PDA

View Full Version : Super Lurkers

woofcat
Tue, 11-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, the other day i was wondering how many active members had joined before me, so i took my journey through 73 pages of the member list, and came up with the list. But amazingly there are some super lurkers. So this thread is to hopefully get them to reveal themselves.

I myself find it simply amazing that these people, who all are 2003 join dates, have stuck around gotwoot, but have not posted very much at all. Now onto the list.

Tsukasa - Last seen, today. Posts 47. Joined, 07-11-2003
To his credit, he does post every month but just not enough.

NomoZ - Last seen, today. Posts 266, Joined, 07-20-2003
NomoZ posts on average about once a month from what i can tell. He goes missing for a few months at a time, then posts three times in one month.

Seiryuu-sama - Last seen, today. Posts 19, Joined, 07-30-2003
Seiryuu-sama posted not at all in 2003, 10 times in 2004 once in 2005 and 4 times in 2006.

ryan92084 - Last seen, 11-23-2006. Posts 129, Joined, 08-15-2003
ryan, has only posted six times in this fine year, that is sadly drawing to a close.

ven0m - Last seen, 11-23-2006. Posts 10, Joined, 10-29-2003
ven0m posted 5 times in 2003 then decided to take a 3 year vacation. He has posted this year.

High Wind - Last seen, Today. Posts 112, Joined, 09-10-2003
High Wind has been posting more often, recently. Even a post on page 5 of this very thread.

I myself am amazed that these people are able to keep reading these forums, but seldom take place in them. Maybe some of these people will read this thread and reply to it.

LaZie
Tue, 11-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Damn those lurkers on starcraft........

Woops I see you're talking about lurkers on GotWoot!
Maybe I should become a lurker...

SK
Tue, 11-28-2006, 11:59 PM
I shall worship these lurkers.

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-29-2006, 12:14 AM
I used to be one :P
Posted at first, left after reading stupidness from a mutata or something, lost my pass, returned with new account, asked a mod for help to recover old account, merged, became active.

o_O

Sandldan
Wed, 11-29-2006, 01:57 AM
yes yes, lurking indeed

Board of Command
Wed, 11-29-2006, 02:02 AM
I'm not sure if I was a lurker or not back in the day. Who knows?

6Zabuza9
Wed, 11-29-2006, 02:03 AM
lurking is awesome

Kraco
Wed, 11-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Maybe these long time lurkers have a secret. Maybe they can only watch anime (and thus find anime forum interesting), when their uber strict wives or husbands are away from home for an extended period of time. Those times they then go all out, download some anime and bravely post once or twice in an anime forum.

SK
Wed, 11-29-2006, 05:39 AM
I only lurked for releases, not to read the forums, once I decided to read topics one day, I had to register, because I like to hear myself talk.

yallo
Wed, 11-29-2006, 08:23 AM
I guess sometimes you just enjoy reading the exchanges back & forth between other people. Don't really have that much to contribute to the discussion.

xsilentxassassinx
Wed, 11-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey, I'm a bit of a lurker but not a super-lurker..I joined a while back but shit hit the fan here and now I'm all alone in this decrepit flat...which does mean that I can come here freely though and talk to you guys :) If I dont post in ages it's not cos i'm some cool uberlurker, more likely i forgot my password...anyway i feel ill and i start work tonight so i'm gonna force-feed myself cheerios...tc X

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I joined the same day I found the forum and became a mod 5 days afterwards because I posted like a fucking whore and Suede (former admin) found that sexually arousing.

I'm not sure why I just wrote that.

Bucket
Wed, 11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure why I'm posting.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, the other day i was wondering how many active members had joined before me, so i took my journey through 73 pages of the member list, and came up with the list. But amazingly there are some super lurkers. So this thread is to hopefully get them to reveal themselves.

Wow, you really have too much time on your hands. A lot of people visit here for information and maybe links to the latest episodes, but posting is pretty pointless because no one cares what anyone else has to say, they just want to see themselves in print. At least making this list is better than you rewatching Blood+ to pass the time.

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-29-2006, 11:17 AM
but posting is pretty pointless because no one cares what I have to say

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uver haX0rz skillzz

Edit:
I wrote that? Damn it... work is doing me bad things...

FrogKing
Wed, 11-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I think everybody lurks once and a while. I (like many) lurked before I actually signed on and started posting (everybody has a similar story), but these lurkers...super indeed! Now, if this post can only draw them back. Nice job woof and damn you do have alot of time on your hands; 73 pages ffs :)

Kraco
Wed, 11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Somehow I think Complich could have done this more easily by using his statistics wizardry once again on the data base. Too bad he hasn't published any interesting statistics lately. Maybe he has been too busy with the rl...

But of course it's all the more impressive achievement from you, woofcat, since you don't have Complich's access level.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
I mostly lurke anymore, I used to be semi active in the art section and various anime threads. I dont have time for photoshop cause im addicted to online gaming and dont have free time for it anymore. 30 minute anime can only be overanalized so much and I dont consider myself as a person who over thinks about the plot and events in an anime, I just enjoy the journey or skip it in the case of Naruto fillers.

I like to read the forums to see others opinions and theorys, witness e-drama, and flame wars. Unfortuneatly Mut@t@ an Y are no longer around they made things intersting thats for sure, but atleast we still have the ever interesting Terracosmo.

Anyways its nice to be back though i doubt anyone missed me or knew i left, lol. See ya guys around.

Spiegel
Wed, 11-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I was forced to lurk for a week because of an error with the registration, but I think lurking can be a good thing so you can get to know the forum before you piss someone off. Just super-lurking is kinda creepy.

python862
Wed, 11-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I only lurk when there are no topics that I even remotely know about.

Animeniax
Thu, 11-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Case in point, your thread about your "band".

BAM! I am the insult master!!!

Anyway, not to belittle woofcat's accomplishments or efforts, but seriously, no hot chicks will be impressed that you compiled this list. Maybe learn how to play guitar or a sport. Seriously, I'm not making fun. I've always regretted not spending my time more wisely, and hopefully you take this as encouragement and not ridicule. Peace.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Case in point, your thread about your "band".

BAM! I am the insult master!!!

!!!!11111111111

no hot chicks will be impressed that you compiled this list

LMAO @ the prospect of you knowing the least about what gets "hot chicks" (in your case probably 14 year-old indonesian midgets, no offense to Indonesia) impressed.

High Wind
Thu, 11-30-2006, 01:34 AM
I don't feel the need to post in a thread unless I have something to contribute. This post being an exception.

FrogKing
Thu, 11-30-2006, 02:09 AM
^Joined September 2003 with 111 posts...I think you missed one Woofcat!

SK
Thu, 11-30-2006, 03:30 AM
I don't feel the need to post in a thread unless I have something to contribute. This post being an exception.

That shit is gangsta.

Sandldan
Thu, 11-30-2006, 05:06 AM
Been lurking around pretty much all the time i've been here, partially because i havent had anything to contribute. And it could be because im a Finn :rolleyes:
Takes a while for us to break the ice, but it's soon all gone!

Animeniax
Thu, 11-30-2006, 05:15 AM
LMAO @ the prospect of you knowing the least about what gets "hot chicks" (in your case probably 14 year-old indonesian midgets, no offense to Indonesia) impressed.

So you're saying compiling lists of lurkers on a forum is something that impresses hot chicks? Somehow I doubt it's the dorkiest thing you've done to impress a girl.

complich8
Thu, 11-30-2006, 06:47 AM
There's some things you do to impress women, and some things you do to entertain yourself.

You're right, data mining on the forums is not going to get you laid, no matter how much of it you do. Doesn't invalidate it as something to kill time though...

kAi
Thu, 11-30-2006, 08:32 AM
So, what do you do?
I'm in the mining industry.

This is the shit that gets you laid!

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-30-2006, 08:43 AM
IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT SEX WITH YOU GUYS!

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-30-2006, 12:50 PM
funny how the intent of this thread was to lure out these lurkers, yet instead it is mostly frequented by some of the loudest and biggest post whores on the forums...

and by participating here I increase the post-whorage content of this well-intended thread to a new level! now we just need Chaoskiddo and a special appearance by Mut and the perversion of this topic will be complete!

good stuff on luring fooman and high wind out of their lurk holes though.

Assertn
Thu, 11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
There's some things you do to impress women, and some things you do to entertain yourself.

You're right, data mining on the forums is not going to get you laid, no matter how much of it you do. Doesn't invalidate it as something to kill time though...
Seriously. Must lead a simple life if all your actions are based on whether you'd get laid or not.

Spiegel
Thu, 11-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I love using forums as something to kill time. I wouldnt have joined if i didnt think that way. I should spend more time doing my homework though.

darkshadow
Thu, 11-30-2006, 07:06 PM
lol 5 mods posted in a row, haha i found that suprisingly funny =D............

darkmetal505
Thu, 11-30-2006, 07:24 PM
To pull out those lurkers you have to get those seige tanks ready.

Maybe they have better things to do than post here.

FrogKing
Thu, 11-30-2006, 07:52 PM
lol 5 mods posted in a row, haha i found that suprisingly funny =D............

Lol, more like the boss and his 4 cronies :D

Deadfire
Thu, 11-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Lol, more like the boss and his 4 cronies :D

Better to be a cronie then a sucker :p

FrogKing
Thu, 11-30-2006, 08:07 PM
^And another mod joins in...sucker and cronie are probably on par with each other. I don't know if i am that easily decieved though.

ChaosK
Thu, 11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
To pull out those lurkers you have to get those seige tanks ready.

Maybe they have better things to do than post here.

You also need some sort of detector...

What was posted:

I joined the same day I found the forum and became a mod 5 days afterwards because I posted like a fucking whore and Suede (former admin) found that sexually arousing.

I'm not sure why I just wrote that.

What I read the 1st time

I joined the same day I found the forum and became a mod 5 days afterwards because I like fucking whores and Suede (former admin) found that sexually arousing

After confirming and reading, my interpretation

I joined the same day I found the forum and became a mod 5 days afterwards because I posted like a fucking whore and Suede (former admin) would jerk off to it.

Either way, where's Suede now? :confused:

High Wind
Thu, 11-30-2006, 11:36 PM
^Joined September 2003 with 111 posts...I think you missed one Woofcat!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disapointed at being excluded from the list. I joined back when the forum had its old old blue layout. Don't know if anyone else remembers it, but that layout was one of my favourites.

Honoko
Thu, 11-30-2006, 11:40 PM
I remember that layout... I know I said I lurked for a year before joining but you know what? I think I lurked for several years before actually making an account here :p

SK
Fri, 12-01-2006, 01:25 AM
I remember that layout... I know I said I lurked for a year before joining but you know what? I think I lurked for several years before actually making an account here :p

Everyone is a super lurker now. :rolleyes:

Augury
Fri, 12-01-2006, 06:11 AM
I think High Wind covered one of the main reasons people don't post already - they'd rather not add forum filler. Beyond that though, I remember perhaps around a year ago (or less) I'd see a question thread that I could answer, but wouldn't bother posting because I knew one of the regulars / more frequent posters would answer it within a few hours. (One Piece and deblas comes to mind)

There's also laziness, I suppose... like how I've read the new posts in this thread perhaps four to five times in the past two days before finally deciding to post something now.

woofcat
Fri, 12-01-2006, 10:18 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disapointed at being excluded from the list. I joined back when the forum had its old old blue layout. Don't know if anyone else remembers it, but that layout was one of my favourites.

The reason i didn't include High Wind is because he(she?) posted for the last 2-3 days. And that isn't being very much of a lurker. But if the public demands i could add you to the list.

SK
Fri, 12-01-2006, 01:25 PM
I think he should be added.

Lucifus
Fri, 12-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Add em. But christ, these guys can Lurk. Nice. Most I've ever lurked anywhere is prolly a year.

Jessper
Sun, 12-03-2006, 07:08 PM
I used to be one :P
Posted at first, left after reading stupidness from a mutata or something, lost my pass, returned with new account, asked a mod for help to recover old account, merged, became active.

o_O

Mut and Y made this forum worth posting on. =(

Charlf00
Sun, 12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't suppose anyone remembers me:)

The Super Lurkers thread was just so conveniently similar. Mergeriffic!
-Kit

Lucifus
Sun, 12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Jul 2003. Would you happen to be a super lurker or are ya waking up from hibernation?
Edit at below, I would reckon so.

ChaosK
Sun, 12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Woofcat, looks like you missed one.

BioAlien
Sun, 12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
we probably all been lurking around.

i been on gotwoot from the time Tenjou Tenge(around episode 12~ or so) was not a completed series yet (like, everything was blue back then)

but i never really came on the forum before i became "interested" in the naruto series... back in the days animeone was "quick" at releasing new episode.

Charlf00
Mon, 12-04-2006, 12:26 PM
I haven't been back on the forum since...2004 I think..woah a very long time indeed.

Wheres rockman and mickthebeast? did they die?

Kraco
Mon, 12-04-2006, 01:03 PM

Aye. They were run over by the same car. The driver of the model T since died of old age in a prison.

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-04-2006, 01:14 PM
I haven't been back on the forum since...2004 I think..woah a very long time indeed.

I remember you, you silly person

FrogKing
Mon, 12-04-2006, 01:43 PM

Wow! Welcome back Charlf00. Two questions (if you ever comeback to read this): 1. Where have you been (were you lurking or just away from GW)? 2. Why did you come back now?
I ask b/c you haven't posted since 2004 and yet when you come back BAM! There's a thread for the lurkers like you...I am betting that you have been lurking since 2004. Hope you stick around!

rockmanj
Mon, 12-04-2006, 09:10 PM

Die?? No, ive been working and going on vacations like every few weeks or so...plus, im like always studying korean or drunk, so im seldom able to come up with intelligent posts :confused:

ChaosK
Mon, 12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Die?? No, ive been working and going on vacations like every few weeks or so...plus, im like always studying korean or drunk, so im seldom able to come up with intelligent posts :confused:

We like your drunken nonsense as much as your intelligence...:rolleyes:

Charlf00
Mon, 12-04-2006, 10:26 PM
h so I see some of you are still here..Hi Terra,Rockman and Kit...

I haven't been lurking really..just had a recollection of when I uswed to go on irc gotwoot:)
Funny times :)
I'll stick around a while I guess.

hopeknight
Tue, 12-05-2006, 04:00 AM
I guess I would classify myself as a lurker with my 0.23 posts a day average. I'm just not the talkative type, really. Well, this thread has gotten me to look back at my time here on Gotwoot. I can't say I've got as many memories as some of you, but it certainly hasn't been a waste of my time.

Assertn
Tue, 12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
I miss itachi_ (or was it _itachi)? :(