PDA

View Full Version : Nodame Cantabile

Zati
Fri, 01-12-2007, 03:15 AM
This is one of the series that I am really interested in, because I been hearing great things about it, and the manga/live-action is really popular right now. Wow, what a nice voice cast this series is going to have, you can look at the bottom for notable voice actors, looks good!

Based on the awarded shoujo manga by Tomoko Ninomiya.

Shinichi Chiaki is the top piano student at his university and an excellent violinist, but Chiaki doesn`t care about playing these instruments as much as he dreams of someday being a conductor. Chiaki, however, has several deeply rooted fears about traveling, and so finds himself "trapped" in Japan. Because he`s trapped, Chiaki starts to question exactly how far he can possibly go in music, especially when he`s passed over again and again for others he thinks are less worthy of musical scholarship and fame.

Recently dumped by his girlfriend for a "sausage" looking fellow, passed over for a chance to go overseas, removed from his star spot in the piano competition because he walked out on his piano instructor, Chiaki is at his limit. This is when he meets Nodame, or Megumi Noda. Nodame is a free — if filthy — spirit who reminds Chiaki that music can be fun. She reminds him what drew him to be a conductor in the first place and, in learning how to deal with Nodame, Chiaki learns how to deal with others. Chiaki begins to realize what is possible for him, even on the tiny island of Japan.

For Nodame, Chiaki is everything she isn`t. Clean, neat, dedicated, studious and inherently arrogant about his accomplishments and capabilities, Chiaki constantly bullies her into being more serious about life. He sees potential in her and her abilities as a pianist that she doesn`t care about. She loves Chiaki and wants to be with him, but, because she`s not serious about her piano studies nor her personal hygiene, Chiaki denies her affections again and again.

But Chiaki and Nodame complete each other in ways no other can, a musical compliment that neither of them can completely escape entirely. Watching them grow as people and musicians, and even as a couple, is an interesting ride.
- AniDB

Notable Voice Actors: Seki Tomokazu (Chiaki Shinichi) - Sagara Sousuke (FMP,Fumoffu?,Second Raid)
Kawasumi Ayako (Nodo Megumi) - Saber (Fate/stay Night), Fuu (Samurai Champloo)
Nakai Kazuya (Etou Kouzou) - Zoro (One Piece), Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
Kobayashi Sanae (Kiyora Miki) - Nyuu/Lucy (Elfen Lied), Pai/Ender (.hack//Roots)
Noto Mamiko (Saku Sakura) - Enma Ai (Jigoku Shoujo I/II), Anna (Ichigo Mashimaro)
Suwabe Junichi (Kikuchi Tooru) - Archer (Fate/stay Night), Takakura Kyosuke (NANA)
Nabatame Hitomi (Tagaya Saiko) - Arcrueid (Tsukihime), Nobue (Ichigo Mashimaro)
Kawada Shinji (Mine Ryutaro) - Shino (Naruto)

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4691
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3850,hdrqem,nodame_cantabil.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7010
http://www.nodame-anime.com/

kooshi
Fri, 01-12-2007, 03:32 AM
YAY!! This is finally here!!
I have seen the live-action and it was absolutely fantastic. I am extremely anxious to see how the anime will turn out. However, I think it'll take me a little time to re-adjust to the voices since the current voice actors/actresses are most likely going to sound different from the live-action cast (ahh, who cares though, change is sometimes good ^_^ )

Kraco
Fri, 01-12-2007, 04:04 AM
I can't say the plot would sound that interesting to me, but you are absolutely correct about the voice actor cast - it looks outrageously great. Well, only time can tell whether I end up having a look at this or not.

NeoBear
Sun, 01-14-2007, 04:00 AM
http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/%5BC1%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_01%5BXviD%5D%5BA333BDE6%5D.avi.torrent

episode 1 lets test this puppy out =D

Munsu
Mon, 01-15-2007, 11:49 PM
So, how is this turning out? Apparently the first airing was popular in Japan:

Nodame Cantabile Breaks Late Night Record
Nodame Cantabile's 1 a.m. broadcast on January 11 scored a record-breaking 5.4% rating in Japan. The previous late night anime record of 4.8% was held by Hajime no Ippo.

kooshi
Tue, 01-16-2007, 12:35 AM
I thought the first episode was pretty good. All the voice actors so far have done a great job in getting the characters down. The pacing seems a little fast and itty bitty details are left out, but those are extremely minor.
The only thing that bugged me about it is that it didn't seem as wacky as it should be. I just feel that the funny parts could've been.... funnier and there is the lack of background music which just made the live-action... wacky, haha.

Hmm.... I just have a feeling that I'm kinda biased, so it's probably better to listen to someone who has seen the anime only.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-16-2007, 02:20 AM
I havent watched the live action, and I thought it was hell good. The story itself was interesting, and the main character (being egoistic yet with the talent to back it) is quite refreshing, and nodame is a kind of a higher level idiot girl character (higher level idiocy). They make a really good pair. Im really tempted to read the manga, but since its a music show, it should logically be better in anime so im gonna stick to it for a while. I just dont like live action.

Everon
Sun, 01-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Watched the first episode, really enjoyed listening to the variations, whoever's working behind the scenes to make the music must be having fun.

Preacher
Tue, 01-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Episode 2 is up by C1: http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/%5BC1%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_02%5BXviD%5D%5BA3E85FD0%5D.avi.torrent

I have to say this series was a pleasent surprise, and one of if not the only one where I preffered the anime over the manga.

Knives122
Wed, 01-24-2007, 09:19 PM
I usually don't watch shows like this but decided to try it out b/c it had classical music in it. And I think it's very good, I will definitely be watching this show.

Plus it's pretty damn funny.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-25-2007, 03:19 AM
This is really good so far. I am not really familiar with classical music, and to be honest I cant really tell the difference between the variations much, but it is done so well that it doesnt matter.

Megumi is so funny, and damn cute.

kooshi
Fri, 01-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Episode 2 by Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_02%5BF7851A61%5D.mp4.torrent)

Woot, another awesome episode. All of the character interactions are just irresistable, especially between Chiaki and Nodame. The only thing I miss is Mine's hair from the live-action:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/kooshi/nodame0243LG.jpg

This is really good so far. I am not really familiar with classical music, and to be honest I cant really tell the difference between the variations much, but it is done so well that it doesnt matter.

Megumi is so funny, and damn cute.

Yeah, it's extremely difficult to notice the differences between good and bad classical music. I find that the best way to notice is to get the actual song the characters play and just compare. In Mine and Nodame's case, they slightly change the tempo at times and play louder at the soft parts and etc. (which is why Chiaki says that it's sloppy).

And yes, Nodame is very cute and funny :)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Oh my god, that hair is from live action? Probably the 1st time live action seemed more unreal than anime for me. Might just start watching the live action just to see where that hair will go.

yallo
Fri, 01-26-2007, 08:18 AM
LOL at that incredible hair.

Yeah the variations in the pieces are done fantastically. It was hilarious when Chiaki whacked Nodame for making a mistake in the 2nd bar heh. And I almost fell off my chair when I heard Mine's rendition of Spring sonata. That was so wrong! Like a punk rock variation or something heh.

Looking forward to Ep 3. =)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Im kind of regretting not taking a liking to classical music before just because it seems it would make this anime that much more enjoyable. I dont really notice anything, not even the differences from 1 variation to the other, and am just following what they are saying in the dialogue to get what is happening.

Still, I dont really have any intention to listen to classical music even now. I guess ill just have to enjoy Nodame at a lower level.

Kraco
Sun, 02-04-2007, 03:26 AM
Let's hear a few more beats:

Episode 3 - C1 (http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/%5BC1%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_03%5BXviD%5D%5B49B90F6D%5D.avi.torrent)

chobits1217
Sun, 02-04-2007, 04:36 AM
man....got to say Nodame is the first anime that kept me laughing the whole time. 3 episodes so far and all made me laugh so much, not even full metal panic fumofu could do that, nor school rumble.....
i introduced this series to my friend, and now we both go on baka everyday, refresh the page once an hour, hoping to see the next episode of Nodame ASAP!

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!

Everon
Mon, 02-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Im kind of regretting not taking a liking to classical music before just because it seems it would make this anime that much more enjoyable. I dont really notice anything, not even the differences from 1 variation to the other, and am just following what they are saying in the dialogue to get what is happening.

Still, I dont really have any intention to listen to classical music even now. I guess ill just have to enjoy Nodame at a lower level.

I guess you'll have to take their word for it. When they're talking about mistakes, it isn't always about hitting the right notes. Chiaki's usually more pissed that they don't pay attention to tempo or how dynamic (loudly) they should playing.

High Wind
Wed, 02-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Nodame Cantabile - C1Anime (http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/%5BC1%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_04%5BXviD%5D%5B81DF6BC1%5D.avi.torrent)

I'm liking this series more and more, it's very Honey & Clover-esque.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Well the art is pretty much exactly the same. Its got a very different premise though, so whether it will go in the same "drama" direction I dont know

kooshi
Thu, 02-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Yes, the artwork is very similar to H&C. Heck, even the director of H&C is directing NC.
However, H&C and NC are two really different stories, so I don't think that they can end up the same in that sense.

Everon
Mon, 02-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Well, Nodame Cantabile isn't really about unrequited love. Certainly a lot more lighthearted.

BTW, I've been really enjoying the C1 translations, has anyone checked out the other translations?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Been watching the raws, so cant help you there.

It is about unrequited love, at least for now. Doesnt even matter if it is, since it is fundamentally a comedy, while H and C is a drama.

oyabun
Wed, 02-14-2007, 07:39 AM
I love HNC, and im starting to like this anime, i just hope it doesn't lead to the same love conclusion of HNC. a good romance comedy is good once in a while :D.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Seconded, I really hated how H and C season 2 ended. That is partly why I am hoping this stays a comedy (also because it is so funny)

KitKat
Fri, 02-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Well, I watched the first two episodes of this last night. About time I started watching a current series. I'm really liking this one a lot. I don't watch many comedy animes, so this is a really fun change of pace for me. As someone who took both piano and violin lessons (ok ok, so maybe I only played violin when I was in kindergarten when I had an awesome violin teacher and then he moved away and the new teacher wasn't good a knowing how to teach kids so that was the end of that) I find the technical musical aspects of this anime to be really fascinating. I'm definitely putting this on my 'Must Watch' list and sending it over to my brother who is majoring in music at university.

And that picture of Mine's hair from the live action....priceless! I'm downloading the live action now, just for that, lol.

kooshi
Fri, 02-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Episode 5 by Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_05%5B72B25001%5D.mp4.torrent)

Wow, people really love live-action Mine's hair, hahaha. Yeah, when I first saw it, I was thinking, "Holy jeez, that's some crazyass hair!!" Still, that can't be the reason why people should download the live-action :p

KitKat
Sat, 02-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Episode 5 by Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_05%5B72B25001%5D.mp4.torrent)

Wow, people really love live-action Mine's hair, hahaha. Yeah, when I first saw it, I was thinking, "Holy jeez, that's some crazyass hair!!" Still, that can't be the reason why people should download the live-action :p
Hehe, now that I've seen the first couple episodes of the live-action, I agree with you there. In fact, I think I may even like it better than the anime. I need to watch a few more episodes of both to decide, but so far the live-action seems to take a bit more time explaining things, so the story is a bit more coherent. I also think the differences in music style are more evident in the live-action, but maybe that's just because I'm watching more closely for it this time around.

kooshi
Sun, 02-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Not only did they explain things a bit more clearly, but the live-action is wackier than the anime. Plus, Nodame is so damn cute and plays the part extremely well. Unfortunately, I find Chiaki to be colder and harsher.

KitKat
Mon, 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Not only did they explain things a bit more clearly, but the live-action is wackier than the anime.
Yeah, do you know which corresponds more closely to the manga? I wasn't sure if it's just a really wacky series or if Japanese television is just wacky in general.

Plus, Nodame is so damn cute and plays the part extremely well.
Hee hee! She's so adorable! Great choice of actress.

Unfortunately, I find Chiaki to be colder and harsher.
But he's so dreamy! ;)
I think the coldness suits his character better. I can't really say anything about the end of the series since I haven't seen past the first few episodes, but I'm hoping that the increased coldness of his demeanour will make the gradual change in his character more apparent as Nodame starts to wear off on him. It also is a great contrast to how upbeat Nodame and Mine are. And the expression on his face when he thinks about going on a plane....I nearly fell off my chair laughing!

Kraco
Tue, 02-20-2007, 03:03 AM
More animated wackiness:

Episode 6 xvid - C1 (http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/%5BC1%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_06%5BXviD%5D%5BD58E39D6%5D.avi.torrent)

Munsu
Wed, 02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I just watched the first 5 episodes,Froth-Bite version, and I have to say that this is really a fun series. Most of the time I can't tell what's happening in the music scenes, they all sound the same to me. Might check out that live-action later since you guys seem to think it's good.

Anyways, be careful with what you say about Honey & Clover in this thread, I haven't watched it yet and if I get spoiled it'll be the end of you in this forum. Fair warning.

yallo
Sun, 02-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Oh man that old man Milhe (?) is so disgustingly lecherous. Especially the scene where his lips puckered up for the kiss with Nodame...
*shudders*

It's hilarious how everyone in the orchestra thinks everyone else is damn lousy. I can't tell the difference between the Chiaki's version and Milhe's version of the music though... they all sound exactly the same to me. =_=|||

Kitkat: where are you downloading the live action episodes from? Heh I wonder if Nodame's screams (mugyaaa! gyaboh!) are as fantastical in the live action. That'd be pretty funny. ^^

Kraco
Sun, 02-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Heh I wonder if Nodame's screams (mugyaaa! gyaboh!) are as fantastical in the live action. That'd be pretty funny. ^^

They are there, and in a certain sense they may be even funnier, because at least for me it's peculiar to watch live action with such utterances. It's also funny in general how details that don't really catch your attention in anime look quite unrealistic or exaggerated in live action. But I guess it's good they left them there.

yallo
Sun, 02-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Cool... I'm definitely going to find and watch the live action version then.

By the way. For those interested, you can download the Nodame songs from here (http://d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_41725.htm). By songs, I mean the background music and not the OP/ED. Enjoy ^^

kooshi
Sun, 02-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Nodame's screams in the live-action are better, simply because the actress adds these cute little movements while screaming at times. Other than that, there's not much difference.

And thank you for the link to the songs, I've been meaning to get some classical music into my archives :)

KitKat
Sun, 02-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh man that old man Milhe (?) is so disgustingly lecherous. Especially the scene where his lips puckered up for the kiss with Nodame...
*shudders*

It's hilarious how everyone in the orchestra thinks everyone else is damn lousy. I can't tell the difference between the Chiaki's version and Milhe's version of the music though... they all sound exactly the same to me. =_=|||

Kitkat: where are you downloading the live action episodes from? Heh I wonder if Nodame's screams (mugyaaa! gyaboh!) are as fantastical in the live action. That'd be pretty funny. ^^

Yeah, he's even more creepy in the live-action. That whole kissing thing is drawn out so long, to proportions of ultimate creepiness.

I came across some torrents for the live-action on this site called d-addicts. (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php) I've only downloaded the first two so far though, so I don't know if all of them are subbed. Guess I'll download more and find out. I'm actually really liking pacing the live-action together with the anime so I'm at roughly the same point in both.

Kraco
Mon, 02-26-2007, 12:31 AM
From what I could understand from digging around d-addicts, two first have been hardsubbed (I've only these), and then for the raws there are softsub files available at the subber's site (I don't remember the address). When I checked the situation, it was, if memory serves, softsubbed till the fourth episode. And of course if you can read Chinese there seems to be a good availability of subs...

kooshi
Mon, 02-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Soft sub website (http://www.s-projects.org/)

There ya guys go, the soft subs for the entire season! Take note that the translations can be quite weird and/or incorrect at times, but it's understandable. Be sure to download the correct video file!

Everon
Mon, 02-26-2007, 02:29 AM
I watched the first two live episodes on youtube today. It doesn't really follow the manga, but I thought the acting was good.

The only thing that bothers me is watching the actors pretending to play instruments. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm a musician (enthusiast not professional). I keep noticing things and it drives me nuts.

Thanks kooshi, now I just need to find the right files.

yallo
Mon, 02-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks a lot, KitKat & Kooshi, for the links!
:)

The only thing that bothers me is watching the actors pretending to play instruments.

Aww I hope that isn't too obvious, if not it's going to drive me nuts too. =|

Chaos
Mon, 02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
I watched the first two live episodes on youtube today. It doesn't really follow the manga, but I thought the acting was good.

The only thing that bothers me is watching the actors pretending to play instruments. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm a musician (enthusiast not professional). I keep noticing things and it drives me nuts.

Thanks kooshi, now I just need to find the right files.

Yeah, I agree...in the live-action there was obviously an emphasis on the actual playing of the instruments and the still shots aren't really doing it for me. Fortunately I like the VA playing Nodame and its still pretty funny.

Everon
Tue, 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
From what I can tell most people aren't terrible at mimicry. Maybe they had some choreography; I think a few know how to play at least a little. Its pretty clear that Mine and Chiaki are faking.

Its not that big of deal now that I think of it. It would have been an extreme requirement if every actor needed to know how to play.

Lucifus
Wed, 02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Just caught up and hooked on the series.:cool:

Sandldan
Wed, 02-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Got this series recommended to me by a friend, just caught up to it and im enjoying it quite a bit. Will need to stop watching it late at night when everyones asleep at home, hard to keep silent at times

kooshi
Thu, 03-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Wow, it's really great to see people enjoying this series! I would've thought that the classical music part would discourage many people, but it doesn't seem like it's the case :)

Kraco
Thu, 03-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Wow, it's really great to see people enjoying this series! I would've thought that the classical music part would discourage many people, but it doesn't seem like it's the case :)

Classical music would discourage people? I don't really know if that's just a far too hasty assumption, and I'm not saying I couldn't ever think like that myself, but on the other hand it's good to remember most of the big spectacle movies, for example, rely solely on classical music (examples are too numerous to list, but think of LOTR or Star Wars, etc.). And also great many animes do that as well. So, even if all the people don't buy and listen to classical music cds, they surely have heard lots of it; both modern and the "classic" classical music.

KitKat
Thu, 03-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the softsub website, kooshi! Now I can watch both the anime and the live-action at roughly the same pace.

I found that watching the actors 'play' didn't really bother me at all. I'm also more convinced that the differences in playing is more pronounced in the live-action. For instance, in the anime when Chiaki points out the squeaky clarinet, I wouldn't have been able to tell, but in the live-action, the squeaking is painfully obvious.

And in terms of the appeal of classical music, I think it's maybe more so the fact that many of us have had music lessons or played in a highschool band, so we can sympathize with the characters to a certain extent.

Everon
Fri, 03-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah, the only real variations I've heard were coming mostly in the first episodes with Mine and Nodame. I'm not exactly sure why they haven't done variations on the symphonies so far.

In any case, I'm enjoying the anime. I can't wait till they come out with an OST.

Munsu
Fri, 03-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Episode 6 by Froth-Bite.

http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_06%5BC63D6758%5D.mp4.torrent

Kraco
Fri, 03-02-2007, 02:22 AM
And in terms of the appeal of classical music, I think it's maybe more so the fact that many of us have had music lessons or played in a highschool band, so we can sympathize with the characters to a certain extent.

Yes, indeed. I don't know why I forgot that! >_<

kooshi
Fri, 03-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Ahh, the good ol' music lessons when we were little kids. I should really whip out my violin and start practicing it again, haha.

As for episode 6, I kinda felt that the whole scenario with Sakura was solved a little too quickly. It just seemed to zoom through everything.
Other than that, it was another awesome episode. I'd say the best part was when Chiaki lost his patience and snapped (pun intended). There is no way a conductor should tolerate the crap he has been getting from his orchestra.

Munsu
Fri, 03-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Episode 7 by Anime-Keep:
http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/%5BAnime-Keep%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_07_%5BH.264_AAC%5D%5B720p %5D%5B6DFA88EF%5D.mkv.torrent

Lucifus
Sat, 03-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Loved this ep. Great stuff.:cool:

complich8
Tue, 03-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Episode 8 (anime-keep) (http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/%5BAnime-Keep%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_08_%5BH.264_AAC%5D%5B720p %5D%5B6D1FC5DD%5D.mkv.torrent) is out.

Lucifus
Tue, 03-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Excellent. Gotta watch this before I head to bed.:rolleyes:
Comment later.

Edit: Oh man, I can't wait for the next ep. This one was great. You can't beat Stresseman.

Yukimura
Wed, 03-14-2007, 01:57 AM
After hearing so much about this in #gotwoot I figured I'd give it a try. I don't usually like classical music b/c it makes me feel things I'd rather not feel, though I do appreciate it's beauty. However there was more than enough humor in this to balance out the very pleasant piano playing so now I'm definitely interested. I should be caught up by tomorrow.

KitKat
Thu, 03-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I really liked this episode a lot. It looks like they're building some depth into Stresseman's character rather than having him continue to be the one-dimensional perverted old man stereotype. I loved the deportation scene, and how he reappeared the next day. And the reason that he's there was a complete surprise to me. I like being surprised by an anime. In the last couple episodes the story seemed to be dragging a little, but it has picked up nicely now. I'm very much looking forward to the next ep.

kooshi
Fri, 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Finally caught up with the series and I really like where this is going. Hahaha, good ol' Stressman, I always love it whenever he appears on the screen. Just his appearance is good enough to get a small laugh out of me. And yeah, I agree with KitKat about being surprised on why he decided to go to the music academy, despite his.... actions and personality towards other women. Nodame should just slug him again, haha.

Munsu
Sun, 03-18-2007, 02:23 PM
9 by Froth:
http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_09%5B77862783%5D.mp4.torrent

Kraco
Sun, 03-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Another excellent episode. Some ego boost for a few character... And not so much for one other. I guess. Although with Nodame it's always hard to say, since for her only Chiaki's words matter anymore. However, Chiaki seemed to take that old lady's words seriously, so it'll be interesting to see if his attitude towards Nodame gets worse. After all until now he has considered her to have a special talent, even if that talent is much of the time buried under a ton of trash. Still, Chiaki isn't, or shouldn't be or haven't been, a person who would just believe somebody else's opinion and leave it at that.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-18-2007, 07:01 PM
So, a question for those who seem to know more about the subtleties of what they're doing with each of the pieces. (I know little about classical music.)

Was Nodame's version of the piano piece in episode 9 supposed to be an angry or desperate variation of that? That's what it sounded like to me. I could definitely tell something was very off with it compared to the others under Nina. Was it supposed to be impressive, or just very strange?

rgrintz
Sun, 03-18-2007, 09:32 PM
i'm going to say impressive. considering the reaction that it got from nina.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-19-2007, 10:37 AM
More good times with Nodame and co. I liked Nodame's mindless determination to not suck, and it's too bad she couldn't get recognized by Nina, but then success just isn't her style.

One thing that's starting to annoy me is that they rarely animate anything while the Orchestra is playing, or Chiaki is conducting. The use of lots of still shots takes away from the experience, though I suspect they do it to emphasize the music.

complich8
Mon, 03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
One thing that's starting to annoy me is that they rarely animate anything while the Orchestra is playing, or Chiaki is conducting. The use of lots of still shots takes away from the experience, though I suspect they do it to emphasize the music.

That struck me a lot this episode too.

My theory is that they blew their budget on orchestration and couldn't afford animation too. But that's a somewhat ... cynical interpretation :p.

Munsu
Thu, 03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
I thought I had complained earlier about that, there usually not being any animation for when the characters play their instruments... guess I only thought about it and forgot to post it. So, I agree with you guys...

Anyways, I hope that someone kills that timpani afro "chick" already. And Nodame going zombie and ape mode was awesome. Too bad no one saw her play, and Chiaki seemed to have lost some faith in her. I thought he would defend her more aggresively with her teacher who he knew since he was little, but he simply accepted the facts she gave him without no real explanation.

I wonder if in time and in the future we'll see Chiaki and Nodame incorporating their music somehow, since apparently they're both in very different paths that should drive them far appart has they progress in their careers. Luckily for Nodame, Chiaki is a pussy who can't travel.

It also seems like there will be a new character that will take screen time frequently from now one. Might possibly become a love interest... I guess that makes 4 primary characters that have shown an interest in Chiaki's love life.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-22-2007, 08:02 AM
There's also the long-forgotten and rarely appearing Saiko, the vocalist major. She seemed to be considerably close to Chiaki, and we haven't really seen her since episode 3.

Wonder what happened to her...

Munsu
Thu, 03-22-2007, 08:18 AM
That's why I mentioned 4...

Saiko, Nodame, Afro, and the reporter now... And as you, I wonder why they haven't shown much of her lately.

Munsu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Here's 10 by Froth:
http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_10%5B48804161%5D.mp4.torrent

kooshi
Thu, 03-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Another great episode. Stresemann is a lot more silly in this episode with him demonstrating some "sexy movements" and his comment on Chiaki's charm.
However, the part that disappointed me the most was the Rhapsody in Blue concert. I know that the animation during the concerts have been mainly still-animations, but I was really hoping that the animators would make it more lively for this song. This concert was my favorite in the live-action, so I guess I was expected to be disappointed, hehe.

Regardless, the best part of this episode was at the end with Stresemann announcing his departure after their concert. It's something you wouldn't expect this early, especially after his escape from his manager earlier on. The question is: how will Chiaki take this?

Kraco
Fri, 03-30-2007, 07:57 AM
A great episode, indeed. While the still picture concerts bother me as well, I guess I'm getting use to them slowly, despite watching also the live-action. They have been like that all the time, so it's just too hopeful to expect anything else at this point, anymore.

I was happy to notice Chiaki hasn't apparently changed his attitude towards Nodame despite what the teacher over at the camp said, and how Chiaki seemed to take it back then. But now it seems he just treats her as he always did, and also wasn't overly critical during the strange S-concert.

Well, this series is bound to change somewhat after Stresemann leaves, but it remains to be seen how. Personally, I'm letting the anime lead, so my live-action knowledge is always behind, and thus I have no idea how it will affect Chiaki.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-30-2007, 11:24 PM
And just like that, we get another episode:

Episode 11 [froth-bite]
http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_11%5B1A9819D3%5D.mp4.torrent

I felt that this episode was far and away the best episode so far. There was so much packed into it, that it nearly felt three times as long. First, we get a really excellent concerto that really made me want to download a version of it right away. Though it only went on for about 7 minutes, it definitely felt a lot longer. Also, we got some CG of Chiaki playing it. I can't say I was impressed, it looked really out of place. I've never really cared whether it was stills or not, since the music itself was the only thing that mattered to me (especially when I could finally recognize a piece in the last episode). With this though, it seemed so off at times that I really would have preferred the stills.

Moving on, though the reporter squealing like fangirl was pretty funny, Saiko got a lot of screentime, and it seems like they may be moving her into a better position of the love pentagon. Her jealously of the other opera major shined through, and most importantly, Chiaki outright mentioned to her that she should show off more of her mean side in her singing to better her performance. It's easy to forget how easily Chiaki can read people, then tell them to their face with absolutely zero malice (except disgust perhaps at Nodame, mostly from her hygiene).

Saiko's Glass Mask style reactions (though used often with others as well in this series, were executed perfectly with her in this episode), peering at Nodame and Chiaki through the barely open doorway, while Chiaki rides on top of Nodame telling her of all things to swallow...was almost too much for me.

A definitely excellent episode. I'll be tracking down any and all soundtracks for this series.

Kraco
Sat, 03-31-2007, 05:22 AM
Hmm... Interesting. You say this episode felt longer than normally, for me it was the contrary; The concert being played somehow ate away the actual story part of the episode in a sense, and thus it felt like not so much happened. However, I'm not saying this in any negative manner, because I enjoyed simply listening to the music. The end was pretty funny, though. I didn't remember Saiko doesn't know Nodame at all. But she's certainly a third wheel right now, even if she got some more screen time and depth. But honestly I don't see anything romantic development between her and Chiaki anymore, no matter how much she hopes for one. She was the kind of cold bitch who was with Chiaki as long as he looked like a rising star, then dumped him, and now when he soared again she's suddenly back. Nodame, no matter how weird she is, has been honest all the time.

And, as much as it is just stating the obvious, Chiaki needs someone like Nodame to keep showing him music isn't just a performance of technical skills but also art and feeling. Saiko can't offer anything like that at all. In fact, I fail to see what she could offer, aside from a more ladylike appearance.

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Well, if you thought it ate away at the available storytime, maybe I was just really tired. I agree that Saiko doesn't have a chance in hell of getting back with Chiaki, she's too much of a bitch, and Chiaki even called her on it.

Chiaki does seem to know now that music isn't all technical skills, at least deep down. He did tell Saiko she needs to put more of her bitchy personality into her performance. I don't know whether or not his time with Nodame taught him this, but Nodame is at the very least teaching him to give that similar advice to himself. Nodame puts all of her natural exhuberance, and sometimes desperation into her music, so perhaps Chiaki is starting to put his perfectionist attitude and dignity into his music, no matter how much those aspects are threatened.

Kraco
Sat, 03-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Yeah, Chiaki seems to have grasped it somewhat well by now. After all, Stresemann himself told him that, and it looks like Chiaki both respects Stresemann more now and also he seemed to be quite satisfied with his performance, which, I think, showed already more feeling than his previous ones. And of course there have been in the past instances of Chiaki already telling others to play just like they want and feel. And furthermore, he wouldn't respect Nodame at all if he hadn't realised the other factors aside from pure skills.

That's basically why I said he needs someone like Nodame to keep demonstrating
him the value of feelings so that he won't forget it and better finds his own true artistic self. It was a long road for him to accept that fact, after all.

Chaos
Sat, 03-31-2007, 06:53 PM
Wow that was quick...I thought I downloaded the latest Nodame episode but it looks like Froth-bite released episode 11 shortly after episode 10. I guess they were able to sub it quickly because almost half of the episode was the A orchestra playing Rachmaninoff. I've never been into classical music but I actually liked it.

I'm with Ryllharu in that for some reason the episode felt long(even though half of it had almost no dialogue). I also agree that Saiko's role is getting less and less important as the story progresses since it seems to be a one sided "love triangle." I'm glad Stresemann decided to tell her that she needs to take music more seriously and that her current level she can't hope to stay with Chiaki. Even though its pretty rough on Nodame it seemed to work because she ended up practicing the piece non-stop.

Yukimura
Sat, 03-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Episode 11 was a favorite for me as well. I was so happy they actually animated the people playing the instruments, even though I wasn't really paying attention to the screen by the time the piece was in full swing.

The story parts were also very good. I loved how Chiaki dealt with Saiko since she deserved it, though I think that move she pulled against her rival singer may have been foreshadowing. Nodame's appearance after practicing for 4 days straight was excellent and I got good laughs thinking about how far her and Chiaki's relationship has come.

Munsu
Sun, 04-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Episode 11 was nicely animated, though Chiaki's arms looked wierd at some instances. Won't waste time stating the what has been stated in the previous posts, but I really liked Nodame's bum appearance, and Chiaki waking up with a bunch of prostitutes was funny.

Lucifus
Sun, 04-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Checked out frostbite fully expecting to find nothing.

Nodame Cantabile is bacK! After a 2 week break.:D :cool: Rejoice!
[Frost-Bite]Nodame Cantible 12 (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_12%5B%20B2D95CFE%5D.mp4.torrent)

Spiegel
Sun, 04-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Omg, Omg, where are my timpani drum sticks.... I am so excited. Though I already know what is going on because i watched the Live Action in anticipation of the Anime. Can't Wait to see my Chiaki again...

Kraco
Sun, 04-29-2007, 05:33 AM
It has been a while, but it was certainly a very good episode to bring the series back to us. However, hadn't Nodame told Chiaki before that she wants "only" to become to a kindergarden teacher? Maybe I remember incorrectly, but I was pretty sure she had mentioned it before. Well, I guess it was somebody else. Nice reflection, though, that Chiaki suddenly realised he was blaming Nodame for the exact same thing that got him so pissed off with the reporters.

And the "But with someone from your home planet!" scene/line was just too funny, no matter how worn-out it is...

Kraco
Sat, 05-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Let's see whose home planet it is this time...

Episode 13 - Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_13%5B7704B531%5D.mp4.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 05-11-2007, 08:59 AM
The pair is as far apart as north and south, but yet in the middle they still always meet.

Episode 14 - Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_14%5BBDB9DE19%5D.mp4.torrent)

complich8
Fri, 05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Another very good episode.

This series continues to please me.

Kraco
Fri, 05-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Indeed. This was a bit different episode as it was completely removed from the university and all the previously familiar people. Also, Chiaki's family (or what was present of it) was somewhat different than I expected. I thought it would be some old-fashioned uber strict bunch of people but rather it was a shapeless, modern business-comes-first-with-unhappiness collection of people. Chiaki seemed a little out of place there, but on the other hand he's a strong personality, so there's no reason why he couldn't be one way even if people around weren't that way. Though the head of the family seemed to advocate the best of the best mentality Chiaki used to follow as well.

Well, at least the little girl and Nodame became friends. It would have been painful to watch the hyper cliched little girl vs adult girl jealousy drama...

Spiegel
Fri, 05-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Indeed. This was a bit different episode as it was completely removed from the university and all the previously familiar people. Also, Chiaki's family (or what was present of it) was somewhat different than I expected. I thought it would be some old-fashioned uber strict bunch of people but rather it was a shapeless, modern business-comes-first-with-unhappiness collection of people. Chiaki seemed a little out of place there, but on the other hand he's a strong personality, so there's no reason why he couldn't be one way even if people around weren't that way. Though the head of the family seemed to advocate the best of the best mentality Chiaki used to follow as well.

Well, at least the little girl and Nodame became friends. It would have been painful to watch the hyper cliched little girl vs adult girl jealousy drama...

Well, you say that they were the business comes first type, and Yes at this time I could see that. but it did say throughout the episode that they were not always that way. I guess the grandfather was the glue that binded the family to the fun loving musical type. After his death it seems they just all went their own way, and the father being the "business-comes-first" cause the family to fall apart.

I am not sure if it was just me, but I saw foreshadowing to the future self of Chiaki. The grandfather was the glue that binded the family and kept things fun and light. To me, Chiaki seems to be transforming into that type of individual. Since Chiaki met Nodame he has changed and seems to be enjoying himself more.

I hope that all made sense and I hope this will be more than one season. I am loving this anime.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Even though some of the material was supposed to be mood killer scenes, like the son at dinner, I was laughing through most of this episode. From the phone call, just about all the way to the end. Nodame shined the entire time. Like Kraco said, Nodame instantly making friends with Yukio instead of some jealously was a nice change. We have no idea how they became such good friends, but skipping all of that right to them destroying things while playing was great.

I think it's not Chiaki that would become the glue to that family, but the Nodame/Chiaki pair. Chiaki alluded to his past visits, and them being mostly the same. Chiaki doesn't make the air any less tense in that house. Nodame instantly changes everything. However they went from glaring to playing, she captured Yukio's heart, and she's already begun breaking through whatever walls the other son has placed up. The Nabe pot (that Chiaki actually did the work on) started to bring the family back together, and her desire to play music with Chiaki will bring back the feeling of the old house. Though she needs Chiaki for a lot of the work, Nodame is the fresh breeze to revitalize that house

complich8
Fri, 05-11-2007, 04:32 PM
So, you're saying Nodame's sort of a catalyst...

Lucifus
Fri, 05-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Nodame owned. This show does not disappoint. I totally loved this episode.
Loved the ending transition.:D

complich8
Wed, 05-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Well, a lot of people will probably be put off by the name, or the fact that they started later in the series and are actually keeping a reasonably good pace... but Hard-Gay Fansubs is doing a pretty respectable job on their releases.

Hard-Gay episode 15 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BNyaaTorrents.org%5D%20%5BHG-F%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_15_%5BB0A229EE%5D.avi.torren t)
Hard-Gay episode 16 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2016%20%5B499DC725%5D.av i.torrent)
Hard-Gay episode 17 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2017%20%5B1B053F49%5D.av i.torrent)
Hard-Gay episode 18 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2018%20%5BDAEE3C97%5D.av i.torrent)

Go! Download! Enjoy! Nodame!

Edit: updated links to scarywater

Lucifus
Mon, 06-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm...not sure I wanna download from that group.....but its 4 episodes of Nodame...Its worth the risk. Downloading!

Edit: Ahh, the first and last links are dead to me.

complich8
Mon, 06-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Hard-Gay Nodame episode 19 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2019%20%5B8884402C%5D.av i.torrent).

Torrent comment: "if you don't like Brahms symphony number 1, you're gay" ...

Lucifus
Tue, 06-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Oh man, those five episodes did not dissappoint. Mine is the man.

Yukimura
Tue, 06-05-2007, 08:27 AM
First and last links aren't working for me either (15 & 18), where did you end up getting them Lucifus?

complich8
Tue, 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM
apparently they're having all sorts of strange random issues going on. Just hit their scarywater page (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/), or search TokyoTosho (http://www.tokyotosho.com/). Or maybe mininova, if you're bored ...

Yukimura
Tue, 06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Okay, seems the scarywater torrents for 15 and 18 are working, at least atthe time of this post.

Darth Zin
Wed, 06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
The series is getting very good ^_^ Still i find it very cheap that nodame can use that trick on Chiaki when the professional doctors couldn't. (Sorry for the vagueness but don't want to spoil anything ^_^)

complich8
Wed, 06-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I think it's a trust/relaxation issue.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Finally caught up! Excellent developments across the board, Nodame with motivation, Chiaki on airplane (The cousin carrying him down the jetway was priceless) and Mine x Kiyora...WTF pwnage!

complich8
Fri, 06-15-2007, 01:58 PM
[HG-F] Nodame Cantabile 20 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2020%20%5B0FE6460D%5D.av i.torrent) is out.

Kraco
Fri, 06-15-2007, 04:05 PM
A very nice episode. Nothing really grand happened, but it was pretty beautiful.

This series continues strongly, as always.

Yukimura
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I disagree, Nodame playing well enough to enamor world class judges seems fairly grand for me. I like the Chiaki story, but I'm glad there's also development going on with Nodame as well. The scene with the violin guy coming on to Chiaki was the best in the ep though. With Kiyori's reaction a close second.

complich8
Sat, 06-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, this ep was pretty solid. Plenty of good music being played, Nodame making actual progress with encouragement from Chiaki, Chiaki experiencing what it's like to interact with an experienced concertmaster, as opposed to having to have the whole symphony come from him. Nodame making it pretty far in that competition, and becoming a bit better at reading and understanding music. Chiaki's success in general...

Lots of goodness here.

Lucifus
Sat, 06-16-2007, 02:19 AM
The scene with the violin guy coming on to Chiaki was the best in the ep though. With Kiyori's reaction a close second.

I agree, that scene had my laughing.:rolleyes:

Nodame is funny as hell this ep to me too. Its great to actually see her taking things seriously and playing pretty well.

BananaFob
Mon, 06-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Nodame Cantabile 21 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2021%20%5B27C40EA9%5D.av i.torrent)

Kraco
Mon, 06-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Argh. That blasted cell phone tune.

Well, it was pretty much to be expected. Nodame is just like that, after all, for good and for bad.

complich8
Mon, 06-25-2007, 06:32 PM
that was just .... rough.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Poor Nodame, it was so amazing up until she ran out of music to play. I suspect she would have been fine if she hadn't had to take all that downtime after pushing herself too hard. I wonder how will Chiaki manage to get her to stay and rebuild her confidence.

complich8
Sat, 06-30-2007, 04:17 PM
!!!

[HG-F] Nodame Cantabile 22 (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2022%20%5BC99D3C98%5D.av i.torrent)

Nodame!!

Kraco
Sat, 06-30-2007, 05:52 PM
It would look like a ship sunk all the way to the bottom if not for Chiaki's expression in the preview. It looked as if he both can't get Nodama totally out of his mind and doesn't want to leave loose ends behind.

I kind of hope he would travel to Nodame's place and drag her somewhere where they would play together again.

BananaFob
Tue, 07-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Last episode:

[GGNORE] Nodame Cantabile 23 (http://www.octanevisions.net/subbing/%5bGGNORE%5dNodame%20Cantabile%2023.avi.torrent)

Didn't really like this sub, but it was okay. I can't believe it's the last episode, the ending was done really well. So sad that the anime doesn't continue on.

Yukimura
Wed, 07-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Nodame Cantabile - 23 - [Hard Gay Fansubs] (http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F%5D%20Nodame%20Cantabile%2023%20%5BFINAL%5D%5B687 9CDE4%5D.avi.torrent)
As much as I hate to see them go I love it when shows like this end as well as this one did. Very touching and hopeful and open to the future. I'll miss all the mugya's and gyabos but the series was great and I'll always have memories...and hopefully DVD's if A-Keep ever decides to finish this up.

Kraco
Wed, 07-04-2007, 04:53 AM
It was a really well made ending. I was a bit shocked when I read Banana's post and confirmed the episode number at AniDB. 23 is an unorthodox episode count, but after watching this episode the series couldn't have got a better ending. It was full of recovery and warmth and finally conclusive as well. A story stays good only as long as it knows when to end. This did choose the right moment, no doubt.

Lucifus
Wed, 07-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow, I'm so sad that its over. The ending however was really welldone. Not even a kiss and still far surpasses satisfying. Excellent show. Wish there was more....

Yukimura
Tue, 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Nodame Cantabile - 15 - [Froth-Bite] (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_15%5B863E864B%5D.mp4.torrent)

Seems they didn't drop this after all,hopefully AKeep will show some signs of life too so I can burn this show.

Kraco
Wed, 07-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Since I was collecting Froth-Bite, it looks like I will need to wait, after all, before burning this series off my HD.

NeoBear
Wed, 07-11-2007, 10:33 AM
well dang ill miss this a great ending and a great series this kind of comedy is my fav =/

Yukimura
Thu, 07-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Nodame - 16 - [Froth-Bite] (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_16%5BC47BD61F%5D.mp4.torrent)
Nodame - 12 - [Anime-Keep] (http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/%5BAnime-Keep%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_12_%5BH.264_AAC%5D%5B720p %5D%5B2B365F00%5D.mkv.torrent)

It's interesting/Strange that they both started releasing again at about the same time. Maybe they use the same raws.

kooshi
Sat, 07-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Nodame Cantabile - 17 by Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_17%5B8BFE503E%5D.mp4.torrent)
Nodame Cantabile - 18 by Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_18%5B40576E32%5D.mp4.torrent)
Nodame Cantabile - 19 by Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_19%5B3FEDE137%5D.mp4.torrent)

Kraco
Sat, 09-08-2007, 03:24 AM
The rest of the Froth-Bite subs:

Episode 20 - Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_20%5B6AFCB5E4%5D.mp4.torrent)
Episode 21 - Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_21%5BFEEE9048%5D.mp4.torrent)
Episode 22 - Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_22%5B2E5EEE2C%5D.mp4.torrent)
Episode 23 Final - Froth-Bite (http://www.froth-bite.com/torrent/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile_-_23%5B6F0AC9FE%5D.mp4.torrent)

Batch: 1-23 - Froth-Bite (http://a.scarywater.net/f-b/%5BFroth-Bite%5DNodame_Cantabile.torrent)

David75
Sat, 09-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Never thought this thread would go up.

It was a very nice, soothing and refreshing anime.

The choice of tunes was nice too, most of them I didn't know, but they were
very nice to hear. I guess I'll have to rewatch this show and note the names, so that
I can hear them in better conditions.

Munsu
Sat, 09-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Finished the series... this was a really good series. Guess it's time to hunt down the manga to continue the story. The story does continue right?

TruthofMistake
Sat, 09-08-2007, 04:00 AM
I hope so, the show was good enough to make me actually want to read the manga and find out what happens. The ending was excellent.

kooshi
Wed, 09-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, I FINALLY got around to finishing this series and I gotta say, what an awesome series! Except for the awkward music animations, this show excelled in everything: animation, voice actors, story, etc. BRING ON THE SECOND SEASON!

Ahh, my only complaint: THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE KOTATSU BIT (yeargh)!! Honestly, I don't know if that part is in the manga or if it was some sort of filler in the live-action, but taking out my absolute favorite bit was a huge disappointment for me. It is definitely the funniest part of Nodame Cantabile so far.

Board of Command
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Second season? Is that a rumor?

kooshi
Thu, 09-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Not a rumor, just something I just blurted out, sorry. As far as I'm aware, I think there's enough material for a second season; I know that the live-action is having a second season, although I don't know how many episodes they'll do or when it will be released.

oyabun
Fri, 09-21-2007, 05:47 AM
The live action was pretty good. I wonder when will be released

Everon
Tue, 02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
[Kanjisub] Nodame Cantabile Special Lesson 1 [DVD][704x396][SUB-ENG].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/kanjisub/(Kanjisub)_Nodame_Cantabile_Special_Lesson_1_(SUB-ENG).torrent)

DVD special -- Covers the Chiaki's beach excursion, right before the Nina Music Festival. (sorry no Kotatsu)

Kraco
Tue, 02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Some sort of a DVD special.

Special 1 - KanjiSub (http://a.scarywater.net/kanjisub/(Kanjisub)_Nodame_Cantabile_Special_Lesson_1_(SUB-ENG).torrent)

It's only 15 minutes but worth watching although nothing truly extraordinary. It takes place in the middle of the series so it's not revealing anything new as such (so, this is not like the live action specials that continued the story in Europe).

Everon
Tue, 02-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Beat you to it :P

David75
Tue, 02-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Do you know if there's a HD disc for it, meaning we could have a HD sub someday as it was for part of the show?

xXAshuraXx
Thu, 02-21-2008, 11:25 AM
I liked the Live-action of this as well... it's amusing ^-^

Munsu
Sat, 05-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Season 2 bitches:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-10/nodame-cantabile-paris-chapter-anime-sequel-announced

David75
Sat, 05-10-2008, 11:32 AM
In Paris?
I hope Paris and French people will be better depicted than in Yakitate Japan :D

Board of Command
Sat, 05-10-2008, 12:23 PM
What the? Nodame with a violin? Whatever... I'll look forward to season 2.

Everon
Mon, 05-12-2008, 06:33 PM
What the? Nodame with a violin? Whatever... I'll look forward to season 2.

Its a takobon cover. There are quite a few of her playing other instruments - drums, trumpet, etc.

Kraco
Sat, 10-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Europe, the home of classical music:

S2 Episode 1v2 HD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_01v2_%5BHD%5D%5BE45DA216%5D.mkv.torrent)
S2 Episode 1v2 SD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_01v2_%5BSD%5D%5BF6642ED2%5D.mkv.torrent)

David75
Sat, 10-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Watched the ep.
Some deviations from the original about what France is, but whatever.
Oh also I have a hard time understanding french sometimes :D

But I guess that reintroducing Chiaki and Nodame was the main point here. The job
was done nicely.

Kraco
Sat, 10-11-2008, 05:41 AM
It would be jolly good if they could incorporate French perfectly there but I suppose that'd be a bit too much asked. Most VAs speak even English horribly and we know how much the USA has been influencing Japan for a long time, so French would be a long stretch.

I watched the first part of the live action Paris chapter and thus I've seen a bunch of episodes worth of stuff already but I always liked the anime better than the live action so it's cool. Plus Ayako Kawasumi is my favorite voice actress so I'm immensely enjoying this.

David75
Sat, 10-11-2008, 06:13 AM
It would be jolly good if they could incorporate French perfectly there but I suppose that'd be a bit too much asked. Most VAs speak even English horribly and we know how much the USA has been influencing Japan for a long time, so French would be a long stretch.

I watched the first part of the live action Paris chapter and thus I've seen a bunch of episodes worth of stuff already but I always liked the anime better than the live action so it's cool. Plus Ayako Kawasumi is my favorite voice actress so I'm immensely enjoying this.

Nodame or Chiaki having a bad french is no dig deal.
It's another story for french characters (@ restaurant, Frank, translated anime TV broadcast)
As we said before, it is a pain for them to find french people to play those minor roles. They do not have time/money/will to do it. But it's funny because you get 3 slightly different meanings in the 3 languages for the same phrase.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Were the production values for the background scenes this bad first season? Everything but the characters looks like it was drawn in crayon... And I'm not liking the feeling that we'll never see ay of the old side characters again. Especially Mine and his crazy girlfriend and that flmying Timpani player. I loved those too. The piano slut and otaku guy are just not doing it for me as replacements.

EinReB23
Mon, 10-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Just watched the ep and I enjoyed it a lot! At first I was worrying about animation but soon after it doesn't matter anymore. It still brought me to why I loved the show in the first place...Nodame. And of course Chiaki and his reactions to Nodame's antics.. especially liked the restaurant scene and the way she learned French while watching Purigorota.

Kraco
Wed, 10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
ANBU and A-Keep join the French party:

Episode 1 HD - ANBU-A-Keep (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU_A-Keep%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_-_01_%5BAVC-AAC%5D%5B720p%5D%5B8CBF93B7%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 1 SD - ANBU-A-Keep (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU_A-Keep%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_-_01_%5BAVC-AAC%5D%5BE29B32F6%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Mon, 10-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Mille-feuille:

Episode 2 HD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_02_%5BHD%5D%5B5BACB47C%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 2 SD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_02_%5BSD%5D%5BBE84CC1F%5D.mkv.torrent)

David75
Tue, 10-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Mille-feuille:

Episode 2 HD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_02_%5BHD%5D%5B5BACB47C%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 2 SD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_02_%5BSD%5D%5BBE84CC1F%5D.mkv.torrent)

or "D"
hehe

As of yet I can't re-enter the universe I've been to with S1, but maybe it's because I have to wait at least one week beetween eps. So many things happen in a week.

Kraco
Mon, 10-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Just a souvenir:

Episode 3 HD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_03_%5BHD%5D%5BDF3530C3%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 3 SD - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_03_%5BSD%5D%5B6FD1DCBE%5D.mkv.torrent)

Munsu
Tue, 12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Another sequel is coming during the Fall of 2009:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-08/sequel-to-nodame-catabile/paris-green-lit-for-fall-2009

Kraco
Thu, 12-11-2008, 05:34 AM
This thread is seriously lagging:

Episode 4 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_04_%5BHD%5D%5BB07DB275%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 5 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_05_%5BHD%5D%5B93224D3D%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 6 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_06_%5BHD%5D%5BF3CD70A3%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 7 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_07_%5BHD%5D%5B0D8527F3%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 8 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_08_%5BHD%5D%5B371420B1%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 9 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_09_%5BHD%5D%5BAA0735F7%5D.mkv.torrent)

Everon
Thu, 12-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Episode 10 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_10_%5BHD%5D%5B2077F57D%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 11 - BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BBSS%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Paris_Chapter_-_11_%5BHD%5D%5B076BBCED%5D.mkv.torrent)

I'm watching, but there isn't much to say. The series was rushed a little too much. They cut out a lot of character development and Nodame craziness in order to squeeze everything into this 11 episode run. Worse off, they rushed so much that they ended the show in a weird spot, whereas if they took their time they could have ended on the Nodame/Chiaki kiss.

Hopefully they can slow down the pacing and let the 'slice of life' moments play out for the next season.

Yukimura
Fri, 12-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Wait...11 was the last episode? How can you have a series that's all development with no real climax?!

David75
Fri, 12-26-2008, 07:36 AM
meh
ANN also sees only 11 eps. That's just crazy, there isn't even the slightest idea of ending in that 11th ep.

Or are they making some kind of semi season?

It's true that that paris chapter has been quite boring most of the time, but at least they should finish it properly, even with openings. But now, there's nothing, we're in the middle of many arcs and no "temporary" ending at all...

Munsu
Fri, 12-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Well, I enjoyed the Paris chapter... it made me laugh quite a few times. Let's wait for the third season.

The only real problem I had with this season was with the animation during the orchestras and when people were animated playing instruments. Wow, they were awful. But, animation I've always considered a luxury as far as enjoyment of a series goes... but I have to say it was quite bad. I praised the first season because the animation was superb when they were playing instruments if I remember correctly.

I decided to catch up on a whim today, and I didn't even know it was 11 episodes long... I'm mostly dissapointed for that, it took me by surprise the short season. And going forward, the characters need some more adversity... this season almost everything came easy for them. They were on the top of their game.

Everon
Fri, 12-26-2008, 11:15 PM
The 3D CG doesn't bother me as much as when they used the still frames they used in the first season.

Kraco
Sun, 01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
It was a pretty good season. Some of the orchestra playing scenes certainly showed horrible animation, but animating someone playing an instrument is a real pain (I know from experience, ehheh), so I will forgive them. The end point wasn't all bad, though, as it basically ended showing Chiaki succeeding in redeeming the orchestra. It was a conclusion of a sort considering the orchestra was in a pretty much ruined state when he joined.

Things move really slowly between Chiaki and Nodame. As if this was a shounen series, not josei. But I guess it's the comedy factor that slows them down so much.

Munsu
Sun, 01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, there's a continuation for the series coming up so wether or not the ending was a good one is really of little consequence.

Yukimura
Mon, 01-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Glad to hear there will be another series but as someone who judges anime series individually instead of by franchise I think the way any series ends matters. Slayers Revolution and Birdy Decode come to mind as other examples of series where I was disappointed by what I felt were weak open ended endings, even though both have sequels coming.

I suspect it was inevitable for Nodame Paris to end where it did because of the small number of episodes allotted, still it doesn't seem like the 3rd season was guaranteed when they 2nd season went into production so this could have been it. Ultimately I'd rather have 11 episodes and a lame ending over nothing but that didn't change how disappointing the end of the season was for me. I'm kind of saddened that the anime producers were willing to end the adaptation at such a spot without a guarantee that they'd get to continue later and reach a better breaking point but that's just business I suppose.

Kraco
Sat, 01-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Mukyaaaaa!

Finale Episode 1 - Frostii (http://a.scarywater.net/frostii/%5BFrostii%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Finale_-_01_%5B06D54D2B%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - - -

My memories of the previos season were vague at best and honestly I didn't remember quite a few of the characters that appeared in this episode (though I'm still thankful this series doesn't believe in flashbacks), but nevertheless this looks like another fine season. A bit less humour than I expected from the first ep of a season but at this point of the story, when things are a bit strained at best in any case, it might have been better this way. If Chiaki and Nodame get their relationship back on track I expect more the sort of comedy we are used to. And of course they will before the end. Chiaki was already dimly seeing how he's following his dad's morbid family neglecting steps.

But man, 100 euros for one score book? Even Paris shouldn't be that expensive. Somebody didn't check the yen-euro currency rate when making the episode.

David75
Sun, 01-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Mukyaaaaa!

Finale Episode 1 - Frostii (http://a.scarywater.net/frostii/%5BFrostii%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Finale_-_01_%5B06D54D2B%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - - -

My memories of the previos season were vague at best and honestly I didn't remember quite a few of the characters that appeared in this episode (though I'm still thankful this series doesn't believe in flashbacks), but nevertheless this looks like another fine season. A bit less humour than I expected from the first ep of a season but at this point of the story, when things are a bit strained at best in any case, it might have been better this way. If Chiaki and Nodame get their relationship back on track I expect more the sort of comedy we are used to. And of course they will before the end. Chiaki was already dimly seeing how he's following his dad's morbid family neglecting steps.

But man, 100 euros for one score book? Even Paris shouldn't be that expensive. Somebody didn't check the yen-euro currency rate when making the episode.

Great season intro.
I like it better than previous season.
They animated fingers/instruments which I do not remember they did that way before. Not spectacular, but nice.

For some reason my memory was fine with the characters and setting.

I liked the shirt scene, so human... for a baby :D

Regarding the price, it sure was expensive.
Other than that, most Paris details are nice, you can still pinpoint mistakes but the level is high compared to most shows.

The atmosphere was nice, I like it like I loved first season, at least per that ep

David75
Sat, 01-23-2010, 01:38 PM
[Frostii]_Nodame_Cantabile_Finale_-_02_[17021015].mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/frostii/%5BFrostii%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Finale_-_02_%5B17021015%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Mon, 02-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Gyabon:

Episode 3 - Frostii (http://a.scarywater.net/frostii/%5BFrostii%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Finale_-_03_%5BAE46A313%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - - - -

Not a bad episode. Although I didn't even realise who this "Viella" was before they showed him with Chiaki in the same tramcar. I have no idea why Frostii decided to write his name like that considering that anybody with an ear can clearly hear the "R"s in the name. Strange kind of localization Frostii practices, it seems. Maybe they aren't quite as high quality as I give them credit for.

Chiaki missing Nodame's concert was a given considering the circumstances and I doubt even Nodame would overly much blame him for it but I still hope Chiaki will make up for it by introducing those two to each other. He's kind of dense, though, so I wouldn't count on it unless it happens by chance.

David75
Sun, 02-07-2010, 01:42 AM
[Frostii]​_Nodame​_Cantabile​_Finale​_-​_04​_[08BE01F3]​.mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/frostii/%5BFrostii%5D_Nodame_Cantabile_Finale_-_04_%5B08BE01F3%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 02-07-2010, 07:33 AM
As expected, Nodame understood the importance of Chiaki's chance meeting with Vierra. The scene of them together after Chiaki got back was quite nice.

Other than that this episode wasn't all that much about Nodame and Chiaki so it didn't seem so important to me, especially with one character being totally new.