PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

knifecrew
Thu, 01-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Hope this isn't in the wrong place. If so you can throw things at me.

Anyway, I was thinking about starting to read the manga, but there are a few questions that I have before and or if I choose to do so.

1. Does the anime follow the manga's storyline?
2. If yes, where would I pick up within the manga (ie. what volume/chapter) where the last episode of the anime (ep. 111) left off?
3. Is it truly going to be a good investment to purchase this manga? This is just out of curiousity, since I am not made of money, and the only other manga I've purchased is Death Note. Which I considere to be a wise choice. I'm just wondering what your opinions are, or if I should just be patient and wait for the anime to continue.

I'd appreciate a little help as I have no idea myself.

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
1. yes the anime is following the manga story line
2. 110-111 starts at chapter 185
3 it's worth buying in my oppinion but here is a site you can just read them off of so you won't have to buy them.
http://groups.msn.com/-Bleach-/chapter185.msnw

knifecrew
Thu, 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Thank you very much for the information. I'm still considering buying them, but I will also keep that link in mind should anything happen. :)

Deadfire
Thu, 01-18-2007, 11:56 PM
check up www.mangatraders.com for the chapters as well, it's gotwoot's sister site so you may know the staff there :)

knifecrew
Fri, 01-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Awesome. I will definitely check it out.

Kensee
Fri, 01-19-2007, 02:58 AM
It's not the greatest Manga in the world, but it does have some good points. Well worth organizing and downloading, and I would buy a few myself (cept I'm not completely sure how the english translated version sold in bookstores are like).

I believe someone already answered, but the anime does follow the manga cept none of the fillers nor those 3 dolls (Nova ... and the other 2) were ever included in the manga.

Yeah ... no bontou or anything that, but Aizen, and the new stuff in the recent anime episodes (not including the little mod souls like I said before) is following the manga.

knifecrew
Fri, 01-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Awesome. I think I'll follow it online for now. I might want to purchase some in the future since I'm really diggin' this arc. But thanks for all your guys' help. It is much appreciated.

Scarface
Wed, 01-31-2007, 06:14 PM
i have a question about something thats bothering me. Why can sado and orihime use their hollow powers as humans .....does this mean ichigo should be able to also?isnt he the reason they have power?

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 01-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Chad and Inoue with Hollow powers? Nononono

Inoue doesn't have Hollow powers. Where did you get that from?

And Chad has powers that are similair to Hollow powers. Doesn't mean they actually are Hollow powers. And if I can remember correctly is that they have their power because Ichigo was constantly leaking Spirit Power and affected those around him. Like Inoue and Chad.

One of Inoue's flowers said that Ichigo was the reason why Inoue's flowers they existed.

I think O.o

knifecrew
Wed, 01-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Perhaps the fact that Chad was comparing his strength to Hollow powers is where that assumption comes from. But no where in the manga were we introduced to Chad or Orihime having that kind of power.

Munsu
Wed, 01-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Well Chad himself said that his powers apparently came from a Hollow source. And one of the Vizards said that Orihime was pretty much the only person he knew that had powers similar to his, so Orihime's power might come from a Hollow source also. Part of the threory is that it came from Ichigo since he himself has hollow powers inside of him.

And Scarface, Chad and Orihime might have Hollow powers, but they don't posses a Hollow inside of them like Ichigo does. And Ichigo can use his Hollow powers, he just doesn't know how to completely control them yet.

Konohamaru
Tue, 02-27-2007, 04:46 AM
quick question:
When manga chapter starts when the anime started those fillers after leaving soul society?

thanx in advance

Yukimura
Tue, 02-27-2007, 08:33 AM
The anime stopped right before Volume 21 Chapter 183 or so.