PDA

View Full Version : Choujin Locke

Shadow Skill
Thu, 02-01-2007, 03:17 AM
This anime called Space Warriors 2000 or something in North America (Last I heard the license ran out).

I watched it and I enjoyed it. I read the previous 2 movies are way better and much more enjoyable. Has anyone heard of this anime (Would be nice if some one could sub them, since they are no longer licnesed. :P ).

I saw many available on a site (English of course) that sell Japanese stuff, but it's all in Japanese with no subtitles.

Think in Japan it's called "Shin Sekai Sentai."

I've never really seen anyone bring this anime up, considering the good reviews the first 2 movies have gotten. The 3rd movie which was released in North America as Space Warriors 2000 (Got decent reviews I think), must be one of those anime lost in time. :P

Munsu
Thu, 02-01-2007, 03:37 AM
I've always wanted to hunt down this Movies/OVAs but no one has released them. At least that I know of. Apparently it's also known as Locke the Superman.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 02-01-2007, 03:59 AM
Ya, I forgot to mention Choujin Locke translates to Locke the Superman. Least that's what I've read. :P

Movie 3 (Lord Leon) was the only movie out of the 3 released in North America (english voice acting). The sound track for it in my opinion is awesome. I have it on VHS (For the past 11 years). I did some research, the other 2 movies were not licenced in North America (No idea why). The license on the 3rd movie ran out some time ago.

What really surprises me is that there's never been an anime series made out of the manga. I just know it'd be one great anime series if it did, considering how many chapters or volumes there are of it.

Ya, I've been trying to find the previous 2 movies myself and I have, but they're not subtitled. Which is why I never purchased them.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 03-21-2007, 12:43 AM
"Hello Shadow Skill it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

So ya... figured I'd try and revive this topic and hope somebody that might know something on where to download these awesome movies, will step forward. :)

Or Atleast know if a fansub group is interested in these movies. :P

Shadow Skill
Mon, 05-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Cute, but don't double post. Thems the rules.
Warned.
masa

I agree with Shadow Skill, a fansub group should definately pick these movies up and fansub them. :)

animus
Mon, 05-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Your ability to reply and talk to yourself is quite commendable and creepy at the same time.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
So... I am happy. :)

There's a group that released the OAVs :)

For some reason I can't post the torrent. :(

Pandadice
Wed, 04-08-2009, 01:37 AM
whoa, just looked at the anidb page, and this looks awesome.

well I found a super healthily seeded torrent for the third move, Choujin Locke: Shin Sekai Sentai. but do you recommend starting with the first movie though? is there anywhere I can get that?

edit:

so apparently you don't need to view them chronologically, as they're mostly stand-alone stories.

torrent went up on boxtorrents like two days ago, and in the comments it says they plan to sub all the other OVAs. this sounds good.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I hope they do, the movies are great. At least the 2 movies I watched. The OAV, not as much action but story driven, which was great.

I wish someone would make a TV series out of it.

However in English, they'd have to change the name to something like "Locke The Psy-Wizard" or something.

So it seems to be licensed now . :)

Now if they can only release all the movies/OVAs. :)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-20/discotek-adds-locke-the-superman-anime

Shadow Skill
Sat, 01-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Sorry for this bump. Seems like edits don't bump topics. :P