PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Shippuuden

kaniskii
Sun, 11-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm surprised that I did not see any topics on this, and I dont think it is a spoiler, but I thought that I should post that the fillers have been confirmed to end in Febuary. The series is also getting a new name, i.e. the topic name: Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles.

This is kinda like Dragon Ball (lol another reference) when it was changed to Dragon Ball Z, and most of you, atleast of you read the manga, can figure out the name.

Also, there will be a new card game to be released on Febuary 15, possible date of the series return, which is based on the time jump, a new movie, named Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles, which is also based on the time jump, and a new PS2 game based on the time jump. And looks like some store in Japan have started to sell new merchandise.

Great news, I cant wait :D

Kraco
Sun, 11-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm sure there would have been a topic created, when Hurricane starts in February / March...

kaniskii
Sun, 11-26-2006, 09:26 AM
well, this is news, why should we wait till febuary for it to be known? I just though it would be cool for everyone to know about who might be interested, and to speculate.

I'm interested in why they changed the name.

Kraco
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah. I'm not accusing you of anything. It's just that the time and name is everything known for now. So, it was only posted in the upcoming titles thread, here in this post. (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=317384#post317384)

woofcat
Sun, 11-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Let me be the first to say. This will lead the the Naruto anime being canceled.

RyougaZell
Sun, 11-26-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't think it deserves a thread for itself. After all... its just a name.

I mean... we have individual threads for every episode, not one for all.

Uchessmaster already posted this on the upcoming episodes thread as well.

ChaosK
Sun, 11-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Let me be the first to say. This will lead the the Naruto anime being canceled.

Are you kidding? Most lets say 14 year olds watching don't even know it's a shitfest.

Carnage
Sun, 11-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I personally dont like how they're changing the name. I'm a little excited, but I think they're going to fuck it up by adding alot of filler within the episodes. Most of kishi's chapters are just a bunch of action panels. They cant make 20 min eps out of 2 manga chapters of short action scenes. Either they're going to have to extend the battles or *sigh* kill time explaining simple justus and events that already occurred. This is going to be a bitch and we'll probably get little original manga in each episode. But Im not sure of this, so we'll just have to see. Who knows, maybe it turns out to be a success (not). /Borat joke :p

mage
Sun, 11-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Hurricane Chronicles? That name has nothing to do with anything. Why are they changing the name?

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 04:14 PM
If it's anything like DBZ then they'll have to leave out a lot of connections to the "old" series in order for this thing to be treated as an independent series. That's not good.

Kraco
Sun, 11-26-2006, 04:25 PM
I haven't read the manga, but unless the post time skip Naruto drops the idea of looking for Sasuke, I don't see how they could really sever the connections in practice.

Other than that... How many connections do you need to events over three years old? Whole lot could have happened in three years, and it would be strange if all references always were to ancient events, so in that sense cutting references in general might be prudent.

Unless you mean dropping the old characters and taking a new main cast in. That would indeed be bad. But since it's still Naruto, I don't see that happening.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
With a whole new series, some of the focus on the show might be changed.

- Less empahsis on who characters are, more emphasis on what they are. Itachi, Oro and even Sasuke could just become cookie-cutter villains and the good guys have to go out and beat them.

- Less emphasis on the roots of the story. Naruto will just be the regular hero going on a journey to find a villain who happened to be his friend.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-26-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure why everyone here thinks this is anything other than the continuation of the manga plot. They're just changing the name so it FEELS like a fresh start. Which it kinda is since it's 3 years later.

I think Kani has it right. This is basically just Naruto Z. Series name change for what is essentially just a continuation of the same old manga.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 05:59 PM
See, that's the thing. I watched DBZ without DB and didn't feel anything was missing. DBZ was a series on its own even though it spawned from the original DB storyline. There were almost no references to Red Ribbon in DBZ aside from the android stuff.

Let me say that this is all assuming Naruto will deviate from the manga, which it probably won't like DarthEnder said. I'm just saying that DB to DBZ jump created a whole new storyline, whereas Naruto will just continue the current storyline. Blame the OP for comparing this name change to DBZ.

Kraco
Sun, 11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
DB / DBZ were products of a different studio, which might also lessen the chances of such a thing happening.

RyougaZell
Sun, 11-26-2006, 06:26 PM
They just didn't want to name it "Naruto 2".

Heck... when The first part ended on the manga (this is not a spoiler, it already aired) Kishimoto wrote: "this is the end of the first part".

bxgreatone87
Sun, 11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
It is just a way to split the two parts since they are diffrent and have been confirmed as two parts before. You guys are makeing a big deal out of nothing and are now trying to find something to complain about since we have the show comeing back to the manga. Instead of finding bad things about this just rejoice we are getting the anime back.

Kraco
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
This is called a discussion. Or exchange of opinions and ideas. Generally speaking discussion forums are used for that. We could refrain from that, but the drawback would be that the forum would die.

So, instead of attacking us, you could concentrate on what's going on, and participate in the conversation. So, if you had edited out all but the first sentence of your post, it would have been very appropriate.

[/minimodding]

mage
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
It is just a way to split the two parts since they are diffrent and have been confirmed as two parts before. You guys are makeing a big deal out of nothing and are now trying to find something to complain about since we have the show comeing back to the manga. Instead of finding bad things about this just rejoice we are getting the anime back.
If it's going to be the manga part 2, why would they name it HURRICANE CHRONICLES? It makes no sense!

RyougaZell
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:16 PM
It doesn't have to make sense.

Did the Z or GT on Dragon Ball made sense?

Did the R, S or SuperS made sense on Sailor Moon?

Its just a name after all.

ChaosK
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:20 PM
If it's going to be the manga part 2, why would they name it HURRICANE CHRONICLES? It makes no sense!

Because it's an attempt to make a "new" show so people will forget the shitfest that is currently Naruto. Perhaps a chance to come out with more merchandise as well..."new, Naruto, HURRICANE CHRONICLES action figure!!!" etc.

Either way I think it'll be a continuation of the manga, and if not, well...shit! Then it's reeeeally fucked up then. I don't see where they're going to go.

I always thought GT stood for generation two...

RyougaZell
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:25 PM
GT was Grand Tournament, which in turn doesn't make any sense.

For those who know spanish... we called it OGT... which is a way to say "shit"

And rest assure... IT IS part 2.

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:35 PM
lol at OGT

GT means Grand Tour (i think) wich makes sense i guess...

ChaosK
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:45 PM
GT was Grand Tournament, which in turn doesn't make any sense.

GT means Grand Tour (i think) wich makes sense i guess...

...Mindfuck. Anyway, enough about DB/DBZ/DBGT what I want to hear from those who think Naruto is starting completely anew is where the fuck this might go.

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
nowhere, is only a name change >_>

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:48 PM

Did the R, S or SuperS made sense on Sailor Moon?

Its just a name after all.

And look how those two franchises turn out. No substance, all marketing.

Yukimura
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Indeed Dragon Ball GT was really Dragon Ball: Grand Tour (at least in the US).

Anyway, this I also think thie Hurricane thing is just a name to draw the eye of fans. Having read the manga I can imagine an explanation that fits, and maybe that was part of the intent to convince manga readers that what they remember will be animated in the coming installment. Anyway if it is what we think it is it'll mean ~21 months of filler are finally over and we can go back to whining about Kishi instead of the filler makers.

nests
Sun, 11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Anyone who is a manga reader can only be exited to finally see some of the figths that are going to happend. Having watched all the fillers myself, I can understand why some of the only anime people might be a little sceptical about this

BioAlien
Sun, 11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
i want to see, Naruto Z.

the Z ninja! woo! lol

Mizuchi
Sun, 11-26-2006, 10:21 PM
i want to see naruto to be wished to be a little kid again, and i also want to see him shoot fireballs from his hands and grow a tail.

darkmetal505
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Anyone who is a manga reader can only be exited to finally see some of the figths that are going to happend. Having watched all the fillers myself, I can understand why some of the only anime people might be a little sceptical about this

Definitely. How did someone phrase it once? "When fillers are over, prepare to witness a visual orgasm."

Terracosmo
Mon, 11-27-2006, 01:24 AM
Definitely. How did someone phrase it once? "When fillers are over, prepare to witness a visual orgasm."

Not to claim fame, but that does sound like something I would say!

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-27-2006, 05:40 AM
So, instead of attacking us, you could concentrate on what's going on, and participate in the conversation.He was concentrating on whats going on. That the thread is full of whiney bitches.

Terracosmo
Mon, 11-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Man, Hurricane Chronicles sounds like a fucking Manowar album. See, I can whine too!

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Damn it Terra.... your posts are always great :D

Anyways.... in the end... its just a damn name.Anyone bothered to see the scans at least? They don't "spoil" you since AssrtFailure already posted the post-time skip outfits long ago.

RasenDori
Mon, 11-27-2006, 09:34 AM
changing the name may be a marketing ploy, but its something that happens to a lot of anime. db and dbz aside there was also yugioh and yugioh duel monsters (note how i choose to ignore dbgt and ygx). a lot of anime go through name changes when theres a significant change. i think it to let viewers cope with the change and break associations with the previous title. that way we can say "dragonball was so funny. dbz rocked (every who claims to hate it knows they loved it and need to stop frontin) and dbgt was crap" now we can say "man... naruto went downhill after sasuke left, but nhc is pretty good"

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 11-27-2006, 09:38 AM
In all honesty, I think the reason for the name change is to differentiate it from the fillers. The whole marketing machine behind naruto seems to have been hibernating during the year and half filler arc.

Seriously, when was the last time you saw any original japanese naruto merchandise? There haven't been any statues, trading cards, or video games featuring any of the filler characters.

Now that things are starting up again I'm guessing that slumbering beast is beginning to awaken. I mean in most recent shonen jump where they annouced it in the first place they had new key chains, a videogame, and new card game to coincide with the launch of the new time-jump series.

UChessmaster
Mon, 11-27-2006, 12:11 PM
not really... during the filler seasons there has been 2 naruto videogames on ps2 alone, im sure there are more on other consoles as well...

AceAlpha
Mon, 11-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Well I hope the best of it, great anime like the real storyline tells. Naruto's episodes 1-125 where unbeatable and I don't really care about the name, but just end the fillers! :p

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
not really... during the filler seasons there has been 2 naruto videogames on ps2 alone, im sure there are more on other consoles as well...

and has any of those games included filler characters? nop. only canon characters (and in the most extreme situation a "new" character not shown on the fillers... like Narutimate Hero for PSP)

UChessmaster
Mon, 11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
i know, i`m just trying to point out that there has been profit even during filler season.

XanBcoo
Mon, 11-27-2006, 07:47 PM
And look how those two franchises turn out. No substance, all marketing.
BOC, the Dragonball Z anime was based on preexisting manga material. Akira Toriyama (and NOT the studio) decided to change the name for some reason to make it seem like a different series. That was the whole point. He ended part one (Dragonball) and created a new story for part 2 (Dragonball Z). The anime version didn't change anything.

Well, not too much during the first season, at least. My point is that you are likening Naruto/NarutoHC to DragonballZ/DragonballGT. GT was all filler, all original material created by the studio. It does not apply, since the Naruto HC anime has manga material to work off of.

There is nothing about the relationship of Dragonball and Dragonball Z to indicate that Naruto HC will be any different from its manga counterpart.

Also, @Kraco: Discussing something isn't the same as whining and needlessly complicating things. bxgreatone87 is right, we are all capable of discussing the name change without finding things to complain about.

On topic: I've only read a small portion of the manga after the time jump, but from what I've read, I can't think how "Hurricane Chronicles" will be at all relevant to the Naruto world. Perhaps we're wrong in assuming Hurricane Chronicles is the same as Part 2 of the manga. Maybe the fillers will indeed end in February, the Naruto anime will continue to follow the manga, and Naruto HC is just a spinoff series of some sort.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-27-2006, 08:20 PM
XanBcoo:
Dunno about the name (or maybe I do), but If you check the scans that show episode 221 (yes, 221 will be Naruto HC) and then compare it to Assrtn's old thread (post-time skip outfits) you can safely assume it is not a spinoff.

Damn... i should stop posting here... I think Im almost crossing the line on the rules...

bxgreatone87
Mon, 11-27-2006, 10:14 PM
XanBcoo:
Dunno about the name (or maybe I do), but If you check the scans that show episode 221 (yes, 221 will be Naruto HC) and then compare it to Assrtn's old thread (post-time skip outfits) you can safely assume it is not a spinoff.

Damn... i should stop posting here... I think Im almost crossing the line on the rules...

Ya i know what you mean with this thread, it makes a fine line between spoilers and just putting your 2cents in. I think they are just trying to start over in a sense and have everyone forget about the fillers by changeing the name to the second part of the series. Which to me is a great idea it gives it that feeling of starting on a new anime on it's own even thought it is following the same manga lol.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 11-27-2006, 11:05 PM
In all honesty what I'm hoping is that the name change was done in collaboration with kishi in concurrence with future developments in the manga.

I'm sorry to mention the dreaded M word, but manga readers should have a good idea as to how the whole Hurricane thing is relevant towards what's going on in the manga and how it can potentially influence future story arcs. I'm excited, probably the most excited I've been about naruto in a good long while.

Don't see what some of you are stressing about, name change doesn't mean that the series is changing drastically.

nests
Tue, 11-28-2006, 03:20 AM
Hurricane Chronicles does sound a bit cheesey but the Japanese name (Shippuu-den) also sounds kinda of wierd. I dont care as long as I get to see everything I've been reading for the past two years animated.
Someone should post the screenshots from the manga of course that is only if the mods allow it.

kimbap629
Tue, 11-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hurricane Chronicles/Shippu-den does make it seem fake. I mean there's something about Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT that sounds so fitting.

I dunno how else to put it.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Naruto HC .

bagandscalpel
Tue, 11-28-2006, 01:47 PM
HC

MOAR LIEK "HUEG COCK" AMIRITE?

AceAlpha
Tue, 11-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Hurricane Chronicles does sound a bit cheesey but the Japanese name (Shippuu-den) also sounds kinda of wierd. I dont care as long as I get to see everything I've been reading for the past two years animated.
Someone should post the screenshots from the manga of course that is only if the mods allow it.

Why would you wanna post manga in a non spoiler forum and what does it have to do with this thread about hurricane chronicles?

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Why would you wanna post manga in a non spoiler forum and what does it have to do with this thread about hurricane chronicles?

nests wasn't referring about the actual manga, but the scans that started this thread.

this weeks manga chapter published the announcement of Naruto HC, along with several screenshots of episode 221 of the anime

AceAlpha
Thu, 11-30-2006, 09:30 AM
nests wasn't referring about the actual manga, but the scans that started this thread.

this weeks manga chapter published the announcement of Naruto HC, along with several screenshots of episode 221 of the anime

Oh ok then it's fine :p

tehlegend
Sun, 12-03-2006, 11:09 PM
On topic: I've only read a small portion of the manga after the time jump, but from what I've read, I can't think how "Hurricane Chronicles" will be at all relevant to the Naruto world. Perhaps we're wrong in assuming Hurricane Chronicles is the same as Part 2 of the manga. Maybe the fillers will indeed end in February, the Naruto anime will continue to follow the manga, and Naruto HC is just a spinoff series of some sort.

and us people that didnt ignore the manga are now laughing at you and your like minded brethren... naruto hurricane chronicles is named such in preparation for future events. i will not spoil it for you, but i am giving you an excuse to stop hypothesizing about something kishimoto already has planned and revealed.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Yes yes, we get it, there's gonna be a hurricane or somekinda hurricane-like power. Nobody gives a shit.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 12-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I've read the manga and I don't get the relevance of the name..

Assassin
Mon, 12-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Im going to end all this stupid guessing rite now and tell you why its named Hurrican Chronicles before someone spoils it.

Nartuo practices with kiraya and perfects a technique....can you guess which technique?

Thats right....THE FART!

Now he farts so hard that it literally hurts people. The wind blows out of his ass at nearly 200 km/h, hence the name.

Also, kiba and akamaru choke to death the first time he performs this technique. Sorry to all the dog lovers out there.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Nartuo practices with kiraya and perfects a technique....can you guess which technique?

It makes sense. Kariya is a wind user after all.

Wonder how he got from Soul Society to the Hidden Villages though.

That bounto is full of surprises.

Assassin
Mon, 12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I meant jiraya....

its intresting though that i typo'd the name of a person who just happens to be a wind user in another anime who i knew nothing about. What are the odds of that happening.

Take that statistical imporbability!

SilentSnake
Wed, 12-06-2006, 09:08 AM
MOAR LIEK "HUEG COCK" AMIRITE?

HC stands for "HardCore" :>

mystary revealed !!!

Munsu
Tue, 12-12-2006, 12:01 AM
There's probably a better way to translate Shippuuden... don't know how though. I usually relate "-den" to legend, and "shippuu" can mean anything from a strong wind, squall, gale, hurricane... I'm sure that some combination can be done that will make the title sound better. And in time, once the story progresses a more accurate translation should emerge relative to the plot of the series. But who knows, maybe Hurricane Chronicles is as accurate as it's going to get... I read the manga and I have no clue on what an appropiate title would be, at least not yet.

So, I'm going to take the liberty of changing the thread title to Shippuuden until an actual official translation is given, unless it's official already.

BioAlien
Tue, 12-12-2006, 05:02 AM
Im going to end all this stupid guessing rite now and tell you why its named Hurrican Chronicles before someone spoils it.

Thats right....THE FART!

Now he farts so hard that it literally hurts people. The wind blows out of his ass at nearly 200 km/h, hence the name.

Also, kiba and akamaru choke to death the first time he performs this technique. Sorry to all the dog lovers out there.

that gonna be interesting to watch :p (too bad it is not true.)

masamuneehs
Tue, 12-12-2006, 01:15 PM
been sorta wondering what this topic was about. i assumed it was another Naruto video game thread, just gave me that impression, so i never looked inside.

a name change? well, i really don't care either way. the important thing is for it to get back to the story and stop sucking.

small lol @assassin

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Naruto Shippu... Naruto Non-filler Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGxR8EszpM

Kraco
Mon, 01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Well, it was a bit... short. I hoped there would have been some actual material, but it was pretty much an ad, or something. Well, one month isn't that much in the end after all the time we have waited, so soon enough more material should be available the natural way.

BioAlien
Mon, 01-08-2007, 05:25 PM
ooooooh.

did they kept the same voice actors?

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Dunno about the voice actors. The sound card of my pc at work is not enabled. And I don't haven't seen that info online either.

UChessmaster
Mon, 01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
same voices, naruto sounds deeper

DayoftheDante
Mon, 01-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Doesn't sound deeper to me, but he does sound serious. No more childish enthusiasm, he sounds all business now.

Kraco
Tue, 01-09-2007, 04:23 AM
That will be a shocking change from the fillers that witnessed Naruto's IQ dropping by 50% or so. Maybe the name change indeed was completely necessary.

Munsu
Tue, 01-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Commercial released by Shinsen-Subs:
http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_-_CM_%5BD01B4DB3%5D.avi.torrent

Beware of possible spoilers

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Sooo they gonna make a movie about it also in the summer? First time i have hurd about that. Pretty awesome when you think about it since the other movies where crap. If it ties into the story i can't wait.

BioAlien
Tue, 01-09-2007, 09:17 PM
wait... in theater?!

what the hell? isn't naruto:shippuuden supose to be coming out like, next month? and on TV? then why do they say " In theater Summer 2007 ".
did they lied and going to make this into a movie? :confused:

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-09-2007, 11:04 PM
*sigh*

Ever since we got the first scan of Naruto Shippuden (whatever you spell it) they said that we were getting Part 2 soon (february), a new Narutimate game for ps2 (april) and a movie with part 2 characters (summer).

kimbap629
Tue, 01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
wait... in theater?!

what the hell? isn't naruto:shippuuden supose to be coming out like, next month? and on TV? then why do they say " In theater Summer 2007 ".
did they lied and going to make this into a movie? :confused:

if naruto animators can give us weekly dosages of all the poop we've been seeing for the past nearly 2 years (i.e. fillers), then i'm sure they are capable of producing a high quality animated naruto movie with part 2 charactres in about a month...

anyway, the important thing is:

a. we're finally without a doubt have a date set for part ii

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 01-10-2007, 01:00 AM
@ the person who gave me a neg rep saying "there is nothing about movies"

Watch the video again is says "in theaters summer 2007", which mean a movie. watch it before you say something please. thankyou very much.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-10-2007, 01:05 AM
GET BACK ON TOPIC

-love,
masa

Super5
Mon, 01-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I liked the previews... at least it gives us something to look forward to. True, they were short, but the animation of the older Sasuke was pretty sweet. It sucks that everyone state-side will have to wait so long for the movie, though... I would guess we won't see a subbed version until mid-2008 at the earliest. I'm still waiting for movie 3!!

kimbap629
Sun, 02-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I didn't know where else to ask so I thought this would be the next best place.

Anyway, is GotWoot Forums going to have a section for Naruto Shippuden? I was just wondering because as you guys all know, it starts this coming Thursday with the 1 hour special.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to ask.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Don't count on it.

Deadfire
Sun, 02-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Don't count on it.

Indeed, there is no reason for it

kaniskii
Sun, 02-11-2007, 10:23 PM
agreed, the story will continue where it left off, and it will be like the fillers never happened, no need to have two different fourms for it.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 02-12-2007, 06:36 AM
At most they'll change the name into Naruto(shippuuden) or something.. but the title as it is now is clear enough..

I can't wait to become a viewer of this series again.. I stopped after the scent bug arc and after that I kind of lost touch with the series.. but I miss the times that I was hoping that the week would pass by sooner so that I could get my fix..
I just hope that we can get at least 2 years without having to worry about filler arcs....(dunno how far the manga is..but it should be possible..)

Winged Dancer
Mon, 02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
In relation to the "In Theather" things....

I checked the trailer in the original Japanese and there's no doubt that they used "劇場版", which usually means "Playing at theathers". I searched for more possible meanings, such as just "Playing" but found noone...

I don't know what that means. There's no doubt the Naruto Shippuuden starts this week (thanks the Gods), but maybe they're also releasing a movie? I'm not sure, but I've read that the series has lost a lot of momentum in Japan because of the crappy fillers, so a movie doesn't sound that far off. Perhaps we'll find out more this week, once Shippuuden starts.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 02-13-2007, 12:14 AM
And what exactly is the difference between crappy fillers and another Naruto movie?

Kraco
Tue, 02-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Production values? I actually liked the first movie, somewhat. The second was pretty miserable, aside from the sand ninjas, but surely it had better animation than an average filler arc. No idea about the third movie, but from what info has been available its plot surely seems less than stellar. I wonder if they could do any better with a fourth movie... Unless it boasts already the post time jump characters.

Narasho
Tue, 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Production values? I actually liked the first movie, somewhat. The second was pretty miserable, aside from the sand ninjas, but surely it had better animation than an average filler arc. No idea about the third movie, but from what info has been available its plot surely seems less than stellar. I wonder if they could do any better with a fourth movie... Unless it boasts already the post time jump characters.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how good the quality of animation is, or how interesting the plot is, if they don't follow the manga, (which a movie almost certainly would not) it's not worth watching. High quality filler is still trash, and the same applies to Naruto movies. (and dare I say anime movies in general?)

Vegechan
Tue, 02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how good the quality of animation is, or how interesting the plot is, if they don't follow the manga, (which a movie almost certainly would not) it's not worth watching. High quality filler is still trash, and the same applies to Naruto movies. (and dare I say anime movies in general?)

Says the person with a Full Metal Alchemist Avatar in which the entire half of the anime and movie are not manga based in the least.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM
A Naruto movie has been coming out every summer or so, right? Is the one with the theme-park animals already out? If it is, then the next one has to be post-time jump.

Also, this is only something I heard, but I think that one of the early arcs of One Piece is being remade into a movie or something? I think I read it at some piece of advertisement that came with a Shounen Jump, but I didn't pay much attention to it...

My point is, if a One Piece anime arc is being remade into a movie, perhaps the start of Naruto Shippuuden will be made into a movie too, or an OVA a-la Jump Festa.

Edit: I just watched episode 220. I figured, you know, it's the last filler and all, I should give it a shot....
What a load of fail. Bad story, bad new characters (that Matsuri kid? REALLY imaginative character design there!) and god-awful animation. I really hope that last one is corrected for Shippuuden, or at least for the start chapter - they really have to shine, there.

Actually, maybe the animation sucked in that one because they've moved all the good animators to Shippuuden. Yeah, I'll keep thinking that...

Narasho
Tue, 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Says the person with a Full Metal Alchemist Avatar in which the entire half of the anime and movie are not manga based in the least.

Pretty ironic, huh? It would be hypocritical only if I said that FMA was my favorite anime though, which it's not. I just happened to have a picture of Ed sitting around and decided to use it as my avatar.

Your point is well taken, however.

illfated
Wed, 02-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Finally! Sheesh..:mad:

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-14-2007, 06:33 PM
that Matsuri kid? REALLY imaginative character design there!

Isn`t matsuri a manga based char?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Not that I can remember. If it is, I'd appreciatte if someone told me here - instead of neg-repping me, thankyouverymuch.

And anyway, it's still unoriginal. I've seen tons of characters named Matsuri, both males and females,and the design, manga or anime based, is pretty lacking, at least for me.

mage
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Pretty sure Matsuri is not a manga character.

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Matsuri is not a manga character.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Naruto Shippuuden 1-2 RAW is out. But I will NOT get a link for everyone. If you are so lazy that you can't even find it, then you don't deserve it!!!

RasenDori
Thu, 02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
matsuri is a manga character... kinda... in a way... not really... well... she has two panels... ok maybe not

darkshadow
Thu, 02-15-2007, 03:06 PM
i just finished watching the raw, and it was awesome :P
Great art, great animation, great music.
That's all i can say.

Sparhawk
Mon, 02-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Maybe the name is kind of reference to narutos name? I mean Naruto got his name from the whirlpool in Japan, hence the whirlpool marks on his clother and everywhere. Not really the same thing but close enough for me :p
So it's more like Naruto Chronicles.