PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Chapter 260

Knives122
Thu, 01-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Spoiler pics:

hmmmmm, absolute defense? (http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/150727_defense.jpg.html)

Afro man's release (http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/150729_state.jpg.html)

Left arm of the Devil (http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/150733_devil.jpg.html)

I don't know what you're talking about Soldier X :p

SOLDIER [X]
Thu, 01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
"It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board.
Please login below or register an account with :: MangaHelpers."

Might want to download them and upload them to an imageserver.

FrogKing
Thu, 01-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Nice Knives!
So, Chad has a left arm to match his right. My theory is that the right arm absorbs reitsu and redirects it as a Cero-type blast and that up till now he hasn't been using it to it's full potential (he would simply use his own reitsu to generate the blast). As for his left, I think it may be a more offensive type weapon (re: a silent killer!).
As for the release, dude looks like his is an armadillo-type release...probably a good defense so Chad's new arm (the left) will have to penetrate that defense which looks like we'll see next week judging by the captions on the right of the last panel (I hope not, but I fear that's the case). Kinda like in Naruto when Kimimaru faced off against Gaara's ultimate defense...that giant bone reinforced arm. Only Chad isn't dying so it'll break thru FTW!
Looking forward to scanlating this one...exciting to see a new power-up for Chad.

edit: Nice 'edit' Knives. :P

darkmetal505
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Maybe Chad will get full-blown armor now. That would be tight.

nests
Thu, 01-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Totally cool chad was staring to look like a weekling so I'm glad he has another are to play with I doubt he will get armor on this legs since he doesnt really use them on figths.

Yukimura
Fri, 01-26-2007, 01:59 AM
He doesn't use his legs yet...anyone see s-Cry-eD? If so you'll remember Kazuma started out with just a pimped out right arm too, but he ended up very different. Though it'd kinda suck if something too similar happened with Chad I guess.

Kensee
Fri, 01-26-2007, 02:31 AM
He doesn't use his legs yet...anyone see s-Cry-eD? If so you'll remember Kazuma started out with just a pimped out right arm too, but he ended up very different. Though it'd kinda suck if something too similar happened with Chad I guess.

This is exactly what I thought.... instantly I was thinking to myself, "wait .. this seems familiar."

But I doubt he won't be crazy psycho like Kazuma was, I don't picture Chad in that way.

Side note: the first teaser.. Chad does look bad ass!

Knives122
Fri, 01-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah we've been talking about that Scryed similarity for a while. After he got both arms he pretty much got a full body makeover but knowing this show it'll take a while....

But if he does get armor on his legs and seeing how he's the embodiment of Scryed he'll be like Cougar and go really fast or something.

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Thankfully I never saw Scryed to notice similiraties...

Finally Chad gets more than an arm btw.... took long enough.

Kensee
Fri, 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah we've been talking about that Scryed similarity for a while. After he got both arms he pretty much got a full body makeover but knowing this show it'll take a while....

But if he does get armor on his legs and seeing how he's the embodiment of Scryed he'll be like Cougar and go really fast or something.

Holy Crap, I hope he gets as fast as Cougar =D.

Plus, it would be his version of the flash step or his version of sonido.

edit: Is it me, or Chad's armor looks more and more Hollowish everytime? Seeing how his powers were activated cause of involvement with Ichigo (who is one messed up kid, being ... all hollowed up and stuff), would lead one to believe that Chad's final form will be a hollow? Or like, vizguard but with a wohle body transformation.

viper00
Fri, 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Ah finally I knew his other arm would transform eventually and it seems this new training has paid off a lot lol. Now i'm really interested to see what this arms transformed abilities are.

woofcat
Fri, 01-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey, Bleach 260 by #blood-scanlations (www.blood-scanlations.com)

Here (http://blood-scanlations.com/bleach/260/260%5b%23blood-scanlations%5d.zip)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-26-2007, 09:44 PM
So, we have the arm of the giant and hand of the devil?
next up, eye of the tiger?

kiddin', of course, it took chad 200 episodes to get out his 2nd hand, so it'll be forever until he gets facial treatment.
cool chapter, though, finally chad see's he's a freakin' hollow, I wonder what's the devil hand power... to power to pentrate (lame jokes later), like a lance and shield combo? that can come in either super edgey cutting type, or in a tranparent 'evil' (demon, devil) ethely hand...
maybe it's got something to do with power stealing, like the way hollow eat, which could make the shield able to absorb energy and shoot it through the left hand, like what frogking said.
but if you try to think of chad as an entire unit, you can say that his body might also get powers, something of a netrual element (between the 'protect' and 'kill' abilities), which might be uber movement (legs like the tiger, or whatever animal you want)... his face might get the mexican 'mask of the dead' skull look, seeing as he is sort of mexican..

lots to thorize about...
anyway, we've seen Ishida and Chad power up, so logically, next up should be Renji, right? or am i missing someone?

Munsu
Sat, 01-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Hey, Bleach 260 by #blood-scanlations (www.blood-scanlations.com)

Here (http://blood-scanlations.com/bleach/260/260%5b%23blood-scanlations%5d.zip)
Just for future refferences... I'm not sure if the japanese portion messed up, but it should be "Brazo izquierdo del Diablo", not "izquierda".

Kensee
Sat, 01-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Just for future refferences... I'm not sure if the japanese portion messed up, but it should be "Brazo izquierdo del Diablo", not "izquierda".

Haha, but the main idea still comes across.

Chad .. he got upgraded. Man he's down right sexy now! Like how someone mentioned, his left arm should become a weapon like.

I wonder how Renji and Rukia are gonna do ..

Munsu
Sat, 01-27-2007, 01:54 AM
At least they are making sense on why Chad's body is transforming Scryed-like. Since his powers are practically from a Hollow source, then this type of transformation is the most plausible manifestation.

FrogKing
Sat, 01-27-2007, 03:45 AM

Actually you are wrong Budweineken. Izquierda is always feminine in Spanish. Derecha (right) and dercho (straight) are femanine and masculine respectively. Izquierda is left, izquierdo is nothing in Spanish. :o

edit: but thanks i guess.

Munsu
Sat, 01-27-2007, 04:00 AM
I'm not wrong... "brazo" is masculine, so you need to use "izquierdo" to modify it, as in "el brazo izquierdo". Now if you were talking about the hand ("mano"), then that would be femenine, as in "la mano izquierda". So, I'm not wrong. You need to use "izquierdo" in that sentence. The usage of "izquierdo/a" in this sentence is of an adjective, so what you need to find out is the gender of the noun.

And please, don't lecture me about my native tongue, unless you're 100% correct. Not for my sake, but for your sake. ;)

Also, I didn't come up with this since I really couldn't make out what Kubo actually meant by Doragura, but reading around it may seem like what he meant to say is "D'oro Įguila" which should be "De Oro Aguila" which should really be "Aguila de Oro". This translates to "Golden Eagle".

Now if you think about it, this makes all these Privaron Espadas releases, we've been seing lately, related to birds.

We've seen:

Golondrina (Swallow).

Torre de Giralda (Tower of Giralda). In Sevilla there's a tower known with this name and on top of it it is adorned with a weathervane, and as you know weathervanes usually have a bird (usually a rooster) on top of them. And if you go back and see this release I'm pretty sure there are some birds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giralda

And now we have Įguila de Oro (Golden Eagle) assuming this was his intentions.

FrogKing
Sat, 01-27-2007, 02:13 PM
^Wow, easy turbo...down boy...I wasn't lecturing (rather I think you were giving me the lecture)...thanks...i'm wrong.
Next time we'll be sure to question the t/l a little more carefully. Maybe we should send to you to edit it once over to make sure we are in the clear.
<sarcasm ends>:)

Necromas
Wed, 01-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Guess I should have noticed the possible connection a little sooner since the Hollows all have spanish names, like Menos Grande and the cero attack, and Chad is hispanic.

It is pretty awesome to see Chad finally get some action, he hasn't really had any good fights up until now.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I love it how Chad is the only hispanic anime character, at least the only one that I know of. If I remember correctly a few months back a character popularity poll was held and he was ranked # 30. Japanese have no love for chad. One thing I will give Bleach credit for is that it's the most ethnically diverse anime/ manga series around.

Although does anyone have any idea as to why the writer makes everything about the hollows translate into Spanish? I mean all of their attacks as well as their names usually have some sort of Spanish based derivative. Many of the chapters are titled in Spanish as well. I'm just wondering because I'd like to know if there is some sort of artistic justification for making such a distinctive choice.

Now that I look at it the whole spanish thing gives the series a whole new racial subtext.

Think about it, lets say soul society is like America. The imperialistic white supreme power that lords over all with it's superior military, the gotei 13. That would make Hueco Mundo (spanish for hollow world) like mexico. A barren wasteland filled with nothing.

Which makes the real world sort of serve as the border. Where Hollows are constantly trying to get in so they can feed because that's where all the food is right? But of course their impeded by the border patrol i.e. the gotei 13.

From what we've seen the hollows mostly can't do shit. They've only become interesting after Aizen, super gringo number 1# goes over to whip them up into shape.

And how does he do that? Of course by having them take off their masks, the one distinctive thing that separates them from the shinigami border patrol.

Now they can serve as an opposition towards the border patrol simply because the revolutionary Aizen has leveled the playing field by giving them access towards the abilities /technology of the border patrol/gotei 13.

Which I guess makes Aizen kinda like a sort of Hispanic revolutionary helping to free the oppressed underprivileged masses of hollows just looking to get a break in life.

jing
Thu, 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
The mexicans want to kill the president?