PDA

View Full Version : Open Sesame

Munsu
Sat, 01-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone here reads this. It's a shounen romance and comedy manga, which I think some of you guys seem to like. I think people that like mangas like Pretty Face and probably Suzuka might enjoy this. Anyways, I've been reading this for a couple of years now, and up to volume 13 has been scanlated, hopefully some of you guys will check it out if you haven't already.

This story revolves around Yamato Danjou, a student who has just joined what was previously an all-girls school. Being as the ratio of boys to girls is around 1:9, not to mention the girls' incredibly condescending attitude towards the guys, Danjou finds it hard to make a mark for himself at this school. The whimpy guys there aren't much of a help either. Finally, Danjou takes it upon himself to found a boxing club, since he was the boxing champion from his hometown, afterall. However, the head of the four queens of Mabu high school, Mogami Maki, is going to try to make it as difficult as possible for him. However, it turns out that Maki ends up paying more attention to Yamato than any of the boys... why is this? Could she hold some secret that not even Yamato knows about?

http://www.animewaves.net/index.php?goto=m-opensesame

lambchopsil
Tue, 01-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Yup, I've read this. (Along with the other 2 series you mentioned.) Anime Waves is a great group. Just a little slow due...(but I'm not complaining)

Munsu
Mon, 02-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, chapter 62 is out now...

lambchopsil
Mon, 02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
It was a nice interesting side story, but I would like the main show to go on~

Munsu
Mon, 02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, too many side stories as of late... Like the dumb girl that was in love with the nice blonde guy.

I wish they would take more time exploring all the secrets from Danjou's childhood. The story has made a very big deal out of it, and I bet that by the end when we find out all the details it will be some lame thing.

Munsu
Wed, 02-21-2007, 11:52 AM
It was a nice interesting side story, but I would like the main show to go on~
Chapter 63 is out, and I thought that it was a really cool chapter, especially the end. There's a nice cliffhanger, hopefully 64 will be out soon.

lambchopsil
Sat, 02-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Chapter 63 is out, and I thought that it was a really cool chapter, especially the end. There's a nice cliffhanger, hopefully 64 will be out soon.
Yeah, the cliffhanger did suck. The new girl and him, all alone (kinda of...) at midnight~ I wonder what'll happen.