PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 209

kimbap629
Thu, 11-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Saiyaman has a torrent uploaded.

Go get it now!

Just a reminder about the forum rules. There is not supposed to be a discussion thread for an episode that is not yet subtitled. While some do understand Japanese and others can figure out storylines from just the animation this is a mostly English-speaking forum. As such, discussion should wait until everyone can DL and watch the episode.

Leaving this thread open so that people can remark about DB's latest attention-craving antics.

masamuneehs

Necromas
Thu, 11-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Link you ninny.

nests
Thu, 11-09-2006, 07:21 PM
From what I read. this episode seems to be a very big improvement over the last couple of ones

David Craft
Thu, 11-09-2006, 10:26 PM
hmm let us hope so nests. Let us hope so...

nests
Fri, 11-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Naruto 209 Delayed
read here (http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/13)

sairane
Fri, 11-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Only 70 downloads of Pythagoras Switch so far... this could take awile...

Azaz31
Fri, 11-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Saiyaman has a torrent uploaded.
Correction: Saiyaman has a RAW torrent uploaded.

Kraco
Fri, 11-10-2006, 03:38 AM
Naruto 209 Delayed
read here (http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/13)

Heh heh. That was a pretty funny announcement, actually. I wish all groups would write something like that, when they delay releases for one reason or another. Normally groups don't write anything, of course, and most of the time that's normal, as few groups besides DB actually do have so strict schedules. But somehow waiting is easier when you can read jokes (not that waiting for Naruto fillers could be made any easier, since I hardly remember when they are even supposed to be released, but anyway, speaking generally).

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Naruto 209 Delayed
read here (http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/13)Heh, classic DB.

mage
Fri, 11-10-2006, 08:24 AM
I think 50,000 downloads is a bit too much to ask, yes?

Yukimura
Fri, 11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Heh, everytime I think DB can't be more of a concieted group of jerks they swoop in to wow me with something else. Even though it's a joke (probably) the nerve is just too arrogant for me, especially considering how they act about other stuff.

nests
Fri, 11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
No 209 yet. so It looks like this wasnt a joke afterall. the sad thing is that none of the previous episodes reached anywhere close to 50,000 downloads.
For those of us who have High Speed Internet maybe we should help and download it. just delete the file after is done

redcat
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM
it was going to be delayed anyway so they made this crap up to fool people like you.

AceAlpha
Fri, 11-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Well they do it for free, why can't you guys help out a fansubbing group when they need you? It's not like theyre asking for donations, just one click is enough.

EDIT: 2 Clicks*

BioAlien
Fri, 11-10-2006, 03:11 PM
oh come on!

i'm starting to lose faith in DB now...
a crappy show like Pythagoras Switch will never reach 50k download.
its a friggen kid show for god sake, just look at that crap.
http://tvinjapan.com/blog/2006/06/27/more-pythagoras-switch-the-best-kids-show-ever/
is there even kids who know how to use Bittorrent?!

The only thing that may be close to "good" are the Rube-Goldberg machines short scene in it.
I just hope DBFR will sub the episode since They don't sub that boring kid show.
http://www.dattebayo-fr.com/

Sapphire
Fri, 11-10-2006, 05:49 PM
oh come on!

i'm starting to lose faith in DB now...
a crappy show like Pythagoras Switch will never reach 50k download.
its a friggen kid show for god sake, just look at that crap.
http://tvinjapan.com/blog/2006/06/27/more-pythagoras-switch-the-best-kids-show-ever/

Aha! I got through 1:58 seconds of it. The comments on that page amaze me. Everyone seemed to love it. o_O I wonder why DB decided to sub that in the first place. :o We could always wait 'till Aone subs this ep. ;)

BioAlien
Sat, 11-11-2006, 12:53 AM
it is out
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n209.torrent

or is it...
since Pitagora Switch didn't reach 50k

it could be fake. (currently downloading to see)

Animeniax
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:02 AM
I thought that since DB was bought out by a legitimate company that they would have to clean up their act and that idiots like timecop would get kicked to the curb. I think the [yhbt] tag at the end of the the title means it is a joke, and just a coverup for some other delay in releasing the latest episode.

BioAlien
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:18 AM
it is real! Yay!

*will watch tommorow*

imanewb
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:41 AM
i wonder why db decided to relase the episode.. pythagoras isnt even at 50000 dls yes
oh well time to dl it =]

Skaw
Sat, 11-11-2006, 02:30 AM
I thought that since DB was bought out by a legitimate company that they would have to clean up their act and that idiots like timecop would get kicked to the curb. I think the [yhbt] tag at the end of the the title means it is a joke, and just a coverup for some other delay in releasing the latest episode.

YHBT is an abbrevation from Usenet for "You Have Been Trolled." So yeah, it was definitely a prank, like most of DB's antics.

BioAlien
Sat, 11-11-2006, 03:33 AM
am i the only one who think the animation of this episode kinda sucked? :rolleyes:

the story of this arc seems "good" so far. ;)

Kraco
Sat, 11-11-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm normally somewhat blind to the delicate graphical / animation problems so many sharp eyed people here easily notice, but this time some glitches did catch my attention. However, I didn't actually jump back to check them any more carefully. I'm not that interested in Naruto filler animation quality.

The plot seemed more promising than in fillers for a while (well, the Kurenai arc had a somewhat interesting story, but anyway). This hasn't so far trying to be anything really epic or complicated. And the villains seem believable. And I have to say cutting the ship in half was actually a very neat scene. It looked so funny and I certainly didn't expect them to pull off such a prank just get release one prisoner. But all the better this way.

The genin group in this arc is also not bad: two witless guys who only want to fight, no matter how it would affect the mission (who cares about such small details?), and then Sakura who desperately tries to keep them in check.

Boomstick
Sat, 11-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Eh okay episode for a filler, better quality then the last few(except for the animation).

Animeniax
Sun, 11-12-2006, 03:06 AM
Pretty good episode, especially for Naruto filler. I like how they elaborated on little things like the team selection, and the genins eating their ramen lunches. The Naruto vs Rock Lee training was cool too, and something I suggested they animate way back. They could fill up several episodes of training fights between the various genins. I really liked the character interaction between Naruto, Rock Lee, and Sakura. It's too funny listening to Naruto talk trash and then Sakura trying to apologize for him.

What really made this episode watchable was the background music. Just like in the latest Bleach episode, the right theme for the right scene makes the action flow so much better. One of the worst aspects of the filler-parts of the Freeza (sp?) saga in DBZ was lack of appropriate background music.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-12-2006, 04:07 AM
I thought that since DB was bought out by a legitimate company that they would have to clean up their act and that idiots like timecop would get kicked to the curb.The fact that you think that DB, a group that provides a completely illigal service, would have been bought out by a legitimate company, and then anything but closed down, shows some real gullibility on your part.

The entire "corporate persona" thing DB does is just another one of their running gags.

And I can't believe people bought into that Pythagoras Switch thing. They never intended to make that many people download it. There were delays with Naruto for completely other reason so they made up another line to jerk people around.

And like EVERY time, half the people on the internet fall for it like retards.

As for the episode itself, it was shittastic. But I really enjoyed the little interplay between Naruto and Lee at the beginning. It was just funny. "It's how men bond."

Other than that, mostly crappy. ANOTHER beauracrat with a hitler mustache. Badguys powers are okay I guess...

Anyway, the video quality was also terrible for this episode. Not sure if there was a problem with my codecs, or if their raw was just shitty. I just upgraded to a more recent version of CCCP and I think it made my video quality WORSE.

Animeniax
Sun, 11-12-2006, 05:10 AM
The fact that you think that DB, a group that provides a completely illigal service, would have been bought out by a legitimate company, and then anything but closed down, shows some real gullibility on your part.

As for the episode itself, it was shittastic. But I really enjoyed the little interplay between Naruto and Lee at the beginning. It was just funny. "It's how men bond."

Other than that, mostly crappy. ANOTHER beauracrat with a hitler mustache. Badguys powers are okay I guess...

Anyway, the video quality was also terrible for this episode. Not sure if there was a problem with my codecs, or if their raw was just shitty. I just upgraded to a more recent version of CCCP and I think it made my video quality WORSE.
Your posts would have more impact if you could spell middle school level words like "illegal" correctly.

The interplay between the 3 genins made the show well above average for fillers since it's something that is often left out in filler episodes.

I was wondering about the video quality myself. Is it a poor quality raw, or cheap filler budget, or some other fault of DBs?

Monomate
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:49 PM
I also have noticed the bad quality of this ep. Take a look at this:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3121/narucrapxo5.jpg
There are these "squares", which indicates its Lo-Quality.