PDA

View Full Version : Decent/Good Filler List

Uberbaka
Sat, 11-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Kinda stopped watching naruto a month ago or so due to the lovely fillers...

Just thinking we could make a list of which fillers are remotely watchable so one knows which one to suggest people watch and just skip the rest.

Seem to recall the Anko arc was pretty good at times. (can't remember episode number)

Darth Arrow
Sat, 11-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Anko arc is eps 169-173 and I too think that has been the only interesting filler arc so far. Then again I've only watched as far as AonE has subbed (currently ep 196)...

Kraco
Sat, 11-25-2006, 10:21 AM
I guess the Kurenai arc wasn't so horrible, either. At least it contained a little genuine innovation with the illusionary arts.

RyougaZell
Sat, 11-25-2006, 11:18 AM
I kinda liked the episode where two idiots dress up as Gai and Lee and the Kunoichi tortures them.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-25-2006, 12:09 PM
The best filler arc was easily the Nano/Greenery Country arc. It kinda falls apart in the last 5 minutes of the arc, but it's easily got the best fights out of any of the fillers. The badguys powers actually qualified as "good".

Mizuchi
Sat, 11-25-2006, 12:38 PM
I like the one where naruto rasenganed the noodles.

tehlegend
Sat, 11-25-2006, 01:20 PM
the story to that episode was bad, the only part i liked abou the noodles was the very end when they were actually MAKING them... everything before kinda sucked, but the last few minutes was enough to redeem it...

darkmetal505
Sat, 11-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Plenty of the fillers had a good beginning. It was the ending bad guy/animation that killed them.

FrogKing
Sat, 11-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Isn't 'good filler' an oxymoron when it comes to Naruto? I stopped after the Tony-the-Tiger arc...actually, i think it was 1 episode into the Curry-of-Life arc. I'll be interested to see what people deem 'decent/good' in terms of filler.

Kraco
Sat, 11-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Aye. For my own part I was speaking in relative terms. If you compare them to the real episodes, then there is no such thing as a good filler. But amongst the filler themselves, you can certainly place them in some sort of an order in terms of relative quality.

Animeniax
Sun, 11-26-2006, 02:16 AM
I didn't like the Zabuza arc much in the real storyline, and enjoyed some of the filler arcs more than that arc. But, everyone has their opinion.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Yes, but it's amazing how you can keep having a wrong opinion. That shouldn't even be possible, yet you pull it off somehow.

Fillers better than Zabuza....

Kraco
Sun, 11-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Yeah. The Zabuza arc was quite amazing and I like it a lot. If you think about it objectively in retrospect, it's no doubt melodramatic, yet when you watch it, it all clicks and works really well. It was indeed when I watched it for the first time a long time ago that I thought and realised, with pleasure, that the manga and anime creators aren't nearly as afraid to implement good old fairy tale elements in their stories as Westerns authors. When I watched more anime after that, I came to this same conclusion time after time, but that was the first time.

AceAlpha
Mon, 11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Well ep.101 I want to see Kakashi-Sensei's real face! was great :p

I guess everything after Saskuke left is filler, but I'm not sure since I dont read the manga

Super5
Sat, 12-02-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't know if there's such a thing as "good" filler, but there are filler that "don't bend you over quite as far"

The two fillers before ep 135 are passable (Kakashi's face and the Tea Country arc). Kakashi's face was actually based on a short strip that Kishimoto drew. The Anko and Kurenai arcs were both ok - Anko because she's badass and you get to see Oro and Sasuke briefly, Kurenai because there was decent use of genjutsu which you almost never get to see in the actual storyline. Both of their endings were screwed up as usual, which seems to be the norm for post-Sasuke chase filler. The nano country arc was good because the villians were actually powerful and believable, but the ending was also botched. The fake Lee and Gai one-shot was funny, so watch it if you go for that sort of stuff. The Konoha 11 (where a mysterious trap-user tries to destroy Konoha) was also ok, and the ending was decent. The arc where Naruto and Jiraiya try to sneak into Oro's lair was decent too.

In general, the closer the filler is to ep 135, the better it is. Filler seriously went downhill as time went on and the writers ran out of ideas. Of course, the curry of life/raiga arc was one of the worst, and it starts on ep. 152, so go figure.

DDBen
Sun, 12-03-2006, 01:07 AM
I can't recommend any of the filler without feeling just dirty by doing so. None of them were good all the way threw. Although if you watch whatever episode it was with Fat Elvis and golden showers you may be forced to burn your computer and gouge out your eye's.

fleshlumpeater
Sun, 12-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Couldnt disagree more DDBen, i looked into this thread specifically to recommend that episode only to find you slagging it off lol. made a welcome change from the standard pointless stuff i thought... yeah it's about as poinless an episode as possible but imo it's naruto humour at its absolute finest. was the first time naruto has made me laugh in a long time... sheer slapstick, love it (episode 192 btw) compared to the other filler i highly recommend it.

Genma
Tue, 12-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, the fat elvis / golden shower episode was my favorite filler episode. I guess that's just because Americans enjoy random, stupid, straight-to-the-point humor, unlike the "quality" (*coughcough*) that other countries enjoy.

DayoftheDante
Tue, 12-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I laughed hard when Naruto accidentally threw two buckets of butt hershey at the Gai/Lee impersonators. In slow motion.

fleshlumpeater
Wed, 12-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah, the fat elvis / golden shower episode was my favorite filler episode. I guess that's just because Americans enjoy random, stupid, straight-to-the-point humor, unlike the "quality" (*coughcough*) that other countries enjoy.

lol im english and i still totally loved it

and yeah, the poo thing was quality. anything with lee and gai in it makes me laugh my head off without fail.

Terracosmo
Wed, 12-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Laughing Shino is obviously the best filler. The most enjoyable ones are the one-shot nonsense episodes. All attempts at a serious plot have sucked although with minor good parts thrown in between.

No wait, what am I saying, DON'T WATCH FILLERS OR YOUR CHILDREN WILL RECEIVE DEADLY SEX-RELATED DISEASES WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING SEX! HORROR!

Assertn
Wed, 12-06-2006, 11:17 PM
I'd have to say naruto farting on an insect would be by far the best

fleshlumpeater
Thu, 12-07-2006, 05:27 AM
Those two were both amazing. See, filler can be a good thing. JUST NOT SO BLOODY MUCH OF IT!

samsonlonghair
Sat, 12-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Jeez, I stopped watching early on in the fillers. I think it was about two episodes into the Tea country arc that I decided to stop untill the anime returned to the main story line. Now that we're almost there, do you think that watching the fller episodes in rapid succession would be less painful than waiting for a new one every week?

Kraco
Sat, 12-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Well, you know, in all the good stories the villains tell the heroes (or vice versa) that if they reveal whatever information they are withholding, they will die fast and painlessly. But if they don't reveal the piece of data, they will face long suffering before being granted death.

So, I guess it would be less painful to watch them rapidly.

Super5
Sun, 12-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Well, you know, in all the good stories the villains tell the heroes (or vice versa) that if they reveal whatever information they are withholding, they will die fast and painlessly. But if they don't reveal the piece of data, they will face long suffering before being granted death.

So, I guess it would be less painful to watch them rapidly.
So fast-forwarding through them will be even less painful. Trust me, you won't miss any plot points - if there were any ;)

Necromas
Sun, 12-10-2006, 11:16 AM
There's some good things in the fillers, but too much crap surrounding them.

Hinata invented a new jutsu, and did a sexy waterfall dance, but looks totally stupid when using it, and the arc ended with a rasengan and a fart joke.

The Raiga arc had some good parts to the fights, especially with Lee, and even some Tenten, but there was so much lameness to the main bad guy and the curry theme was overdone when it could have been funnier. Also that grannies kid was such an annoying character. Oh, and they made Neji look like a pansy.

The Anko arc was probably the best, there weren't a lot of outstanding flaws in it like the other ones.

MY GOD I AM SICK OF THE ANIMATION GLITCHES!