PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Lucifus
Fri, 11-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Eh, Got Wooters, its that time of the year again for poor folks like myself. Any of you waking up early to go out and get some cheap electronics like I am?:rolleyes:

1 Gb Sandisk Thumb Drive - 7 Bucks
60/pack 4.7 gb Lightscribe DVD discs - 3 Bucks(I'ma buy like ten of these)
32" HDTV LCD flat screen - 500 Bucks
Western Digital® 400GB My Book™ external hard drive - 100 Bucks
Maxtor 200GB 7200 RPM internal hard drive - 20 Bucks
Staples® black leather manager’s chair - 40 Bucks

$670 (after rebates) but still.:cool: Can't wait to see that beautiful 32" setting in front of me.:D

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-24-2006, 03:01 AM
fuck you all. i have to work tomorrow... (today) and thus have to leave home, end my vacation early, n order to get back there and do my job.

fucking retail. buy the Sony Alpha, best digital SLR out there, period.

Kraco
Fri, 11-24-2006, 04:22 AM
I wish it had been Black Friday the shopkeepers are trying to import from the USA and not Halloween... But that's a vain hope. Lowering prices is an alien concept to shop owners over here.

I hope you guys will make good discoveries (based on Lucifus's examples that's not hard...)

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-24-2006, 04:38 AM
I thought this thread was in the memory of some historical friday of terror and sadness which I hadn't heard of before. "Beware the black friday!". Now I'm confused.

KoKo37
Fri, 11-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Black Friday (shopping), the day after Thanksgiving Day in the United States, the first shopping day of the Christmas season and one of the busiest shopping days of the year
Taken off of the Black Friday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday) article on Wikipedia.

I've heard of 'Black Friday' before, but I never even knew there was a sale in the U.S. called that until today. Not that it really matters to me though, since I'm from Canada.

Zinobi
Fri, 11-24-2006, 05:34 AM
I thought this thread was in the memory of some historical friday of terror and sadness which I hadn't heard of before. "Beware the black friday!". Now I'm confused.

LMAO not that i expected to you to know, i didnt even know until today. Ive heard of it but never really paid attention. Im not planning on shopping anyway. the current money i have is going toward things already.

Lucifus
Fri, 11-24-2006, 10:12 AM
What....does that mean I'm the only poor wooter here!? Snap.:(
Lucifus goes to torture his rabbit and drown his sorrows.

Rofl, that cuts Lucifus's sorrows in half.

Knives122
Fri, 11-24-2006, 10:15 AM
I bet that Kramer guy is having a breakdown now that he's living in "Black Friday"

Mae
Fri, 11-24-2006, 10:59 AM
My aunt and my cousin are both getting up early to line up for the special day-after-thanksgiving bargains. I went once to some of these for Christmas shopping, and things were CRAZY (bad parking, long lines, people everywhere), and I just can't start the Christmas season until December, I just can't, even though I know that our area all-Christmas-music radio station started up yesterday. I slept in today and am wasting my morning screwing around on the internet :cool:

iLoveHotCoCo
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I actually just got finished shopping.. Its always lots of fun to go.. Got lots of good stuff..
Every year my cousins, friends, and I make up a plan to where each person is going and what they're going to pick up and we head out in groups of 3 to different stores when everyones done with their Thanksgiving..
My cousin says that shopping is like war, it requires stratgety in order to beat your opponent [aka everyone else in the store].. Well I'll tell ya that on black friday it certainly looks like a war zone, but it's still fun anyways..
wow I feel such a loser.. Correction a loser with no money.. =p

Aeon
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm glad some people have fun on this day, like masa I don't get to shop instead I have to leave for work in the next 10min to work 10hrs explaining to people that they can't get rain checks on Black Friday and that it's not my fault that they thought they could show up at 1pm when we open at 4am and expect the cheapest things to still be there.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Even on "black friday", shopping online is a better bet. Better deals, better prices, and less stress.

Calling this day "black friday" is stupid. "Black Friday" denotes a day of death or tragedy. Unless lots of people get killed shopping, it's inappropriate and disrespectful to those who have died on an actual "Black Friday".

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Calling this day "black friday" is stupid. "Black Friday" denotes a day of death or tragedy. Unless lots of people get killed shopping, it's inappropriate and disrespectful to those who have died on an actual "Black Friday".

the name comes from the fact that most businesses go "into the black" starting today as the holiday shopping spree begins in earnest and the company begins to turn a profit.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-24-2006, 03:19 PM
the name comes from the fact that most businesses go "into the black" starting today as the holiday shopping spree begins in earnest and the company begins to turn a profit.
Sou da ne? Thanks for the interesting factoid (honto).

Still, overusing the term takes away from the true or widely-accepted meaning of the phrase. The "Black Friday" we honor where I'm at is when several people got killed in April 2004 in the service of freedom (and the almighty dollar).