PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas 06 Gotwoot!

samsonlonghair
Mon, 12-25-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm not religious, but you don't have to believe to wish a Merry Christmas. In English-speaking countries (and many other countries) December 25th is usually the day on which Christmas is celebrated. So wish your fellow Gotwootians a happy holiday.

My wife and I had our own private celebration yesterday morning. She loved all the stuff I gave her. Right now I'm at work playing Christmas Music on the air. When I get off work in the morning I'm leaving the station and going to see my family.

So what's everyone else doing?

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Merry Christmas once again my loyal subjects, long have we walked and fought to reach where we are today. Certainly, we are getting older and soon we must *blah blah* etc etc melodramatic speech about love and theft

Anyway I got a lot of money and some clothes so my day rocked. I was supposed to celebrate the remainder of the week at my girlfriend's, but I'm a bit sick so I'll do that for new year's instead (that party will KICK ASS).

ROCK ON

Psyke
Mon, 12-25-2006, 03:52 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone!

I hung out with a couple of friends last night, drank a couple of rounds, and slept at around 4.am, so when I woke up today Christmas was already half over. Nonetheless, I'm still going out to have a special dinner with my wife.

el_boss
Mon, 12-25-2006, 06:21 AM
Merry Christmas!

I spent the day with my family. We didn't trade any gifts this year, instead we focused on my 10 month old nephew. The food was awesome as always, I'm so full that I still haven't been able to eat breakfast today.

Lucifus
Mon, 12-25-2006, 07:05 AM
Merry Christmas Gotwoot! I just spent 18 hours reading fanfics, watching anime, eating my ass off and chasing my brothers rabbit around his room all night after going to a party with my brother earlier on without going to bed last night.

Now we're going to have the tree session then a giant breakfast at Dennys or something with my family then a party etc. etc. But I need sleep!~! Merry X-Mas!!!!!!!:D

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 12-25-2006, 09:42 AM
merry x-mas people. Jesus where do most of ya live my x-mas just started it's 9am here lol. I hope ya got everything ya wanted, and have a safe holiday.

Raven
Mon, 12-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Doodz, learn2future, it's already Boxing Day here. Christmas Day was good, I'm so full of food right now and I've just been playing Rayman Raving Rabbids on Wii - not a great combination! I spent the day with family and friends, that's always fun.

Kirai no Tenshi
Mon, 12-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it's Christmas.
I've been a good girl, and Santa came last night...
<insert joke involving not having enough tissues to clean up after him>

Although I hate Christmas (the booze is Ok, though), that doesn't mean I can't wish you all a Merry Christmas.
So, like, Merry Christmas.

BioAlien
Mon, 12-25-2006, 11:39 AM
! / ! \ !. Merry Christmas Gotwoot .! / ! \ !

even though it doesn't feel like christmas this year.... there is no snow.. and the sun is bright. (Quebec/Canada)

darkmetal505
Mon, 12-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Merry Christmas!

I got books, the obligatory dress shirt, and money, so not a bad turn out.

Kraco
Mon, 12-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Merry Christmas, Gotwooters!

I'm spending this Christmas time (like all of them) visiting my parents, eating good food, meeting some relatives (and receiving presents like the rest of you). Feels like a proper Christmas, minus the unfortunate lack of snow. There's hardly enough to make the ground white.

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Ditto for me Kraco, where the fuck is the snow? Wasn't even any frost here :(

Paulyboy
Mon, 12-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Merry Christmas guys and I am going to love the free food today! WOOT PARTY PARTY!

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Merry Christmas Gotwoot!

Hope everyone's having fun with their families and all the rest of it. Eat well and enjoy your presents.

I'm ecstatic at the moment because my mom got me a bass guitar, which is exactly what I wanted. Been playing it all morning~

There's isn't any snow here either :(. But that's to be expected when the average temperature year 'round is 85+ degrees. Oh well, I'm still having a great time. Best wishes all around.

Spiegel
Mon, 12-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

Honoko
Mon, 12-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! **goes off to sleep**

Raven
Mon, 12-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Haha, it's funny how so many of you didn't get snow when you should, and yet in Australia we got some in the middle of Summer. :D

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Merry Satanmas to all and to all a good fry.

Aeon
Mon, 12-25-2006, 08:49 PM
No snow here either but lots and lots of rain. Actually happy since this rain could've been snow in which case we'd be sitting on 6inches that I'd have to clean up. Best present this yr was a custom Eagles jersey that says Aeon on the back(Love my online name) and a Eagles win made this Christmas all kinds of awesome.

Yeah, it's Christmas.
I've been a good girl, and Santa came last night...
<insert joke involving not having enough tissues to clean up after him>

Guess I'm the only person taking this the wrong way.

Board of Command
Tue, 12-26-2006, 12:13 AM
FUCKING BULLSHIT THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!

At this local computer store they're having a giveaway thing. Here's how it works:
1st in line = 17" LCD monitor and $100 gift card
2nd/3rd in line = $50 gift card

The plan was I go with a friend and we camp the night outside the store to get 1st and 2nd. My friend only wanted the monitor and I only wanted the gift cards, so we planned on splitting it monitor/$150. I really needed the $150 because the only part still missing in my computer build is the memory which will cost over $250. I already spend $480 on parts and I really need to minimize the rest of my budget.

I called my friend at around 6 pm and we decided to go at 11 pm to ensure we're first in line. We got everything ready like chairs and sleeping bags and even food to survive the night outside. We drive there laughing at this plan because it's ridiculous for people to camp out for things like this. People camp for X360/PS3/Wii, not $100 and $50 gift cards... We were both absolutely psyched.

When we got there, I saw some movement outside the door. As I drove closer I saw some dude in a hoodie already settled in. FUCK!!!!11 Our entire plan just went down the drain because it's meaningless unless we get 1st and 2nd. I drove home and we both just stood there talking about how this was the shittiest day of our lives.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 12-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Not getting a monitor and a fucking gift card make this the worst day of your life? Find a pigeon to tickle you because you need to chill out and improve your mood. Don't take the little things so seriously.

Actually, yesterday wasn't great for me either. My family didn't get me anything even though they new I'd be coming. I gave them their presents, and I headed upstairs to take a nap. I was feeling a little depressed and thought that I'd feel better once I woke up.

No one woke me up for Christmas dinner though. I guess they didn't really want me over there. If they had said something to me about it I would have just stayed home. Oh well.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas anyway.

Xollence
Tue, 12-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I hope everybody had a great holiday weekend. :)

Carnage
Tue, 12-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Bah Im late. Well, Merry Christmas Gotwoot! I hope everyone enjoyed their gifts.

gr3atfull
Tue, 12-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Merry late Christmas to everyone! Finally, there is snow outside! ^_^

Board of Command
Tue, 12-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Not getting a monitor and a fucking gift card make this the worst day of your life? Find a pigeon to tickle you because you need to chill out and improve your mood. Don't take the little things so seriously.
It wasn't about not getting it. It was about my being excited about getting those free things and saving a lot of money on my computer build only to be ruined because some other crazy nut camped outside the store since 4 pm.

Think back to one of the most anticipated events in your life. Try to imagine how you'd feel if something ridiculous and unexpected happened and ruined that experience. My misfortune was probably nowhere near the magnitude of the most anticipated event in your life, but to me saving money is a huge thing. I'm a cheap ass.

Paulyboy
Tue, 12-26-2006, 11:14 PM

Actually, yesterday wasn't great for me either. My family didn't get me anything even though they new I'd be coming. I gave them their presents, and I headed upstairs to take a nap. I was feeling a little depressed and thought that I'd feel better once I woke up.

No one woke me up for Christmas dinner though. I guess they didn't really want me over there. If they had said something to me about it I would have just stayed home. Oh well.

Dude that sucks man, I hope YOU have a good after day of Christmas and the day after that and so on and so forth.

kenren
Wed, 12-27-2006, 03:51 AM
Merry Christmas GW !! I know it's too late .. my internet was down for a few months .. no snow in Malaysia =(

samsonlonghair
Wed, 12-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Thanks Paulyboy. That's a really nice sentiment.
In any case, I'm doing just fine. There's no reason to sweat the small stuff.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year.

KitKat
Sat, 12-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my beloved gotwooters. I hope you all had some suitably pleasant things happen to you over the holidays, or are at least planning something fun for new years.

I thought I'd share a bit about my holidays with you in picture form.

Cookies cookies cookies (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/engphysgirl/Christmas/Christmas039.jpg)

What would Christmas be without some Christmas baking? This is only a glimpse of the heaps and heaps of cookies and squares that inhabited our tables over the holidays. Indeed, we needed it all, since we had 30 people staying at my house for a couple days. These are stained-glass window cookies that my brother helped me make, and we decided to be a little....untraditional with the cookie cutters we used. At the end we made a little story out of it, as you can see in the picture, involving a demon cat riding on a lightning bolt and an alien invasion upon the unsuspecting inhabitants below.

Skittles learns to play Worms Armageddon (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/engphysgirl/Christmas/Christmas054.jpg)

Few things go together like cats and video games. I spent lots of time with each :D

Me, with my cousins Thomas and Susanna (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/engphysgirl/Christmas/Christmas064.jpg)

I know, it's been ages since I've posted a picture of myself. So here you go. This was the day before it started to snow like crazy, so alas the fields are bare.

The colossal Christmas tree (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/engphysgirl/Christmas/Christmas078.jpg)

This is a picture of my uncle performing a monologue that he'd prepared, but it nicely illustrates the size of the tree we had. There's a story behind the tree, that I told on irc, and it involves a transport truck, a giant tractor and a forklift. The tree was so tall that even on the ladder my brother had to use salad tongs to place the star on top. It was like having a forest in my living room.

So yeah, my Christmas was great! I made up for my lack of internet by playing lots of DDR and Guitar Hero, as well as knitting mittens and hats (I only learned to knit last month and I have become a complete knitting addict).

And now you're probably all tired of reading this post, so I shall end here.

Arcn3ss
Sat, 12-30-2006, 12:38 PM

Wow, what a bunch of douchebags. Sorry to hear man. Was it the immediate family or the extended family? I can understand if it was the extended, ( In my case, my extended family blows) but for the immediate that would be pretty low.

As for stuff...

Got my gift cards for my 3 games I wanted; Xenosaga 3, Valkyrie profile 2 and Disgaea 2. I pretty much got back what I spent on others. I love Xmas :P I like the season more so then the stuff.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 01-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Arcness, it was my mother and my two sisters. But it's okay. Like I said, there's no reason to sweat the small stuff.

KitKat, your cookies look delicious.

Happy New Year Gotwoot.