PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 101 Discussion

Zati
Thu, 11-02-2006, 12:54 AM
DB just released go get!

Episode 101 - DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b101.torrent)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-02-2006, 03:20 AM
Awsome episode. Best fight so far this entire filler arc. Watching Mayuri and his bag of tricks is always a blast, and I think the filler writers did a good job with him using all of his powers, and even a couple new ones.

Like I mentioned last episode, it's nice seeing all these captains who got their asses kicked in the previous arc actually have their bankais work the way their supposed too in this arc. I'm really hoping fox captain gets a fight. I want to see his bankai again.

I wasn't expecting Ishida to have to fight one of the lesser Bounto after having so much invested into this storyline. Oh well.

Kraco
Thu, 11-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Aye. It wasn't bad at all. Very intense and Mayuri certainly behave just as wickedly as ever. Not the kind of dude you would like to have as a neighbour... I thought they would extend this fight to cover two episodes, but it was already over in one. Well, at least that nicely demonstrated the power gap between a captain and a random bounto.

Boomstick
Thu, 11-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Another excellent filler episode. Well another bounto bites the dust, for me the bounto just seem really weak even with their ability to absorb spirit particals to heal and increase their power the just don't match up to a Captain(this increases my belief that ichigo was way too underpowered through most of this filler arc since he took on two captains and lived).

From the looks of things this filler arc is finishing up fast already the bounto have lost three members in just four episodes and from the preview it looks like both the female bounto and Kariya will be fighting.

Edit: Anyone else notice that Mayuri seems to like losing his left arm

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 11-02-2006, 05:52 PM
This guy is one of the best captains, his creepyness really shown through here. That moment when Mayuri just steps on that bounto's arm and that "who's groveling now?" was so badass.

Anyways, glad to see that this isn't dragging out into those 3 parter fights the bounto had in the real world, makes me wish they did this earlier haha.

i can't wait for this arc to end, its like all the hollows in the world are taking a break while Ichigo and the bounto fight it out. We haven't seen a hollow (exclude ichigo's alter ego) for sooo long.

Mizuchi
Thu, 11-02-2006, 10:14 PM
if i was the old bounto, i would have a different battle tactic. First I would learn martial arts and get into good shape so I could fight by myself. Also I would keep baura as a secret trump card, so like during the fight u could catch the opponent off guard and all the sudden theyre like "wtf a fish?" and get swallowed. :)

Kraco
Fri, 11-03-2006, 02:27 AM
That old man could barely move without a wheelchair... I don't think getting into good shape and learning martial arts was an option to him anymore. Otherwise it would have of course been a good tactics.

nests
Fri, 11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Defently agree about been the best filler so far, the only thing that annoyed me was when the doll kept saying OKAY even when it was half dead.
In fact what annoys me about this arc so much is that the freaking dolls always have to say something. Other than that, this fillers have been getting a little interesting. well at least compare to the Naruto fillers

Jadugar
Fri, 11-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Edit: Anyone else notice that Mayuri seems to like losing his left arm

LOL. Was it not also the left had during Ishida/Mayuri fight during Soul Society arc? Maybe the filler team does not know what will happen if Mayuri injures his right arm, so they are keep using his left arm.

Nai
Fri, 11-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Now that was awesome! If anyone can put on a good show it's Mayuri-sama. Intelligence, proper planning, nifty gadgets and just sweet, unrivaled cruelty. Yes, I'm in love.

That moment when Mayuri just steps on that bounto's arm and that "who's groveling now?" was so badass.
Hell yes, I literally squealed in excitement at that. Best filler fight so far, easily.

Boomstick
Sat, 11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
LOL. Was it not also the left had during Ishida/Mayuri fight during Soul Society arc?

Yep Mayuri lost his left arm twice against Ishida and then twice again in the fight with the bounto, maybe Mayuri should stop offering people the chance to become test subjects and just kill them upfront he would lose less limbs that way.:D

wowza161
Sun, 11-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Was Mayuri's blue hair always sticking out like that? Episode 101 was the first time i had ever noticed it. Perhaps I just wasn't attentive enough to catch it the first time around.

And yes, Mayuri is fucking badass. Too bad in the Bleach games they make him so slow and shitty.

Animeniax
Tue, 11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
That's the first time I noticed the blue hair sticking out of the back of Mayuri's helmet too. I think it was a mistake and that he never had it sticking out like that before.

I'm surprised so many of you liked this episode so much. From your descriptions I was expecting an awesome episode, but only got a pretty good episode. They really explored Mayuri's powers and abilities, but his enemy was crappy so it didn't matter much. I preferred the Ichinose vs Kenpachi fight. They should have included Nemu in the fight, that would have made this a cinch to be an awesome episode.

Is the washed out color only because of poor quality raw used by DB, or just cheap budget because its a filler? Either way, the animation wasn't great, but ok.