PDA

View Full Version : Akatsuki Member's Past

Super5
Tue, 12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Hidan is probably the most mysterious known member of Akatsuki. For one thing, the mark on his forehead protector doesn't correspond to any known present ninja village. My theory is that his village is so ancient that it has long since disappeared. This might mean that Hidan is hundreds, perhaps even more than a thousand, years old.

If Hidan is immortal as he claims, he could be very old. This might be why he wants to die: he's bored of life and hopes someone can end it. It also might be why he tries to provoke the Leader, hoping that the Leader will get angry enough to finally kill him. Then again, it might be arrogance because he can't die. Hidan's immaturity tends to contradict this theory though - if he truly was old, he should be much wiser than he acts.

Next time read the forum rules on spoilers:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=313548

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
well... i THINK his protector is the hidden mist or waterfall...

the he is a lot year olds theory could be completely true and i think he provokes the leader cause that how he is (notice that he has provoked basically everyone he has crossen paths with), as for his maturity level i dont think it depends on his age, very old people may or may not be arrogant/wise etc

mage
Tue, 12-05-2006, 06:12 PM
He's not a very good ninja to be hundreds of years old. You'd think he'd be more skilled if he had that much time to refine his abilities.

Chouonsoku
Tue, 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM
He's not a very good ninja to be hundreds of years old. You'd think he'd be more skilled if he had that much time to refine his abilities.

But if he can't die he may not feel the need to do that.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 12-06-2006, 12:20 AM
But if he can't die he may not feel the need to do that.

Ah, but look at Orochimaru- near-immortality AND ridiculous regenerative powers. Even still, he is a ninja par excellence.

Uberbaka
Wed, 12-06-2006, 08:18 AM
That's because he aspires to be the greatest and knowing everything etc, god-complex stuff.

Hidan doesn't bother with that, just because Oro does it doesn't make it "Hip" =P

Super5
Wed, 12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
But if Hidan can't die, he doesn't need power on the level of Oro. Besides, we haven't seen much of what he can do, and the stuff we have seen is pretty powerful. If you're guaranteed a win once you consume some of your opponent's blood, what's your opponent gonna do? You have to stop him from hurting himself as well as from hurting you directly. Plus stopping Hidan's teammate(s) from hurting him - an easy stationary target. Given this one technique that Hidan knows, he has no need to learn any more powerful jutsu.