PDA

View Full Version : View Post's Since Your Last Visit?

Degozaru Yo
Sat, 11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Mmm...I was just wondering why there is no VPSYLV, (View Post's Since Your Last Visit) button...

Chikaka...

complich8
Sun, 11-05-2006, 02:36 AM
umm, because that would be a lot of posts?

Or, because there's a clear indicator on any given forum and any given thread that there's been activity since your last visit (complete with a "view first unread" button)?

Or, maybe because there's a "subscribed threads" section under "control panel" that lists activity in threads you've subscribed to (either by posting in or picking "subscribe" from the "thread tools" button)?

Or, maybe because it's just not implemented in our skin, or whatnot. I dunno :p.

If you really want such a link, here you go: http://forums.gotwoot.net/search.php?do=getnew

If there's actually significant interest in this idea, I could probably make it happen... but if not, I've already put too much effort into thinking about this :p. Maybe I'll add a poll about it ...

Jadugar
Sun, 11-05-2006, 06:12 AM
"Don't care either way."

xDarkMaster
Sun, 11-05-2006, 10:15 AM
No! That'd clutter things up!

Just look for the bolded.

Kraco
Sun, 11-05-2006, 11:25 AM
I always object any changes. Well, that or it would just clutter things up.

RedX1z
Sun, 11-05-2006, 10:36 PM
"don't care either way."

and i'll add the line that i go by, "be happy with what you have, because it could be worse."

KitKat
Mon, 11-06-2006, 01:13 AM
I find there's already more options than I use. Plus, there's a lot of activity in a wide variety of topics, and it would take a long time to go through all the new posts, which probably include a lot in topics that you probably don't regularly follow. Additionally, I find it's best to save complich8's time and brainpower for when things break :p

complich8
Mon, 11-06-2006, 05:04 AM
I'm getting a rather ... decisive vibe off of this one :p.

Lucifus
Thu, 11-09-2006, 11:13 AM
"No, that would clutter things up"

I recall a rather noob attempt awhile back from me tring to make sigs bigger. Now I finally understand. I am enlightened.

complich8
Fri, 11-10-2006, 12:18 AM
the lazy admin's motto:

Change is bad. Unless it's good, in which case it's merely ok. But even then, only if you can get someone else to do most of the work or there isn't much work to do.

I think it applies quite nicely here =D

Degozaru Yo
Fri, 11-17-2006, 11:11 AM
I vowed upon not checking the forum anymore but out of curiosity, I checked this post.

I can see what you all are going for.

I guess I'm just used to it. Most forums I use, have the option to quickly check the post's after your last visit.

I find it very helpful when you can't check a forum every day.

Since there are a lot of boards and you want to check the new posts quickly, it's the best way to go, I'd say.

But yeah, I think this is not my forum, in any way so fare thee well. ;]

Danad_corps
Thu, 02-22-2007, 12:31 AM
the bolded topics makes things pretty clear and easy IMO. voted "No"

Super5
Tue, 02-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I'd have to say no. There's enough clutter on the control panel as it is; besides, if you really wanted to see everything new, you're in for a looooooong reading period...

Degozaru Yo
Fri, 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I don't know how someone could really be against this.

It would not affect the control panel or anything.
Just a mere link in the first page you see in the forum, after logging in.
For example, around below the location where it saysd "Welcome blabla and blabla".

I do ofcourse understand that if the forum isn't that active, for frequent users it's quite easy to 'stay with' the topics.

So "meh". :p

Degozaru Yo
Fri, 04-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Most probably, my last post. ^^
Yeah, I know you're all happy about that.

I still can't understand, why this would be bad...

Some comments I've got :

View Post's Since Your... 11-19-2006 06:43 AM get outta here, you don't even post why would you care what we have?
View Post's Since Your... 11-10-2006 05:32 AM you don't even use the forums...
View Post's Since Your... 11-05-2006 12:12 PM You're a moron, yo'
View Post's Since Your... 11-04-2006 10:37 PM Thats not a suggestion and you are retarded.

Yeah, well I might use the forum more, if people didn't act like everyone do in IRC, (not talking about #gotwoot [only] no really, gotwoot's channel was the best I ever visited, props fer that, now un-installing mIRC...).
Plus, I don't have the time to be looking into a board like this all the time, you know.
I have a life eh...?
Thus, the function would help people like me a LOT since I could see all the posts since my last visit so easilly.

But yeah, as I stated, due to various reasons, I'm out of here so now, it no longer matters.
Mod's, you should probably close this one also, like you did with my farewell thread..cruel.

Meh, have a good live you all.

I will miss some of you there, somewhere. ;]

David75
Tue, 06-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Well no one can complain:
Those who want the function have the link on the first page. Just add it to your favorites and that's ok.

If you really want such a link, here you go: http://forums.gotwoot.net/search.php?do=getnew

For the others, nothing is changed.

So everyone should be happy?

c u