PDA

View Full Version : I Hear This Isn't Being Made For The Anime?

kimbap629
Sun, 12-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I hope that KG still gets animated. I mean it was part of the manga and it gave quite a bit of insight on the characters involved and it was a great way to transition into "Part II"...or should I say Naruto: Shippuu Den.

Thread moved...

UChessmaster
Sun, 12-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I think this is in the wrong section...

Super5
Sun, 12-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Ummm.... reference please? Or is this one of those internet rumors that is wrong 99% of the time?

RasenDori
Sun, 12-17-2006, 08:14 PM
even assuming that it doenst make it into the anime, which i doubt they will probally do it as on of the jump festa specials like the kenshin flash back.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 12-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Do you have any sources on this?

UChessmaster
Mon, 12-18-2006, 08:49 AM
well...

2007-01-11
216: "The Disappearing Craftsman, The Targeted Shukaku"
消えた匠 狙われた守鶴

2007-01-18
217: "Suna's Allies, The Konoha Shinobi"
砂の同盟国 木ノ葉の忍

these are the tittles of the 1st two non filler material, that`s where the speculation is coming from.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Those titles haven't been confirmed as non-filler yet.

Sure, they resemble part 2, yet it would mean to cram 6+ manga chapters in just 2 anime episodes. A very bad move considering we just have over 100 fillers.

Anyway... I think KG will be movie 4.

Besides, we still need an episode where Naruto leaves, and 214-215 are still about the ocarina guy

kimbap629
Wed, 12-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Those titles haven't been confirmed as non-filler yet.

Sure, they resemble part 2, yet it would mean to cram 6+ manga chapters in just 2 anime episodes. A very bad move considering we just have over 100 fillers.

Anyway... I think KG will be movie 4.

Besides, we still need an episode where Naruto leaves, and 214-215 are still about the ocarina guy

hm...i see your point. but you know, it's like a must-have kinda thing ya know? like we finally get to hear what yondaime, rin, and obito sound like...

and i don't think that 6 manga chapters is enough for a full length movie. besides, the naruto movies have been completely filler thus far. so why start with a naruto movie that uses content directly from the manga where a 1 hr special could just complete it?

kimbap629
Sun, 12-31-2006, 09:32 AM
was on mIRC and i've been told that it's likely to be an OVA special?

Super5
Mon, 01-01-2007, 03:54 AM
I haven't heard anything about KG yet... it definitely is not the last filler arc in Naruto, since the preview is out and it's not about the Gaiden. So there are three possibilities I guess:

1. First episodes of Naruto: Shippuden
2. Movie 4
3. OVA special

I don't think they'll start out the new series with a flashback - especially one that has no relevance to the 3 year-time jump storyline - so (1) is unlikely. Movie 4 is scheduled for 2007 but it will be in the Naruto:Shippuden universe. All the past movies used characters that were currently popular and present in the anime for the main characters. This would seem to exclude Rin, Obito, and the Fourth. They could break with tradition, so (2) is a maybe. (3) is about as likely as (2), since OVAs tend to use the current anime cast. But (3) is more likely since 6 chapters of the manga can easily fill an OVA, but would need more stretching to make a movie.

We'll just have to wait and see. The title of movie 4 should make it obvious if it's KG or not.

kimbap629
Sun, 01-07-2007, 05:53 PM
yea...i mean by going according to what ANN has up on their site right now, there's i believe 2 or 3 weeks in between the latest release and the supposed beginning of part 2 on feb 15...

so in 2 or 3 weeks, they definitely should be able to do KG...

movie form i dont think so because then they actually need to add stuff to fill up like an hr worth of content...

so i'm gonna have to go with these options that they might choose to go with:

a. first few episodes of naruto: shippuden
b. last remaining episodes in part 1

Conders
Thu, 01-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't think they would start Shippuuden with KG... And as some said before I don't belive there is enough content for a movie. This makes an OVA a good choice... However I think they might (very probably not, but more likely than a movie) take it after the sand arc, after Gaara has been revieved, but before Naruto go after Sasuke, or maybe right before Naruto start with his wind training. This is only speculation of course.

kimbap629
Thu, 01-11-2007, 08:22 PM
so then that would be like what they did with the begining portion of "part 1" how the manga and the anime's orders are a little bit different,,,

Yukimura
Wed, 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe that'll be an OVA or something. It hardly seems economically reasonable to just ignore it, people would pay/ watch commercials to see it animated so they'd have to hate money to not do it in some fashion.

Kraco
Wed, 01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Maybe they just wanted to start with the main story right away. They could show it later at some point, when they would otherwise just insert fillers.

Assertn
Wed, 01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
They seriously should have thrown it in the middle of the filler gauntlet, as a sort of intermission from the stupidity.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 01-25-2007, 12:52 PM
The smart thing to do would be to stretch Kakashi Gaiden out and give it a full theatrical treatment for the upcoming movie. I'm sure they could find some cool stuff to help pad things out. I mean they did it in the manga by adding little additional scenes that helped stretch things out.

Remember the fight between Temari and Sauske in the forest during the konoah crush arc? That never happened in the manga, but it was a short little thing that could be justified within the time frame. I'd love to see something like that done with KG. Just imagine a ten minute segment of highly choreographed fight scenes as the fourth single handedly takes out two dozen rock nins.

Or how about an extended flashback featuring his father, the white flash where we get to see why he was comparable to that of the sanin. Honestly there's more then enough material to be expanded upon seeing as how KG felt rather rushed in the first place. Then again that's me just hoping realistically the fourth movie is gonna be as mediocre just as the other three have been.

Or they might have some sort of compromise. Generic filler villain comes from the east. Time jump naruto rushes into action, but is knocked back. Kakshi relates the tale of his past of the sharingan in a thirty minute flashback. Naruto relearns a lesson about the importance of friendship and triumphs over the evil filler villain.

Yeah for all.

Most realistically studio Pierrot will do it as an OVA. Which wouldn't be that bad either.

kimbap629
Fri, 01-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Spoilers

When Team 7 goes to Sunagakure, Chiyo-baachan mistakes Kakashi for his father. Unless the KG airs as like a special sometime soon, it'll be bad for the non-manga readers.

From looking at the episode titles up at ANN, it seems as if the animators learned their lesson from all the filler crap we've been watching in that they seem to be trying to stretch out the episodes, similarly to what "LobsterMagnet" just stated about the Sasuke vs. Temari battle. Also similarly, I think the Kakashi Gaiden will actually be 1 hour special, like episode 4 & 5 of Naruto: Shippuden because almost immediately after Part II's story begins, they go right to Sunagakure.

So to prevent confusion, my guess is that:

a. they'll mention the mission to Sunagakure
b. Kakashi will get Sakura and Naruto prepared
c. Sakura and Naruto go off to get their stuff ready
d. camera focuses on Kakashi either looking at the gravestone or the picture of his team when he was a genin
e. Kakashi Gaiden

Sounds legitamate, right?

Divinity
Wed, 01-31-2007, 02:07 AM
Spoilers
So to prevent confusion, my guess is that:

a. they'll mention the mission to Sunagakure
b. Kakashi will get Sakura and Naruto prepared
c. Sakura and Naruto go off to get their stuff ready
d. camera focuses on Kakashi either looking at the gravestone or the picture of his team when he was a genin
e. Kakashi Gaiden

Sounds legitamate, right?

That sounds good to me.. Hope it's something like that.. A nice flashback.

Super5
Wed, 01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm still thinking OVA (since there hasn't been one in a while, and it could be a good hook to get viewers into Naruto:Shipuuden), but I wouldn't object to a movie. Lobster's ideas are
good, and it would be super-cool to see the fourth do a little more than what's shown in the manga.

Teki
Fri, 02-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Remember how Chiyo attacked Kakashi and calling him the White Fang? Without KG animated, people who only watch the anime won't know what Chiyo is referring to when the time comes. So I'm guessing KG would have to come out before then in some form.

Yukimura
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:01 AM
It'd be easy to just explain that with a one liner "I think you mean my dad, old lady..." and that'll be enough for most people. Of course a decent number of Otaku will start wondering what information exists about this White Fang, but all in all it probably won't be a big deal.

Munsu
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:43 AM
I surely hope Naruto: Shippuuden doesn't start with the Kakashi Gaiden, I think we've waited long enough to see Naruto and all these mother fuckers grown up a bit. Anyways, the Kakashi Gaiden has to be animated at some point, possibly after the first arc after the return of the real Naruto. We all know these people that bring us the TV Shows and what not are stupid, but they can't fucking be this dumb as to not show the Kakashi Gaiden in some form.

kimbap629
Sun, 02-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't think that they're going to start with Kakashi Gaiden. If you check out Leaf Ninja, and read their summaries, it seems like they're going to be moving straight into the story.

I'm thinking that they'll do a 1 hr special or run 2 weeks worth of anime for the Kakashi Gaiden like right after Chiyo gets Kakashi confused with Sakumo.

From the looks of it, it seems like the anime will be pacing itself a bit slower. Leaf Ninja has a summary for episodes 1~4 of Naruto Shippuden and even the bell test #2 lasts up until episode 4, something which took the manga a few pages.

So I'm guessing that the animation company decided not to screw around or risk anything and go slower and add little things here and there so we won't be seeing as many fillers any time soon.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow, if thats true, they are going to go at a snails pace for the anime, another reason for me not to watch it anymore.

Everon
Sun, 02-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Are there any signs of this arc getting converted into a Naruto special?

Assassin
Sun, 02-25-2007, 02:21 AM
i've changed the name so as not to give away any info about upcomming arcs. please be careful of such things in the future.

Raven
Sun, 02-25-2007, 02:53 AM
Obviously it'll be an OVA of some kind, they have to do it at some point to introduce Obito as a character before they reveal Tobi to be him.:p

KawaiiInu
Tue, 04-17-2007, 04:53 AM
I was also hoping for that. But I haven't given up hope yet!

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-17-2007, 08:21 AM
The announced Naruto Shippuuden movie probably will be this discussed 'arc' of the manga.

Assertn
Wed, 04-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I doubt the kakashi gaiden will be a whole shippuuden movie.

For one thing, there would be no way for Naruto to make an appearance!

Idealistic
Sun, 04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
They could do a lot of backstory on the 4ths team or something to fill up the whole movie.... Not sure if it would interfere with the future manga though.

But then like Assertn said, there's not way for Naruto to make an appearance in his own movie!

Plus... Making it into a movie would be breaking the traditions of FILLER GARBAGE movies.

JaySee
Mon, 04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
They can have it so Kakashi is doing a flashback while telling Naruto the story then every once and a while Naruto would interrupt saying something like "EH!!!" "NANI!" "SUGOI!" etc. It'd be very annoying, just like all the other Naruto movies. I'm not sure how they'd stick a rainbow rasengan at the end though. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Idealistic
Tue, 05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
They can have it so Kakashi is doing a flashback while telling Naruto the story then every once and a while Naruto would interrupt saying something like "EH!!!" "NANI!" "SUGOI!" etc. It'd be very annoying, just like all the other Naruto movies. I'm not sure how they'd stick a rainbow rasengan at the end though. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Yes... They'd be in the woods outside of Konoha. After Kakashi tells the story, these ninjas attack them. Naruto beats them up. They try to run and then Naruto does a variation of the Rasengan which he launches the ball at them as they run and get they get hit in the ass and blast away like team rocket.

JaySee
Tue, 05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Team Rocket blasting off again!