PDA

View Full Version : I Hate...

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 12-31-2006, 04:30 AM
Seriously, he's ruining the manga for me. Everytime I see that little fag and his exposed mid-riff I want to puke.

Next time read the forum rules on spoilers:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=313548

Parkalash
Sun, 12-31-2006, 09:20 AM
I love sai!.. well i like the penis joke's and ovreall a funny character imo, hehe

February
Sun, 12-31-2006, 10:53 AM
whats wrong with Sai? he's very quiet and he's an interesting char imo

I prefer sai over other konoha chars

nests
Sun, 12-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Come on his not that bad. His shirt can be little disturbing but so have the recent Heroes in a lot of anime and games

darkmetal505
Sun, 12-31-2006, 01:35 PM
He is a lot better than emo "getting boned by Orochimaru" faggatron Sasuke.

Sidnne
Sun, 12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I think somebody liked the stomach shot in chapter 337 a little too much, and then felt gay upon realizing it was Sai.

Assertn
Sun, 12-31-2006, 07:18 PM
This thread's startin to spin......cause of all the gayness....

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-31-2006, 07:49 PM
I personally think I'd be able to take Sai more seriously if Kishimoto didn't pull the very contrived "naruto has the power to change people," especially after the long speech he gave about how badly he wanted to get Sasuke back.

Then decides to make his 360 transformation. Really bad writing on kishi's part. Even more painful to read. If he can do something useful or interesting with the calligraphy then maybe he might be redeemed.

It's hard not to think a manga artist would have alot of fun with a character who uses art as his weapon, but mostly the only remotely interesting thing we've seen Sai do is make Dick jokes.

RasenDori
Sun, 12-31-2006, 08:57 PM
i like sai. the last arc was regretable because of its predictability , but team 7 needed a new member. i hate yamato... stupid overly conveniate character.

ChaosK
Mon, 01-01-2007, 02:04 AM
Sai's alright, he'd be a much better character if he wore a shirt that covered himself..:cool:

p0ltergeist
Mon, 01-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Naruto is 100% action oriented, who reads it for the character development? In Naruto, the characters are only as good as their ability to kick ass. Sai's exposed midriff takes a lot away from his 'badass-ness'.

Sidnne
Mon, 01-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I think you'll find that you are in the minority and that the vast majority of readers here do, in fact, read the manga for the character development.

You have only been on these forums since June, obviously you have not read many of the threads, or you are just not very astute, or you would have realized that most of the threads on this forum are discussions about character development.

p0ltergeist
Mon, 01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I have read many manga including Naruto, and I have every right to think that Naruto's character development is on a lower standard than the rest of them. I would say, by comparison to other manga, the character development in Naruto is decent. Not good, and definately not great, but just enough to serve its purpose.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great manga and everything, but character development is not its strength. If you honestly believe that the character development in Naruto is "great", then you must not have read too many other mangas.

I have to give Kishimoto credit for Kakashi.

Can we all at least agree that Sakura is the most awful main character ever?

xDarkMaster
Mon, 01-01-2007, 10:54 PM

Except she is not the main character. That aside, she is an awful character.

As for Sai, his clothes don't bother me that much and he can be an interesting character. Maybe you should just pay less attention to his midsection?

p0ltergeist
Mon, 01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Okay... we certainly can't call her the main character. My fault for mis-phrasing that. She's a primary character.

And I can't ignore the midriff. It had a close-up. If it's not such a big deal, then why don't you walk around all day with your friends and in public with an exposed midriff? Unless you are female, you'd take a lot of flak for it. :p

RasenDori
Mon, 01-01-2007, 11:26 PM
its not that big of a deal. i think consider it a cultural difference. sais not the first male japanese character to expose his midriff which leads me to believe its more acceptable. hell. my favorite character to play as in the king of fighters series is benimaru, and i get teased enough for playing as him, till i kick someones ass with him. i suppose i will have to do the same when sai makes it into one of the naruto fighters

xDarkMaster
Mon, 01-01-2007, 11:35 PM
If it's not such a big deal, then why don't you walk around all day with your friends and in public with an exposed midriff? Unless you are female, you'd take a lot of flak for it. :p
You wanna know why? Maybe it's cause I'm not a manga character. I mean, I don't you hear you bitching about Naruto's clothes cause no one walks around in an orange jumpsuit all day.

Plus, you need some help if seeing someone's midriff in a manga is such a big deal for you. Or maybe it's like Sidnne said and you spent a little too much time looking at it. :rolleyes:

Sidnne
Mon, 01-01-2007, 11:38 PM
I have read many manga including Naruto, and I have every right to think that Naruto's character development is on a lower standard than the rest of them. I would say, by comparison to other manga, the character development in Naruto is decent. Not good, and definately not great, but just enough to serve its purpose.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great manga and everything, but character development is not its strength. If you honestly believe that the character development in Naruto is "great", then you must not have read too many other mangas.

I have to give Kishimoto credit for Kakashi.

The quality of the character development, nor your right to an opinion of it, was never in question here.

You asked "who reads it for the character development?" The answer to that being "most of the people on these forums."

p0ltergeist
Tue, 01-02-2007, 12:04 AM
You asked "who reads it for the character development?" The answer to that being "most of the people on these forums."

Good enough for me.

Now let me explain to you my problem with what Sai is wearing: It seems very female to me. It's not his belly or anything that bothers me, it's the fact that he's wearing something that Sakura or Ino would wear. As I said previously at the top of the page, it detracts from his "badassness". I thought it stood out as a comical element in an otherwise serious and very interresting situation. It kind of ruined the mood of the scene for me.

benjaminz
Tue, 01-02-2007, 04:18 AM
i think sai's cool because he's wearing something that Sakura or Ino would wear

Uberbaka
Tue, 01-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Hey, for all you know he might actually be homosexual?

It could happen.

Didn't he rather enjoy that hot bath with naruto?

Just saying.

Oh, more directly related to the topic: I don't really mind, it's just an outfit, and if you can't stand the human body then I wonder what the hell you do in public locker rooms.

Genma
Tue, 01-02-2007, 11:33 AM
You know, up until reading this thread I wasn't even aware of Sai's exposed midriff.

Shows how observant I am. :\

tehlegend
Tue, 01-02-2007, 06:34 PM
maybe kishi's setting up the moment for when someone starts hitting on him and suddenly starts to commit harakiri when he finds out sai's got a penis...

elmojo
Wed, 01-03-2007, 12:17 PM
i think sai's outfit matches his character, he's strange.. so he should have strange clothes on

Super5
Wed, 01-03-2007, 01:57 PM
It was a really small frame in the chapter, so I don't understand what the big deal is... most characters in Naruto are "strange" in one way or another. I'm just not bothered by it. All I really care is if he can kick some ass.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-04-2007, 06:09 PM
about time someone made a thread about this...
it's one thing that he's wearing (and getting close-up shots) a half shirt.
it's one thing that he's got a vocabulary and facial expression of a dead monkey.
it's one thing that his peak of humor is saying 'pennis'.

but all of them together? give me a fuckin' break. the best thing he ever did was avoid saving Sakura, if it was a rumiko manga then he would have kept doing the same for 200 chapters and then marry her. even his backstories suck (brother? boring, show us the damn idiot or atleast give us some meat... Anbu Roots? good thing that we learned so much about politics from those guys, does anyone even remember them?).

so, to end this once and for all ('so he does not rise again, evil, meet my sword, sword - meet evil!'), I'm voting Sai off the paper, along with Chouji and that other jerk.

Genma
Sat, 01-06-2007, 06:37 PM
along with Chouji...

BLASPHEMY.

Chouji is a cool character imo. He looks (save for the face paint / body armor / long hair) and acts almost exactly like one of my best friend's irl. If they took him out of the manga...

I dunno what I'd do. :(

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh. come on, Chouji outplayed his charecter two years ago. it's all downhill from there... all he can do now is take hits from enemies and 'OMFG!' from new jutsus...

face it, he's wasting precious screen time, he won't ever get a chance to go out with a bang like when he fought Jirouwhatshisname...

Sai, on the other hand, never even got to do something important, but will probably become the most liked charecter with female viewers when he reaches the anime. it'll be like visiting a X 1999 fanclub gathering..