PDA

View Full Version : Religous Connection

conquistaDan
Wed, 12-13-2006, 04:02 PM
There's a religous connection between Hidan and Kakuzu.

Hidan is in his own way religous.

Kakuzu has masks on his back that are the Four Evangelists of god.

http://catholic-resources.org/Art/Evangelists_Symbols.htm

That could just be me.But if i remember from my art history class, that would make sense to me that Kishi would design those two to be together on a team like that.

post away.

Next time read the forum rules on spoilers:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=313548

Kensee
Wed, 12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Intersting find... I would think they were put together because they compliment each other in a lot of ways. One gets hurt, other fixes him up ... they fight well together too.

I wouldn't go as far as the religious views were all apart of his initial plan of why these two members are together, but who knows.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Actually, the Angel-Lion-Bull-Eagle symbolism predates the gospels. The site you linked mentions Ezekiel, but the earliest mention of it I know is in Exodus 19 and Exodus 32. The translations are a little bit different depending on what version you read. The KJV mentions them only in passing; the Catholic version has a little bit more; the Coptic version tells about them vividly.

Everon
Thu, 12-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Your grasping for non-existent straws. The number 4 will pop up a lot in life, and your wasting time drawing connections.

Considering Kuzuku's malicious nature I think you would have had a better time convincing me they were the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse rather than Matthew and the gang. Or that the number of oozes coincide with the chinese superstition that 4 is an unlucky number. (And so forth)

RasenDori
Thu, 12-14-2006, 11:05 AM
hes not grasping for non existent straws. its a rather educated conclusion based on the animals the mask represent. not the number 4 itself. although i will have to agree with samson

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 12-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Your grasping for non-existent straws. The number 4 will pop up a lot in life, and your wasting time drawing connections.

Considering Kuzuku's malicious nature I think you would have had a better time convincing me they were the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse rather than Matthew and the gang. Or that the number of oozes coincide with the chinese superstition that 4 is an unlucky number. (And so forth)

4 in Mandarin (Chinese) is the same sound as Death.

Not necessarily unlucky if you're the one doing the killing.