PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 102 Discussion

Zati
Wed, 11-08-2006, 11:36 PM
New episode DB just released!

Episode 102 - DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b102.torrent)

Yukimura
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:15 AM
So Kariya has decided to pull a Cell, but is also now even more powerful than he was when Ichigo couldn't beat him...how exactly are they going to dig us out of this black hole.....
(I predict a Ran'Tao sacrifice in the near future).

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
I still say Ran'Tao is the real villain of this arc.

Anyway, decent battle. Ishida battles aren't particularly interesting because he only knows how to do one thing. But I really like the bounto womans powers.

Kraco
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:29 AM
A decent episode. DE is right about the limits of Ishida's battles, though. Fortunately they did make it a bit more interesting by making his weapon unstable.

One thing I didn't understand, though, was how the fight between Ichigo and Kariya ended. With a "real" world example: You are fighting against somebody in a closed room, and you both have swords . Then a door suddenly opens, revealing a pedestal with a box lying on it, with unknown markings. Your enemy immediately heads for it, as if he knew what those marking mean. Do you: A) Just wait for him to get to the box and acquire whatever is inside it that makes him so eager, or B) Immediately go after him, hoping to either get what's inside the box yourself or at least prevent the enemy from getting it.

My logic says most people would choose the option B. Ichigo chose the A, which just doesn't look right to me.

Animeniax
Thu, 11-09-2006, 03:27 PM
My logic says most people would choose the option B. Ichigo chose the A, which just doesn't look right to me.
That's one of those annoying anime standards, where the hero waits for the bad guy to complete whatever he has planned before acting.

Another annoying anime staple is when character one is staring in horror at something, and someone walks up and asks them what's wrong. Then they slowly turn their head toward the horrible scene, which had eluded them up to that point, even though it was in their direct line of vision and impossible to miss.

Boomstick
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Having kariya become stronger really doesn't surprise me, so far the bounto have really just been getting their asses handed to them. Kariya may have been more powerful then the normal bounto but as seen in the fight with Ichigo he really doesn't stand that much of chance In a real 1vs1 fight. So now they powered him up for more of a fight and of course to help prolong the filler arc.

Zati
Thu, 11-09-2006, 08:31 PM
DB released a version 2 for anyone that wants.

Episode 102v2 - DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b102v2.torrent)

iLoveHotCoCo
Thu, 11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
meh this was an okay episode.
Like Kraco said.. Why would Ichigo just satnd there and watch Kariya do whatever he was ther to do in the first place.. I though the whole point of Ichigo and Chad going after Kariya was to.. umm.. I don't know.. STOP HIM! but I guess thats a filler for ya =/
At least the Shinigami Illustrated Picture Book thingy made me laugh.. partly because I have a sick mind =p but who doesn't there days =]

Nai
Sat, 11-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Was I the only one laughing out loud upon seeing this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Alceste/FILLERPOWER.jpg)? I mean, the way he said it in... it was in such a common fashion. Well, congratulations on gaining ultimate filler power at any rate, Kariya. Enjoy it for oh... about two or three more episodes?

Oh, and Ishida is a total dick. She was about to leave him in peace out of gratitude and he shoots her in the back? Awesome. The Mayuri part was awesome too. "... You don't want to carry me?"

wowza161
Sat, 11-11-2006, 06:00 AM
I was a bit disappointed that no goddamn Bounto died this episode. Although, that Bounto lady's Doll was sort of a nice throwback to Yu Gi Oh for me. Swords of revealing light! OMGROXORS.

As for the Shinigami illustrated, I felt that I was sort of missing out on some kind of sick, twisted, Japanese inside joke. Why didn't they show the characters in the scene? Was their speech supposed to imply some sort of sexual euphemism? Or am I just digging too deep?

redcat
Sat, 11-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh, and Ishida is a total dick. She was about to leave him in peace out of gratitude and he shoots her in the back? Awesome.
thats fillers for you. I was like wtf? what about quincy pride? maybe ishada rolled a rogue in wow. cheap shot + backstab pew pew pew

Mizuchi
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:01 PM
why are they helping the shinigami who ruined ishida's powers? :(

Kraco
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:49 PM
They were enemies back then. Now they are on the same side. And they aren't specifically helping Mayuri. They are just helping the shinigami and SS. And since Ichigo is 50% shinigami, himself, I don't think it really needs elaborations why he's doing it.

Jadugar
Sat, 11-11-2006, 05:32 PM
So Kariya has decided to pull a Cell, but is also now even more powerful than he was when Ichigo couldn't beat him...how exactly are they going to dig us out of this black hole.....
(I predict a Ran'Tao sacrifice in the near future).

I think a black hole is exactly what we need to suck em dry out of all their energy.

Animeniax
Sun, 11-12-2006, 02:39 AM
Excellent episode, filler or not. Great action and story progression, background music kept the story going nicely, everyone acted pretty like they're supposed too (except maybe for Ishida with the backstab, but all's fair in war right?), and the pesky sidekicks didn't have many scenes. Plus, they had two fight sequences going at once, with good action in both battles.

The animation was pretty good. The preview dialogue was funny, even with Lilin yapping.

Best part of the episode: Nemu!