PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 332

nests
Wed, 11-22-2006, 03:46 AM
Spolier Images
Pic 1 (http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=79774_kuwinpiu_0_122_338lo.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=79768_dx3ejcdn_0_122_414lo.jpg)
Pic 3 (http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=79781_rli5b4rs_0_122_388lo.jpg)

kAi
Wed, 11-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Can't make out much from what's happening, just a serious Shikamaru.

Can anyone make out Pic 3, middle left cell?

conquistaDan
Wed, 11-22-2006, 01:38 PM
hey all

seems to be a shadow cast over a person or a hive of some kind,at least thats my
take on it.

interesting comparison between the 2 Naruto ages

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Damn. This spoiler pics always show the very last panel of the new chapter.

Seeing those images I think we will have a chapter focussed on Shikamaru thinking about the 2 Akatsukis.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 11-22-2006, 05:31 PM
I think Shikamaru is practising with Asuma's knives. In the second pic, in the right and uppermost panel, I think it's one of those knives on the floor... we have already seen Shikamaru trying his hands at them, so perhaps he's polishing his skill while thinking of ways to defeat Zombie!Hidan.

Am I the onlyl one that thinks that those knives don't really fit Shikamaru's personality? He's the one that thinks of the plans, not the one that attacks head on. Besides, Asuma used those knives in conjuction to his Wind-Chakra... does Shiikamaru have the same kind of energy as Asuma?

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-22-2006, 05:39 PM
I think so too. They don't fit him definitely.
I think he will only use them on this battle, to honor Asuma, and then leave them behind on the Konoha Honor Stone saying something cool like: "that was for you Sensei", along a package of cigarretes.

Stoopider
Wed, 11-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Asuma - Wind Knives,
Shikamaru - Shadow knives?

I think their just talking about strategies and possible battle scenario's.

ody
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:47 AM
GOD WHERES THE SCANLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Augury
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:33 AM
The raw isn't even out yet, not to mention any translation or scanlation. During the past few months the raw and LQ scans have been appearing on Thursday, so if you check on Friday there's usually something.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Consider yourself lucky we get the scanlation so early. Shounen Jump usually doesn't come out 'till monday (saturday, if we're lucky). So we're actually getting the magaizine three days [I]earlier[/I}, not later..

Anyway, both raw and scanlation should be out later today.

nests
Thu, 11-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Here is the Raw (http://www.sendspace.com/file/gz0zvd)

Finally the fillers are ending, but its going to be until next spring

mage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 12:17 PM
So he can throw his shadow now? Cool, I guess. Atleast Naruto is out of the picture for a while, atleast until team Shikamaru gets in trouble and he jumps in with his new jutsu :\

ody
Thu, 11-23-2006, 12:25 PM
THANKS AUGURY!

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-23-2006, 12:59 PM
freaking awesome chapter
Shikamaru did become very bad-ass these years and with Asuma's death.

Deidara: I suggest you are careful about the Kyuubi's Container

Hidan: I won't take advice from someone who had to get his arms repaired by Kakuzuu!

Kakuzuu: Better than someone who had his head repaired...

Hidan: Oi!! On what side are you!!??

ROFL!!!!

Freaking fillers will exist for 4 more months... at least they are finally ending.

Movie 4 on Summer.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Only 16 pages? I feel cheated! (meaning it's been a while since I was actually excited about the mang).

Man I hope Kishimoto doesn't kill Hidan and Kakuzu. That'd be too cheap... they're some of my favorite Akatsuki members.

Zati
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Yume just released!

Scanlation by Yume (http://www.toughisntenough.com/332/332.zip)

Genma
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Shikamaru has gotten really cool lately. And this chapter was pretty awesome as well.

(First post in a while. x_x)

LaZie
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Finally a good chapter after such a long wait.

Konohamaru
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:40 PM
hehe Shikamaru is always cool in my books no matter what he does. I love how he out smarts people or faces another smart guy. Kukazu looks to be another clever fighter and might put up a threat against shikamaru. Shika's learnt some cool new moves in the 3 year time gap. Can't wait to see how this progresses. Maybe he'll be the one to kill both Hidan and his partner out of revenge. Perhaps a darker side of Shika will show during the fight. Oh the excitement.

DayoftheDante
Thu, 11-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Awesome. They didn't break Shikamaru's character. It seemed to me like he was going to try short range fighting with Asuma's blades, but this setup is perfect. He stays an analytical, distance fighting and support type. I can't wait to see how Kakashi fits into his attack plan.

p0ltergeist
Thu, 11-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Kishimoto's use of Shikamaru is brilliant. What I love the most about it is that, if you think you know what Shikamaru is going to do, then that is definately not what's going to happen.

Now if only we can get back up to 19 pages a week...

kAi
Thu, 11-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Nice plan from Shikamaru, trapped Hidan with his own chakra with his own shadow, very good move. I wonder how the fight with Kakazu will go.

darkmetal505
Thu, 11-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Wow, this chapter really gave me the "damn, Naruto is awesome" feeling, something I hadn't felt for quite a few chapters. Lets see if Kishi can keep this up.

Sidnne
Thu, 11-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Shikamaru is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

This was one of the better chapters that we have seen in a while, albeit short. The best part, imo, is that Hidan and Kakuzu don't even know that the others are there yet, they have only encountered Shika to this point.

Edit: One more thing that caught my attention. Why is Deidara warning them about Naruto? He should be warning them about Kakashi, since it was he who used (a version of) mangekyo to "blow off" Deidara's arm. As I recall, Naruto only punched Deidara's clay clone a few times.

Yukimura
Fri, 11-24-2006, 01:27 AM
Props to Ikepuska for calling the shadow knife binding technique.

I did have the thought that since he uses shadow binding, maybe he would use the daggers kinda like a shadowsnap, for those who've seen Slayers. Asuma demonstrated that they could retain their chakra "charge" even when thrown, so if Shika loaded them with yin chakra, he could throw the dagger at the person's shadow to bind them in place. This is pure speculation but what do other people think of that idea?

That was a quality tactic for Shika to come up with, but I think he's also planned more in the event that H&K break out. I don't think whatever he gave to Kakashi was used yet and while it would be odd there are many ways that Kishi could get them out of that bind, such as having the chakra in the knives run out (but hopefully not before the rest of the team can do at least some damage).

Winged Dancer
Fri, 11-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Wow, awfully good preditcion there! And the Slayers... ah, memories of my first fandom.

And I'm really excited about the next chapter. While Hidan seems to be pretty stupid (yay Hidan!), Kakuzu looks smarter, he's probably the brains of the duo. So I'm hoping he'll be able to counter Shikamaru's plan with a few moves of his own - it'll make the battel more interesting than Kakashi dropping out of nowhere and killing Hidan just to have him come back from the dead again.

And

Edit: One more thing that caught my attention. Why is Deidara warning them about Naruto? He should be warning them about Kakashi, since it was he who used (a version of) mangekyo to "blow off" Deidara's arm. As I recall, Naruto only punched Deidara's clay clone a few times.

I was thinking of that, too. Perhaps he warned them not of Naruto but indirectly warned them of Itachi? There was one panel with Itachi looking serious (not that he has any other face) just after Hidan basically affirms the two of them wouldn't have problems controlling Naruto.
So I dunno, maybe Itachi would get angry if someone else tried to nab his assigned jinchuuriki, and even within the Akatsuki, no one wants to anger Itachi....?

Eh, given Deidara tried to battle Naruto that's not a very good explanation, but why else? Naruto isn't a danger by himself.

Unless the Akatsuki has heard of hos he loses control of the Kyuubi and, by the 5th tail, is pretty much unstoppable.

nests
Fri, 11-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Did anyone else noticed that Hidan actually refers to Deidara as Deidara chan, a term normally used for only girls.

UChessmaster
Fri, 11-24-2006, 01:43 PM
if im not mistaken is also used to kinda feminine person (wich is good in jap) so... i doubt calling deidara "chan" reveals his/her sex

Edort4
Fri, 11-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Interesting chapter. I have wanted to see shikamaru working with kakashi since we found his eye vortex jutsu. They are a deadly combo, shikamaru immobilizes them and kakashi pops them out into oblivion.

Obviously they are going to break the shadow binding somehow, even if its with some stupid plot device. I dont know how the fight is going to develope but I get the feeling that the ones that will need backup this time will be the akatsuki ones when sakura, yamato and naruto arrive.

About that thing Deidara said I think that it has sense (not too much, but a bit). In their fight Deidara didnt count Naruto and was just worried about Kakashi, but even Kakashi said that he was looking to the wrong side, referring to only care about him. Then he was surprised by his smart use of the clones and the power his punch had.

Slowly everyone is acknowledging Naruto, in the last part of the training we saw how Kakashi acknowledged him, and that is something to have in count, Kakashi doenst talk like that too often. Or maybe Deidara was just talking about Itachi's obsession with Naruto, who knows.

UChessmaster
Fri, 11-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Is page 02 missing? o.0

Stoopider
Fri, 11-24-2006, 07:17 PM
It's episodes like these you enjoy watching. Intelligent fighting.

I thought Naruto is going down the drain, especially once they keep on pulling out the same old moves.The 3 steps same nonsense - Kage Bunshin No Jutsu, Naruto Rendan, and bloody rasengan.

But when you have intelligent fighting like Shikamaru, where it's not just brute strength but tactics, the story shines.

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Did anyone else noticed that Hidan actually refers to Deidara as Deidara chan, a term normally used for only girls.

Chan can be used as despective to a man.

Or for frienship, which is unlikely between Hidan and Deidara.

I remember the old Uchiha lady calling Sasuke-chan during Itachi's flashbacks.

JaySee
Sat, 11-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Chan can be used as despective to a man.

Or for frienship, which is unlikely between Hidan and Deidara.

I remember the old Uchiha lady calling Sasuke-chan during Itachi's flashbacks.

Well in that instance it's correct because it's in referrence to a child. Chan implies a child or someone younger and cute. That's why it's used for kids and girls. Using it toward a man is more of an insult or to poke fun.

mage
Sat, 11-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Hidan probably called him that because he looks feminine.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 11-25-2006, 12:51 PM
I thought Naruto is going down the drain, especially once they keep on pulling out the same old moves.The 3 steps same nonsense - Kage Bunshin No Jutsu, Naruto Rendan, and bloody rasengan.

I agree. When they were talking about the creation of a new jutsu I really hoped for something new. Not just another variation of the Rasengan. Hell, after three years he can't even form the Rasengan with one hand - he still needs a Kage Bunshin. I know that's kinda like his trademark but it makes things look as if he hadn't learned anything with Jiraiya.

How many Rasengan does he have now? Rasengan, Oo-Dama Rasengan (Big Ball Rasengan or something?) and the new Wind Rasengan, which needs two clones instead of one? Or am I missing anything?

conquistaDan
Sat, 11-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Even more,chan in japanese means immature and inexperienced.

Definatly glad to see Shikamaru getting better at fighting and actually using his intellegence in a fight.Very good chapter.Also glad to see Ino using animals and getting better at her own skills.Only one left to see now is Chouji's advancement.

I'm most excited about how the fight will play out,and more importantly what will happen when and if they find Naruto.And if they see him in Kyuubi form.

darkmetal505
Sat, 11-25-2006, 01:49 PM
How many Rasengan does he have now? Rasengan, Oo-Dama Rasengan (Big Ball Rasengan or something?) and the new Wind Rasengan, which needs two clones instead of one? Or am I missing anything?

Nope, thats all of them, unless you count the one from the second movie which was regular sized, but red.

xDarkMaster
Sat, 11-25-2006, 03:45 PM
There is the kyuubi rasengan too, if you want to count that.

Sidnne
Sat, 11-25-2006, 05:34 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'm not even interested in seeing Naruto's new jutsu, or to even see him get involved in this battle.

I've lost all hope for Naruto as a character due to Kishi's inability to develope him. Naruto's character has become redundant and uninteresting. At this point, I would prefer to see the story lean away from Naruto and more towards its other characters. This chapter may have been one of the better ones in recent memory simply due to the fact that Naruto wasn't in it.

Shikamaru should be the next Hokage imo.

Raven
Sat, 11-25-2006, 08:57 PM
He'd never do it, he'd be way too lazy.

An interesting chapter, I can't wait to see how it pans out. Then hopefully we can stop all this BS about it being Naruto henged as Kakashi.

BUT HE HAS A BANDEGD HAND IT MUST BEE HIME LOL

conquistaDan
Sun, 11-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Ok I have two things to say here.

1)I keep hearing how he'd be good for a Hokage on the boards.All of you couldn't be more wrong.Raven is right.First off he's too lazy.Second, his powers aren't the type to really create a good Kage.

2)As we've all seen, a kage is chosen from people thinking this person not only has good leadership but even more so,power.Now, Shika is a great leader, we all know that.However, no on can tell me that his shadow jutsu is good enough to be recognized as a kage move.At best, he would get as good as his dad and then thats it.And even that wouldn't be good enough.His moves are pretty much taijutsu,and his shadow moves.Every kage has pure unmatched power behind them.For example, Gaara.He was a good candidate for the Sand Village's Kage.Another is the lineage of the Hokages.The 4th, 3rd, and 1st&2nd, were also very good examples.

I think the best candidate for the next Hokage should be Kakashi,or wait to see who the next good jounin is, with strong powers.

mage
Sun, 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM

1)I keep hearing how he'd be good for a Hokage on the boards.All of you couldn't be more wrong.Raven is right.First off he's too lazy.Second, his powers aren't the type to really create a good Kage.

2)As we've all seen, a kage is chosen from people thinking this person not only has good leadership but even more so,power.Now, Shika is a great leader, we all know that.However, no on can tell me that his shadow jutsu is good enough to be recognized as a kage move.At best, he would get as good as his dad and then thats it.And even that wouldn't be good enough.His moves are pretty much taijutsu,and his shadow moves.Every kage has pure unmatched power behind them.For example, Gaara.He was a good candidate for the Sand Village's Kage.Another is the lineage of the Hokages.The 4th, 3rd, and 1st&2nd, were also very good examples.

I think the best candidate for the next Hokage should be Kakashi,or wait to see who the next good jounin is, with strong powers.
Shikamaru is 15-16 years old and is a super genius. There's no telling what the future may hold for him.

conquistaDan
Sun, 11-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm glad to see Ino got better at using her skills on different things like animals for missions and stuff.

now all we have left to see are Chouji's moves.

animus
Sun, 11-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Naruto's development by Kishimoto is f'ing pathetic. After 2.5-3 years what the fuck has he learned from Jiraiya? Practically nothing. More kyuubi tails, better shadow clone control and growing taller? Is that fucking it? He woulda been just as useless in Konoha with his friends. What an utter waste of time, god fucking damn.

darkmetal505
Sun, 11-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Naruto's development by Kishimoto is f'ing pathetic. After 2.5-3 years what the fuck has he learned from Jiraiya? Practically nothing. More kyuubi tails, better shadow clone control and growing taller? Is that fucking it? He woulda been just as useless in Konoha with his friends. What an utter waste of time, god fucking damn.

Chillax. Kyubbi is all he needs. What did you expect, for Naruto to become some jutsu master?

One thing I don't understand. Doesn't Tsunade realize she is sending Naruto straight to Akatsuki if Sakura/Naruto compose the backup team, granted he finishes his jutsu. I'm sure she is smart enough to guage what Shikamaru is really up to.

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 11-27-2006, 03:15 AM

I agree, it wouldn't make sense for Shika to be Kage, he's too weak and a one-jutsu specialty (though very useful in groups). Maybe he'll instead be the main tactician and advisor.

However I really don't think Kakashi will be the next Kage, especially since it seems both Naruto and Sasuke are both stronger than him at this point, plus he's been too established as a regular Jounin, strong as he is there are so many other characters stronger than him (Jiraya for example).

The next Kage might be someone completely different, or it might even be Jiraya if the 5th decides to retire.

RasenDori
Mon, 11-27-2006, 09:42 AM

naruto is ten times the ninja he was when he left konoha. jiraiya taught him to be a smarter clever ninja. just because he didnt learn any new jutsu doesnt mean that his traing was a waste of time. narutos training only seems useless beacuse:

1) hes still impulsive. he may not be as dumb as he used to be, and he may put more thought into his fighting, but not into his actions.

2) he gets pissed off more easily and goes ape shit

3) the kyuubi seal is weakening (which is probally his own fault)

on the subject of shikamarut, he may havethe talent to be hokage, but i doubt that hes interested. at most he would likely be one of the advisors like sandaimes old partners

kimbap629
Tue, 11-28-2006, 08:04 AM
i'm guessing it'll be jiraiya next, and then naruto...

bah~ i dunno. naruto's storyline is getting ridiculous and the pacing kishimoto is using is kinda lame and seems like an obvious intent on doing a 3rd in the series (part 1, part 2, part 3)...sorta like db, dbz, and dbgt..

if he does do a third, i'm hoping he doesnt f it up like they pretty much did with dbgt starting the story like 10~15 years after dbz, small amount of total epi compared to db and dbz, boring story...etc

"part ii" should be enough for naruto to finish...kishimoto has dragged the story on far too much. the anime is seriously dying (and has been) ever since they thought it was a good idea to do so many fillers non stop.

but for now, let's just hope that they:

a. decide to animate the kakashi gaiden. maybe they'll run an extended-version of it through december, take a break in january (they took a break before showing part ii in the manga) and then begin right in the last week of january at the earliest or on the first week of february.

if this is the case, which i think it is..then:

a. filler has about 2 more epi (this week + next week)--final week of nov. plus week 1 of dec.
b. 3 weeks of kakashi gaiden (1 epi for 2 chapters from the manga)--remaining 3 weeks in dec.
c. jan. no naruto at all (animators can work with the voice actors for part ii, fans can sorta forget about naruto for a bit and forget the lame fillers)
d. we can watch different animes and go about our lives (plus we'll still have the manga)

Assertn
Tue, 11-28-2006, 02:49 PM
i'm guessing it'll be jiraiya next, and then naruto...

bah~ i dunno. naruto's storyline is getting ridiculous and the pacing kishimoto is using is kinda lame and seems like an obvious intent on doing a 3rd in the series (part 1, part 2, part 3)...sorta like db, dbz, and dbgt..

As I understand it, dbz was alot longer than toriyama originally intended (I heard it was supposed to end after frieza.)

GT, however, was most defiintely an attempt by the producers to capitalize more on the popularity of the series. Toriyama was in no way involved in GT.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
DB was going to end with Goku's death along freeza, but Toriyama continued because of the publishers pression.

About Naruto...
Shikamaru as Hokage? He may be a good one... he already likes to sleep on the job.

benjaminz
Wed, 11-29-2006, 10:45 PM
1)I keep hearing how he'd be good for a Hokage on the boards.All of you couldn't be more wrong.Raven is right.First off he's too lazy.Second, his powers aren't the type to really create a good Kage.how ironic that kage means shadow in japanese

edit in a bad attempt to make my post not seem useless: ...i still don't see how people couldn't be more wrong, even though i don't see shikamaru being a hokage later in the series... he's not that lazy...

another edit in response to post below:
orly, ok.
...i guess i won't be posting jokes anymore, cuz i seem to suck at making it obvious.

conquistaDan
Thu, 11-30-2006, 12:10 AM
we aren't saying that he's lazy in general.Just this,

A)he isn't a power house,a requirement for Kage.

B)putting him in the position of a kage,would make him lazy.

He's just not that type of guy.

Super5
Sat, 12-02-2006, 06:23 PM
About Shikamaru as hokage:

Pros: He is an excellent strategist - gets props from pretty much everyone that he works with (even Kakashi). He's a decisive leader, another requirement for kage.

Cons: He doesn't have much variety of jutsu; he's not strong in chakra; he hasn't created any original or powerful jutsu that we know of. He is lazy, but maybe Asuma's death has changed this aspect of his personality. He seems much more motivated now than before.

On the other hand, he would be about the right age for kage when Tsunade retires - I assume she's about 50-60 years old. It's quite possible he could be the next hokage. I wouldn't pick Kakashi for the job because he's better at doing missions - the Leaf needs him out somewhere doing important missions for the village.

ChaosK
Sat, 12-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't pick Kakashi for the job because he's better at doing missions - the Leaf needs him out somewhere doing important missions for the village.

...Are you saying it's reasonable to not choose the best candidate merely because he's...well a good ninja? Kakashi mirrors the 3rd in many ways (in terms of being a teacher).

Super5
Sun, 12-03-2006, 09:24 PM
...Are you saying it's reasonable to not choose the best candidate merely because he's...well a good ninja? Kakashi mirrors the 3rd in many ways (in terms of being a teacher).
I just think Kakashi is better at leading small teams in missions versus managing an entire village. It's true that he's strong and knows many techniques (they don't call him the Copy Ninja for nothing), but I'm not sure he has the discipline required to be Hokage. Shika lacks discipline as well, but he seems to have changed after Asuma's death. I just don't see Kakashi as hokage, he reminds me too much of Jiraiya - always getting distracted by "other" pursuits (Kakashi has Flirting Paradise, and Jiraiya is always peeping).

JaySee
Sun, 12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
The 5th drinks, gambles, and definitely slacks off.

ChaosK
Sun, 12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
The 4th drinks, gambles, and definitely slacks off.

I assume you mean 5th, and also, Kakashi's bell exercise as an initiation to become Genin was done previously by Sarutobi.

He also leads a group similar to that of the 3rds.

Super5
Tue, 12-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, the 5th has her vices... but Shizune is there to keep her in line. Who's going to tell Kakashi to be on time? Who's going to hide his "Flirting Paradise" books so he can focus on running the village?

kAi
Tue, 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
I don't see how that has much to do with it, Kakashi gets serious when it's needed.
Just like Jiraiya.