PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 104 Discussion

Zati
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:28 AM
More Bleach!

Episode 104 - DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b104.torrent)

Yukimura
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Guess i'll post in this one since it was first by 1 minute. The fight was fairly uninteresting, but at least they hinted at how Hitsugaya's bankai works.

This arc doesn't look like it has more than 2-3 eps left, unless Kariya can pull something else out of his ass. I wonder where they'll go from there.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:19 AM
Good episode. Thought the fight would be longer than it was though. I mean, the girl took two episodes to defeat and this guy was supposedly stronger.

I thought it was interesting that his dolls "core" took the form of a weapon. Makes the dolls seem even more like Zanpaktous.

Kraco
Thu, 11-23-2006, 09:12 AM
It's true the headphones should have been stronger than the sword girl, but this actually made sense, because the girl was fighting against a Quincy who had lost his powers and regained only a fraction, while headphones was fighting against a captain. I think it made sense he lost as quickly as he did.

Well, it wasn't a bad episode. During the fist half I thought Hitsugaya and Matsumoto were doing pretty lousy work with the hunt, considering they should have been able to move a lot faster than the headphones but still always seemed to be so late, but it was a minor annoyance, and the fight itself was pretty good when it started.

Mizuchi
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:25 PM
The animation in the beginning of the ep was terrible, but it got better later on. Although Hitsugaya is pretty cruel, seeing how headphones kept all of his subordinates alive and wanted to stop Kariya too... Hitsugaya should've asked that last question before he killed headphones =/

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I guess you could say Hitsugaya is...COLD blooded!

AHhahahahahHAHahahahahahahahahHWAHhahahaha- opps, I pooed myself a little.

Sandldan
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Hitsugaya should've asked that last question before he killed headphones =/

See it on the bright side, another bounto bites the dust!
1 more to go

Animeniax
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Decent episode. Hitsugaya's zanpaketou's abilities paired up well with headphones and his doll, and froze that chick solid. Besides Kira's Wabisuke, I think Hyourinmaru had the best chance to "ice" Daruka. I'm glad she's dead if for nothing else than never having to hear her say "boy" again. Finally a shinigami attacks the Bount instead of the doll, even if it didn't turn out well.
Animation was pretty crappy throughout, and Hitsugaya looked a little weird with his shorter haircut. Animation for the next episode looked pretty bad too.

One more Bount down, and one more incredibly annoying doll destroyed. I was wondering when headphones would actually put those earmuffs to use, considering how cold it was with Hyourinmaru flying around.

Kraco
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Although Hitsugaya is pretty cruel, seeing how headphones kept all of his subordinates alive and wanted to stop Kariya too...

I don't know if he actually was cruel as such. He was normal. When you fight a tough axe wielding guy with a sword, you better be ready to deal fatal blows unless you want to receive one yourself. I'm always happy when I see fights that are realistic in that respect (although of course there was little realism as such in that fight). Headphones just doesn't enjoy or want to kill young weaklings; and weaklings those bulk shinigami indeed seem to be; I would probably fight better with my katana than those dudes...

dragonrage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:25 PM
I just caught up on Bleach, and the fight between the old bounto and creepy captain was awsome, putting aside that I dislike him. You gotta appreciate his personality, he is quite a perplex guy.

The fight between Ishida and the annoying lady was not imperssive. I thought she should have died when Bakuya used sen bon zak (sp) to save Rukia. She is just a space filler after all. Nothing really deep about her and I personally thought that she was a coward from the start, it was just a gut feeling that I had ever since I saw her.

Skipping ahead to this episode and bypassing everything that happened between Kariya and Ichigo.

I say this episode was alright. It was not great but it was not a total waste either. It was annoying as hell to watch in the begining, I mean just looking at Toshiro and Masamoto running around was a real annoyance. I mean they are both masters or Shunpo (sp). Why were they taking there time in running around like they didn't have a care in the world.

What really bugged me though is that everytime Hitsugaya caught up to a group that was defeated he had to hold one of the fallen shinigami's in his hand and ask if you were ok. That just really irritated me. But for the grand finally amazingly Hitsugaya finally remember that he can use shunpo and finally realized that only a strong person such as a captain can defeat a bounto like this.( It is not what he said what I felt that is what was implied from the episode/ arc structure) and was mysteriously able to caught up to the bounto in a matter of seconds.

The fight was pretty decent. I didn;t think Toshiro was cruel, just doing his job and reacting normally to the situation that was presented to him. We finally got to take a closer look at how his bankai works and there is alot that is left to be wondered or questioned about it. I can say this though Controlling an ice dragon is pretty damn cool, making all that useless running around worth it.

I felt kinda sad for Koga, he was a loyal and honorable character, but we all must walk the path that we have chosen. He fought well but die in a really lonely state, pretty sad really. He was the only bounto that I really even took an interest in.

Well on to the next one. Shiny head is in it and for the most part when he is in something it is quite funny, but this also hits that it would just be another episode to take up space. But it should be interesting.

Mizuchi
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:40 PM
@Kraco

headphones didnt want to fight, as he said many times throughout the series, and a good life may have been spared if toshiro took the time to ask him what his goals were like ichigo does to every person he fights.

Anyone else notice the disappearing square things behind toshiro as he kept using his power? Maybe his bankai is limited to a certain number of uses per battle?

DDBen
Thu, 11-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I was very disappointed in this episode as it makes headphones entire part in this arc worthless. I mean his death seemed meaningless and on top of that the "core" form of the foll was idiotic. So your telling me a doll that has been by far the most powerful one we have seen upto this point just turns into a normal axe... If it talked or had ANY kind of ability I would have been ok with it but no it was a large heavy axe....

Animation was terrible but hey on the plus side only one o Bounto left and then were done with this arc.

redcat
Thu, 11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Anyone else notice the disappearing square things behind toshiro as he kept using his power? Maybe his bankai is limited to a certain number of uses per battle?
i noticed that too. i guess the filler writers were too lazy to explain it in any way.

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-23-2006, 08:44 PM
only one bounto to go!!! ^ ^

kinda off-topic: does anyone has the full version of the new ending? i love that song

Animeniax
Thu, 11-23-2006, 11:44 PM
The end song isn't bad but why does it sound like Michael Jackson is singing in Japanese?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY_7L4wadqQ

As for the rest of you, there is only one more Bount, but if you think that's the end of fillers, you're probably wrong, its just the end of this filler arc.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Oh god, you might be right.

This arc ending is only a good thing if the next arc is either not filler, or another long filler arc. It could turn into a bunch short crappy miniarcs like naruto, and then I'll be wishing this arc had gone on forever.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't mind another filler arc if it is set up as well as this one, but with better animation and a less plodding storyline. As long as Ririn and Claude are gone, I'm happy.

What they should do is have more episodes at school. I always enjoyed seeing them interact with their classmates who don't know about shinigami and hollows. Plus Rukia at Karakura high school is too hilarious with her fake glee and dopey voice.

If anyone wants to do a "paint by numbers" calculation of how far ahead the manga is and how many anime episodes we could get from the current number of issues that the manga is ahead of the anime, it would be appreciated.

bxgreatone87
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:57 AM
it is about a 50 episode gap right now about 3chapters=1episode. I dont think they will start up again this soon im guessing another filler ark is waiting in the midst.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Is that counting the episodes ahead they'll get while airing new episodes before they catch up to THAT episode?

You know, like how they have 150 chapters now, which becomes 50 episodes according to you, but while they air those 50 episodes, another 50 chapters gets made, which is another 15 episodes. And then while those 15 episodes air, another 15 chapters becomes another 5 episodes.

So really, your talking 70 episodes.

That's over half the series so far! Time for the fillers to end!

Mizuchi
Fri, 11-24-2006, 08:45 PM
What they should do is have more episodes at school. I always enjoyed seeing them interact with their classmates who don't know about shinigami and hollows.

Then watch Code Lyoko. I enjoy seeing actual good fights in a world filled with amazingly cool looking abilities in an all out war, such as the end of saving rukia arc.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:06 PM
it is about a 50 episode gap right now about 3chapters=1episode. I dont think they will start up again this soon im guessing another filler ark is waiting in the midst.Well, it looks like there's around 253 chapters of manga out now, and 64 episodes of manga-based anime episodes. So let's say it's a 2.5 to 1 ratio, that's 160 manga chapters accounted for, so there's 93 non-animated chapters. So with the 2.5:1 ratio, that's 37 possible new anime episodes. If manga chapters come out once a week, then another 15 anime episodes will be ready after the first 37 air, then another 6 while the 15 air, then another 2 will be ready while the 6 air, so that's a possible 60 episodes. I say they start with the manga-based anime now!

Yukimura
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:20 PM
@ DarthEnder: If chapters really did map perfectly to episodes then you could mathematically create a simple rate monotonic schedule and insert a filler arc of some constant length everytime the manga and anime overlapped, unfortunately the number of chapters per episode is far from constant, and if you wanted to just assume the worst case then you'd probably get a requirement of year long filler arcs every so so often.

By my estimates there's only about a one season's worth of stuff in the manga at the moment, and that's allowing for a decent bit of milking. I doubt we'll see a non filler episode before the current manga arc ends, which should take 15+ chapters at a rushed minimum. So...sucks to be us.

Animeniax
Sat, 11-25-2006, 12:26 AM
With 60 episodes worth of anime available, they should quit with the long filler arcs and make shorter ones that flow with the storyline of the manga-based anime, and air them during well-planned lulls in the main storyline. They could easily ad-lib and stretch the manga:anime ratio to 2:1, instead of the fixed 2.5:1 ratio. I wouldn't mind seeing more episodes involving Ichigo's family, Don Kanonji, high school life, and the Urahara store.

And whatever happened to the Grand Fisher? I'd like to see Ichigo go BANKAI on that creep!

wowza161
Sun, 11-26-2006, 05:05 AM
I wouldn't mind another filler arc as well constructed as this one as well, but I truly doubt that will be the case. As demonstrated in the atrocious animation in this episode, the animators seem to be tiring out, and I believe the writers are also getting a bit lazy as well. I mean, seriously, the way Ishida deduced the "weakness" of the woman Bount in the last episode made me want to bash my forehead against the screen.

Also, I was a bit disappointed that we had to see a new aspect of Hitsugaya's bankai in a filler episode. It would have been much more enjoyable, in my opinion, if we could have had a detailed description accompanying the actual effect (which obviously would never happen ina filler episode).

Darknodin
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:27 AM
about this episode...

isn't there a rule in anime that if you don't see someone physically die, then they aren't dead? those ice boulders falling seemed suspicious to me and daruku can separate in much smaller particles than that axe. His point was not killing Toshiro but getting to Kariya.

Animeniax
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:45 AM
True but Daruka admitting that she lost is also an anime staple that means she's been vanquished and shouldn't be back. Plus they played that sad music when someone dies as headphones fell down, so I think he's finished too.

dragonrage
Sun, 11-26-2006, 04:51 PM
That was his doll's core. So it separating is unlikely and well for this arc, being a filler and all to really end all bounto has to die. But i can see what you're getting at. Not seeing him die is questionable, not to mention the fact that they have the ability to make there reiatsu completely disappear also for him to heal himself his spirit energy would raise and be detected. But I believe that Koga is dead, Toshiro didn't just destroy the axe but he also sorta perform cut him in half (at the stomach).

I don't really think that Koga will be showing up again. I think the just wanted to be give him some respect and us some hope not to mention make it a little more dramatic. After all he is the only bounto that I didn't really want to die and the only one that I thought was respectable and honorable.

Bucket
Mon, 11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
So... is it safe to start watching this again?