PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 110 Discussion

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 01-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Fillers are over.

http://bt.saiyaman.info/download.php?id=3579&file=%5BS%5EM%5D+BLEACH+110+RAW.avi.torrent

ENJOY :D

Thread merged with discussion thread - MOD

Zati
Fri, 01-12-2007, 04:29 AM
DB just released! Enjoy the start of a new arc and hopefully no more fillers.

Episode 110 - DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b110.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 01-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Alright. It feels like Bleach once again. Of course the bloody dolls were still there, but fortunately the screen time they got was rather limited and they weren't made to do anything relevant. Let's hope it stays that way.

This stuff looks very promising, even if I have little idea where it's heading as I haven't read the manga. But naturally I prefer it that way!

Spiegel
Fri, 01-12-2007, 07:22 AM
I really think they should have done away with the bounto dolls part and put some good stuff in there, but I still loved it. I hate that it left me with that cliff hanger for a week but I can live with it... Where the hell did ol' Daddy come from? I defiantly was not expecting that.

DDBen
Fri, 01-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Its so nice to finally be back to the Manga storyline for Bleach this was a great episode as long as you ignore the freaken Bounto Dolls. Why couldn't they have just killed those stupid things off.

Deadfire
Fri, 01-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I didn't mind the dolls, it just added some flow to the story adding in that the arc we watched before wasn't useless (but we all know it was).

This EP was awesome, I got my wish of some Ichigo on hollow action. This arc will turn out to be awesome, the proof of this is all the seeds of future events they set up on this one.

And Daddy appearing was awesome in it's own right

Inazuma
Fri, 01-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Dolls could be interesting characters .... But the voice acting just ... makes me ... violent

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 01-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Dolls could be interesting characters .... But the voice acting just ... makes me ... violent

Only doll we need is kon, he is just awesome. No one likes the dolls because they aren't in the real story, only filler so just get rid of them lol. Was a good start so far, a little action and story mixed in. i can't wait for this arc to get deeper. Hope naruto starts off as good next month.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
The dolls don't bother me. It's obvious they were only in this episode to explain the fact that they are gonna be sitting around in Kuruhara's shop until the next filler arc.

Speaking of fillers, each of the kids in Don Konoji's Kids Squad should have one of the dolls.

Wait, why am I talking about this, when so much awsome shit was in this episode. Fucking King Fisher/shinagami hybrid! A Menos Grande that doesn't look like any of the others! Another shinigami/hollow hybrid(what are they called? Vizards?) And of course Ishida's dad(who we'd been previously led to believe wanted nothing to do with being a Quincy)!

It's only the first episode of the arc and I'm already on the edge of my nuts!

Conders
Fri, 01-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Man this was a great ep! Can't wait to see more of the manga stuff animated! : D
The dolls irritate me as it does to everybody else, however I think (hope) they just want take them away in a more classy way than "they aren't here no more, no one knows why", and take them out a bit more slowly... They did say that since they are bounty sensors they aren't of much use anymore, and hopefully the uselessness nwill make them fade away : )

RedX1z
Fri, 01-12-2007, 02:05 PM
it's good to see that the anime is going back on track. ichigo encounters someone just like him, always thought he was one of a kind, but guess i was wrong there. ishida's dad also being able to use quincy powers was a shock. when you see him in ishida's past, he just seems like your typhical businessman. anyways, looking foward to the next one.

Yukimura
Fri, 01-12-2007, 03:59 PM
It's great to finally see this stuff animated, though I was mad at the dol scene more b/c it wasted time that could have been used to show more real storyline which could have fit well into this episode. We'll probably see it next week but it still rubs me the wrong way that the fillers are still delaying the good stuff even if it's only a little. Ryuuken's entry was great though so it was still an excellent ep.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 01-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I was wondering why doesn't anyone teach ichigo how to control his power. This is the second time someone says he should keep his power in check because he brings unwanted attention (hollows). A whole bunch of people have high power like him, and they keep it in check so it can't be that he is to powerful.

darkshadow
Fri, 01-12-2007, 05:16 PM
great ep, thats all i can say, and shinji sounds just like i thought he would sound =D

Narasho
Fri, 01-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm just relieved the fillers are finally over. Decent episode, hopefully Bleach will continue to improve.

6Zabuza9
Fri, 01-12-2007, 06:17 PM
ishida's dad is ishida with white hair haha

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Which makes him cooler by default!

They did say that since they are bounty sensors they aren't of much use anymore, and hopefully the uselessness nwill make them fade away : )Only they aren't actually useful. Nova has bitchin teleportation powers. The others have powers too but I forgot what they are.

Better than Kon's "super leg power!" power.

Meteros
Fri, 01-12-2007, 08:55 PM
at the rate they're going per episode, i imagine a quick return to fillers

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
A very good episode indeed. Finally some real episodes.

Grand Fisher's comeback. Ryuuken's powers. Hirako's a Vaizard. Tatsuki saw Ichigo. Way excellent.

I don't mind the dolls though.

Im guessing all the Soul Society Arc and Bounto Arc took place during summer, since they are finally going back to school.

ToFuGuY
Fri, 01-12-2007, 10:49 PM
long summer eh?

awesome episode, although imo, the beginning was kinda slow.. hirako's voice is wicked!

cant wait til next epi

eat_toast
Fri, 01-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Wow, it's been awhile since there has been actual revelations during an episode huh? Very neat. It was a full episode, as in plot points and such, which I think they might have to tune down just a tad in order to not catch up too soon. Though in regards to that I think the scenes with the dolls could serve a purpose here, as some others have stated. One may be that it keeps the previous arc from becoming a useless blank in characters minds that didn't really happen. Another is that while they may take up screen time that could be used for content, maybe that's what the producers may have to do in order to not have to pull another filler arc on us. Who knows? Maybe this is the last time we'll see them. It wouldn't be a great loss. Hirako is great, as expected - same with Ishida's dad. And yes, for once it didn't take them an episode and a half to kill off a minor hollow. God bless storyline episodes.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-13-2007, 03:28 AM
I was actually kinda dissapointed seeing King Fisher so soon.

I mean, I realized that King Fisher is like Ichigo's nemesis amoung the bounto for obvious reasons. But I figured out a long time ago that they were gonna use him as one of the Vaizard hybrids. I mean, they had to, Ichigo would kill King Fisher in two seconds nowadays.

But I was expecting him to be alot higher up. I mean, it seems like he's one of the Vaizard prototypes. Like one of the first ones Aizen is experimenting with.

I'm wondering how becoming a Vaizard with Aizen's little black ball actually works. If it's a matter of merging a shinigami with a hollow, or if it's just making a shinigame into a hollow also and vice versa.

If it's the second, it must work both ways. I mean, Aizen wants to become a hollow in addition to being a shinigami. But King Fisher was a Hollow first. So obviously the black ball can awaken either type in a person...

I don't know. Not enough info yet.

Oh, question for the manga people. Is the afro-shinagami a real character, or a filler character? I can't quite tell.

Zati
Sat, 01-13-2007, 03:34 AM
I just checked back on the old chapters to make sure if his in the manga too and yes he was in it so his a real character.

masamuneehs
Sat, 01-13-2007, 02:39 PM
well it's been quite a while since i watched a Bleach episode. Had to remind myself at times that this wasn't a filler. That "reverse" fellow, Hirako or whatever, seems interesting, but i really wasn't too impressed yet, especially his "join us" speech.

i'm more glad to see Grand Fisher is back and see what they do with that storyline.

i thought the coolest things in this episode were Tatsuki seeing the Shinigami stuff (maybe she'll join the corps yet!) and how Ishida still managed to hold his own in that fight. His dad's entry was a little out of the blue, but looks like they'll go into that next episode.

and Hitsugaya and Matsumoto's being in the OP and ED so much better be for actual plot relevance and not simply fan service...

edit to below- well duh, she has titties like elbows, no accident that she's always dressed like that. But i was wondering more about why those 2 were picked to be in the OP. Cold logic indicates that's cuz they'll play a bigger role in the upcoming plot than other SS characters.... but knowing the whore-mongering that is television, it could also be cuz they're popular characters and won't be more important at all. The first kind of fan service is fine, but the second pisses me off

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Matsumoto's presence is ALWAYS fanservice.

And her in a schoolgirl outfit in the ending is, like, x10 fanservice!

XanBcoo
Sat, 01-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow...I'm lucky I happened to check this forum, or else I wouldn't have known the Bleach fillers were over. I've pretty much completely avoided the Bleach subforum while the fillers were going on, but I checked every now and then for a thread called "Bleach fillers ending" or something of the like. Not even an announcement on the front page? Tsk tsk...

Oh well, haven't downloaded the episode yet, but judging from the comments on this episode, it really does seem like the fillers are over. Happy days.

Assassin
Sat, 01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
I just checked back on the old chapters to make sure if his in the manga too and yes he was in it so his a real character.

Actually i think he appeared in the anime first, and then he showed up in the manga chapter like the week after.

Anyways a pretty good ep. Its good to see the manga storyline start up again, and i can't wait till the animate some of the stuff that happens later in this arc. Im sure you'll all enjoy it. Can't wait for the next ep to come out (i think the manga readers know why).

Btw, i skipped over the filler stuff, so could someone explain what happened with ishda. He lost his power back during the SS arc, so how did he fight and stuff in the fillers.

Kraco
Sat, 01-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Btw, i skipped over the filler stuff, so could someone explain what happened with ishda. He lost his power back during the SS arc, so how did he fight and stuff in the fillers.

He only fought towards the end of the fillers, when he got some only, dusty accessory from the Shinigami to replace, or supplement, his lost powers for a while (the way he got it was actually a part of a deeper plot, a deception of a kind). So, he could have a rather weak and unsteady bow. But it wasn't very sturdy and broke eventually. These things he used in this episode, I don't know if they are in the manga, weren't present at all in the fillers, as far as I noticed.

Yukimura
Sat, 01-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Those little capsules were in the manga but the explanation was that he made them while training (I assume training with the super bow). I guess they just took the opportunity to tie in the fillers with the rest of the plot here.

ChaosK
Sat, 01-13-2007, 08:14 PM
and Hitsugaya and Matsumoto's being in the OP and ED so much better be for actual plot relevance and not simply fan service...

Well, their popularity may just lead them into being the plot more often. I mean, I doubt we'll ever see an arc where Rukia is absent, and it would appear that Hitsuyaga and Matsumoto are also becoming regulars. And in the ending, if it has to do with the story then I'm psyched since Ikkaku, Yumichka, EVERYBODY is coming. :D

Mordecai
Sat, 01-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, that was a pretty amazing episode! I can't wait to see what the new arc will have in store (haven't even touched the manga >_>). Yes. I'm very glad they killed MORE THAN ONE hollow in one episode.
And here's a complimentary gif.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/malachi89/vlcsnap-500582.gif

JaySee
Sun, 01-14-2007, 01:20 AM
WOW! Who knew Kon knew how to do the "Chicken Noodle Soup" dance.

Oakleya
Sun, 01-14-2007, 02:11 AM
WTF Ichigo's dad is a shinigami!!! Wonder if you guys notice, on the ending scene, show right after Ichigo. The shinigami standing next to Ishida's dad, he's Ichigo's father.. well im pretty sure after comparing the flashback scene about the charm thing.

JaySee
Sun, 01-14-2007, 02:17 AM
They also hint at it at the end of the preview for the next episode.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Why, what'd they say?

WTF Ichigo's dad is a shinigami!!! Wonder if you guys notice, on the ending scene, show right after Ichigo. The shinigami standing next to Ishida's dad, he's Ichigo's father.. well im pretty sure after comparing the flashback scene about the charm thing.That's a good catch. I didn't even recognize him. Though it's not nessecarily the case. It may just be the ending dressing him up in that outfit. Since they also have that scene with all the shinigami dressed as high school students and I doubt that is actually going to happen.

Nai
Sun, 01-14-2007, 03:01 AM
Wow, one episode and I've already forgiven them entirely for the filler.

... Hirako, a new object of obsession? He sure did appear awesome and I simply love his voice.

High Wind
Sun, 01-14-2007, 03:22 AM
They also hint at it at the end of the preview for the next episode.
Why, what'd they say?

In the episode preview there was a conversation that went like
Ichigo: "Like father, like son. You're both messed up!"

And then some one else (filler character maybe? Didn't watch fillers) says "You really shouldn't talk, you know."

Ichigo: "Why?"

Filler character: "..... It's a secret"

I have to admit I didn't think much of it at first. Then I saw the post and went back and it sorta makes a lot of sense.

Kraco
Sun, 01-14-2007, 04:56 AM
So, if Ichigo's dad is a shinigami, he would have been faking his inability to sense spirits all the time?

DayoftheDante
Sun, 01-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Well, we know most shinigami with massive spirit force can mask it, but I'm curious as to WHY he'd mask it from his kid. I wonder how much he knows about what's happened to Ichigo thus far, too. I mean shit, I'd want to know if my son was out there beating CAPTAINS. So... Ishida already knew his dad was a Quincy? Man I'm dying to see what these two dads are capable of.

JaySee
Sun, 01-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Well, we knew Ishida's dad was a Quincy. We just didn't know that he actually trained his ability before denying his heritage to be a doctor.

Ichigo's dad being a Shinigami would explain why he and his sister have spirit force. It also explains how he had his own Shinigami powers after losing Rukia's. The shop owner must know Ichigo's dad. He's probably been reporting to him everything that's been going on.

I wonder how bad-ass his sisters will grow up to be.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
In the episode preview there was a conversation that went like
Ichigo: "Like father, like son. You're both messed up!"

And then some one else (filler character maybe? Didn't watch fillers) says "You really shouldn't talk, you know."

Ichigo: "Why?"

Filler character: "..... It's a secret"

I have to admit I didn't think much of it at first. Then I saw the post and went back and it sorta makes a lot of sense.Ah, first time I saw that, I thought that was Kon talking to Ririn. And she was referring to how Kon is dressed like a quincy too(Ishida sewed that symbol on the back of his head). But after rewatching it, that is Ichigo talking to Ririn, not Kon.

JaySee
Sun, 01-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I wonder if Kon has found out that he has a cross on his head yet. He could've seen it after going into Ichigo's body.

ChaosK
Sun, 01-14-2007, 04:46 PM
The theory with Ichigo's dad also makes sense and is one of those things where we smack our heads and go "how did we miss that?"

I man, Ichigo's excessive spirit energy has influenced his friends, and his two sisters, why in the world would his father be exempt from that? Obviously his dad could see hollows and Ichigo as a shinigami all along, which would infer that he wasn't surprised by it or else it should have led to confrontation. The preview suggests we'll get to see this unfold in the next episode.

Also, back before they entered soul society I believe Ichigo's dad gave him that good luck charm, well now it all makes sense, what kind of normal father sends off their kid without any idea where they're going, and just gives him a trinket?

Kraco
Sun, 01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
To be honest, Ichigo's dad wouldn't be quite normal even if he wasn't a shinigami. He's a pretty bizarre dude.

XanBcoo
Sun, 01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
HOLY SHIT! YES!

I've spent the past year thinking to myself: "When the manga storylines for Naruto or Bleach get back on track, I hope Masaya Onosaka plays one of the new characters in either show!".

I had a total fangasm when Hirako Shinji spoke his first line. I recognized him instantly (which is funny, because Onosaka is pretty much the only Japanese voice actor I can recognize just by hearing). His "Doing things in reverse is my specialty" line gave it away. No other voice actor does that voice-breaking thing quite as hilariously as he does.

Can someone pm me and tell me if this guy will be playing a major role in the upcoming arc or if he's just a low tier guy that will be disposed of soon? 'Cause that'd be freakin' awesome if he stuck around.

And yeah, aside from that, this episode was great. "Vaizard" huh? I guess that's what Hollow-Shinigami Hybrids are called. Major WTFness with Ichigo and Uruyu's dads too...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
To be honest, Ichigo's dad wouldn't be quite normal even if he wasn't a shinigami. He's a pretty bizarre dude.He's the worlds most lovable incestuous pedophile!

eat_toast
Sun, 01-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Hmm.... I can totally see the two dads arguing over whose son is most badass throughout this arc. lulz abound!

Mae
Sun, 01-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Nice ep. The new character seems interesting. Who's side is he recruiting for I wonder? Is he someone created by Aizen? Or maybe Aizen defected to an already established organization where this guy comes from?

Neat to see Ishida's dad show up. It makes sense that he has Quincy powers since they are hereditary. I just remember Ishida saying that his father wasn't interested in fighting the Hollows, not that he couldn't. He probably sensed the hollow and came out to check on his son. Wouldn't want him eaten even if they don't get along.

I hope they fill in his plot hole. Chad and Inoue live alone, so having them take off for a few weeks isn't unreasonable. Ichigo's excuses were pretty weak, but we might know why his father was so quick to buy them. Ishida's been kidnapped, put in the hospital, and has ran off to soul society, and seemingly noone in his family has noticed?

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
I think Ishida's mother is dead. I mean, he did once he and his father were the only Quincy's left, but that his father didn't care about them.

Or simply put, his mother lives away with his father and grew distant as well. Whatever.

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 01-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I think Ishida's mother is dead. I mean, he did once he and his father were the only Quincy's left, but that his father didn't care about them.

Or simply put, his mother lives away with his father and grew distant as well. Whatever.

His mother can be a regular human for all we know. Kinda like ichigos mom (at least i would think if she got killed by a hallow). That could be the reason his father doesn't fight hallows, or cares about all that.

ChaosK
Mon, 01-15-2007, 11:23 AM
His mother can be a regular human for all we know. Kinda like ichigos mom (at least i would think if she got killed by a hallow). That could be the reason his father doesn't fight hallows, or cares about all that.

I suppose that depends if you consider Chad and Inoue "regular humans" since I think his mom was able to see the Hollows. And if Ichigo's dad is indeed a shinigami, then his superfluous spirit energy must have affected her too.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Ah, this is nice. It's been so long since a discussion thread broke 50 replies. It's good having something worth discussing again.

Darthmoe
Mon, 01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Finding out now that ichigo's father is a shinigami, i think it may be possible that his mother was a hollow of some sort, or one of the first vaizards maybe. Maybe that is why ichigo turned into a vaizard type, half hollow half shinigami. I am not a manga reader by the way, this is all speculation

XanBcoo
Mon, 01-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe that is why ichigo turned into a vaizard type, half hollow half shinigami.
Oh man, there was an epic debate about this topic back around episode 60 or so.

I suppose that depends if you consider Chad and Inoue "regular humans" since I think his mom was able to see the Hollows. And if Ichigo's dad is indeed a shinigami, then his superfluous spirit energy must have affected her too.
Wait...Ichigo's mom could see Hollows?

UChessmaster
Mon, 01-15-2007, 09:32 PM
i doubt she could, there was a debate about her somewhere though...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't see how Ichigo's mom could possibly be a Hollow. Unless she became one after dying, and if that's the case, Ichigo couldn't have inherited anything from her then.

Hollow Ichigo comes from one of two places.

1. From when Uruhara dumped him in the hole and Ichigo didn't get out till the last second and almost became a Hollow.

2. When Rukia gave Ichigo her powers, the black orb vaizard maker thing inside her leaked.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 01-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure she got the "black orb vaizard maker thing inside her" after she gave Ichigo her powers. I could be wrong though.

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 01-15-2007, 11:12 PM
ichigo almost became a hallow because urahara broke his life chain. He almost became a hallow but before he fully changed he gained his shinigami powers. Since he became a hallow for that short period of time and he is a shinigami he has both power as a viazard or w/e you call em.

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm pretty sure she got the "black orb vaizard maker thing inside her" after she gave Ichigo her powers. I could be wrong though.

Indeed. It came to her with Urahara's fake body.

darkshadow
Tue, 01-16-2007, 02:04 AM
you guys should listen to what FMA said.

Animeniax
Tue, 01-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Wow, it's amazing how everyone is so cheery and easy-going now that they think fillers are done. If this had been a filler episode, I'm sure we'd have heard the following complaints:

animation was poor at times
re-hash of Ichigo clothes-lining Keigo
re-hash of Keigo accusing the main four of leaving him out
re-hash of Tatsuki clobbering that one chick for groping Inoue
how did Tatsuki know it was his Dad who sewed on the good luck charm, and not one of his sisters
re-hash of the two punks absent from class
some kind of wise crack about the shinigami badge and its "automatically generated field"
why did Inoue and Chado run to help Ichigo, when he's so powerful
why did Inoue think the hollow wouldn't be around anymore
etc
etc

Pretty good episode overall.

Kraco
Tue, 01-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Did your post have some point? The fillers are over, and there shouldn't be anything amazing about everybody being glad. There are people who like Bleach very much, myself included. And as strange as it might sound, the more you like Bleach, the less you might like the fillers.

If you have been sustaining yourself for a year with some industrial stuff barely resembling food, you are likely to be very glad when offered a real homemade meal, even if the cook wasn't some three michelin stars one and there might or might not have been some problems with the fare.

Kensee
Tue, 01-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Wait .... king fisher changed into a hybrid? Does that mean he has a sword now? Completely forgot if they showed him having a sword or not.

Anyhow, good to see them back to the normal storyline, the new character's voice is just as i pictured it. Good start so far ^_^.

Animeniax
Tue, 01-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Did your post have some point? The fillers are over, and there shouldn't be anything amazing about everybody being glad. There are people who like Bleach very much, myself included. And as strange as it might sound, the more you like Bleach, the less you might like the fillers.

If you have been sustaining yourself for a year with some industrial stuff barely resembling food, you are likely to be very glad when offered a real homemade meal, even if the cook wasn't some three michelin stars one and there might or might not have been some problems with the fare.
Ummm, yeah it has a point. When it was filler time, these little details were deplorable and completely unacceptable. Now they're glossed over or not even mentioned. Why the change? To use your meal example, if you eat crap for a year and whine about it continuously, then you get a homemade meal that's crap, how is it suddenly better and there's no more whining. Just pointing out the double-standards.

Anyway, it was a good episode. Personally I didn't like the rehash of the school scenes that were so wicked the first time they were used.

@kensee: Why doesn't steroid-enhanced Grand Fisher upset everyone as much as steroid-enhanced Mizuki from Naruto?

Kraco
Tue, 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
But the thing is, like you said yourself in your first post, that it wasn't crap.

Now we are enjoying again a good homemade meal that might have a bit too much or little salt, yet it's by default much more enjoyable than some goo that played the role of food for such a long time. And when people are happy, why would they complain? Don't make the mistake of thinking most of viewers would complain because they like complaining more than enjoying a good story.

Narasho
Tue, 01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
And as strange as it might sound, the more you like Bleach, the less you might like the fillers.

I agree completely. The truth of this statement should not be ignored.

Munsu
Tue, 01-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Ummm, yeah it has a point. When it was filler time, these little details were deplorable and completely unacceptable. Now they're glossed over or not even mentioned. Why the change? To use your meal example, if you eat crap for a year and whine about it continuously, then you get a homemade meal that's crap, how is it suddenly better and there's no more whining. Just pointing out the double-standards.

Anyway, it was a good episode. Personally I didn't like the rehash of the school scenes that were so wicked the first time they were used.

@kensee: Why doesn't steroid-enhanced Grand Fisher upset everyone as much as steroid-enhanced Mizuki from Naruto?
I agree with most of your post. I believe the reason those minor details were ignored is because we actually have other shit to talk about, as with fillers there was nothing worth discussing so why not take a crack at all the worthless shit we were "forced" to watch. Most of the complaints you mentioned on the first post I have, just didn't see the necessity to post them when other matters are more worthy of discussion.
You said it yourself, it was a good episode overall, so why not focus on the good and important things instead of discussing worthless and uneventful scenes that probably have no importance in the story line.
Also, in past times when someone made a statement on how bad an episode was, it was good for him to support his answer, hence why he would detail everything bad he found with the episode. If your purpose is to show how much you liked the episode or how the episode was good, there's no reason for you to contradict yourself by posting about those worthless scenes mentioned.
Anyways, I agree that the jokes were aweful (as I almost always find them in anime) and some of those other instances you mentioned did bother me, I just chose to ignore them in order to enjoy the episode, as I often do with almost everything I watch to increase the chances of me enjoying them.

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-16-2007, 02:22 PM

crappy meal or actual crap, what would you take?

XanBcoo
Tue, 01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Seriously though, Animaniax is right. The animation was pretty shitty. The characters were off-model in just about every scene.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2392/shittyarteo8.jpg

Honestly, what's so hard about making sure that Ichigo's eyes are at least focused?? Why is Orihime's face sloping? Beh...At least the second part of the episode looked half-decent.

Despite all that, I'm gonna agree with Bud and Darthender. There's interesting material to be discussed now, so people will naturally address those points first and enjoy the episode. I'm looking forward to this arc.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Wait .... king fisher changed into a hybrid? Does that mean he has a sword now? Completely forgot if they showed him having a sword or not.He definatly has a Zanpaktou now. They show it at 17:10.

el_boss
Mon, 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
I heard that the filler ended so I'm back. :D

This episode was sort of incoherent, but that's probably because I haven't watched the show since ep sixty-something.

The plot is so so, I mean couldn't they come up with some new designs? They totally ripped of Gin or whatever that smiling guys name was... I mean evil glasses man's accomplice.

Also I agree that this ep looked like crap. That's why I thought it was still fillermaterial at first.