PDA

View Full Version : SHUFFLE! MEMORIES

Munsu
Wed, 12-27-2006, 09:12 AM
The series starts this January 7. Don't really have any info on it, but it seems like it'll be an alternate retelling of the story. Rin will probably choose another as his love interest.

I really don't like this idea. They should've simply picked a story to tell and stick with it, not come out with alternative possibilities. I would've preffered a straightout sequel of some sorts.

What you guys think?

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Well, Navel has made 3 or 4 Shuffle! games. The original, a new version with Kareha and Mayumi as possibilities. Tick! Tack!, focusing on Rin-chan (and other demon girls who look just like her with indistinguishably different hair tints), and then Really? Really!, which focuses on Kaede, Asa, and some new character (Sakura, I guess her name is from the Navel site).

Navel will crank out dozens of these to make money, doing a retelling of the same story doesn't really surprise me coming from them. If the new anime has a lot to do with Kaede, I can't say I'm all that interested, she was really boring in the game, the anime made her 100 times more interesting. In fact, Sia/Kikyou was the only one who was really interesting. (I forgot to play Asa after watching the anime).

I guess I'll really have to watch it and see how it turns out, but right now, I don't think I really care either way. As long as they don't completely burn through their budget and animate like crap as they did in the 2nd half of the final episode, it will probably be worth watching.

note: Kikyou is Sia's "evil" side who went unnamed in the anime.

Munsu
Wed, 12-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I know there are different Shuffle! games, but that doesn't mean the anime has to cover all possible scenarios. I mean, for me it would make the last series worthless and fake. It's no different than all these H-Game adaptations that have multiple story-lines, but you don't see them shooting out anime series dealing with each different possible path. As I said, I would preffer that would've just picked a story to tell and stick with it. And if there's no sequel, then do nothing at all. The first SHUFFLE! series had a pretty good ending and if there's no story to continue it best leave it alone instead of ruining it.

Not to say that this series won't be good, hell it might very good... But I have troubles with it fucking up the story of the previous series, that's my only beef.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-27-2006, 10:12 AM
I was saying given how Navel makes a good franchise and then milks it for all it's worth. After they bombed with Soul Link, I really should have expected them to do this.

But I agree, they can't please everyone, and they really shouldn't be diverging down a lot of different paths. I did like the ending, and the way they really built the material off it's mediocre source material (especially Kaede). That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Rin-chan or Sia better developed, they were somewhat underutilized.

X-plicit
Wed, 12-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Maybe it's a retelling of someone else's point of view?

Kraco
Wed, 01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Seems like the first sub of the first ep came out:

Episode 1 xvid - Ayako (http://www.tpjcian.net/tung_yat_chun/%5BNyaaTorrents%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.org%5D%20%5BAyako%5D %20Shuffle!%20Memories%2001%20(XVID%20704x400)%20% 5BD6DAD0F7%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 1 h264 - Ayako (http://www.tpjcian.net/tung_yat_chun/%5BNyaaTorrents%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.org%5D%20%5BAyako%5D %20Shuffle!%20Memories%2001%20(H264%20704x400%20au dio%208000ms)%20%5B503C3836%5D.avi.torrent)

The subber group's name doesn't immediately ring a bell for me, but with my spongiform brain, that's not really surprising anyhow...

Bucket
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:25 AM
*downloads*

This'll be the first I've seen of this series, even though I've heard people talk about it for the longest time.

X-plicit
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Yay, I can't wait. *starts download*

Kraco
Wed, 01-10-2007, 12:59 PM
This was a recap episode with nothing new basically. Clips from the first season and narration to explain things and introduce all the characters. It didn't explain what's going to happen in this season (or version, whatever it is) nor what is the initial setting. Although, if it's going to tell a different version of the story, I fail to see why the audience was reminded of every character like this. My wits tell me the story should continue after a recap, not rewind to the beginning and tell it anew.

It has been a while since the series ended so maybe a recap was in order, but still it afterwards feels like a wasted episode, of course.

Bucket
Wed, 01-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Wait, so it's a continuation? If so, I'll have to watch the first series...

Arcn3ss
Wed, 01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Seems like the first sub of the first ep came out:

Episode 1 xvid - Ayako (http://www.tpjcian.net/tung_yat_chun/%5BNyaaTorrents%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.org%5D%20%5BAyako%5D %20Shuffle!%20Memories%2001%20(XVID%20704x400)%20% 5BD6DAD0F7%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 1 h264 - Ayako (http://www.tpjcian.net/tung_yat_chun/%5BNyaaTorrents%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.org%5D%20%5BAyako%5D %20Shuffle!%20Memories%2001%20(H264%20704x400%20au dio%208000ms)%20%5B503C3836%5D.avi.torrent)

The subber group's name doesn't immediately ring a bell for me, but with my spongiform brain, that's not really surprising anyhow...

Ayako = Your-Mom

* Now talking in #YOUR-MOM
* Topic is 'Time for #Ayako . Kiss #Your-Mom Goodbye | Last YOUR MOM JOKE: Your-Mom's so fat when she jumped for joy, a nuclear explosion occured.'
* Set by \404 on Sun Jan 07 23:05:21

>_> I hear its got nice errors ;p

Kraco
Wed, 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Wait, so it's a continuation? If so, I'll have to watch the first series...
I don't know. I just wondered that if it isn't a continuation, why would they they have a recap like this? Although it wasn't a story recap as such because they mainly just reminded who the characters are and what the world is, but still, a recap of some sort.

Well, if it's Your-Mom in new clothes, then it does explain the typos and such. Like they say, nothing changes but the name... Well, at least it's a better name.

However, it was perfectly watchable. Nothing to complain about in that sense. But perhaps I will archive something else.

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
If it's only a recap episode, I see no reason to watch it until a better sub comes out.

Board of Command
Wed, 01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Ayako = Your-Mom

* Now talking in #YOUR-MOM
* Topic is 'Time for #Ayako . Kiss #Your-Mom Goodbye | Last YOUR MOM JOKE: Your-Mom's so fat when she jumped for joy, a nuclear explosion occured.'
* Set by \404 on Sun Jan 07 23:05:21

>_> I hear its got nice errors ;p
I love Your-Mom.

Bucket
Wed, 01-10-2007, 07:53 PM
*starts watching*
Oh lord, I just saw some pointy elf ears. What have I gotten myself into?

hitokiriender
Thu, 01-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Ayako (Xvid) Episode 2 (http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/[Ayako]%20Shuffle!%20Memories%2002%20(XVID%20704x396)%20[7EE9C96F].avi.torrent)
Ayako (h264) Episode 2 (http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/[Ayako]_Shuffle!_Memories_02_(H264)_[ED862C84].mp4.torrent)

Ayako (Xvid) Episode 3 (http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/[Ayako]%20Shuffle!%20Memories%2003%20(XVID%20768x432)%20[2C3C1EE8].avi.torrent)
Ayako (h264) Episode 3 (http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/[Ayako]_Shuffle!_Memories_3_(H264)_[318F452E].mp4.torrent)

Anime-Universe Episode 1 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/[AnimeU]_Shuffle!_Memories_01_[DB53BE6D].avi.torrent)

edit: messed up links

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-25-2007, 03:38 PM
wow, I remember I watched the original at the base with a friend from the army, it was somewhat good anime...
I really liked the part with Keade dropping the knife, one of the best scenes ever!
how's the new anime so far? same style of story and stuff, or something diffrent?

Dark Dragon
Thu, 01-25-2007, 04:35 PM
just a bunch of clip from the first season so far.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I dont get where this show is going. Is it going to move to another storyline? I hope they show a different ending, otherwise it would be completely meaningless. A kaede edning would be nice.

Bucket
Thu, 01-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's going on. There are some good scenes, but otherwise I think I'm going to be pretty lost without watching the previous episodes...

Lucifus
Sun, 05-13-2007, 02:17 PM
So. um....what happened to this? :confused: o.0

Kraco
Sun, 05-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Why? It was finished. It was only 12 episodes. Ayako has released all of them (though I haven't watched yet more than half of them. I should finish this one day... Like so many other unfinished series...).

animus
Sun, 05-13-2007, 03:08 PM
They're all recaps I believe except for the last episode, and the various intro's within each episode.

Kraco
Sun, 05-13-2007, 04:12 PM
The name of the series is Memories. And while you can say they are recaps, it's not quite true, because the purpose is to give more information or other perspectives for some things that happened in the original series.

Why on earth would anybody even make 12 episodes of recaps?

animus
Sun, 05-13-2007, 06:26 PM
They might give new information, but they do not have any new animation at all except for the last episode. They're recycled clips with new audio, which is also a defition of a recap we find in many anime. The new perspectives might provide a lot of information, but frankly rewatching scenes I've already seen and listening/reading a storyline that's already finished seems like a ploy to milk as much out of the franchise as possible. I didn't bother watching them beginning to end after skimming through them to look to see if they had anything new. Take that however you like.

Kraco
Sun, 05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, I don't disagree that much on that. But this series never pretended to be more than that, down to its name. I assume you have some good source when saying there's no new animation, because I was pretty sure there was, though I don't remember the original well enough to be absolutely sure.

Still, I was also pretty bored of all of it, thus I watched it half-way through, then forgot it (though I've downloaded all of it). But on the other hand, there never was any need to expect this to be a second season or an alternative story line, and thus it never could have been more than bits and pieces of new info. Considering what it was, I guess it succeeded well enough in it.

Bucket
Mon, 05-14-2007, 09:58 AM
*shrug*
OK, I guess I'll go watch the original, then. It doesn't sound like this series has much to add.