PDA

View Full Version : Pointless fan speculation battle ID #3343675: Naruto vs. Avatar

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 12-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Couldn't help but post this thread. Seeing as the boards have been rather mute lately, so I thought this topic might make for some amusing discussion.

Seeing that more and more people here are getting into the original Nickelodeon anime, and seeing as there are more then a few not so subtle similarities between the two series might be interesting to compare and contrast them.

Which do you think is the better series.

Also in a fictional fight between various characters who would come up on top? The Avatar bunch or the Naruto crew.

While I'll personally admit that Avatar hasn't been my cup of tea I must say that the production values on the series as a whole have been stellar, and even if the series isn't technically doing anything new, it does the classic elemental thing with enough style to justify it's existence and the fact that it has it's own mythology does make it a more valid piece of work then most of the other stuff seen on Nickelodeon.

So discuss away. In this debate of American vs. Japanese production/animation.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 12-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Well I would certainly like the see that Avatar kid ( forgot his name ) against Kakuzu. XD

Kitsune
Sat, 12-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I think it might be pretty close, but when u add in how inhumanly fast naruto characters are and some of those amazingly powerful characters like: the kyubii naruto, akatsuki members ect the avatar group doesnt stand much of a chance.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-31-2006, 01:21 AM
The question I'm wondering is which super powered form would win. From what little I've seen of the series I know that Ang has his super powered avatar state, but I'm not really sure what that does other then make him glow.

But which one would win though, avatar state Ang or Kyubi Naruto?

Necromas
Mon, 01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
In one of the episodes I saw he transformed into a past avatar and had Hokage level powers over all 4 elements. Think it was a one time use only thing during a special positioning of the sun or something though.

And they have that one fire nation girl that can close your chi (chakra) by hitting your pressure points (tenektsu) using a hand to hand combat style (gentle fist) so your body becomes almost paralyzed and you can't use any bending (jutsu).

Coincidence?

Overall I think it's a pretty good show, even if it is aimed at a lower age group, and it's like the only nickelodeon show I actually watch besides some of the anime they've had.