PDA

View Full Version : If Naruto doesn't have any family how can his name be Uzumaki Naruto?

rjkiller
Wed, 02-07-2007, 06:50 AM
I realy dont know so can someone explain it

Koyuki
Wed, 02-07-2007, 12:50 PM
If your parents die, do you lose your family name?

Sapphire
Wed, 02-07-2007, 01:35 PM
He wasn't badass enough to not have a last name like Garaa or Cher.

Irenical
Wed, 02-07-2007, 02:33 PM
If your parents die, do you lose your family name?

if I remember right he didn’t have parents. Wasn’t he the reincarnation of the nine tales or something like that? Most likely it was a cover up name, cus everyone in the village knew what he was but they weren’t aloud to talk about it. but then again I havent really paid attention to naruto in quite awhile so someone with a bit more knowledge might be able to help you out a lot more then me

Munsu
Wed, 02-07-2007, 02:45 PM
He was no reincarnation, he was a newly born and kyubi was sealed in him.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 02-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Let's see...

1) In the case of no knowledge of Naruto's biological parents existed thereafter the Kyuubi disaster, Naruto's benefactor (probably the 4th) named him such.

2) Named at birth.

Mystery solved, no?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, his parents prolly died during the Kyubi attack, so I'm betting he had been named by then.

If not, then maybe they have a system like in Oliver Twist, you know? Take a random letter out of the alphabet and give the boys a name that starts with it, or something. As far as I know, that was a normal procedure for naming orphans, at least for a while.

Edort4
Thu, 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Something the orphans are glad for, imagine you get a X (or a spanish ñ, that would be nightmarish).

on topic, if we havent heard the name of the 4th thus far is because he is an uzumaki, maybe his dad (but it would be cooler if he was his older brother with a difference of 20 years and tell sasuke: my brother kicks your brothers ass, so do I).

Necromas
Thu, 02-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Something the orphans are glad for, imagine you get a X (or a spanish ñ, that would be nightmarish).

A bunch of hispanic orphans with ñaruto as their last names...

GhostKaGe
Sat, 02-10-2007, 12:12 PM
He was probably named after the 4th or the spiral seal on his stomach

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Im thinking the author didnt really think about this yet, and is gonna try to make up some excuse when the question does arise (if it ever does)

phil0253
Wed, 02-14-2007, 10:16 AM
well i don't know when his parents died but he had to have them most likely killed by fox

master_me
Thu, 02-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Doesn't it mention his parents being killed by the nine tales a few times? I could've sworn the third having mentioned something about that.

Terracosmo
Tue, 02-20-2007, 02:50 PM
In his youth, he was accidently dropped in a whirlpool by Orochimaru (who was back then still a Konoha ninja). Naruto died but was resurrected and is now a zombie with a fitting surname. He is really under Orochimaru's control and everything he does is being monitored and controlled by Oro. Yes, right down to the fart jokes.

To be continued...

JaySee
Tue, 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM
I believe his name translated means swirl (Uzumaki) and swirl fish cake (Naruto). The fourth or third probably named him after his seal. However, maybe his family were some famous bakers or something. He does wear that swirl gong thing on his left shoulder.