PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 336

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-20-2006, 09:50 AM
RAW
Direct Download 1 (http://rsf.mangas-fr.com/Shueisha/Shonen/Naruto.zip)
Direct Download 2 (http://www.animax.co.uk/naruto.php)
Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/8260682/Naruto_336.zip.html)

Even more links (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12283.0)

Text translation (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12291.msg254447#msg254447)

Comments:

Freaking amazing chapter. Damn Shikamaru owned them.

Psyke
Wed, 12-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Shikamaru's acting has improved since his days of pretending to fall under a Genjutsu. Good chapter, although Kakashi doesn't seem to have any tricks under his sleeves for now.

Lucied
Wed, 12-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Kishimoto really needs to just kill off Naruto already and make Shikamaru the main character.

Assertn
Wed, 12-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I wonder how he got the blood from the capsule on hidan's weapon instead of from his cheek though......

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I wonder how he got the blood from the capsule on hidan's weapon instead of from his cheek though......

I was wondering the same.
I think he spilled the blood on the weapon and then 1) self injured himself or 2) spilled some of the same blood on his face

Uberbaka
Wed, 12-20-2006, 12:24 PM
*keeps his hopes up for part 3 of the saga* It would be quite an interesting twist, lol.

It's weird how different the manga and anime is quality wise.. The anime -really- needs to get back on track.

Loving these chapters.

Assertn
Wed, 12-20-2006, 12:24 PM
tehe.......he should struggle to get up and say something like......"you missed the vital spot.....try again"

Knives122
Wed, 12-20-2006, 12:44 PM
That would be to much like that DB match between Picolo and Goku(where he blasted goku right through the chect and managed to miss every single organ and bone).

Pretty nice chapter, I'm pretty sure they'll either explain how the got the blood for hidan to taste or they'll never explain it at all.....

Yorma
Wed, 12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
fucked up chapter, some fucking punk killing akatsuki. I´ve lost all hope for this manga.

fahoumh
Wed, 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
fucked up chapter, some fucking punk killing akatsuki. I´ve lost all hope for this manga.

You think Shikamaru's just some punk? Have you even read any of the post-time skip manga prior to this arc?

EDIT: or this arc...let alone the translation for this chapter? (it's pretty wild how many steps ahead you see Shika really is)

And if you've lost all hope for this manga you can always go watch filler Naruto.

Assertn
Wed, 12-20-2006, 01:34 PM

lolz srsly....
I think the only people who should be able to kill any of the akatsuki are tsunade and jiraiya.
THEY SHOULD LIEK go hunt all the akatsuki down while all the other major characters that have been built up since the 1st episode sit back and watch!1 xd

Uberbaka
Wed, 12-20-2006, 01:56 PM
They did put alot of effort shoving that his scythe fell to the ground, I'm guessing they had a kage bunshin ready or something for the task of getting it on there... When has anything ever gone unexplained in naruto?

Speaking of people who should kill themselves some badguys or preferably die trying, where's konohamaru corps at? =P

Assertn
Wed, 12-20-2006, 04:55 PM
They did put alot of effort shoving that his scythe fell to the ground, I'm guessing they had a kage bunshin ready or something for the task of getting it on there... When has anything ever gone unexplained in naruto?

Hidan didn't use the scythe when he swiped at shikamaru. He used his concealed stick thing

KoKo37
Wed, 12-20-2006, 05:44 PM
MQ Scanlation by Hakabakashii :

SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/yi3ntm)
RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/8326258/Naruto_ch336MQ_Hakabakashii.zip.html)

Sidnne
Wed, 12-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I think this is one of the best chapters in a long time. Its been quite a while since a chapter has left me anticipating the next one.

I'm wondering though, if the use of Hidan's technique could mean an automatic death for Kakuzu, or if they merely managed to take out another one of his hearts with it.
I know it is most likely that they just destroyed another heart, but it just seems like so much work to only manage that much.

How many more plans could they possibly have to take out his hearts? Eventually they must run out of ideas and the things they try will stop working.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Shikamaru has in store for Hidan with his back turned and guard down. If Shika can keep Hidan in the circle, he can essentially attack Kakuzu limitlessly.

UChessmaster
Wed, 12-20-2006, 07:00 PM
I was wondering the same.
I think he spilled the blood on the weapon and then 1) self injured himself or 2) spilled some of the same blood on his face

i dont think so... kakashi got the blood from kakuzu because of raikiri then passed it to shikamaru, then when hidan "slashed" shika he actually failed and shika threw the pill with blood to the scythe and then he used a needle (you can see it in one of the last pages) to scratch himself

conquistaDan
Wed, 12-20-2006, 07:06 PM
good chapter,not great but good.

it was interesting to see that Shikamaru got Hidan in that trap like that and then really got him.Good job Kishi.

I honestly hope Hidan dies before Kakuzu,even though we all know that won't happen anytime soon.

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-20-2006, 07:16 PM
i dont think so... kakashi got the blood from kakuzu because of raikiri then passed it to shikamaru, then when hidan "slashed" shika he actually failed and shika threw the pill with blood to the scythe and then he used a needle (you can see it in one of the last pages) to scratch himself

well... that needle contained Kakuzu's blood.

Super5
Wed, 12-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Awesome chapter. Shikamaru is outsmarting everyone, and he saved Kakashi! I seriously doubt Kakuzu is dead, probably just got another one of his hearts. But then again, all the ghosts are out of him right now, so he might actually have bit it.

Side note: since Kakuzu is so old, I wonder if the symbol on his protector is actually the waterfall village or something else? The waterfall village isn't exactly canon, being as how it only appeared in one of the OVAs and as background in the chuunin exam.

chet_chetty
Wed, 12-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Doesnt Shikamaru have unlimited range for his kagemane when he's fighting in a forest? It looks they're about to switch roles in their cat and mouse game being in the forest with his nice tag and wire setup.

toonice714
Wed, 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Great chapter. I was wondering if that capsule was a lighter or something. If it was a tablet of blood that he smeared on his knife then shika has amazing slight of hand.

Meteros
Wed, 12-20-2006, 08:20 PM
aren't all the hearts currently not in kakuzu's body right now but rather in those black things with masks running around? so in theory he's a dead man, no?

Sidnne
Wed, 12-20-2006, 08:49 PM
aren't all the hearts currently not in kakuzu's body right now but rather in those black things with masks running around? so in theory he's a dead man, no?

Well, we don't really have any way of knowing that. In theory, it could be so, but our theories don't matter, only Kishi's. He can explain it any way he wants, if at all.

I seriously doubt that he is dead yet though. Deidara warned them about Naruto, so it is pretty safe to say that they will encounter Naruto before they die.

kAi
Wed, 12-20-2006, 08:49 PM
That was a very nice chapter, I like the planning that Shikamaru goes up to.

I like the way that Kakuzu's is immortal, a couple of chapters ago I was saying how I'd hate if Kakuzu survived the Raikiri, but it's better that's it gone this way, get to know his abilities more, and what he's capable of.

Now, I want to see or hear of the way that Hidan is, to me he just seems like a guy who really can't die at the moment, heh.

Elessar
Wed, 12-20-2006, 08:52 PM
The thing I liked most in this chapter was how Kishi played with the elements now that they are properly introduced. Aside from the notorious planned-since-start vs pulled-out-of-his-ass flamewar, it added nice depth to the fights.

Kakashi's high level suiton should have stopped the katon (fire is weak against water), but just like Naruto said when the weaknesses were explained to him, Kakuzu used wind to strengthen the fire and it broke through the waterwall.

And - prepare to freak out now - Kakashi could (in a Kakashi-Naruto combo like against fake-Itachi) strengthen Narutos wind-rasengan even further with his raikiri or sth else (Kakuzu's lightning jutsu anyone?). Making it the pinnacle of form manipulation + nature manipulation + nature vulnerability exploitation. Has got to be close to a nuke.

Stoopider
Wed, 12-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Good chapter. Love it when it Kishimoto plays out the battles intelligently. I didn't expect a blood coagulant (SP?) being played. But it worked well.

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 12-20-2006, 11:12 PM
with the kakuzu getting stabed in the heart by hidan's jutsu, I'm guessing his own heart got hit. With that being said he will probably be forced to take back in one of the ghost to stay alive, they will still have thier hands full, and be in danger, but before they die naruto arives to save them all at the last minute with hurricane rasengan.

Necromas
Thu, 12-21-2006, 01:47 AM
with the kakuzu getting stabed in the heart by hidan's jutsu, I'm guessing his own heart got hit. With that being said he will probably be forced to take back in one of the ghost to stay alive, they will still have thier hands full, and be in danger, but before they die naruto arives to save them all at the last minute with hurricane rasengan.

Don't forget the obligatory Tajuu Kage Bunshin that only makes 1 clone.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Side note: since Kakuzu is so old, I wonder if the symbol on his protector is actually the waterfall village or something else? The waterfall village isn't exactly canon, being as how it only appeared in one of the OVAs and as background in the chuunin exam.

The OVA aside, the appearance of a few gennins from Hidden Waterfall Village in the chuunin exams means that the village is cannon.

Here's my guess:
The land of Waterfall borders the land of Fire, so it's possible that Waterfall was once a more powerful country that lost land to Fire.

The first Hokage founded Konoha, right? I seriously doubt that Fire was a large, powerful country before it had a ninja village. The leaders of Fire probably asked the first Hokage to capture more land from bordering countries. The first Hokage may have invaded Waterfall and fought Kakazu then.

Continuing the speculation, Hidan (who is also seemingly immortal) may come from a fallen country that Konoha or another village completely wiped out.

JaySee
Thu, 12-21-2006, 04:12 AM

Shika didn't throw anything and Hidan didn't use his scythe. Shika has the vial in his hand in the last page. His face also is unscathed. It looks to me that he wiped the blood on his face and let the needle sword precisely slash only the blood and not the flesh on his face. :eek:

Assertn
Thu, 12-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Also check it out: Shika's face on the last frame.......the blood on his cheek is gone!

Konohamaru
Thu, 12-21-2006, 03:18 PM
woah that was an awesome chapter. Now we know who killed Shodai! Shika outsmarting Hidan and Kakazu! ahhh the intensity of this chapter made me wet myself...

EDIT: Wait my bad, it doesn't exactly say he killed Shodai.

Meteros
Thu, 12-21-2006, 04:48 PM
i don't think the chapter implies that kakuzu killed shodai. i'm sure kakuzu would've kept shodai's heart if he did... which means that oro couldn't have revived him when he fought the 3rd, the chances of oro creating the shodai clones (yamato) probably would be lower.. i guess he could still use dna from the rest of the body... and shodai being as strong as he is, kakuzu would've kept him, which he obviously hasn't

EDIT: haha i just saw your edit my bad

Assertn
Thu, 12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure shodai retired along with the 2nd when the 3rd became hokage

nests
Thu, 12-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Cool chapter. Now only two more hearts to go and Kakazu is gone.
Now what the hell is Shika going to do when Hidan realizes whats going on

Assertn
Thu, 12-21-2006, 07:09 PM

You mean 3...he started with 5 hearts.

It would be neat if kakuzu dies now since the other hearts arent in his body, but I'm sure a ghost will just merge with him to compensate.

FrogKing
Thu, 12-21-2006, 08:10 PM

Maybe Shikamaru can keep the act up by somehow convincing Hidan that he made a miscalculation and when the 1 of the ghost hearts merges with Kakazu, Hidan will reperform the ritual maybe they can kill at least 1 more of the ghosts. That leaves 2 hearts and at some point, I think that Kakazu will leave the battlefield (possibly after an Ino/Choji combo kill of the last attacking ghost) to try and replenish his supply of hearts before engaging in another fight.

Super5
Thu, 12-21-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't think Hidan will be fooled for a minute. I mean, he has to know when he's pierced his own heart, right? If Shika doesn't have a wound, that means his technique failed. So he'll know right away that Shika tricked him somehow and try to get away to rejoin Kakuzu. It will be interesting to see how he tries to break out of Shika's net of exploding tags.

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 12-21-2006, 11:05 PM
the most likely events to occur in my opinion are....

1. Shika binds hidan with his shadow again (maybe he didn't waste all his chkra and lose the use of it, instead he released it to make hidan think is chakra ran out). This will allow him to do another fatal blow, and hurt both kakuzu, and hidan. You have to remember hidan turned away once he thought he killed shika.

2. Like some have thought he will stab himself again thinking somehow shika wasn't killed, thus injuring kakuzu again before realizeing something is wrong.

3. Naruto comes and save shika by blasting hidan away with the new jutsu ( Remember kishi has always saved shika in this sort of way, right before he can die someone comes last minute). Since hidan will still be in his ritual kakuzu will also get hurt by the jutsu. Thus leaveing kakashi the chance to own him again.

nests
Fri, 12-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Number three sounds very possible I hope thats how it goes wtih Sakura and Naruto helping Shika and Yamato and Sai helping Kakashi and the others.

(I wonder if Sai is even going to show up again?)

DayoftheDante
Fri, 12-22-2006, 03:59 AM
I wonder if it'd take Kakuzu down if Shikamaru brought Hidan back into the circle using his shadow, and made him stab himself through the brain repeatedly? Okay, so decapitation didn't work for Hidan, but doesn't Kakuzu need his brain to live?

Elessar
Fri, 12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure shodai retired along with the 2nd when the 3rd became hokage
In another forum someone posted a page of the Naruto factbook where it says that Shodaime died in the village of old age or sth like that.

conquistaDan
Sat, 12-23-2006, 12:52 AM
I think Hidan is going to kill Kakuzu.Simple as that.We all know Kishi wouldn't have let Shikamarus IQ and ability get this far only to just let Kakuzu live.Shikamaru is probably going to kill Kakuzu and then I'm guessing team up with Kakshi to kill Hidan in some way.

Just a theory.Since the battle has gotten this smart thus far.

jing
Sat, 12-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Naruto is coming... Shikas just a knight piece :)

conquistaDan
Sat, 12-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok fine Nauruto is coming Naruto is coming,everyone just keep saying that.

Just tell me this.When the most untrained person in the group shows up holding the most important Jinchuriki,and comes with in feet of the Akatsuki, while every high class ninja able to protect him is dead tired and weak,what will happen?

He's not going to be fine unless he at least attempts to go into Kyuubi mode.And even then they might be able take him back to the HQ for extraction.

darkmetal505
Sat, 12-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok fine Nauruto is coming Naruto is coming,everyone just keep saying that.

Just tell me this.When the most untrained person in the group shows up holding the most important Jinchuriki,and comes with in feet of the Akatsuki, while every high class ninja able to protect him is dead tired and weak,what will happen?

He's not going to be fine unless he at least attempts to go into Kyuubi mode.And even then they might be able take him back to the HQ for extraction.

He's Naruto, he has his "way of the ninja", he is supposed to come and save everyone. I'm actually surprised that Tsunade is ready to send him though.

Someonemanr
Sat, 12-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Man, I really hope that backup doesn't come, I know it's supposed to be, and I know Naruto is supposed to be coming, but I want at the very least, for Shikamaru to get revenge on Hidan by himself, I don't think Kakuzu is dead just yet, even though he got hit in 'his" heart, Kakashi did originally hit him right in the heart, so it seems like he can still have a ghost jump back into him and keep him alive.

Kakashi is almost out of juice by now, maybe Ino and Chouji will actually do something useful besides stand around yelling out their teammates names.

I can accept backup coming to help Kakashi, although I was really hoping he'd do more, he really needs to up his chakra levels, well we'll see I guess maybe he can still use his version of the mangekyou sharingan.

The important thing here, is that Shikamaru is the man.

conquistaDan
Sat, 12-23-2006, 07:36 PM
I agree he is the man and I don't want Naruto to come either.

But we all know he is and I'd be interested to see what he's capable of.

toonice714
Mon, 12-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Great chapter! I can't wait to see how this develops. I hope that Hidan cant shut down his jutsu after on good vital spot shot. Also, if it goes away before the afflicted dies does that make hidan vulnerable or just ready for another shot at his ritual. When Asuma was already confirmed dead by hidan he seemed ready for another ritual. If you dont die after the ritual maybe he might be able to get hurt