dragon608608
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:14 PM
shadow sword, yay

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
who is that guy crying on page 43?

RasenDori
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:20 PM
konohamaru. asuma is his uncle. poor konohamaru... he lost his grandfather and his uncle... hell who knows if his father is alive.

Assertn
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Holy crap.....somehow shikamaru has become even more badass than before

Zati
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Just finished translations :

Translation by HisshouBuraiKen (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10652.0)
Translation by WinterLion (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10662.0)

RasenDori
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Holy crap.....somehow shikamaru has become even more badass than before
thats what i was thinking! no more sitting on the sidelines using kagemane jutsu having to be protected. shikamarus gonna take hidans head.

im guess they are gonna find hidan and kakazu before the ritual us complete. i hope they dont go alone. shika may be pissed, and have a plan to take out hidan... but they know jack shit about kakuzu. i hope team seven comes along fresh with naruto new rasengan.

zamb
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Could some one please fix the title of this thread to 330?

Thanks.

David Craft
Thu, 11-09-2006, 01:34 PM
damn dude... shikamaru just got the motivation he needed... FINALY

he looks pretty bad now IMO.

Parkalash
Thu, 11-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Woho Finally translated version from narutofan..
http://www.toughisntenough.com/

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-09-2006, 01:56 PM
very good chapter

wonder if InoShikaChou are going on their own or have a mission...

Zati
Thu, 11-09-2006, 02:20 PM
LQ Scanlation by Yume!

Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/2676177/330.zip.html)
sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/oavapz)
GigaSize (http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/167054/330.zip)

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Shikamaru is awesome.

lol... everybody Konohamaru loves is dying.

Edort4
Thu, 11-09-2006, 02:32 PM
would that mean that Naruto is going to die? Hurray! I have to agree that Shikamaru has become even more badass I hope he gets pretty good in fighting no just as a cover. And, wtf? the one with konohamaru is the 4th!

benjaminz
Thu, 11-09-2006, 02:50 PM
And, wtf? the one with konohamaru is the 4th!
lol, that's what i said to myself when i saw that panel too ;)

what shougi piece was zoomed in on the 5th panel on the page that has shikamaru's dad on it? just wondering...

edit: i'm assuming that piece was the king, and the one he's moving on the previous page is a knight..

Augury
Thu, 11-09-2006, 03:17 PM
that's the "King" piece.

chet_chetty
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
wt? shikamaru is using smoking to learn wind chakra manipulation?

reference bottom right panel on pg 12..i do believe that is wind chakra emanating from his body.

fucking genius. unbelievable.

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:57 PM
or... his chakra element IS wind

dragon608608
Thu, 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
NO, IT DEFINITELY NOT WIND. it's his shadow element (i think) because when Naruto and Asuma (wind element user that we knew for sure) use it the charka surrounding the knife is white. However, when Shikimaru use it, the charka surrounding the knife is black, and his shadow element is also black. Therefore, I think that is his shadow element surrounding the knife. I would wow and yay for the shadow sword, but if it's something different, i wouldn't mind either. At least, it makes Shikimaru look more BAD than ever.

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-09-2006, 07:01 PM
there is no shadow element, he may use a technique involving shadow to use the knife though... and im pretty sure every elemental chakra is blue not white

chet_chetty
Thu, 11-09-2006, 07:40 PM
good observation on the color difference dragon. so to speculate, asuma charged his knives w/ wind element for them cut sharper than any other chakra. shikamaru charging the knives w/ his chakra...knives that cant be seen?

nests
Thu, 11-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Just finished reading the chapter.
Very good chapter I specially liked the part where Shikamaru tells Kurenai what had happend it also seems like quite a bit of time passed in this chapter. Maybe Naruto has almost completed the new rasengan by the next chapter.
I wonder if team 10 are actually going to try and get revenge, because if they do I see nothing but another ass kicking by Akatsuki and Naruto coming in to save the day.

kAi
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:09 PM
A nice chapter, nice at the start with Naruto and Kakashi adding some humour in.
Well it seems he'll be following Asuma closely and taking up smoking and his knives.

I really hope they aren't going on a mission to take revenge, it would be pretty pointless, and if they were to win, it would be annoying as hell. They would need more people to take on Hidan and co.

Knives122
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah it would be annoying........but you know that's exactly what they're going to do.

mage
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:19 PM
and im pretty sure every elemental chakra is blue not white
Well, he's talking about the manga which is in black and white..

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:22 PM
isnt the cakra color in anime the way is suposed to be in manga?

SOLDIER [X]
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I really hope they aren't going on a mission to take revenge, it would be pretty pointless, and if they were to win, it would be annoying as hell. They would need more people to take on Hidan and co.

Possibly if they find a loophole in Hidan's skill it might even the tables a bit. It might just be his skill/justu that makes him so worthy to be an Akutski member.

isnt the cakra color in anime the way is suposed to be in manga?

Manga's are black and white unless they're full color pages.

Skaw
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi, been lurking and reading everyones comments about the Manga for a while now, just got the urge to register and post about this topic. heh.

I guess it's pretty safe to assume that non-special chakra(ie: Nine Tails) is always going to be blue. During Asuma's fight with Kisame, in the anime he emits blue chakra from his knives. If elemental chakra differed, it most likely would have then. Unless, ofcourse, elemental chakra was an idea that was thought of after the fact.

Really nice chapter though, seeing Shikamaru get serious is probably a once in a life time event. :)

xDarkMaster
Thu, 11-09-2006, 10:22 PM
I disagree with you folks, Naruto has been totally annoying me recently and this last chapter kinda was the last straw.

I mean, Naruto's "new" move is essentially rasengan...only now he needs two clones to make it instead of one.

Now, as for Shikamaru, he was one of my fav characters and now he is kinda ruined for me. First of all, him using the knives and what looks like wind chakra totally just killed Naruto's originality and specialty. If it's not wind, well then Shika loses originality for stealing someone else's weapons. Also, if Kishi is going to make Shika an Asuma clone he might as well just have killed of Shika in the first place.

David Craft
Thu, 11-09-2006, 10:28 PM
hmm well in ANYTHING there will always be SOME ONE that doesnt like it lol.

Anyways yah i know its a bit of personality change is shika. He IS my favorite char. however I think its will be a good change. I mean liek I said, he fianly has motivation! I cant wait for some ass woopin!

Elessar
Thu, 11-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Where does everyone get the idea that shikamaru is using wind chakra?!

Asuma quite verbosely said that you can insert about any type of chakra into the knives. The outcome depends on the inserted type though, obviously.

[Edit]
And I sure hope that they went off to revenge Asuma. Because the rescue might feature the coolest team ever - Kakashi, Yamato, Naruto, Sakura.

tehlegend
Fri, 11-10-2006, 12:00 AM
yamato did mention a yin and yang nature shakra before narutos training... shikamarus chakra could be based on that... could explain the blackness in manga... where the two different natures are represented in black n white...

who knows what the nature of yin and yang will be like? its definitely gonna be a bit harder to guess what the effects are...

as for "weapon stealing" i would think it more along the lines of shikamaru honoring his sensei... his own way of remembering his teacher...

and hey... i wouldnt be in such a hurry to throw away such kickass knives myself... those things are awesome...

SK
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Good chapter, not sure where its heading which I like.

chet_chetty
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:14 PM
as for "weapon stealing" i would think it more along the lines of shikamaru honoring his sensei... his own way of remembering his teacher...

exactly but taking it up a notch..a big notch.

Raven
Fri, 11-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Konohamaru totally needs to join the team and take revenge!!1!

Naruto looked so old and grown up on page 11, looking more and more like his uncle every day! ;)

I like not predicting straight away what will happen, it's refreshing.

Assertn
Fri, 11-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Asuma quite verbosely said that you can insert about any type of chakra into the knives. The outcome depends on the inserted type though, obviously.

True, however the practicality of using the knives for other elements besides wind may be lost, as wind specifically is a close-medium range element that inflicts piercing-type damage.

Ikepuska
Sat, 11-11-2006, 06:12 PM
I mean, Naruto's "new" move is essentially rasengan...only now he needs two clones to make it instead of one.

I have to agree with Darkmaster on this, if the form of the completed Rasengan is Rasengan only more destructive, then meh. It turns into the Kyuubi Rasengan only Naruto performs it with 3 clones and doesn't need the Kyuubi to do it, which sucks. I was kinda hoping for either an AOE(Area of Effect) form of the Rasengan where it's destructiveness is moved from tornado to hurricane, or what I was really hoping was to use wind to concentrate the rasengan into different shapes, like around his body. That way he'd have a technique that would surround him in a concentrated layer of incredibly destructive wind. Attack and defense in one.

Now on the topic of Shikamaru, I have to say that I've got mixed feelings. The smoking and look I can live with, but if he tries to use the daggers to become a closequarters guy I'll have to say that would be awful. I did have the thought that since he uses shadow binding, maybe he would use the daggers kinda like a shadowsnap, for those who've seen Slayers. Asuma demonstrated that they could retain their chakra "charge" even when thrown, so if Shika loaded them with yin chakra, he could throw the dagger at the person's shadow to bind them in place. This is pure speculation but what do other people think of that idea?

Boomstick
Sat, 11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I did have the thought that since he uses shadow binding, maybe he would use the daggers kinda like a shadowsnap, for those who've seen Slayers. Asuma demonstrated that they could retain their chakra "charge" even when thrown, so if Shika loaded them with yin chakra, he could throw the dagger at the person's shadow to bind them in place. This is pure speculation but what do other people think of that idea?

Hmm this actually sounds like an excellent technique as well as something that Shikamaru could actually pull off without having to engage in close combat for any extened amount of time and lets face it close combat is not one of Shika's strong points.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 11-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Shika is not a very good strategist, sorry but trying to take three Chunnin to kill 2 Akatsuki members is retarded emotional or not. He should have waited his time and gathered a larger force. Even with Kakashi volunteering to help them, it wouldn't be enough, unless Kishi used his "god powers" to somehow make them prevail.

tehlegend
Tue, 11-21-2006, 12:25 AM
dude... you clearly dont know what you're saying... with kakashi and shikamaru alone, it'll be enough to take all of akatsuki. one by one of course...

by that i mean shikamaru sneaking up and shadow binding them and kakashi using his eye to "send them to another dimension"

it really cant get much more simple than that... the other guys are there to distract em in case they mess up some how...