-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Lemme ask you, what the hell does it add to the Naruto story to watch 25minutes of Naruto getting lost in the storm with the kiddies or throwing shit over two "imposers"? I too admit that I've had a few good laughs to these ep's, but that's more because they are so.. crappy! Not that they would really be funny. But then, people have different opinions in what's funny and what's not, my younger brother seems to laugh at the filler jokes too, though I'm mostly annoyed by them.

I'm not sure if u meant this, but what I think you're saying is that filler's never end if people just abandon the series? Well, I'm sure that the makers of Naruto anime don't give a shit (and probably don't even know about) how many people watch FANSUBBED Naruto ep's. Even if everyone stopped watching Naruto fansubs till the fillers end, that wouldn't change a thing. It's the Japanese audience they're worried about, and I'm sure show has lost many fans just because fillers are mostly crap.

I agree with you in that it's starting to get ridiculous when people just whine about the "quality" of filler ep's. Like, come on! Fillers have continued, what, like six months now! It shouldn't be suprise to anyone anymore that they're quality is pretty low. I think it's pretty stupid to go to make a post only to say that "this filler ep really sucked" when most of them do and it's no news anymore!

actually, it's been over a year considering that the filler epi started in early may around epi 135 i believe. it's now early june so it's been about a year and a week or so since fillers started.

it's true and understandable that the anime studio doesnt really care about the fansub groups nor do they care about the many people around the world who watch the fansubbed episodes because studio pierrot most likely is interested in how the japanese people (in japan) react to each epi. with such super low quality epi where the characters in the series lookin like such fools and downgraded their skills, and the high chance that a big chunk of the japanese audience in japan who probably just gave up on naruto~

i'm sure that they realize how bad the show is right now and that if fillers continue, eventually the show will have to be cancelled.

they don't ever want that, especially with a series that is popular all over the world. i'm sure they realize the potential amount of profits they can gain if they stop with the fillers (soon) and give us good epis.

i dont know if u guys realize this, but maybe they're doing fillers to increase the # of dvd's in the series. i mean eventually, they're gonna release em all on dvd's. that's alot of money that they'd be pretty much stealing from us..

basically, i would have to assume that the fillers should be ending on the 14th or 21st because 6/21 officially is the beginning of the summer. and they did talk about the grown up naruto thing bein in anime form at the end of the spring/beginning of the summer so...yea

if they keep on doin fillers, then we'd have:

a. billions or even trillions of angry naruto fans (as if the naruto anime watchers aren't upset as it with with soo many fillers)
b. evidence that they lied

darkmetal505
Mon, 06-05-2006, 01:31 PM

Welcome to Gotwoot, where we bitch about every little thing.

i dont know if u guys realize this, but maybe they're doing fillers to increase the # of dvd's in the series. i mean eventually, they're gonna release em all on dvd's. that's alot of money that they'd be pretty much stealing from us..

Not from us, we get it free. :)

Maybe they just want to have the manga be way far ahead, since there is a natural break in the story. Does anyone know what chapter the manga was on when the anime originally started? That might give us a hint.

Apraxhren
Mon, 06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know what chapter the manga was on when the anime originally started? That might give us a hint.

The anime started in October 03 of 2002, by that time the manga was around chapter 120 as Volume 14 was released on November 01 of 2002. Volume 14 consisted of chapters 118 to 126. Just as a note; the story ended with episode 135 which correlates with chapter 236 in the manga. The manga is 70 chapters ahead of the anime at this point.

amenasch
Mon, 06-05-2006, 03:25 PM

What about the people who bitch about people who bitch about the people who bitch about fillers?

darkmetal505
Mon, 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM
The anime started in October 03 of 2002, by that time the manga was around chapter 120 as Volume 14 was released on November 01 of 2002. Volume 14 consisted of chapters 118 to 126. Just as a note; the story ended with episode 135 which correlates with chapter 236 in the manga. The manga is 70 chapters ahead of the anime at this point.

Thanks. Currently, the manga is at 309. If they want to be approx 120 chapters ahead, it would be 236 + 120 = 356.

If we are currently at 309, then we have 356-309 = 47 chapters to catch up to.

That would fit the hypothesis for another year of fillers.

Again, this is pure speculation.

Naruto_Fan
Mon, 06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
i for one (including pretty much everyone else here) definitely dred at the possibility that the fillers aren't going to end any time soon (specifically by the time the summer begins which is one 6/21)...

Edort4
Mon, 06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
If we take into consideration the fact that this last chapters are even shorter (15 pages). The difference in chapters may be the same if we have another year of fillers. But the real content difference would be much shorter (20% shorter 4 pages less per chapter).

If they dont do the filler year now in 6 months or less they would catch up with the manga. Japanase tv dont seem to understand the "seasons" meaning so we have 2 choices. Full stop of new episodes release (maybe starting the series from the beging again) or another filler age. Making fillers so close to the real plot is much riskier (and difficult) than doing them now. And because I cant imagine Kishimoto working more (making again 19 pages per chapter) and making less breaks I guess that we will have to suffer another year of fillers.

The only solution that I see is to start making seasons or maybe airing 1 chapter per 2 weeks. But they dont seem to like this ideas they prefer the continuos airing of bad filler crap.

Im very negative about kakashi gaiden starting in june.

Animeniax
Tue, 06-06-2006, 05:13 AM

I thought the following from the episode were hilarious:

-Naruto being insubordinate to the Hokage
-The 5th mocking Naruto about becoming Hokage dattebayo
-Neji and Chouji show their teams some useful tricks, Naruto takes his team to the grocery store then gets them lost
-Each of the members of Naruto's team tries to take the lead, but end up at the same starting point
-Naruto tries the sexy technique and gets clobbered by Iruka
-the kids try the booby technique and Naruto mocks the "as expected from my student" concept
-Naruto is walking up the mountain and the kids are crawling along, then they switch to the correct camera angle and show Naruto using chakra control

It was a good light-hearted episode and definitely had something "worth seeing".

Lefty
Tue, 06-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I have lost almost total intrest in this sereis all together. Until the fillers stop I quit, game over. I'm done with Naruto the anime.

Darth Arrow
Tue, 06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't think you quite got my point there. You talked about fillers adding something to the story of Naruto, and that was the thing I criticized, because in my opinion, they don't add anything to the story. I can understand that you can laugh at these episodes, because peoples sense of humour differs greatly from each other (I'm into more "intelligent" humour, and thus don't like the Naruto fillers style of humour, but I understand some people do). It's good for you if you actually can get fun out of these episodes. That just means that you aren't so dissapointed with the fillers as I am.

Narasho
Tue, 06-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't think you quite got my point there. You talked about fillers adding something to the story of Naruto, and that was the thing I criticized, because in my opinion, they don't add anything to the story.

Anyone who says that Naruto fillers add something to the story of Naruto should be shot on the spot.

BioAlien
Tue, 06-06-2006, 11:22 PM
the filler don't add anything to the story.

so how much filler work are remaining? probably when school start again...

ps.. WOOO 666 post! im the devil! lol too bad i didn't made it 24 min ago, it would have happen the 06/06/06 heh

Kraco
Wed, 06-07-2006, 03:01 AM
Anyone who says that Naruto fillers add something to the story of Naruto should be shot on the spot.

Even risking being shot on the spot I claim they did add something to the story: Hinata dancing naked under the waterfall!

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/880/underwaterfall0ec.jpg

BioAlien
Wed, 06-07-2006, 04:19 AM
too bad they made hinata all black during that scene

Lefty
Wed, 06-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Even risking being shot on the spot I claim they did add something to the story: Hinata dancing naked under the waterfall!

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/880/underwaterfall0ec.jpg

Thats not even close to making up the hours of pain and suffering i have gone through because of this crap.

Gen
Wed, 06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
We did get a little backstory on Anko and um.. erm..um.

BioAlien
Wed, 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
We did get a little backstory on Anko and um.. erm..um.

ya right, and it ended with the badguy transforming into a human fish

BakaDave
Wed, 06-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Well naruto did establish that the rasengan was a cheap and overly used technique. :)

BioAlien
Wed, 06-07-2006, 07:12 PM
haha yeah, that was one good part

Assertn
Wed, 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
yikes...is it just me or is it getting a little pedophilliac in here? :eek:

BioAlien
Thu, 06-08-2006, 12:48 AM
pedophilliac? can it realy be called like that when most of us are under 18...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-08-2006, 01:48 AM
I dunno, If your like 15-17, considering that she's 11, I'd say is still pretty pedophilactic.

Course, it's probably worth the jailtime to turn that on its head.

Dark Shroud
Thu, 06-08-2006, 02:15 AM
There fifteen after the 3 year jump, so that would mean she's 11 maybe 12. Either way she's still jail bait.

Now if they at least get past the three year training arc and past a few chapters into when he's returned from training then I could live with more fillers. But another year of this current stuff... remember that murder is illegal.

Now shocking as it may be 187 & 188 were actually good. But that still doesn't make up for the total amount of garbage they've come up with. We don't even get fan service.

BioAlien
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:58 AM
i bet they will actually make filler on the 3 years training, and most of it will be jiraiya spying on women, also, since it is 3 years of training, 3 years of filler! :p -> :) -> :o -> :confused: -> :(

msmush
Thu, 06-08-2006, 06:18 AM
:confused: three years of fillers? . -not cool.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-08-2006, 02:16 PM
We've already had six, right? whats another 3?

BioAlien
Thu, 06-08-2006, 04:51 PM
haha, Heretic.

lets just hope DB is right about the 15 week remaining of filler.

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 06-08-2006, 05:30 PM
haha, Heretic.

u mean lets hope that they are wrong and there are less than 15 weeks left...:D :D

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm hoping that here's what happened.

"Allright, we got an entire pile of scripts for filler arcs here. Man, these all suck. Except this one with the Nano country, it doesn't totally suck. Guess we'll put that one last and go out on a least low note."

Deadfire
Fri, 06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
haha, Heretic.

When have they been right before? They are just egging us on as another one of their stupid pranks. Giving us false hope and causing them to get attention out of it.

It seems to be working.

Zidarri the Exile
Sat, 06-10-2006, 04:11 AM
15 more episodes? Jesus Christ. I was so patient until April 1st, and then this crap.

April - May - June - July - August - September is when 15 weeks are up.

Naruto_Fan
Sat, 06-10-2006, 06:27 AM
i hope the fillers end within like 3 more episodes...seriously, i don't wanna spend my entire summer's worth of naruto anime watching flowers, ramen, curry, rice, etc...

Zidarri the Exile
Sat, 06-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Or retards who use a 'star' to increase their Chakra.Or funerals where you can't laugh. Blah.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Hmm, it occurs to me that what they may be waiting for to end the fillers is for the current manga arc to end. I've heard they are still only on their first arc after sasuke chase arc. Maybe they want to be certain they don't catch up again before at least one arc is over, so they are waiting for it to be concluded.

Assertn
Sat, 06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Hmm, it occurs to me that what they may be waiting for to end the fillers is for the current manga arc to end. I've heard they are still only on their first arc after sasuke chase arc. Maybe they want to be certain they don't catch up again before at least one arc is over, so they are waiting for it to be concluded.

Nah, they just finished 2 arcs + the gaiden.

Naruto_Fan
Mon, 06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
so the manga has now progressed about 2.5 arcs (.5 because gaiden was like only 6 chapters)...

i think it's about time the anime should start showing manga-related epi instead of filler. i mean seriously, it's way past due.

but sadly, there's gonna be more and more filler epi. according to ANN, this week's epi is the last of the flower ninja arc stuff, then we're gettin something that has to do with shino for an epi, and then another with ino...

Naruto_Fan
Wed, 06-21-2006, 08:14 AM
oh well, more fillers..

ANN updates~

2006-06-21
Epi 190 Byakugan Saw It! The Magnet User's Blind Spot

2006-06-28
Epi 191 Shino Yokoku "Kumori Tokidoki Hare"

2006-07-05
Epi 192 Ino screams! Chubby Paradise

2006-07-12
Epi 193 Viva, Training group challenge

2006-07-12
Epi 194 Grotesque, The cursed ghost castle

msmush
Wed, 06-21-2006, 08:32 AM
:| gark. the grotesque, the cursed ghost castle looks like its going to be a loooong crappy filler story.
i've given up on fillers.
although the INO screams CHUBBY paradise loooks somewhat interesting :)

miyama_ryu
Wed, 06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I agree! Let hope its at least better than the last ghost episode.

Ino screams! Chubby Paradise.....LOL looks like Chouji finally scored!:D

Scale
Tue, 06-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Ages back i stopped watching naruto cuz it just got to boring,
but im wondering where i left off and if anything worth watching happened in the mean time.

Ill not try and describe where i left off might contain spoilers.

Last thing i remember seeing is with rock lee eating some hot curry and some kid with some power that was togheter with a bad guy who controlled lighting.

Hope neone knows which episode that was and when it got interesting to watch again.

Cheers Scale.

Apraxhren
Tue, 06-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Sounds like Episode 157. As to when it got interesting well thats a matter of personal preference.

Genma
Tue, 06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, the curry of life filler was episode 157, meaning you probably left off on 158.

I'll warn you now that most of the episodes aren't very good, though.

edit: someone beat me to it. D: