PDA

View Full Version : Capturing Gol D. Roger

Kitsune
Sat, 11-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Seeing as how he was so strong how did the marines capture him?

.noname.silent
Sat, 11-04-2006, 08:19 PM
of course, we can only speculate.

i think garp kicked his ass.

-edit- im just curious who the gives a neg. rep for just speculating...kudos to that moron.

BioAlien
Sat, 11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
maybe he turned him self in?

Stoopider
Sat, 11-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Betrayed by a team-member?

Maybe Whitebeard? It has been said Whitebeard was his equal, but it never mentioned whether Whitebeard was also his crewmember. Kinda like how Zoro and Luffy was to each other.

(May Contain spoiler to Kaizoku-Fansubs anime watcher to read below)
Either that or another marine we haven't seen before. The Top Admiral in the marines. We know of the great 3, which Aokiji is one of them, probably all 3 of them we're used to take down Gold Roger simultaneously.

Ragikai
Mon, 11-06-2006, 03:43 PM
I dont think they put a reason why he was captured, i think it was just used to put up the storyline for the show.... ^_^

Stoopider
Mon, 11-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I dont think they put a reason why he was captured, i think it was just used to put up the storyline for the show.... ^_^

No, but it's just speculation.

Ragikai
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
I was kinding... Well for any reason, it might have been many reason, just as he gave himself up, or he got captured sleeping... It may say later how he got captured and such stuff as this, so we have to wait to see how the real way went

Jadugar
Thu, 11-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I don’t think that he gave himself up. There must have been a huge fight. Like you said we will find out about it when the time is right and that might be close to the very end of OP.

Stoopider
Thu, 11-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Might have been collaboration with Whitebeard and all other pirates + Marines.

Assertn
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Gol D. Roger doesn't get caught by marines, he merely allows marines to find him.

Kitsune
Fri, 11-10-2006, 04:29 PM
The shichibukai might have already made the deal with the government and teamed up to attack him

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-17-2006, 05:42 PM
maybe he found out something incredible in the "one piece" but he knew no one would believe him so he got himself captured to spread the word.
example: the one piece tells how to create devil fruits, Roger knew that only his crew couldn't complete the process, but he didn't want the secret to fall into the goverments hands, so he makes it so that the area will always be cluttered with pirates.

other option is that he wanted people to believe that he was the greatest so he used the occasion to create the legend of him.

Aeon
Fri, 11-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Something I picked up on about Robin's flashback that I didn't when it origionally happened is that the Admirals have a boss and that's the Fleet Admiral. Maybe he earned that rank by taking down old Gol D.

ChaosK
Fri, 11-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Something I picked up on about Robin's flashback that I didn't when it origionally happened is that the Admirals have a boss and that's the Fleet Admiral. Maybe he earned that rank by taking down old Gol D.

Are you saying there was no Fleet Admiral before Gol D. Roger?

Aeon
Sat, 11-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Maybe there wasn't, I'm guessing that whoever caught him had to get some sort of promotion.

dragonrage
Sat, 11-18-2006, 04:24 PM
there is more to this than meets the eye. i am sure the writers won't disappoint.

poopdeville
Sat, 11-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Gol D. Roger doesn't get caught by marines, he merely allows marines to find him.

Yeah, this is the most plausible explanation. In fact, I bet his goal was always to get the Rio Poneglyph assembled at Raftel and get people to search for it.