PDA

View Full Version : Mangekyu Sharingan = Overpowered?

February
Thu, 01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Does anyone else agree that Mangekyu sharingan is ridiculously overpowered? Not only has Itachi's use of it has proven deadly but Kakashi's as well for ripping off Deidera's arm. The user only has to make eye contact with the opponent to blow him up or put him in a hypnotical unbreakable painful genjutsu...
So whats the use of having the most chakra and super powerful version of Wind Rasengan if the Sharingan user just uses Mangekyu on the person?

woofcat
Thu, 01-18-2007, 11:01 PM
No, it can only be used against one person once in a battle and it drains them completely so in a 2 v 1 battle it would not be useful at all until you have defeated at least one of the enemies and you still had enough Chakra left.

Grape
Thu, 01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
But, despite that, it is a very powerful technique. Although both can be countered, it's only if you know how that it can be. By either dodging or avoiding eye contact, respectively. Other than that, both users have other powerful techniques for taking out multiple opponents if they aren't in a 1-on-1 battle. So, it is overpowered, IMO. But the loss of energy and eye deterioration does help lessen it's cheapness. I hope they don't nerf it.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
didn't they show Itachi's mini-clone (whatever that thing was, the corpse that Zetsu ate) doing a MS tsukiyomi on Naruto by just flicking his fucking finger?
also, MS became stupid once Kakashi used it to uber-wrap Deidara.

Assertn
Fri, 01-19-2007, 05:41 PM
But the loss of energy and eye deterioration does help lessen it's cheapness. I hope they don't nerf it.

Ugh, that myth still exists? MS does NOT cause blindness! >:|

Konohamaru
Sun, 01-21-2007, 11:01 AM
didn't they show Itachi's mini-clone (whatever that thing was, the corpse that Zetsu ate) doing a MS tsukiyomi on Naruto by just flicking his fucking finger?

I personally think itachi used his ring as a small mirror. I reckon he looked down at his ring and reflected it to naruto.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I personally think itachi used his ring as a small mirror. I reckon he looked down at his ring and reflected it to naruto.

nice thought, if it's true, i'd like to nominate Kishi and Itachi to 'cheapest ever!" award.
Itachi can send a maniac jutsu to an enemy by using such a tiny object (which, while is metallic, isn't 'blank' enough to reflect much more than light), and when Gai tries doing something twenty times easier, he ends up hitting Jiraya.

I think they should make Naruto hunt down and exterminate every last standing Uchiha - Sasuke, Itachi, Kakashi, Obito and Aoba, and Orochimaru, just in case.

Kitsune
Sun, 01-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Aoba is the guy wearing sunglasses right why would they exterminate him?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-22-2007, 04:47 AM
he's one of the charecters which mostly deserve more screen time... I mean, we've seen him do an Itachi-like crow illusion and nobody cares?
show the man around, tell us his surname, anything!
I want to nominate him to be the next president.

ChaosK
Mon, 01-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Aoba is the guy wearing sunglasses right why would they exterminate him?

who? Aoba?

Everon
Sun, 02-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Well Itachi is a genjustu user so I assumed he didn't use MS, but a different less powerful jutsu. It would explain why they were able to release Naruto from the illusion and Itachi was limited to showing him disturbing images instead of torturing.