darkmetal505
Thu, 01-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Spoiler pics:

http://www.imageox.com/image/23032-23040_DSCF0024_122_359lo.jpg
http://www.imageox.com/image/23033-23045_DSCF0025_122_368lo.jpg
http://www.imageox.com/image/23034-23050_DSCF0027_122_483lo.jpg
http://www.imageox.com/image/23035-23056_DSCF0028_122_449lo.jpg

edit

Here is the RAW (http://www.chikusho.net/mangafc/338raw.zip) and a trans (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13489.0).

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 01-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Holy shit! so he gonna blow his ass up and drop the remains in a hole? (well if there are any remains :D )

Hidan looks stressed in the pics also so i think he knows he his screwed, and not getting out of that one.

nests
Thu, 01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow cool trap ill be interesting how he got to that point

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 01-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Never really understood how it's possible for these spoiler images to crop up while no downloadable raw is available.

Although I must admit Shikimaru's trap is fricking badass. Especially him lighting the exploding tags with Asuma's cigarette. It's nice to see that after the time job at least one of the genin's became useful.

But I'm personally hoping that Hidan has some other trick up his sleeve. Mostly because I want him to justify his inclusion into the Akatsuki, so far he seems like he's just a one trick pony, with the only thing going for him being his immortality.

As far as I'm concerned Kakuzu has earned his admittance with his super badass "rip out the enemies heart and use their chakra for my weird vainy ghost things" but Hidan immortality aside, has been pretty mediocre and clumsy as well.

I know it's a bad thing to wish, because in all honesty Shikimaru deserves the kill, but when an Akatsuki member goes down for the count, I want to seem them go down in blaze of ridiculous badass glory.

Augury
Fri, 01-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Shounen Jump receives the chapters that they are going to print in their magazine in advance (maybe 1-3 weeks), so they have the material ready before it is compiled and sold on the streets. Therefore, people who work at SJ or distributing or whatnot get to see the chapters early. Some of them take pictures with cellphones or (if they have more time) scan a few pages. Spoiler pics surface on the net when they upload this content.

Asuma's appearance seems to put some closure on this revenge mission Shikamaru has been leading, so my guess is that Hidan is probably done here. If Shikamaru really does manage to eliminate Hidan one-on-one, that means that Kakuzu is going to 1v7?...

darkshadow
Fri, 01-19-2007, 01:10 AM
that trap was wickedly sick, damn

Assertn
Fri, 01-19-2007, 04:26 AM
so far he seems like he's just a one trick pony, with the only thing going for him being his immortality.

This line brings lolz

xDarkMaster
Fri, 01-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Here is the RAW (http://www.chikusho.net/mangafc/338raw.zip) and a trans (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13489.0).

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-19-2007, 09:43 AM
This past chapters, focussing on Shikamaru, have been of the best I've seen on this manga. Kishimoto actually has to think to make clever scenes, instead of the classic punch-kick-block (its all in the mind!)

Naruto is half-way done with his 'new' jutsu. Hopefully it wond be a Rasengan shield or something dumb.

Great chapter.

jing
Fri, 01-19-2007, 01:35 PM
If Hidan gets outta this one I swear I'm quitting this manga.

Meteros
Fri, 01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
If Hidan gets outta this one I swear I'm quitting this manga.
i bet he does and you won't :D

chet_chetty
Fri, 01-19-2007, 02:03 PM
so 50% created that enormous crater. something overpowered is on the way for our hero.

edit - i'm glad to see the wire setup used for the kill and so cleverly at that.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 01-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Na I don't see hidan getting out of this one. In a writers stand point this is closure for shika loseing his sensei. This was one of the best chapter's in the whole manga by far in my opinion. I can't wait to see the new jutsu, especially since it is only at 50%, and we have since the damage it can do.

kAi
Fri, 01-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, that was a nice chapter, looks like there is some closure on the Shikarmaru fight, and they were fighting in the forest of his family, so it couldn't be too far from Konoha.

We're going to get to see some Naruto v Kakazu now, taking him on solo, Yamato says it's 50%, but he's completely different, this will be interesting, hopefully he as changed a little and is more focused and uses more jutsu and other jutsu, it will be good for Ino and Chouji to see what Naruto is capable of.

Sidnne
Fri, 01-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Best chapter ever!

With a trap like that, perfectly planned out from the very beginning, the fight versus Hidan better be over. I want to see a plan finally work out. Shikamaru keeps getting cooler.

Naruto is like a completely different person now, huh? Well, let's see if he still has the mentality of a 6 yr old.

Assertn
Sat, 01-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I think my favorite thing about shikamaru's plan was that I can actually see how shikamaru's team alone could've taken the two akatsuki out, like how it was supposed to be when they first left the village. (of course, based on the knowledge shika had at the time, with presumptions such as kakuzu not having more than one heart, etc.)

Yukimura
Sat, 01-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Naruto 338 Scan by NarutoBuzz (http://www.narutobuzz.com/downloads/manga/naruto338.zip)

DDBen
Sat, 01-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Great chapter it was actually worth the wait. The shame is thats its unlikely Shikamaru can have defeated him with that. Otherwise they wouldn't have sent Sai and Sakura that way. Reguardless the plan and execution was quite badass.

Elessar
Sat, 01-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Nah, there is no problem with them arriving and seeing hidan finished.

It would be unlogical for reinforcements to arrive and not send dome of them to the other guy fighting his lone battle.

And of course Naruto has completely changed by now. He started wearing fishnet.

RasenDori
Sat, 01-20-2007, 10:03 AM
hes always worne fishnets under his custome. but i have to agree with ddben. as a plot it makes little sense for sai and sakura to be sent to help shikamaru if they meant to be there for a last minute rescue (or worse retrieve a dead body, but thats highly unlikely) it would have made more sense for shikamaru to defeat hidan before the narutos team even arrived, if hidan is indeed defeated.

i have to say that i love the look on narutos face. its a calm "im gonna kick your ass" face. no more screaming out first thing or getting extremely pissed out of nowhere. the look on his face is intimidating.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I liked the ciggerate part, that's how thing should be... also, finally Shikamaru's braingan makes sense...

Naruto is up to fight Kazuko, and he better make it look good, the new jutsu shouldn't be another uber-hit... I want to see him combinning it with something smart, seeing Pakkun made me wish to see Naruto throwing out some uber summons... maybe he decided to fuse his Rasengan with Gamabunta's oil breath? that'd be nice to see.

Edort4
Sat, 01-20-2007, 02:30 PM
This chapter was truly epic. Shikamarus fight has been one of the best so far even if it was a little to convenient that they where in that special forest of the nara clan.

Naruto seems quite confident right now, even if he has been like that since the beginning this time looks that he is ready for the job. I guess that while he has been trying to control the wind so hard he has discovered new ways to use his nature element.

I can only guess that he going to be faster and all his hits will have the wind attached or even use it to deflect atacks.

Next chapter we see if Kishimoto has matured Naruto once and for all.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 01-20-2007, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Edort4]This chapter was truly epic. Shikamarus fight has been one of the best so far even if it was a little to convenient that they where in that special forest of the nara clan.QUOTE]

I dont think that it was convenient at all. I mean you could say that about all of Shika's fights, like it was convenient when Temari was near that hole during the Chuunin exam...but it isnt convenience at all...it is intelligence. Even Hidan said that Shika got him there on purpose, made it all look like an act. So Shika is the shit. And that is that. His ability to plan 200+ moves makes him the brightest of his class! GO SHIKA!

-dg-

Elessar
Sat, 01-20-2007, 02:51 PM
hes always worne fishnets under his custome.
Always? I can't remember him wearing anything under his jumpsuit when Jiraiya undid Orochimarus seal during the water training, let alone a fishnet.

Shuurai
Sat, 01-20-2007, 03:50 PM
hes always worne fishnets under his custome.
From chapter 168 and episode 95-96 1 hour special, 6:30
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7664/naruto168164bd.png

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4532/narutoshirt6sx.jpg

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-20-2007, 05:03 PM
it's convinent that Shikamaru turned out to be in the family forest even though they were going after the akatsuki duo from the start, and I doubt that the bountyhead collector set up his shop in the middle of the forest.. though, even if he had, it still won't be as stupid as what Hammer did...

anyway, we can complain all the time about the time/space continunicy in naruto, and it won't ever matter...

Meteros
Sat, 01-20-2007, 07:09 PM
keep in mind that shikamaru was the one who led him there, and we don't know how far they may have traveled away from the others. he chose the place, they didn't just magically end up there

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
well, in all that time, Kazuko had time to barely do one super-assed crazy combo attack, so it couldn't have been more than a few mintues...
anyway, I gave up on Naruto-times when i realized that the leaf five decided not to approach the sound ninjas for an entire night, just so that Shika's plan could come into action (ignoring possibility of enemy reinforcment or any other reasonable justifications to attack).

still, I've got to hand it for Shika, not many can pull this trick so beutifully, it practically makes him the only person to take out an akatsuki on his own (ok, so he used Asuma, whatever).

Assertn
Sat, 01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
We know that the fight is taking place in konoha's turf, because the akatsuki's been advancing towards konoha this whole arc. I don't think its too much of a stretch.

Super5
Sat, 01-20-2007, 10:44 PM
That was a good chapter - it seems a little too easy the way Shikamaru is killing Hidan. I doubt Hidan is dead, since he hasn't really shown us what he can do yet. Kishimoto seems to hate wasting characters. I'm quite interested to see what Naruto has come up with in his training - should be good.

Also - did people see the last page (I think it was 18) of the NarutoBuzz translation? It seems to be a special page drawn by Kishimoto that shows Sasuke married to Sakura and Naruto as the 6th Hokage!!

Yukimura
Sun, 01-21-2007, 01:22 AM
@Super5 I think I've seen that or something like it before, i'm not sure if it was done by Kishi or some fan but it's just a little alternate future comic.

Assertn
Sun, 01-21-2007, 01:33 AM
it's a fake

SK
Tue, 01-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Damn Shikamaru's fight is actually one of my favorite so far. Really good chapter.

nests
Wed, 01-24-2007, 01:48 AM
OK, THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER
I REPEAT THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER
"I did not create a new thread becuase some people dont seen to like that"
CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK

PIC 1 (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16190039946503ba.jpg)
PIC 2 (http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80623_151040_122_591lo.jpg)

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Oh! and by the way please dont disscus here

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 01-24-2007, 02:57 AM
I hate you nest lol, I sooooo wanna discuss those pics now and i can't. Just gotta say things are getting better by the minute.

Kensee
Wed, 01-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Hmm, I see some people are skeptical that he wont die from this attack, but in reality, he doesn't. Hiden will get blown up, dropped in the hole with only like a head, but then he will be buried with no way out. Sure he may be immortal, but can't do much with only a head and feet upon feet of dirt on top of you. Cept complain that is ...

Side note: those previews of the next chapter, the 2nd one reminded me of a song ^_^, we'll talk about that later.

viper00
Wed, 01-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Ah an awesome ending to a good fight, now whats left is to see how Naruto will pwn Kakuzu with only being 50% completed with his training and judging by those pics for the next chapter it looks like it's working really well.

Assertn
Wed, 01-24-2007, 11:27 AM
OK, THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER
I REPEAT THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER
"I did not create a new thread becuase some people dont seen to like that"
CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK

I've never heard any complaints about that system. If anyone has a problem with it, they should probably take it up with the mods.

Konohamaru
Wed, 01-24-2007, 01:40 PM
oh snap! damn you nests. Must...hold back...convoversation...about pics...AHHH!

How'd you get them so early? ahhhh nevermind, I can wait...I hope...my will is strong.

Stoopider
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:47 PM
They'll put Hidan's head in a jar. And he'll be the token head that follows Naruto and friends around giving witty comments and slapstick humour.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:51 PM
no, i've got a better idea, they'll get him a robotic body and make him run for Hokageship...
and then he'll make witty comments and waste screen time.

nests
Wed, 01-24-2007, 06:58 PM
I've never heard any complaints about that system. If anyone has a problem with it, they should probably take it up with the mods.
Yeah nobody actually post anything they just give me a negative rep and bitch about it. what pisses me off is that I dont even get to know who did it. but its happend the last times I have done it.

Now back to topic, I belive that Shikamaru is probably going to keep the head for investigation the problem is would he really talk seeing as how he wasnt really pleased with the way things were going in Akatsuki. As for Kakuzu I defently think his going to get his ass handed to him.

darkmetal505
Wed, 01-24-2007, 07:35 PM
edit:

I just reposted nests's pictures. Disregard this post.

I'm not even sure Hidan's head will survive.

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 01-24-2007, 08:07 PM
LOL nests just posted that a page back bro. That second one kinda looks bogus to me, i just don't know why, unless it is thru the eyes of kakashi or something in that sense. the first one makes sense. I personally can't wait for the scans this week. Hopefully they will be better ones then last weeks.

Assertn
Wed, 01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
They'll put Hidan's head in a jar. And he'll be the token head that follows Naruto and friends around giving witty comments and slapstick humour.
He'll become the proud leader of the Capsule Corp's fishing pond.

kyubisrage
Thu, 01-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Is there a chapter 339 this week?

nests
Thu, 01-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes is just not out yet. be patient child

kyubisrage
Fri, 01-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Im just used to raws being out yesterday..

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 01-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Me too, it's always frustrating when Nests, gotwoot's official manga cock tease posts spoiler pics from this weeks issue you kinda get impatient.

What I've never understood is how come if someone obviously has there hands on the raw, it hasn't been scanlated yet?

I just don't understand how some weeks we get RAW's on Wensday while other times we don't get it till Friday night. Never really understood why some weeks it's super quick while others there seems to be a delay. If I knew maybe then I'd be more patient.

Plus I'm dying to see if Kishi actually makes naruto do something. Seeing as other then the four tails he hasn't had much improvement post time jump. Seeing as the whole wind element thing is important enough to have part 2 named Wind Chronicles then we better see some cool stuff now that he's using the nature manipulation.

kyubisrage
Fri, 01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Seriously. We at gotwoot have high standards. We are used to having our raws delivered on time with consistency. If you can't meet those standards me and lobster will go somewhere else!!

Assassin
Fri, 01-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Well in that case feel free to leave, because WE at gotwoot dont care for people who can't wait a few days. subbers and scanlators have lives too. they're not waiting anxiously to scan the next chapter just so people can get thier next fix.

And for the record, you dont get to say "we at gotwoot" unless you have atleast 1500+ posts after having been here for more then 2 years.

Munsu
Fri, 01-26-2007, 02:59 AM
1500 posts huh?

marusu
Fri, 01-26-2007, 04:22 AM
What I've never understood is how come if someone obviously has there hands on the raw, it hasn't been scanlated yet?

I just don't understand how some weeks we get RAW's on Wensday while other times we don't get it till Friday night. Never really understood why some weeks it's super quick while others there seems to be a delay. If I knew maybe then I'd be more patient.

maybe coz the people who scan and translate the manga for you don't get paid and do it out of the kindness of their hearts? :o

think of this scenario: someone has their hands on the manga, reads it, then gets called by his boss for an important project, or has to do some homework, or has some other things to do that they decide has more value in their lives... :)

i hope this idea makes you more patient... cheers! :)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-26-2007, 05:20 AM
And for the record, you dont get to say "we at gotwoot" unless you have atleast 1500+ posts after having been here for more then 2 years.

damn, now i need to spam the hell of the forum just to be able to say 'we'?
no fair.

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Well in that case feel free to leave, because WE at gotwoot dont care for people who can't wait a few days. subbers and scanlators have lives too. they're not waiting anxiously to scan the next chapter just so people can get thier next fix.

That hurts.

Anyway... chapter is out... hopefully kids can be patient next week, or Sandy Claws will get mad :D

Assassin
Fri, 01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
ya thas right, we dont like your kind! >.> NOW AWAY WITH YOU!

heh, anyway, dont take the 1500 posts thng literally. my point is, he doesn't have the right to speak on belhalf of GW, especially since 99% of the forum members know better then to complain.

btw, RyougaZell: am i sandy claws ? :confused:

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Lol.
It was supposed to be Santa Claus... but while typing I thought about Night Before Christmas and how Jack Skellington referred to Santa as Sandy Claws.

Wasn't referring to you man... but even your avatar and signature have blade weapons... so... maybe now.

I'll take another year or two to get to 1500 posts btw.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 02-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I personally don't like this chapter. It really screws up Shika's character. He's a weak and brilliant tactian, he provides the set-up while other characters deliver the finishing blow (which requires strength he doesn't have).

This just seems ridiculous that his shadow techinque is strong enough to force an S-Class Criminal down a hole, with enough time to detonate exploding tags.

It would have been better if the back-up team reached Shika and helped him finish the fight.

mage
Sat, 02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
It doesn't screw up his character, it adds a new dimension to it, which is good.