PDA

View Full Version : Watching order?

Uzumaki
Tue, 11-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Hello :)

I just started downloading the anime series for One-Piece, but I was wondering if there is a specific order in which to watch some of the extras like the special episodes, OVA and movies? Kinda like Naruto I guess, some of the specials were set earlier on in the series and all that.

Sorry if this has been asked before, don't shoot me ^_^

Munsu
Tue, 11-21-2006, 01:02 AM
From animesuki:

When do I watch the movies?

-Watch Movie 1 "One Piece the Movie" after ep. 18 (End of Usopp Arc)
-Watch Movie 2 "Adventure on Clockwork Island" after ep. 56 (They introduce XXXX in earlier ep but XXXX has to be an official member. End of Nami/Arlong Arc. So, best after ep 45. It was aired after episode 56, so you can watch it then.). Also goes with Movie Short - Jango's Dance Carnival.
-Watch Movie 3 "Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals" after ep. 95 or so (Movie that has Chopper, but XXXX wasn't in the movie so maybe after ep 129 but before 130. This a mess up movie with no real place in the timeline.) Also goes with Movie Short - Dream Soccer King
-Watch Movie 4 "Dead End Adventure" after ep. 130 (End of Arabasta Arc)
-Watch Movie 5 "The Curse of the Sacred Sword" after ep. 183. Also goes with Movie Short - Become the Pirate Baseball Kings!
-Watch Movie 6 "Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island" after ep. 223
-Watch Movie 7 "Karakuri Castle's Giant Mecha Spider" after ep. 257

(Note: All movies after Movie 4 contain all current crew members, For movies 5-7, the episode number is simply the episode before the movie was released.)

When do I watch the TV specials?

-Watch Special 1 "Adventure in the Ocean's Navel" after episode 53.
-Watch Special 2 "Open Upon the Sea! A Father's Huge, HUGE Dream!" after episode 149.
-Watch Special 3 "Protect! The Last Great Performance!" after episode 174.
-Watch Special 4 "The Detective Memoirs of Chief Straw Hat Luffy" after episode 253.

Uzumaki
Tue, 11-21-2006, 01:12 AM
thanks alot, didn't think to check there :rolleyes:

Stoopider
Fri, 12-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow, good one Bud.

Personally I wouldn't watch One Piece Movie 6.

Most of the OP movies are bad but bearable, Movie 6 was rock bottom vomit in the mouth bad. The reason, is because Oda the author doesn't have much control over the movies being created by the production company. So it's not written by Oda.