PDA

View Full Version : Possible upcoming Contests planning thread

Deadfire
Sun, 11-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Well I've been thinking again and may as well give you all a thread for giving the staff some ideas and such for contests. What I'm thinking right now is

1. A sig/wallpaper/fanart contest of some sorts. possibly around the theme of winter and/or holidays

2. A bigger contest much like my now defunct "GW survivor" contest

Rewards for these contests should be thought of as well, making sure they parallel with the work that has to go into winning them.

I do have a few thoughts of my own for these two but I'm shut up and let you guys give me ideas before I go off.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 04:09 PM
I say you guys host a small contest. Make the reward the choice between colored name or custom title.

Jadugar
Sun, 11-26-2006, 06:00 PM
It’s a lovely idea from DeadFire. I love contests. Lets make one happen.

Can we stretch one far enough to match the end of Naruto Fillers ( just wishful thinking)?

Sig/Wallpaper/Fanart contest :

I have been here on Gotwoot long enough and in my time, I have seen a few sig/wallpaper/fanart contests. They weren’t anything special. I don’t know why that was. Maybe people didn’t take that much interest in them or the contest didn’t involve people from outside sig making community. There are only one or two good sig makers on gotwoot. Ok, maybe there are more than two but not many. What I am saying is that a sig contest would be only catering to a few people. The gap in the level of skills is very big.

You need to come up with a better idea or a completely different theme.

Here goes nothing……….

1st Suggestion :

I don’t have anything against sig makers but I want to see a contest where the contestants who have never made a sig in their life would take part. Yes, a newbie sig contest. This way all the contestants would be on the same level of Photoshop. The hard thing would be to find people who would be willing to participate. I am sure we can find people wouldn’t miss a fun opportunity like this.

2nd Suggestion :

The ugliest looking sig :

If you still want to go with professional sig makers then change the normal rules. Yes, I/we have seen what people can do with lovely renders but lets see if they can make something that is the most horrible thing to look at.

2. A bigger contest much like my now defunct "GW survivor" contest

?????????????????????????

No ideas as of now but I will post one as soon as something pops in my head.

Rewards :

I say you guys host a small contest. Make the reward the choice between colored name or custom title.

That’s good enough.

But I want to see some punishments in there as well for the loser/s. What can I say I am cruel?

<Insert DeadFire’ disclaimer here( you know the one I am talking about).>

P.S Kudos to BOC fro making a sig composition guide. I have been meaning to thank him for a while now. I guess I will do it here.

Kraco
Sun, 11-26-2006, 06:54 PM
2nd Suggestion :

If you still want to go with professional sig makers then change the normal rules. Yes, I/we have seen what people can do with lovely renders but lets see if they can make something that is the most horrible thing to look at.
XanBcoo already won that contest... (http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5487/spengbobsiguv9.png)

But yeah, in general level there could be some credit to the idea of smaller contests. Maybe people, both organizers and the contestants, can get weary of events spanning half a year. Although it may feel unfair to give grand prizes for a few hours of work. And like Jad said, a simple sig contest prize would almost automatically go to one of the relative few people pushing out quality sigs all the time. It could be a bit rigged.

Personally I think contests that are open to as many people as possible are the best, like Jad said. Something that requires imagination but only low-moderate skills of any kind are absolutely necessary. And since this is an anime forum, I tend to think it would be best the contests had something to do with anime. We all know KitKat would win the baking contest, so far-fetched themes like that are biased.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 09:14 PM
2nd Suggestion :

I already won that, and it's worse than Xanbcoo's, if you know what I mean ;)

Click here if you don't... (http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2776/boardoriginalzz7.jpg)

P.S Kudos to BOC fro making a sig composition guide. I have been meaning to thank him for a while now. I guess I will do it here.
Thanks. Glad to know there are people that appreciate the work. I might write up Section 4 tonight if everything goes well (school work :mad: ).

NM
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:29 PM
I personally liked the signature contest where two people would be making a sig for someone to actually use. Back then we did it for people who had the ugliest sig but technically we could've done it for anyone if they volunteered. And then that person would vote for the better sig and he/she gets to keep it while the winning sig-maker moves onto the next round. The reward can be a custom title or something.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey WTF mate? Nobody made sigs for me back in the day.

woofcat
Mon, 11-27-2006, 12:20 AM
This is my really crappy idea, but what about... dare i say trivia of some sort?

Fire up an irc bot and load it up with anime trivia questions. Who ever has the most points at the end of the week/month/year/whatever wins something.

Deadfire
Mon, 11-27-2006, 09:44 AM
I agree with Jad and Kraco here as well, contests that are open to as many people as possible are the best. With a sig contest the members that can do it is some what limited. As well if something was to be given to them because they have PS skills, I may as well give prizes for other skills that others have.

Now

I personally liked the signature contest where two people would be making a sig for someone to actually use. Back then we did it for people who had the ugliest sig but technically we could've done it for anyone if they volunteered. And then that person would vote for the better sig and he/she gets to keep it while the winning sig-maker moves onto the next round. The reward can be a custom title or something.

Gotwoot Makeover, I remember that as well (as I was one of those that had a really bad sig, in those days) it was challenging because not only did the person that the sig was made for have to pick the theme, but they got to pick the better one.Like the above example though most likely those skilled in PS will win.

How about this. We do the sig contest on a 3 tier system, Beginner, Experienced, Expert. That way anyone can pick their skill level and be facing those that are at the same skill level. We can have a sign-up thread made so people can see if a person needs to be in a different tier or not. For the contest something like 3-4 rounds with a poll to see the winner. Each round however gives points for the places a member gets. Something like 5 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd, and after the 3-4 rounds we tally the points and compare it. It's possible that the overall winner is one that in any of the tiers with the most points.

Each round would have a theme made before hand however not revealed to those playing (as they could start on the sigs before hand before others and come out on top because they had more time to work on it) however taken out of a pool of suggested themes.

Prizes can be custom titles for those who win at their tiers and custom color for that person that is the overall winner. (I'm going to be looking into the possibly of having a bigger sig and/or bigger avatar, I can't make any promises but it's a idea)

As for the bigger contest Woofcat is on the right track as well as Kraco it has to be something simply everyone can have a equal footing on. Trivia is one option (As much as I like to use IRC, some may not or will not use a client for this, so not exactly equal)

Knives122
Mon, 11-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Sig contests are getting pretty boring. I say go with something everyone can participate in and not just have it revolve around sig making.

Board of Command
Mon, 11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm personally not in favor of a sig contest.

FrogKing
Mon, 11-27-2006, 02:38 PM
I agree that a sig/wallpaper contest is old hat. It both caters to a particular audience and has been done many different times under many different guises. I second the idea of some sort of trivia contest. I do like the idea of a contest that speaks to many more members of GW and not just a few...

What kind of contest will fit this bill? Triva...maybe. Sig/Wallpaper...hardly. I will have to think about this for a while and see if I/we can come up with something new. I do like the idea of a holiday theme; though I think that it may be rushed seeing how Christmas is being shoved down our necks with all the holiday commercials telling us NOT TO WAIT ONLY 'X' MORE DAYS OF SHOPPING LEFT!!! <--tangent.
Anyhoot, I hope this happens and look forward to seeing the 'new' ideas.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Personally, I like the sig/wallpaper idea. :p

In the theme of fanart, we could also have a contest to create new banners for the site (the ones we have are getting stale), a new logo, etc.

As for the idea of trivia, I like it. However, let's face it, it's impossible to give everyone equal footing. I know for a fact that the number and types of animes seen by people here are extremley varied.

Thi3f
Wed, 11-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Spiegel
Thu, 11-30-2006, 12:02 AM
I want an MSPaint contest.

I want to expand that idea, We could make a contest thread where you give and topic or a general Idea or a template to use and people will have to create an image using MSPaint based off of that idea. Example: you give a basic T-Shirt Template (http://uplued.com/waffleimages/files/b9/b984bbbcf53ef725264647f5020dcd8675949933.jpg) and have the user take that and expand upon it in any way to make say a Naruto, Bleach, or other t-sirt on that template.

That is just an example of a contest idea, But instead of making it just one winner you can make it a voting type where you set it with different categories to vote on. i.e. Funniest, most creative, Best artwork, ext.

-Spiegel

FrogKing
Thu, 11-30-2006, 12:36 AM
@Spiegel: I like! What if it was a GW t-shirt making contest or something? Mods could provide a theme (i.e. Naruto, Bleach, Haruhi, etc.,) and the contestants could try and make a funny/serious/whatever t-shirt that are judged by either votes or a panel of judges that break down winner(s) based on different criteria.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 11-30-2006, 04:53 PM
That really is no different than a regular wallpaper contest...you just need to crop it out into the form of a shirt.

FrogKing
Thu, 11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
That really is no different than a regular wallpaper contest...you just need to crop it out into the form of a shirt.

Not necessarily. Good T-shirts don't abide by the same rules as making a wallpaper. You could make a simple/clean shirt design with MSpaint and you'd be good to go. You could (as a wallpaper or sig artist) use the skills you've developed to make a good shirt, but you could over do it and make something lame in the public's eye. I still like his idea...

Spiegel
Thu, 11-30-2006, 05:09 PM

The difference is you cant just crop pictures onto it, You are supposed to use MSPaint or your own art to make a T-Shirt that has a phrase or quote or something to make it funny or fun. Not just making elaborate ripoffs of someone elses renders or images.

Thi3f
Thu, 11-30-2006, 05:14 PM

Spiegel
Thu, 11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Thi3f, Yeah that is a great idea. The intent of my idea was to use MSPaint tools only. But I have always been bad at fully explaining anything so sorry if i miss-represented the idea. I would love to participate in a Comic strip contest. I have also seen some comic type ideas where you sign up for the contest and get assigned in a pre-determined order. The admin starts the comic with 1-3 slides and the next person in the list continues the story with their own slides. and each person has a timeline they have to complete it in before it goes to the next person. Just an idea, hope you like it.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
You could (as a wallpaper or sig artist) use the skills you've developed to make a good shirt, but you could over do it and make something lame in the public's eye.

I'm sure "over doing" something wouldn't be a that big of a problem. As as for something being lame in the public's eye, everyone has different tastes, this really isn't any different from wallpaper making. Someone could praise it and another could completely hate it, it's the same with all art.

You are supposed to use MSPaint or your own art to make a T-Shirt that has a phrase or quote or something to make it funny or fun.
The entire point was to make something everyone could do, I thought. People here that can draw a decent pic by hand or in MS Paint are far fewer than people who have a moderate amount of skill in PS. And who says a wallpaper can't have a funny quote?

Not just making elaborate ripoffs of someone elses renders or images.
1 - Wallpaper's can use original art too.
2 - Once again, I bet 5 at most people here can make something decent is Paint.
3 - Making a good wallpaper doesn't consist of just ripping someone else's render and making it prettier.

I'm not even saying it's a bad idea, just that it isn't that different. On a side note, a wallpaper contest could actually be useful to some people, give them a new wallpaper. Who is going to actually get the design printed onto a t-shirt and wear it (I hope the answer is no one)?

FrogKing
Thu, 11-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm not even saying it's a bad idea, just that it isn't that different. On a side note, a wallpaper contest could actually be useful to some people, give them a new wallpaper. Who is going to actually get the design printed onto a t-shirt and wear it (I hope the answer is no one)?

LOL! I don't think anybody would actually do it. I agree that in the end it isn't much of a difference than a WP contest, it's just that it IS a little different. Hell, there is a 'Show off your new sig/wallpaper' thread. If the T-shirt isn't different enough, then some one needs to come up with something that is...bottom line! IMO a WP contest is a rehash of previous contest; T-shirt maybe close to in your opinion but w/e...back to square one?

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-01-2006, 02:44 AM
XanBcoo already won that contest... (http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5487/spengbobsiguv9.png)

I guess this claim to fame is as good as any, eh? I'll take it.

As far as another contest goes, I'm all in favor of having some sort of MS Paint competition. I think that limiting resources usually brings out the creativity in people. Either that, or we'll just get a lot of crap. I have a vision of a messy submission consisting of non sequitur panels depicting crude stick figures, trying to pass itself off as "comedy".

We could avoid that by having specifically themed submission guidelines instead of open-ended ones, such as (and I know I'm totally ripping off of a staple SA concept here..) "anime characters deal with everyday life", or something similar. That's my suggestion.

I also completely disagree with a trivia contest, for an obvious reason. We're all using the internet here. All anyone would need to do is keep a wiki or a good anime page open as a sure-fire backup to any question. The only skill it would test would be information retrieval, something that could only properly be measured in a short time limit on IRC, which a large number of users (including myself) don't really use.

Spiegel
Fri, 12-01-2006, 12:02 PM
(and I know I'm totally ripping off of a staple SA concept here..)

Your a Goon....?

Sorry that was a little off topic, but to redeem myself I have seen the staple SA concept and it is greatly amusing. I wouldn't mind seeing it here. Maybe being outside the twisted world of SA we might be able to find some new creativity and fun ideas.

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Your a Goon....?
Possibly someday. I lurk every now and then. Both SA and 4chan spawn some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen on the internet, in my opinion.

Sorry that was a little off topic, but to redeem myself I have seen the staple SA concept and it is greatly amusing. I wouldn't mind seeing it here. Maybe being outside the twisted world of SA we might be able to find some new creativity and fun ideas.
That's pretty much what I was getting at. I think it'd be pretty fun and interesting to see what people from this forum can come up with. The results will probably be similar to those of the first contest in Gotwoot Survivor (the caption contest), which seemed to be the most successful.

saman
Sun, 12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
hmm, i think it'd be neat to have something different. maybe a scavanger hunt of sorts, where people are given a specific clue, and then they have to go around the forums to look for more clues and collect pieces of a bigger picture, and the person who gets all the pieces together using the clues wins.

or, i dunno, maybe an anime-related crossword. everyone likes crosswords. maybe even a word search without a list, and the person who finds the most correct words by the deadline wins. i tried a contest like that once, and i was obsessed with the thing for two days, but i didn't win because there were so many submissions

Deadfire
Sun, 12-03-2006, 10:49 PM
hmm, i think it'd be neat to have something different. maybe a scavanger hunt of sorts, where people are given a specific clue, and then they have to go around the forums to look for more clues and collect pieces of a bigger picture, and the person who gets all the pieces together using the clues wins.

or, i dunno, maybe an anime-related crossword. everyone likes crosswords. maybe even a word search without a list, and the person who finds the most correct words by the deadline wins. i tried a contest like that once, and i was obsessed with the thing for two days, but i didn't win because there were so many submissions

Those are interesting ones. willing to expand on them? like how they work and how they run/ran. Like how did a word search without a list work a person just gives a clue to a word they are thinking of and everyone tries to guess it?

That would sort of work as we could have something like name that anime using the screen shot or writen clue...

saman
Mon, 12-04-2006, 09:30 AM
well, the word search contest i did had an our lady peace theme (a canadian band). it was pretty big, and it included lots of words relating to our lady peace, everything from old producers to song names to people in their videos. lots of research. there was no list or hints or anything, and the person who found the most words (that were actually included) on their own won. i don't know how that would work relating to anime; maybe just pick one show that everyone watches as a theme.

as for the scavanger hunt, i was thinking, there would be a few frequent posters on the board picked and links to different clues would be hidden in their old posts. the mods would start off giving one clue about where to find post #1, which would include a link to a page that had one piece of a particular picture divided into pieces, and the clue for where to find post #2. then post #2 would have another link to another piece of the picture and clue #3, and on and on until someone found all the pieces and put them together and submitted it, hence winning the contest. how's that?

erm, if it seems like i've been thinking about this a lot, it's because...i have. o.O

woofcat
Fri, 12-08-2006, 10:11 AM
I like the old post idea, because the hints could be like "garaa vs sasuke" and a mod would find an obscure post about it and edit in the next clue. it would be spiffy.

Spiegel
Fri, 01-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I noticed this thread has been sitting here for a while now. Has there been any diliberation within the mod community as to if we are going to have an upcomming contest. Or has the great Idea we are all looking for not manifested itself yet?

I am just wondering becuase I have been waiting to Compete and enjoy a forum contest.

masamuneehs
Fri, 01-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I noticed this thread has been sitting here for a while now. Has there been any diliberation within the mod community as to if we are going to have an upcomming contest. Or has the great Idea we are all looking for not manifested itself yet?

no and no.

remember deadfire != rest of the mod squad. I stayed clear of this thread for awhile because i've been pretty busy and couldn't do a whole lot towards a big contest. and after i stopped helping out in the Survivor contest, it just sorta died...

but it would be nice to have a contest here. I was really thinking that jadugar's idea from the old survivor contest, people competing to make a frontpage post, would be pretty cool. It could be an anime review or a bio on a gotwoot user or anything. i like this idea because it would require just about zero work on my part:p

The scavenger hunt or anime crossword would be fun too; but that's also quite a bit of work, so unless we get some eager volunteers to facilitate...

and, of course, a sig/photoshop/paint contest is always good too.

master_me
Sat, 01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd be willing to help out with an art contest, or even any of the other ones. It just so happens I have quite a bit of free time for the next month.

Thi3f
Sun, 01-07-2007, 06:55 AM

KitKat
Wed, 02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Sig contests are always fun, and don't take too much organization. Granted, they only encompass a small portion of the forum, but they're the easiest to set up. Maybe I'll get one going sometime soon, since there isn't much else on the horizon.

In terms of a broader contest though, I was thinking that with the return of Naruto to manga storyline and the subsequent flocking of new people to the forum, it would be neat to have a newbies-only contest. So for instance, you'd only be able to participate in the contest if you had less than 50 posts or had been a member for less than 3 months or something like that. I've already sketched out some wicked Naruto-themed knitting patterns that I could make as contest prizes. I think it would be a neat way to involve more new people in the community, without them feeling intimidated by competing against older members.

saman
Wed, 02-21-2007, 09:29 PM
knitting patterns? cool!! maybe there should also be a another contest for non-newbies with the same prizes <_<

Danad_corps
Thu, 02-22-2007, 12:28 AM
i'm very appreciative, yet critical, of art. I'd love to see some of the stuff people can draw though :) Huzzah for art contest!

Spiegel
Mon, 03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I think we should have a short story contest. I have seen we have not really done anything with the whole upcoming contest so I figured I would give another suggestion. Anyone who would want to participate could write a short story involving their favorite anime characters in whatever situation they choose. It would be something different and something I have not seen suggested here yet. Rules of course would be set by the Contest Moderator, such as story length requirements and restrictions, Must have proper grammar, and so forth.

Also, We could make it into another Team Styled contest where teams of 2-4 would turn in one story put together by the team. You could also split it into two different contest threads, Team stories and Individual stories.

Sasori
Mon, 03-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Writing a story on your own is great, but in a team, it has more likelyness to fall apart. I would love to compete in a short story contest as long as I can work alone. All in all, I really like the idea. By the way KitKat, what kind of newbie contests did you have in mind? I still have 21 posts left before I'm out of the newbie spot. :)

Archangel
Mon, 03-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Contest ideas:

- A sig contest where you provide rules that have to be kept while still letting the maker have free will on how he would design the sig. For ex. you would provide us with the anime we would have to base on or the character even ( It would be even cooler if it was a recently deceased yet loved character of some anime ) . You could also just have small rules like the colors it would have to be made in or some other ones so the sig makers had to change they're style even if just a little.

- The same thing, only with wallpapers

- There's always the classic "worst wallpaper" contest that is always fun but the voting should really consist in just all the mods so there's no cheating while voting lol

Any other contest idea would b good cause i like contests but i strongly disagree with any for of contest that doesn't accept all the members like the newbie idea since i think that all should b allowed to join the fun.

NM
Wed, 03-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Also, We could make it into another Team Styled contest where teams of 2-4 would turn in one story put together by the team. You could also split it into two different contest threads, Team stories and Individual stories.

Didn't we do something like this before? Like it was very similar to Terra's own spin-off of the Sound Ninja. Each team had to make their own story using Naruto characters. Only rule I remember is that nobody can make Terra jokes since those are pretty rampant in the forum when he's here.

Archangel
Fri, 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Since summer is coming up how about a good old fashioned sig contest with a summer theme? Looks like some old member are coming back for a while so it would be fun to do this right now so they can join too.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-11-2008, 10:55 PM
What sort of contests have we had in the past? I've only ever heard about sig contests here.

Junior
Sat, 07-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Not another sig contest. D:

Isn't there more options? oooooh, how did the Survivor contest work?

Idealistic
Sat, 07-12-2008, 03:34 PM
How about first person to guess my real first name? Obviously I won't be able to participate.... Unless one of the mods says it's ok... =D

saman
Sat, 07-12-2008, 05:28 PM
i still like my crossword/word search puzzle idea. sig contests are cool too, but when someone with considerable talent and experience participates *coughlucifuscough*, there's not really much competition after all.

Assassin
Sat, 07-12-2008, 06:13 PM
what was your crossword search puzzle idea?

Heres the deal. Use this thread to post possible contest ideas. Just a summary of what you have in mind, what the duration mite be (days, weeks, months?) etc. If the mods (which so far is probably just me) think its worthwhile, we'll let you know and you can PM a detailed description of how it mite work, possible prizes, and anything else you mite consider useful.

Please try to keep things original (i dont wanna see 14 versions of GW:Survivor), and give some thought to your proposal. If you suggest something completely idiotic (for example, a contest to see who's gonna be the resident 'fat kid') just for the sake of posting i'll probably end up temp banning you.

KrayZ33
Sat, 07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
How about an AMV-contest?

I don't know if the "gotwoot" community is big enough to find enough contestants for this... because it might be a lot of work.

I haven't made an AMV myself in my life, so I'm probably suggesting something totally stupid... but I love music and I love anime and on youtube are some really really nice animated and edited AMVs, it would be awesome if someone from gotwoot adds another awesome AMV to the list :P

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
The problem with sig and AMV contests is the barrier it imposes on a lot of the members of the community. Generally, sig contests don't work when half the would-be entrants don't have photoshop (or equivalent). Suddenly, someone who would have participated in some unknown upcoming event has to overcome the hurdle of the amateur learning curve. Instead of, "That might be fun," you get, "I have to learn [program] in order to even try, and a lot of people already know it, I better not bother." It wouldn't be a problem if everyone was on a level playing field and had to start from the beginning, but in cases where the contest is evaluated by peers on a quality basis, those with experience will win out.

AMVs are just that much worse.

The reason GW: Survivor was successful was because the events were so stupid and accessible. Write a Naruto filler episode is something anyone can do, editing images with MS Paint (or Apple/linux alternative), etc.

The key to creating a good event is accessibility. You want everyone to participate, and be capable of participating. Not just those with countless hours of experience under their belts.

Keep that in mind while thinking up events.

saman
Sat, 07-12-2008, 11:28 PM
what was your crossword search puzzle idea?

okay, so maybe i just really like crosswords and word searches. the description that i gave was of a really detailed puzzle, with probably about fifty or so words, and thousands of submissions, but we don't need anything quite so elaborate. or maybe just a little crossword with answers relating to gotwoot, not even anime. i dunno, it's really the only idea i can think of that's not stupid and that everyone can participate in if they want.

Abdula
Sat, 07-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Sounds good and more importantly sounds doable. Making a crossword puzzle doesn't take up any time and determining a winner will be easy enough. I really like this idea, just need to figure out whether the puzzle will be focused on a specific anime or just animes in general. Maybe we could pick a few of the more popular anime and increase the difficulty as things go on and then throw in a few more obscure animes to make things interesting.

Archangel
Mon, 07-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Well if sig contests are difficult to make because of the difference in ability how about we go on the opposite direction and make a "worse sig ever" contest. I've been on one b4 and it was alot of fun :)

Kraco
Mon, 07-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Bah. Xan would just remove the grinning apples and reveal again that ugly yellow whatever in his sig, and he'd win any ugly sig contest automatically.

NM
Mon, 07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Let's try and stay away from sig contests...nothing against them but I do want to see a GW event where everyone can participate in. There must be something we can think of to top GW Survivor guys.

Board of Command
Tue, 07-15-2008, 12:21 AM
A sig contest would be pointless since I win by default.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-15-2008, 03:46 AM
The crossword idea isn't so bad. How about an anime based quiz game, like those found in some quiz websites. Creativity and humour can be the criteria, and I don't think it has a very difficult learning curve.

saman
Tue, 07-15-2008, 09:04 AM
or a "guess that anime/manga" game, where you post a whole bunch of pictures from different anime or manga, and then whoever guesses the most titles right wins

Assassin
Tue, 07-15-2008, 10:03 AM
All perfectly good ideas, but just ideas so far. If someone wants to work it out in detail i'd be happy to lend a hand organizing it. I particularly like the above suggestion. Instead of showing characters, we can show 'parts' of characters, like a uniform, a weapon they mite carry, maybe where they live if its something distinctive. That would make it more challenging.

saman
Tue, 07-15-2008, 02:51 PM
sounds good! let's do it!

...is what i would say if i had the authority to say so. but really, i'd love to organize something like that, as long as one or two of the mods also gave suggestions on what to include. i wasn't around for gotwoot survivor, so i don't know how you guys handle would cheating or comparing answers, or how answer submissions would work

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
maybe a 'guess who' game?
you make a special post with 20/50/100 avatars in it. and you have to name which avatar belongs to which user.
the one who scores the most (recognizes the most avatars) wins.
there should be a time limit, though, or maybe make it real-time through IRC

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Instead of showing characters, we can show 'parts' of characters, like a uniform, a weapon they mite carry, maybe where they live if its something distinctive. That would make it more challenging.
Showing silhouettes of characters would be good too. Just a blackened out character against a background. There should also be a good mix of old and new series from which we pick the characters.

I think we should run with the guessing game suggestion. I don't really like the avatars idea at all, no offense DBZ, and the crossword one seems kinda boring to me.

Kraco
Wed, 07-16-2008, 02:08 AM
Heavily time limited contests would be troublesome because people are from different time zones or in general have different times of the day they can access the forum. So, it would only serve those who happen to be online at that particular moment and have some free time right then.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-16-2008, 02:41 AM
We could have a contest to see who can stay away from the forums longest, or who can stay on longest. You'd have to post every 30 minutes to keep the streak going.

Psyke
Wed, 07-16-2008, 11:44 AM
We should have a photo shoot contest. Name an item, and the best/creative picture featuring the item should win. It can be anything, say a game controller, your mp3 player, anime related cosplay items, etc....

Animeniax
Wed, 07-16-2008, 01:45 PM
That's the best idea I've read and its pretty original too. I'm not sure how many photography aficionados there are here. I've always wanted to be one, but don't have the camera for it yet. I'd participate in this contest though.

Archangel
Wed, 07-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Showing silhouettes of characters would be good too. Just a blackened out character against a background.

It's been done before (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9o5_W6hn9k)

We should have a photo shoot contest. Name an item, and the best/creative picture featuring the item should win. It can be anything, say a game controller, your mp3 player, anime related cosplay items, etc....

Fucking brilliant! Why the hell isn't psyke an mod anyway? PSYKE FOR MOD!!!!

Simple, doable and loads of fun. I'm guessing that even if u don't have a camera most of us have at least access to a camera phone so just about anyone could participate. I'm 100% for this idea.

Psyke
Wed, 07-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Fucking brilliant! Why the hell isn't psyke an mod anyway? PSYKE FOR MOD!!!!

Thanks but I'm definitely not mod material. :)

There should be a set of rules with such a contest, such as whether photoshop editing is allowed, etc. I'm too lazy to think through the details though....

Archangel
Wed, 07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
No photoshop editing or we'd be right back where we started

For what should be photographed the mods should come up with a list of items that everyone has available to them and put them on a poll for the forum members to decide

We'd have full freedom on the choice of the background and everything else except that the said item would have to be present in the photo

Next... we'll i'll keep posting stuff i can't think of i guess

NM
Wed, 07-16-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm all for Psyke's contest. I hope the other mods are in agreement. Psyke's idea is the best one I've heard so far! :)

Assassin
Wed, 07-16-2008, 10:41 PM
its a pretty good idea....im too high/tired rite now, but tomorrow i guess i'll try to work something out and get back to you guys

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Awesome idea. We'll have to decide on whether the item has to simply be in the picture, or that there has to be sufficient focus on the item in question.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Not that I don't love the idea, but weren't photography-based contests ruled out before because not everyone had easy access to a camera? Otherwise I think it'd be a really great way for everyone to have fun and be creative.

Edit: Related to that, and keeping it anime-themed, we could also have a picture contest where the players try and recreate a screenshot from an anime using only what they have. Could be something simple and mundane, or it could be a scene from End of Evangelion. Whatever.

Psyke
Thu, 07-17-2008, 01:36 AM
Re-creating a scene from an anime sounds awesome, though I'm not sure how the results would turn out.... :p

Kraco
Thu, 07-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Not that I don't love the idea, but weren't photography-based contests ruled out before because not everyone had easy access to a camera?

Creating a contest for absolutely everybody would be very hard in any case. However, I don't think it's totally unreasonable to assume people readily possess a digital camera in 2008. What's important, I think, is that taking some shots doesn't require any uber skills in special software like creating half decent AMVs, or such.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Fucking brilliant! Why the hell isn't psyke an mod anyway? PSYKE FOR MOD!!!!Tone it down a bit Arch, Psyke already has a wife :p

Back to Psyke's idea and adding in Xan's contribution, we'd have to be careful about "what they have" when it comes to recreating a scene. I mean, Legos or your particular country's equivalent (Army men, Stickle bricks etc) is fine, but a fair amount of us anime viewers have figurines.

Now I think I'd be very amused seeing Psyke's recreation of the End of Evangelion using Red Super Sentai, but it wouldn't be all that fair for someone who was using crumpled napkins and toothpicks.

Archangel
Thu, 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM
If recreating an anime moment was the objective that we should have the freedom to represent any moment we choose, that way no one will have advantage over the other because they have more figurines, posters, etc. We'd simply post our photo plus a screenshot of the said moment in the anime.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Good idea. It doesn't even have to be judged on how close you come to the original alone, but also how creative you do it. Sometimes toothpicks and napkins can beat the appeal of a bunch of figurines when arranged properly.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Now I think I'd be very amused seeing Psyke's recreation of the End of Evangelion using Red Super Sentai, but it wouldn't be all that fair for someone who was using crumpled napkins and toothpicks.

Good idea. It doesn't even have to be judged on how close you come to the original alone, but also how creative you do it. Sometimes toothpicks and napkins can beat the appeal of a bunch of figurines when arranged properly.
Both the Sentai figure and toothpick suggestions are really what I was envisioning with that suggestion. Creativity would obviously carry a lot of weight.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Fair enough, I give. Just trying to make sure that the idea is fleshed out as much as possible, making sure we would not end up with any sort of aspects weighted in the favor of a smaller cross section of the community. The three of you have convinced me.

Assassin
Fri, 07-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Ok so far we have:

1) Photography contest (currently in the works - if only some of the mods would give me feedback)
2) Re-create an anime scene (most likely the next contest)

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:27 PM
1) Photography contest (currently in the works - if only some of the mods would give me feedback)

i guess you haven't figured it out yet but, we're all a bunch of lazy fucks. The way contests usually happen is, someone says "hey, such-and-such mite be a good contest" (more often then not, that someone isn't a mod). Then the mods just kinda talk about the possibility of having that contest, whether any of us are willing to stop being lazy for a week, and what possible 'prizes' we can give out.....and then about a week later we forget all about it.

So at what stage is the first contest at right now assassin?

Assassin
Sun, 07-20-2008, 02:07 AM
at the stage where we all forget about it apparently

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:27 AM
at the stage where we all forget about it apparently

Don't lose hope yet. We've still got a few things to sort out:

1) items/objects to be used the shot
2) any further requirements for a photo to "pass", such as min size of object, or any themes it has to adhere to. Basically, any other rules regarding image validity.
3) Contest date, submission window, prize.
4) Judging method/ list of Judges (not really necessary)

XanBcoo
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Sorry, only just saw the thread. I've given my input now.

I had assumed that there would be a poll in General Discussion, where Gotwoot could vote for its favorite pictures without knowing the artist.

Archangel
Sun, 07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
2) any further requirements for a photo to "pass", such as min size of object, or any themes it has to adhere to. Basically, any other rules regarding image validity.

1 - We should let the mods decide that one

2 - We should have the liberty to choose anything else besides the said object

3 - As soon as possible, PM Assassin or any other mod with the photo, who cares i'm just doing it for fun

4 - Read above, xan said it perfectly

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:46 PM
So.....are we palming everything to the mods now? :p

Archangel
Sun, 07-20-2008, 07:25 PM
With great power, comes great responsibility

Assassin
Sun, 07-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Don't lose hope yet. We've still got a few things to sort out:

We'll take care of all that....what i need from you guys is a list of possible prizes. Custom titles only go so far, so i'd like to hear from the general public regarding what would be some suitable prizes.

Animeniax
Mon, 07-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Some cool prizes:

mod powers for a limited time
get to see rep poster IDs for yourself for a limited time
gif avatar or sig

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Enlarged sig (I for one want this)
Custom titles (not sure if its a one time thing or if you gain the ability to change it at will, which can be two separate prizes if they are indeed separate)

Archangel
Mon, 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Mod powers seems a bit too ambitious Ani, if Abdula won he'd ban everyone who disagrees with him and that would be the end of gotwoot.

An enlarged sig would be troublesome because if it was too big it would stretch out the page.

I'm for:

- Custom titles
- Animated avatars
- Colored / Bold usernames
- Rep boost

Those are listed in order of importance

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
The enlarged sig is something like what Lucifus has. He won it in the deadfire sig contest a while ago. I'm not sure if you were around then, but it does not seem to be a problem for him even now.

Rep boost is absurd. It defeats the system entirely, and is probably an option only rep failures would choose.

Animated avatars is a great idea if its possible.

I think the username changes are already being used to identify mods and admins. I would not want a colored one though, since it seems like the user is begging for attention.

Animeniax
Mon, 07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Aren't we all kind of begging for attention by posting on these forums?

I want an italicized and bolded username. It demonstrates to newcomers that I am different from the other posters here, which would become evident when they read some more of my posts, but I don't want to wait that long for them to recognize the difference.

@The Archangel: they would be limited in their power and scope, like a ban would only last 12 hours or a day.

Archangel
Mon, 07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
A minimod?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/paulosergio96/minime.jpg

Lucifus
Mon, 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Thats potentially the best post you've ever made.

I'm for the animated Ava's. Always wanted one.

David75
Mon, 07-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Pleas no, no animated avatars, there are a pain in the eye and I'm so happy this place banned this kind of things. But again that's my only opinion.

Bold username is usually seen as Mod/Admin in many places, don't know if it's possible here.
Larger sig? why not, after all, there's room in the template for a larger sig.

Mod powers? nooo :D

being able to know who repped you YEEEEESSSS :D that would be nice after all, this is a weapon of mass felony as of yet ;)

Assassin
Mon, 07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Some cool prizes:

1) mod powers for a limited time
2) get to see rep poster IDs for yourself for a limited time
3) gif avatar or sig

1) hahaha, dream on. people tend act stupid with temporary mod powers.
2) this one is rather interesting, but it would be up to comp.
3) again, need the ok from the viking, but i dont see why not...maybe for a limited time though, so we can use it again for other contests without having multiple people with animated sigs/avas.

An enlarged sig is also good, as well as colored names (though im not sure how many people actually care about that.....maybe we can make it a choice between larger sig or colored name).

Archangel
Mon, 07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
So are you planning to give prizes to the top 5 or something or just the one that wins?

XanBcoo
Mon, 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Just the one that wins.

Don't let that stop you, though. This is supposed to be about having fun, not the payoff.

Archangel
Mon, 07-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Well in that case just go for the custom title, honestly i can't think of anything else i'd like since the animated avatr is only temporal

I don't know how the rest of the forum feels about it ofc, that's just my opinion

XanBcoo
Mon, 07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
OK, Assassin's come up with a running idea for the prize.

Now I just need people to PM me if they're going to be participating. See my thread in GD.

complich8
Tue, 07-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Avatar/sig size increases: we've tested to 125x125 avatars and 125x500 sigs, and both are fine. It's basically 25% larger in every dimension, which doesn't break the layout, and does give you more real estate to work with. Good for the photoshoppers and such, and doesn't do bad things to the forums as a whole.

Animated sig: not gonna happen, those things are evil. Also, enabling that for a single user would be a pain, I think, because it's not a group-specific setting.

Animated avatar and profile pic, on the other hand, is quite doable, and I think is a bit less eye-burningly irritating than animated sigs. I'd allow it. Maybe not in conjunction with the size-boosted avatar/sig combo though.

Seeing rep-givers is doable, but I don't think I like the idea. I'd rather stay clear of that one.

Username markup is admin-set (meaning only me and munsu can apply it, and only the two of us can change it). Giving you a custom username markup would invite lots of annoyance, if you ever got sick of it and wanted to change it, so I don't really want to go there.

As far as mini-mod powers, when I think about any permutation of that that I can come up with, it leaves me with a bad taste about it, so ... probably not.

Lucifus
Tue, 07-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I could never get the 125x125 Avatar thingy to work.
I'd say....we need the okays of the mods for our chosen animation if we roll with it; because quite simply they can be the most annoying things on the web.

I can only imagine what BoC or bagnscapel would grace us with.

Assassin
Wed, 07-23-2008, 12:15 AM
ok so we dont have as many participants as i'd hoped....infact im gonna have to change the original layout of the contest since it doesn't look like we'll have enough people.

Really guys, get off your asses and participate...this is why more contests dont happen, cuz its tough to organize something for like 10 ppl. And honestly, if this is the case then i really dont see another contest happening after this one.

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Almost everyone who's posted in this thread has signed up so far.

Shinta|hikari and Ryllharu, I'm looking at you guys.

Assassin
Wed, 07-23-2008, 12:43 AM
We need 24 people to stick to the original layout....go out and advertise you bastards (in the flame pit only though). call your friends, your neighbors, your sisters stalker ex-boyfriend and his cat if need be.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-23-2008, 12:54 AM
To be honest the prize offered is hardly worth the effort of participation. I'll play anyway since I agreed to.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-23-2008, 05:45 AM
To be honest the prize offered is hardly worth the effort of participation. I'll play anyway since I agreed to.

I don't think most of us are in for the prize more than the event anyway.

I'll going to start advertising via rep. Give before you get, as they say.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Might as well make the contest worthwhile with a nice prize. It will attract more participation than the few it has managed to attract based on how much fun they'd have just competing.

David75
Wed, 07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Well I received neg rep as advertising... but applied anyway.
Let the game begin.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-23-2008, 06:27 AM
I'll going to start advertising via rep. Give before you get, as they say. You neg repped David75 to force him to sign up? That's cold-blooded.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Well I received neg rep as advertising... but applied anyway.
Let the game begin.

You neg repped David75 to force him to sign up? That's cold-blooded.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....someone took advantage and framed me:rolleyes:

I tried repping you David, but I couldn't. Didn't spread enough rep after Banzai!! to rep you again.

Glad you joined though. :)

David75
Wed, 07-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I think I know (but can be wrong) who neged me anyway, and I know it wasn't you Buff.
Oh and I knew someone like Ani would react that way to what I wrote ;)

Let's take pictures.

Months ago, I wanted to create a "Take a pic of your cup noodles cup in any place you want... Eifel tower, bus, school, work..." but never got the courage to go past the idea.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-23-2008, 08:10 AM
A cup of cup-noodles is an interesting idea....and for some reason your worlds reminded me of the guy who does the chicken dance all over the world.

And I shall continue my repping in 24hrs time...

Are some of the mods playing too, or are they all in management?

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Cut the chatter, everyone.

Anyway, we've almost got enough participants to start this thing. Also, no, none of the mods are playing.

Might as well make the contest worthwhile with a nice prize. It will attract more participation than the few it has managed to attract based on how much fun they'd have just competing.
All the regulars who would have played anyway (like you) have already PM'd me. It's not as if the number is that small, just lower than we initially expected.

Also I'm sorry if you don't like the prizes offered. I guess anything short of becoming an honorary mod isn't worth the effort in participating? It's an internet forum. I can't think of many "benefits" beyond the ones already suggested.

Archangel
Wed, 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
i'm sorry but have the prizes been set already?

Assassin
Wed, 07-23-2008, 07:25 PM
pretty much the stuff comp mentioned....increase ava/sig size, animated ava, custom title.

Maybe an honorary mention on the front page, and internet fame? what more do you want

Archangel
Wed, 07-23-2008, 07:27 PM
lol so the first guy gets all that??

Shouldn't we get prizes for the second a third places?

saman
Wed, 07-23-2008, 08:50 PM
i think kitkat should cough up some of those knitting patterns she was talking about a while back. or someone could draw up a picture for the winner. i suppose it doesn't really matter much. i just don't care much for internet fame. i like tangible presents :D

Archangel
Wed, 07-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Well i wouldn't mind drawing something but.

1 - I'm not that good
2 - I want to participate too :D

Assassin
Wed, 07-23-2008, 10:43 PM
lol so the first guy gets all that??

Shouldn't we get prizes for the second a third places?

No the first guy gets one of those....thier choice of what they want. And your prize for second/third/fourth place is bragging rights.

As for tangible presents saman, i'll buy you some timbits the next time you're in town.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-23-2008, 11:14 PM
That sucks that the mods can't play. I think Kraco in particular and Xan at least would want to give it a try.

The prizes are fine I guess. I was maybe expecting too much. I still think it would be a cool prize to be a mod for a week. Not like we'd abuse the power or something. Well, not me anyway.

Any idea how soon this will start? I might order a high-powered camera if there's enough time.

Assassin
Wed, 07-23-2008, 11:30 PM
you wanna order a new camera for a small, internet photo contest on an anime forum?

As for starting, i had originally planned to start next monday, but we're doing some restructuring of the overall contest..umm..structure. so it mite take a few more days, depending on how available/motivated me, xan and comp are.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Wow, way to hype up this contest and get us all excited, Assassin. I'm glad someone with so much enthusiasm is in charge of these contests.

No, the camera would be for an upcoming trip to Vietnam and later Japan, but this contest is the most important reason to spend $1500 on a new DSLR.

saman
Wed, 07-23-2008, 11:50 PM
As for tangible presents saman, i'll buy you some timbits the next time you're in town.

hahaha sweet deal! free timbits!

lol ani. i don't know how fair using a dslr camera would be for the rest of us poor saps who only have a regular ol' camera

David75
Thu, 07-24-2008, 12:05 AM
hahaha sweet deal! free timbits!

lol ani. i don't know how fair using a dslr camera would be for the rest of us poor saps who only have a regular ol' camera

The camera doesn"t make the good picture...

Animeniax
Thu, 07-24-2008, 12:28 AM
No, but a good camera will augment any existing user skills to propel me to number 1.

Archangel
Thu, 07-24-2008, 01:07 AM
No offense, but i'm gonna own your ass to oblivion on this contest Ani !

Those temporary admn powers are as good as mine! Muahahahaha... !

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Can't we add a bit more bait than just one of those prizes mentioned? Like 2 choices for the winner, and 1 choice for the runner up, then bragging rights for the 2nd runner up? It will probably incite a lot more people to join if their chances of gaining something double.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-24-2008, 02:48 AM
I think this is about all we could do with prizes for now. We would have some interesting options to play around with when and if Comp updates to the new vBulletin.

Assassin
Thu, 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
why the hell would you get 2 prizes? it makes no sense considering we only have like 3 options for a prize anyway.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
You must be new to the concept of effort vs payoff. More prizes will attract more participants.

If you have 3 prizes, you could let first place pick 2 of the 3, and second place could pick 1 of the 3. Nothing wrong with two people getting the same prize. I personally would like to see more variety in avatars and sigs, particularly animated avatars.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
As for cameras, I still think I can accomplish a lot more with a 35mm film, mid-range Canon SLR with a 50 or 100mm lens than I can with a digital camera that supposedly emulates most of the functionality (shutter speed, aperature, etc).

I wouldn't be overzealous with the prizes either. Imagine someone taking first and opting for both animated avatar and sig, then going for a Porygon treatment on both...

Assassin
Sat, 07-26-2008, 03:13 PM
multiple prizes is not gonna happen...suck it up.

Archangel
Sat, 07-26-2008, 03:17 PM
The the winner gets to choose 1 of them right?

And if i choose custom title, does that mean that i choose 1 and stick with it or can i change it from time to time?

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Rep whores can change their own whenever they please, but I don't know how it works for the winners (or in some cases, losers) of previous contests. I'm pretty sure they are stuck with the ones they ended up with.

If there was an option, I suppose it would have to be change as often as you want, so it would work the same way an enlarged avatar or signature would.

That presumes of course, that the mods are not doing special things to get around the normal size boundaries. In either case, I would think that it should be the same for all three prizes, whichever way it works.

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-27-2008, 04:32 AM
this thread is a pile of feces, and i'm not going through it to see if there's actually a contest going on or not.

someone PM me when there's actually rules, guidelines, and, you know, organization for this.

oh, and, clearly, i'm in

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-27-2008, 08:42 AM
this thread is a pile of feces, and i'm not going through it to see if there's actually a contest going on or not.

someone PM me when there's actually rules, guidelines, and, you know, organization for this.

oh, and, clearly, i'm in

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=390278#post390278

Contest is on. Xan's just having some problems with his computer, so preparation is just delayed.

Assassin
Sun, 07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Here is the list of participants as of friday july 25th.

BoC
Lucifus
Buffalobiian
Animeniax
Paulyboy
Psyke
Masamuneehs
Sapphire
David75
Death Boo Z
The Archangel
Bagandscalpel
shinta|hikari
lelouch
RedX1z
Spiegel
6Zabuza9
Ryllharu
Jaitne
Saman

Since xan's computer is on the fritz, if you sent him a PM and dont see your name on that list, PM me instead. I'd like to have one more person atleast to make an even 20, so it'll be first come, first serve....unless i manage to get a full 24, and then i can revert to my original structure.

Edit:

Saman mankes 20. unless i get 4 more in the next 3 hours, thats where it'll stay.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-28-2008, 10:46 AM
ok, i'm in though i have no clue what the contest is about ( yeah im lazy like that )

oyabun
Mon, 07-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Woot! I'm in!

Assassin
Mon, 07-28-2008, 06:56 PM
DS, Oyabin, Krazy23 and Kitkat make 24.

stay tuned for more details

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Ah-Ha!! My advertising worked :D:D:D

I have no clue what the contest is about.

See here for details.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=390278#post390278

Sapphire
Tue, 08-05-2008, 05:25 AM
Nevermind - I just read the other thread. D:

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Tue, 08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
can you photoshop your chick?

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Excuse me?

I don't know what you're asking, but if you look at the rules, no Photoshopping is allowed except for resizing and cropping.

Edit: And you're not even in the contest. Seriously, what the fuck?? hahahaha

Archangel
Wed, 08-06-2008, 06:44 AM
When and to whom are we supposed to pm our photos?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-06-2008, 06:56 AM
When and to whom are we supposed to pm our photos?

This is the upcoming contest planning thread. All inquiries about the Photography Contest go here.

GotWoot Photography Contest thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16312)