PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 208

Carnage
Mon, 11-06-2006, 10:56 PM

Bots: /msg K-F|Goldenweek xdcc send #1 | /msg CaptainJack xdcc send #42 |
/msg K-F|Kaizoku xdcc send #4 | /msg K-F|Krokodeil xdcc send #8 | /msg johnsmitha xdcc send #208 | /msg K-F|HawkEyes xdcc send #208 | /msg K-F|Chopper xdcc send #1
| /msg K-F|GrandLine xdcc send #1

<[o_0]> HTTP: http://makino.doesntexist.org http://85.25.53.68/goldenweek/[K-F]_One_Piece_208_[0AA607DB].mp4 <- for limited time only!

Stoopider
Mon, 11-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Any torrent file?

Assertn
Tue, 11-07-2006, 02:50 AM
ugh......wtf was that crap?

Kraco
Tue, 11-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Hmm... The irc channel topic said WS later, so I'll just keep waiting. I don't want to have every other episode in widescreen and every other in fullscreen...

Zati
Tue, 11-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Here is a torrent file for anyone that wants it :

Episode 208 - Kaizoku (http://www.torrentbox.com/download/74104/%5BK-F%5D_One_Piece_208_%5B0AA607DB%5D.mp4.torrent)

Assertn
Tue, 11-07-2006, 02:16 PM
So....3 rounds eh? Since this doesn't seem like any sort of pivotal point in the series, I'd guess that...

round 1: luffy loses and zoro is taken by the foxy pirates
round 2: luffy wins and gets zoro back
round 3: luffy wins and takes foxy's pride

This would result in nothing changing with luffy's crew for good or for bad, and the bad guys lose.

Although then again, if this short saga does hold any relevance, maybe this could be the start of a bad chain reaction of events......

Stoopider
Tue, 11-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Maybe they might get a new repairman like they always wanted? Probably they'll fight someone cool.

6Zabuza9
Wed, 11-08-2006, 02:23 AM
I'll say during the the challenges foxy will always have some tricks under his sleeve and luffy gets mad and beats the shit out of him instead

Assertn
Wed, 11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Luffy would never have any nakama in his crew that swore loyalty to him out of obligation from a game. That just would never happen.

Beating the shit out of foxy won't preserve luffy's honor, either. And luffy's a proud pirate.

p0ltergeist
Wed, 11-08-2006, 08:06 PM
I hate to tell those of you who haven't watched ahead yet but.. the anime adaption of this arc does not deliver at all. It's pretty bad.

Luckily, the arc following this one is orgasmically awesome. You just have to hang in there until 227.

Kraco
Thu, 11-09-2006, 08:09 AM
This arc looks somewhat dubious to me. Rules for pirates? Aren't pirates people who just rob other people? What kind of rules would they have, other than rules dictated by those who are stronger, and the balance of strenght shifts. By default I don't like artificial things like this. It would make sense if it was just a game with money and treasures as bets, like poker.

Even if Luffy lost and Zoro was chosen, according to these rules he would just have to swear loyalty to the foxy captain. But that's where the rules end. So, right after that oath, Zoro could chop his ugly head off his shoulders and return to Luffy's crew. End of story... I mean, loyalty among pirates? The only loyalty should be that among friends and comrades, like in Luffy's crew.

Well, hopefully there will be good fights, nonetheless.

Deblas
Thu, 11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Well first, One Piece pirates are far from your average caribbean pirate.

Thing is they take pride very seriously (the men at least). Like what Sanji and Zoro said, they would rather die than be humiliated, which is exactly what happens if you don't accept the challenge. The Davy Back challenge leans more to defending ones pride rather than gain more crewmembers. Though since the Strawhats have such a strong bond with one another then they are risking far more.

Also, Zoro is really honorable. Guess it goes with his swordsman code or whatever. If they lose a match and they pick Zoro then he would no doubt accept loyalty even though he probably could easily singlehandedly defeat the foxy crew. As for the other pirate crews who do the challenge. If one team loses then that should mean that the opossing pirate crew is greater in strenght so no doubt if there is a mutiny with the selected crewmember, he would surely die so it would be wise to accept the loyalty.

Mr. Roboto
Fri, 11-17-2006, 11:59 AM
i have a guestion about the logic of the stilt guy and his village. they kept saying that it would take so long for him to catch up to his village since they were so far ahead of him in the ring and it would take 27 years for them to come back to that island, but why wouldn't he just head in the opposite direction and catch them that way?

is the davy back an actual fight or is it like challenges/games/events?

Deblas
Fri, 11-17-2006, 03:15 PM
i have a guestion about the logic of the stilt guy and his village. they kept saying that it would take so long for him to catch up to his village since they were so far ahead of him in the ring and it would take 27 years for them to come back to that island, but why wouldn't he just head in the opposite direction and catch them that way?

I think that is what he's doing actually. Like he said, they always move to the next part of the island when the sea level lowers. Unless he doesn't wait for the sea level to lower and swim across to the next parts of the island, he would neve reach them if he didn't go the opposite direction. That's because while he moves over to a new part, they move as well meaning they would have the same distance between them each and everytime.

Going the opposite direction doesn't mean he will catch up to them faster though. Since the sea level doesn't lower at random times, he must have a pretty good idea just what part of the island they are currently at. Judging from where they are now and the times they move to the next part of the island, he calculated just how long it will take.

Super5
Tue, 12-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Well, hopefully Luffy and crew will win the first Davy Back and just strip them of their flag... that would end this arc real quick. But I suspect the Strawhats are going to lose just to make it interesting. And if they have to lose for the story, I'm guessing the games will be something wierd/strange and not straight contests of strength or endurance.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Widescreen version is finally out.

http://xdcc.discoveryhosting.nl/tracker/

Also, K-F isn't going to be doing fullscreen releases anymore.

poopdeville
Wed, 12-13-2006, 08:32 PM
More importantly, it sounds like 209 is almost ready.