PDA

View Full Version : Naruto in Spanish - Premiere on Cartoon Network LatinAmerica

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-02-2007, 12:04 AM
To who may care...

Tonight Naruto premiered on Cartoon Network Latin America. Here are pro's and con's about it.

Pro's.
They said Sasuke's name correctly (Saske).
They used "shinobi" to refer to the ninja (although they used ninja as well).
They used the -sensei suffix.
They used "Hokage" instead of Head Ninja.
They do not use the "believe it" counterpart in spanish "Creelo"

Con's.
They say naRUUto and saKUUra.
They used the american censored version.

The translation was fateful and the voices were good. Too bad its the 'censored' version.

EDIT:
Forgot to add this.

They use "jutsu".
I mean... Naruto's Oiroke no Jutsu is called "Jutsu Sexy"
Bunshin no Jutsu "Jutsu de Clonacion"
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu "Jutsu de Clones Sombra"

EDIT2:
Second episode aired.

They used "Jutsu Harem".
As they translated Konohagakure into "Pueblo escondido en las hojas" Konohamaru states his name comes from the old name of the village.

Super5
Wed, 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM
As they translated Konohagakure into "Pueblo escondido en las hojas" Konohamaru states his name comes from the old name of the village.
Hmmm... some things just don't translate well. If I'm not mistaken, that literally means "Village hidden in leaves" but it's so long. Probably would have been better if they just kept the original name - one thing dubbers don't seem to understand is that not everything needs to be translated.

XanBcoo
Wed, 01-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Hmmm... some things just don't translate well. If I'm not mistaken, that literally means "Village hidden in leaves" but it's so long. Probably would have been better if they just kept the original name - one thing dubbers don't seem to understand is that not everything needs to be translated.
You are not mistaken. They did the same thing in English. "Village Hidden in the Leaves".

To be fair, that's what "Konohagakure" translates to. But your point is still valid. A lot of terms sound really corny when fully translated. Thankfully the English version leaves at least some Japanese terms. Apparently so does the Spanish version.

I'm semi-interested in checking this out. If nothing else, it might be good for a laugh judging from other Spanish-dubbed anime I've heard. Also The Simpsons.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-04-2007, 09:44 AM
About episode 3:

The voice actors seem to have trouble with the names.

Some say SAAkura (correct) and others say saKUUra (incorrect).
Also, the voice actor of the Sandaime (Tercer Hokage) said "Uchiaa" at the beginning of the ep (h is mute in spanish) and the end he said "Uchija" (ha would be pronounced as ja... that is Jadouken (Street Fighter) or Kame Jame Ja (DBZ))

Ino called Sakura "Frentesota" which is accurate for Forehead. Although Sakura called Ino "Bruja" (witch) instead of something like Ino-pig.

Sakura's shannaro was translated as "cachin" which sounds very gay.

Naruto's dattebayo did get translated after all... as "De veras" (Truly)

The names of the other rookie nine were said flawlessly.

Sakura stated she was now a "Kunoichi", another japanese term left intact.

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Naruto in Japanese, English, Mexican Spanish and Spain Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho13kvknPjw

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
are you sure is the english dub? IIRC iruka`s blood in his mouth was edited in the usa but it was present in the spanish one...

XanBcoo
Tue, 01-09-2007, 06:36 PM
are you sure is the english dub? IIRC iruka`s blood in his mouth was edited in the usa but it was present in the spanish one...
Take a better look. Both versions have blood in Iruka's mouth. The English version from this clip was obviously not taken from Cartoon Network. More likely they got it from the uncut dvd.

As for the comparisons, the Mexican Spanish and the American Narutos sound almost identical. As if one or the other was speaking the other language. Pretty good, considering I like Naruto's English voice somewhat.

The Spain Spanish one is just Godawful.

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Well, they edited out Iruka's blood after the Oiroke no Jutsu. Same with Sandaime on ep2.

And the Shinobi's blood when Kyuubi was attacking.

To tell the truth, that video was the first time I heard the english dub, and it ain't so bad.

Spain Spanish is a torture.