View Full Version : Seven Deadly Sins of One Piece *Contains Spoilers*

Stoopider
Wed, 02-07-2007, 12:56 AM
This is interesting.

Gluttony = Monkey D. Luffy
Pride = Ussop
Lust = Sanji
Envy = Chopper
Wrath = Robin (?) Don't quite see the correlation though. Most likely Franky!
Greed = Nami
Sloth = Roronoa Zoro

Super5
Wed, 02-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I can see the comparison for everyone but Chopper and Robin. Robin is super-calm and collected at all times, so I don't see wrath in her at all. Robin might be envy instead, since she's jealous of the relatively normal lives the other straw hats have been able to live.

el_boss
Wed, 02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't get Zoro = sloth

ChaosK
Wed, 02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I can see the comparison for everyone but Chopper and Robin. Robin is super-calm and collected at all times, so I don't see wrath in her at all. Robin might be envy instead, since she's jealous of the relatively normal lives the other straw hats have been able to live.

I can kinda see Chopper with envy...I mean he's probably jealous that he was chosen to become the outsider. He's neither human, nor reindeer, just some "mutant" teetering in between...

6Zabuza9
Wed, 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
chopper is envy because he wishes we was as brave as his other nakama
robin is wrath because when she is actually serious she can do a lot an example would be her fighting the bird guy in the alabasta arc
well zoro is sloth cuz 99% of the time u see them on the ship zoro is sleeping

el_boss
Wed, 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
well zoro is sloth cuz 99% of the time u see them on the ship zoro is sleepingIt's not like he's sleeping while the others are working. He sleeps when they have down time.

In a spiritual sense I would say that he is the least slothful.

Stoopider
Wed, 02-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Zoro's Sloth because he's sleeping all the time.

I don't think Robin is wrath. Though I feel Franky is more wrath. He seems to be vengeful, like killing his master the ship builder, and when Franky crew got beaten up.

But this is just an 'interesting' comparison of characters. Not to be taken too seriously that it totally represent their character absolutely..

Chopper's envy because he envies the crew's bravery, especially Ussop. :P

Super5
Tue, 02-13-2007, 01:38 PM
chopper is envy because he wishes we was as brave as his other nakama
robin is wrath because when she is actually serious she can do a lot an example would be her fighting the bird guy in the alabasta arc
well zoro is sloth cuz 99% of the time u see them on the ship zoro is sleeping
I still don't see Robin = Wrath from your example. She was very confident and calm when she was severly injuring the bird guy, she's been calm at all times. I don't think I've seen her get really angry even once. Luffy's been pissed off more times than Robin. Besides, if she was really angry at the bird guy, she would have finished him off - but he was intentionally spared.

I get Chopper now, thanks for the comparison guys.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
does this thread allow manga reference or anime only?

Death13a
Tue, 02-13-2007, 05:56 PM
I think both are ok.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM
well ok since the spoiler tag could've been for those that do not watch ADC release.

i think robin and chopper can fit both the role of wrath and envy

Robin as
Wrath: During the Skypiea arc, when that one priest was destroying the ancient relic she was pretty merciless at stopping and punishing him.
Envy: Her childhood is probably the most tragic among all the straw hat crew so it's not too far-fetch to say that she might have some feeling of jealousy.

Chopper as
Wrath: after taking 3 rumble ball and going into his giant form chopper was literally unstoppable so i could see that as Wrath.
Envy: Chopper is the only "kid" among the crew, he's also techniquely an animal and being different than everyone else can sometime lead having envious feeling such as him wanting to be human or to be older.