PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 112 Discussion

Meteros
Thu, 01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b112.torrent

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-25-2007, 04:35 AM
Mmm, good episode.

I originally thought that both Grand Fisher and the Vaizard were working for Aizen, but this episode showed otherwise.

And if I'd had to guess which group was Aizen's I would have guessed the Vaizard, since they are shinigami into Hollows, but that turns out not to be the case.

the Vaizard are actually pretty funny...I'm betting their gonna end up just like Ishida, supposedly hating Shinigami, yet always fighting on Ichigo's side.

Still, they are offering to teach him to control his Hollow self, which actually seems like a pretty good thing if he stopped to think about it.

I'm glad Grand Fisher was a "test Arrancar" and they are gonna be more powerful as the arc goes on, because GF died way too easy.

This episode seemed to have more humor than anything else.

Munsu
Thu, 01-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Hiyori just became my favorite character.

@DarthEnder:

I would think that if Aizen became a hybrid he would actually become a Visored, even if he didn't join their group.

Also, Grand Fisher wasn't a Menos, so we couldn't actually expect much from him, but he was apparently conciderably stronger, he just had to fight with Isshin who is awesome. Even if he fought Ichigo, he would've gotten his ass kicked, he was a low rank Hollow, and Shinigamis of Captain level strength shouldn't face any trouble defeating them regardless. But as I said before, that's not to say that Grand Fisher wasn't much stronger than his former self. As mentioned in the episode, what we have to be worried about is an army of Menos Arrancar.

Kraco
Thu, 01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/499/messupthechances1hg.jpg
Only in anime you suddenly get lines like this...

Good episode altogether. I thought the vaizards was some nefarious organization that would have an evil plot reserved for Ichigo, but it seems like they are more like a bunch of roguish individuals, rather. Perhaps better this way. Ichigo & co have Aizen's world conquering schemes to counter, after all. And Aizen has shown he can build plans spanning decades.

nests
Thu, 01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Defently a good episode. I like the voice they used for Hiyori cute voice for a tough girl. I just wish the three other dolls would desapear already but the way things are going I dont see it happening

FrogKing
Thu, 01-25-2007, 01:59 PM
^Yep, I agree a good episode and a good choice of VA for Hiyori. I think they did a good job explaining the confusion between Vizards and Arrancar. Also, we have some more explaination about Isshin's past and his motivations...lol, like father like son!

Once again, I must state that Urahara is awesome...always watching from the distance to make sure that things are taken care of and making an awesome entrance (I thought back to when Ichigo got owned by Byakuya and how he was there watching the battle and came in to save Ichi). I hope one of these days he shows up to save someone's ass.

Lastly, "Let's get ready to ruuuuuuummmmble!!!!!" Ladies and gentleman, we have a speacial 4-way battle royale...In this corner, we have the current raining champions...Soul Society! In this corner, we have the challenger...Aizen Souske and the Arrancar!!! And in this corner, we have another challenger...the Vizards! Finally, in this corner we have...the Mystery Machine ("if i wasn't for you meddling kids...) Ichigo, Chad, Orihime, Tsasuki maybe (sp?), Ishida (looks like he's gonna power up), etc. I can't wait for the battle royale (maybe the Ichi and company will saddle up with the Vizards who maybe will reconcile to some degree with some members of SS). I guess we'll wait and see.

Munsu
Thu, 01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
You forgot the 5th group: Isshin, Urahara, Yoruichi, Urahara Shop characters, and probably some unknowns... They clearly have some ulterior motives of their own.

And what about a 6th group? The Quincy's and whatever motives Ishida's dad has, and remember that Ishida can't no longer be with Shinigami's so he can't be with Ichigo.

So maybe, a 6th way battle royal? Of course, you can't expect the Isshin group to fight the Ichigo group, but who knows.

FrogKing
Thu, 01-25-2007, 02:58 PM
^maybe it's a 6-way...but, i think Ishida will be with the Myster Machine b/c of his role in the series (Ichigo's companion). But I could be wrong and the 'Rise of the Quincy' could make for a cool new facet of the anime.
As for Urahara and co., I see them as floaters or go betweens. I agree that their motives are unknown other than Urahara probably wants to see his creation destroyed once and for all and not used for ill. Therefore, I guess I would lump them in with Ichigo and company. 4-way battle for sure.

Narasho
Thu, 01-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Ishida's seeming betrayal of his friends for power reminds me of another black haired guy from a different anime who just happens to have the same VA...

XanBcoo
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Man, I can't get over how cool it is to have both of my favorite Japanese VAs in the same anime now! I hope that at some point Hirako and Urahara will meet up and hilarity will ensue. Listening to Hirako pretty much brings back to mind every funny Vash-moment in Trigun. There's a fine line (in my mind, anyway) between "funny" and "annoying/obnoxious", and having Hirako and Keigo in the same scene this episode exemplifies that point pretty well. I think, by default, I have a new favorite character.

This new girl makes me laugh too (finally, I recognize the blonde girl from the Bleach boob-size chart!!). The way her eyes were drawn in the scenes where she was hitting Hirako also made me laugh for some reason.

I'm also glad that Isshin finally mentioned Masaki, even though he didn't really hold a grudge against Grand Fisher. Given everything else, this arc really is shaping up to be exciting. Can't wait.

darkmetal505
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Just because Ishida can't have anything to do with Shinigami doesn't mean the Quincy and Shinigami goals aren't the same. He always seems to bend the rules since Ichigo isn't really a proper Shinigami.

Munsu
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Might have the same goals, but that didn't stop the Shinigami from exterminating the Quincy in the past.

Wren
Thu, 01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
guess it boils down to nobody likes competition. it seems the second half of bleach has finally come round to start

Yukimura
Fri, 01-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Don't you remember that the Quincy were screwing up the natural order of the universe. The Shinigami may be arrogant but I think the reason they wiped them out was the soul imbalance aspect. Anyway who cares about Ishida...didn't anyone get curious after seeing the people from the preview?

XanBcoo
Fri, 01-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Anyway who cares about Ishida...didn't anyone get curious after seeing the people from the preview?
Yes.

But there's not much to say besides, "I wonder who that guy is". And I don't really feel like asking the manga-readers who they are, because really, I'd like to just watch the next episode. That being said, the white dude with the green eyes looks seriously cool. He looks kinda like Gaara might if Tite Kubo drew him.

Kraco
Fri, 01-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Don't you remember that the Quincy were screwing up the natural order of the universe. The Shinigami may be arrogant but I think the reason they wiped them out was the soul imbalance aspect.

We still have only the shinigami's word on that. For all we know, in reality the soul balance thing could be pure bs and propaganda. The shinigami might have just been afraid the Quincy could acquire too much power eventually. It's true many Quincy ceased to hunt hollows, like Ishida's dad. But maybe they just didn't want to do it, because, in the end, it isn't real work yet still is very dangerous. And remember: The Quincy were born in the first place because the shinigami didn't do their own work thorougly.

Aizen, Gin, Mayuri and even the old geezer commander have certainly shown the Shinigami organization can be quite rotten and arrogant.

Animeniax
Fri, 01-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Great episode. Watching this episode, I noticed pretty much every legitimate question posed on gotwoot last week was answered this week. It's like the anime studio is reading these boards, then producing the anime to answer everything we ask.

Once again, the animation was lacking. When will they go back to the normal animation team? Maybe they're all busy drawing for the movie, but I wish they'd hurry back.

Necromas
Fri, 01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm betting that a lot of the 2500 or so Quincy that the freaky clown guy experimented on were ones like Ishida's sensei that weren't interfering with the Shinigami anymore. Soul Society just stopped them, freaky clown guy was probably the reason they were wiped out to the point of only 2 Quincy (that we know of) being left alive.

P.S. Any who complains about Bleach fillers should go see what us Naruto fans have to deal with.

masamuneehs
Fri, 01-26-2007, 10:01 PM
fucking weird bunch those Vaizards are.... I too am pleasantly surprised that the Arrancars and Vaizards are on separate sides. Look forward to seeing the Vaizards act in "the battle royale", especially as to who their main enemies are. Urahara made it sound like the Vaizards are moving to get strength to fight the Arrancars.... but that Hiyori girl sure doesn't like Shinigami...

I also thought she was pretty funny. Hirako is also coming into his own as a character. I like him quite a bit.

Ishida can suck on a dick. "I don't want any borrowed powers" he says, then gets his daddy to fix him up with exactly that, betraying his friends in the process. If he was serious, he'd try getting them back by himself first...

Why does Ichigo's dad sound so different?

DayoftheDante
Fri, 01-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Damn I can't wait to see Urahara and Isshin in a serious fight, preferably at the same time. The new character in the preview looks like The Crow to me. Hope he gets a cool voice...

Kraco
Sat, 01-27-2007, 04:51 AM
"I don't want any borrowed powers" he says, then gets his daddy to fix him up with exactly that, betraying his friends in the process. If he was serious, he'd try getting them back by himself first...

Isn't his dad a doctor? Makes sense he would fix Ishida up. That's what doctors do. And Ishida is the kind of character who would "betray" his friends to get his powers back. He lost his powers in a fight to help those friends, so he hardly owns anything to Ichigo & co. It's more like Ichigo and SS should have helped him to get his powers back, but we didn't really see anything indicating they would ever even try to attempt that.

el_boss
Sun, 01-28-2007, 04:56 AM
Ishida can suck on a dick. "I don't want any borrowed powers" he says, then gets his daddy to fix him up with exactly that, betraying his friends in the process. If he was serious, he'd try getting them back by himself first...When his dad first appeared he said something like "I am the true quincy". When Ishida said that he didn't want borrowed power I interpreted this as him having "fake" powers all along and now his father will unlock his real quincy powers.

Carnage
Sun, 01-28-2007, 01:18 PM
These eps are alright. But for some reason the animation is worse than before the fillers, and its a bitch when they add filler into these episodes with those three characters from the Bounto arc. I hate having to skip half the episode (like last ep) and try to find the spot where the ep goes back to whats in the manga.

Also, the music is a little weirder...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
When his dad first appeared he said something like "I am the true quincy". When Ishida said that he didn't want borrowed power I interpreted this as him having "fake" powers all along and now his father will unlock his real quincy powers.I took it to mean that he would get his own powers BACK after having lost them beating Mayuri. When he was talking about "fake" powers, I through he was talking about the powers that the bow gave him during the Bounto arc.

saman
Sun, 01-28-2007, 02:00 PM
hmm. i didn't think there was any doubt what ishida would choose. i mean, his powers, which have essentially been his identity as a quincy for his entire life, or ichigo and co. whom he's barely known for a year... i probably would've chosen the same as him.

Spiegel
Sun, 01-28-2007, 02:19 PM
I finally got around to watching this episode (Don't ask why it took me so long to watch it). Anyway, I liked the episode, Little more explanation into the whole fathers situation but still leaves you hanging. I guess that is what a good show will do though. I can't wait to see how the Ishida's power situation pans out and see how the others respond to it and the situation that will ensue. I also can't wait to see how long it will take before the whole Your father is the most powerful Shinigami on earth right now thing goes over with Ichigo.

XanBcoo
Sun, 01-28-2007, 04:29 PM
hmm. i didn't think there was any doubt what ishida would choose. i mean, his powers, which have essentially been his identity as a quincy for his entire life, or ichigo and co. whom he's barely known for a year... i probably would've chosen the same as him.
I agree with you. Kraco is right, Ishida doesn't owe anything to Ichigo & Friends, and so far it doesn't seem like they desperately need his help. I don't see anything wrong with him getting his powers back. Sure it kinda sucks that he's "not allowed" to see Ichigo, but then again, why should he care? The two were never best buddies anyway.

Turkish-S
Sun, 01-28-2007, 05:06 PM
I do not agree.. You don't risk your life for someone you barely know for a year.. Yet he did.. so i do think they are more than just buddies.

Kraco
Sun, 01-28-2007, 05:16 PM
I think it's very clear the friendship, if you call it that, between Ichigo and Ishida can't go on without Ishida having his powers. It would be vastly too unequal. It all started by Ishida arranging the competition, which he thought he would win. And he also thought he would have quite an effect on their chances when they travelled to the SS to save Rukia. With Ichigo more powerful than ever, Ishida would just feel himself much too inferior without any powers. He's not the kind of guy to stomach something like that, even if the fillers made it look like that.

big_ac
Tue, 01-30-2007, 12:13 AM
On a lighter note, was anybody familiar with the concept of "goosing" before this episode (Hirako and Hiyori did it to each other while he carried her). I'm hoping its just another product of everyone's favorite totally outrageous island nation.

Kraco
Tue, 01-30-2007, 03:36 AM
It happens every now and then in anime. And from what I've heard also in the real life. There was this one blog written by some dude who went to Japan to teach English, and the custom seems to exist among school kids. Crazy bunch, those Japanese.