PDA

View Full Version : Game: Final Fantasy XII

LaZie
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:45 PM
I have a suprise for all you people with modded ps2s or swap magic. The game you have all been waiting for has been leaked many days early!! Its the real deal retail version of the game in english.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/download/HTTP/494898/6201776

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-27-2006, 12:04 AM
meh
I prefer my games original.

I've already pre-ordered the Collector's Edition version as well.

darkshadow
Fri, 10-27-2006, 12:06 AM
lol thats pretty old already :D, it was released on 2006-10-02, thats almost a month old now :P, anyway good game, was playing the japanese version before this one, and even enjoyed it then.

Zinobi
Fri, 10-27-2006, 12:44 AM
meh
I prefer my games original.

I've already pre-ordered the Collector's Edition version as well.

I have it on pre-order too. So I am agreeing with you.

Zati
Fri, 10-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah me too have on pre order I like to own the games that I really like and have the retail game and case etc..the fresh game, manual, case smell.

Zinobi
Fri, 10-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Well it isn't as much that, as it is the fact that i want the Collectors Edition.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Plus the Normal Version's Front Image (forgot how it is called) is horrible.

I haven't bought a copied game (nor download) ever since the very first Resident Evil... which was in japanese... so I never bought them again.

RedX1z
Fri, 10-27-2006, 09:14 AM
it's been a while since i've played a final fantasy game, so i just pre-ordered the collector's edition as well. it's amazing though, 450+ reserves at the gamestop near my house. i believe it's going to be a bitch to get on release date, with or without a reserve.

anyways, let the count down begin!
4 days to go!

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-27-2006, 09:55 AM
In my case it will be a while until I get my Collector's Edition copy.

Gamestop and Ebgames system is screwed when trying to place an order to Mexico, it just won't accept any credit card, so I had to ask a friend to order it in USA. The thing is... it will arrive 3 days later (Nov3) at the USA address... then I have to wait until he goes to Laredo and retrieves it... which I really do not know when it would be.

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
reserved a copy at EBgames. This will be the longest time between playing a Final Fantasy for me, as I easilly passed up X-2 (what a joke! of all the games to make a sequel for...) and also 11 (got my fill of MMORPGs with Everquest back in the day).

I'm looking forward to it, and really hope for the best. I've been quite disappointed with Square since even before the merger, at least as far as the Final Fantasy titles go... Did enjoy 8 and 9, but they didn't come close to being as good as 7 or 6. Ten was a crapfest, imho, which is really sad since Final Fantasy is essentially the franchise that dorkified me into a gamer when I was younger.

But i'm hopeful as hell that this one will be better!

Bucket
Fri, 10-27-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm not hurting for cash, so I can wait three days to buy it.

But yeah... I really want to get this, because I've been hearing great things about it. People are saying it's the best one yet.

zibo
Fri, 10-27-2006, 12:15 PM
This is really awesome game, the battle system resebles the one from 11, but you can choose between Wait and Active one which helps on harder bosses, I'm playing the pirated version, I'm almost lvl 20 with Vaan Balthier and Fran, and lvls 14 and 10 with Ashe, Penelo and Basch. For some reason I can't find any good equipement I use old one which I hadfor almost 10 levels, I think it's either because it's pirated version or because I only play with 3 characters and rest is just sitting there.

LaZie
Sat, 10-28-2006, 02:32 AM
You bastards and your collectors editions. Haha. I'm poor so I bootleg every ps2 game nowadays. Even if its something as facking awesome as FFXII. Its done dling already, but I won't start playing it till the morning.

Aeon
Sat, 10-28-2006, 04:57 PM
It sucks having this game in the back at my store. I just wanna grab a copy take it to one of the dumb register girls and tell them to ring me out non employee. What makes it even worse is that some people that ordered from EB online have received their copies.

RedX1z
Sat, 10-28-2006, 09:20 PM
it's crazy, on monday, the gamestop near my house is closing at their usual time and then opening up again at midnight for the release of the game. of course, you don't have to pick it up exactly at that time, but you just know there will be those impatient final fantasy freaks out there.

LaZie
Sat, 10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
This game is too facking awesome :p Well worth the wait.

RedX1z
Wed, 11-01-2006, 12:26 AM
i've only played this game for an hour or two, but already i'm hooked on the new battle system and look of the game. those bastards finally took out the atb system. so far, i don't regret spending $60 on the game. already, i can say it's better than 10, but it wouldn't be fair, because i didn't get that far in this game, yet.

as of now, i'm looking for some kid in the south area, so i can get my freaking sunstone, but it doesn't look like that going to happen anytime soon.

Zinobi
Wed, 11-01-2006, 06:15 PM
yeah i got it yesterday. well worth the $60 i paid...like...a month or two ago. im actually not that far though, suppose to hunt some Rouge Tomato guy. New battle is awesome...enough said. The license board reminds me of FFX.

ChaosK
Wed, 11-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Excuse the ignorance, but I just realized I haven't been keeping up with FFXII news so what's the difference between the CE and normal one.

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
the CE edition have some extra content, most importantly the history of final fantasy dedicating about 3-5 mins to each game

RedX1z
Wed, 11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
basically, the metal case, and the extra disk that contains materials, such as commentary from the people who made the game, art work, and basically as uchessmaster said, a 20 minute video of the history of final fantasy.

mage
Wed, 11-01-2006, 09:44 PM
The CE version was worth it. It's all they had at the store, so I had to get it anyway. I'm about 5 hours into the game and liking it a lot. I love the FFT(my favorite game) atmosphere of the game and am very glad it didn't turn out like FFX. The voice acting is also far superior to FFX. Gets an A+ from me.

Zinobi
Wed, 11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
I like the feel of the metal case against my cheek....:)

Bucket
Wed, 11-01-2006, 11:19 PM
...?

I'm going to stand over here now.

LaZie
Thu, 11-02-2006, 01:19 AM
I give this game the best rpg I have ever played on the PS2 award.

Kensee
Thu, 11-02-2006, 07:12 AM
At first, you're taken back a bit ... you get that feeling you are doing something wrong, or its just not as good as the other FFs you played before. Then you play some more ... and you can't drop the controller.

Yeah, its something like that.

Do not come into this game thinking its just like the other FF; instead just come in thinking its another game in general. I'm not too far into it right now, but wow, its done nicely. I even enjoy the fact I can walk while casting cure then bust on to my other guy, do a 2 hit combo, have him steal, then switch back to the person who just casted heal and have her do a little stabby stabby with her dagger.

To sum it up, COMPLETELY customizable. You want an army of paladin type characters with heavy armor and weapons, go for it. Army of mages? Sure, heck, you can even unlock all the licences and create an army of people who can do everything (I like this idea).

Also the moogles look cool =D.

Psyke
Thu, 11-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Damnit I need to get this game right now! Argh!

Boomstick
Thu, 11-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Picked up my copy of FFXII yesterday Love the new battle system and the customization. This game is definitly better then the last few FF games I've played.

Degozaru Yo
Sat, 11-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Mmmh, I've played it almost 100 hours now so it's not that bad. ;p

I still do like some of the older ones better but that's me. It was a nice surprise to see it's like FFXI in single player mode. ;d

I wonder when it get's to the Europe...the release date get's kicked again and again...

Aeon
Sun, 11-05-2006, 04:13 PM
10hrs into this beast and have to say that Fran has the best voice in any video game that I've ever heard. Plus her voice actress is hott which adds to her coolness. I think I'm doing the quickening wrong, I just kept hitting r2 and triangle for Vaan's, didn't try Fran's yet.

mage
Sun, 11-05-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm 28 hours in and just beat Tiamat. He was pretty tough :)

LaZie
Sun, 11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm 33 hours into the game and I just got to Mt Bur-Omisace :D

mage
Sun, 11-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Same. I'm right after that at The Stillshrine of Mirium. Done playing for now, though.

Kensee
Mon, 11-06-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm being silly, and before every single new area, i exp and LP like crazy. To the point i didnt even go to rescue panelo (via enter airship and go to mines) until i had everyone with at least one quikening, past lv 12, and learned a lot of magic.

When I go to a new area, I like the feeling of complete dominace. Also I dislike the feeling of loosing to a hunt .. damn birdy!

LaZie
Mon, 11-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Even when you're overleveled, some hunts still give you one hell of a hard time.

mage
Mon, 11-06-2006, 02:04 AM
I
When I go to a new area, I like the feeling of complete dominace. Also I dislike the feeling of loosing to a hunt .. damn birdy!
Are you talking about the Cluxatrice or whatever it is? I had to try 3 times to kill that thing.

Bucket
Mon, 11-06-2006, 02:17 AM
Same. I'm right after that at The Stillshrine of Mirium. Done playing for now, though.
That's where I am now. I just spent four hours trudging back and forth through that place and then the boss handed my broke ass back to me. I'm calling it a day.

Is it just me, or is gil hard to come by? My characters have covered 75% of the board by now, but for the life of me I can't afford ANY of these skills and equipment I'm unlocking. The thing that sucks is that I missed the dry season in Giza and I can't get the next mark. Plus I'm always short on Teleport stones so if I did find a good farming place, it'd likely be another 5 hours or so out of my way. Christ!

That reminds me of another annoying thing. Gambits are supposed to allow you to manage fights better, but anything more than two enemies and all of a sudden it's chaos. Next thing I know my team is spamming Cures and Phoenix Downs because they can't stay alive long enough to do damage.

Ah, well. It's still a great game, anyway.

mage
Mon, 11-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Is it just me, or is gil hard to come by?
If you want gil, go back to the Golmore Jungle and grind some Courl Pelts from the Jaguars (I think that's what they're called.. they're the purple cats). You can steal/drop these every kill and they sell for 400 some gil.

Aeon
Mon, 11-06-2006, 05:42 AM
I'm being silly, and before every single new area, i exp and LP like crazy. To the point i didnt even go to rescue panelo (via enter airship and go to mines) until i had everyone with at least one quikening, past lv 12, and learned a lot of magic.

Dude hunts are so hard, It took me like 20-30min to beat the flower cactaur monster with just Vaan. I had to run from it and ended up in a completely new town where I upgraded my weapon and armor. Thing still kicked my butt with its parry and counter attack. The crappy reward wasn't worth it considering I used like all my potions. Thought a hunt would be easier with 3 characters but noooo freaking Ghost killed Fran and Balthier, first time I had to use a quickening. And this post needs more Fran love.

mage
Mon, 11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
The flowering cactaur is pretty hard with one person since it does 1000 needles and you don't have 1000hp by then. I just waited til I had 3 characters again.

zibo
Mon, 11-06-2006, 03:11 PM
How do you unlock better weapons ? I'm nearly 20 hours into game Vann, Baltier and Fran are lvls 20 with lvl 3 mist knacks, Basch Ashe and Penelo I dont even play with, and I did some hunts and in story line I;m about ot enther the dead kings tomb, and still I can't find any thing better than like Ancient Sword for Vaan...

mage
Mon, 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
You buy/steal/find them.

UChessmaster
Mon, 11-06-2006, 06:48 PM
How do you unlock better weapons ? I'm nearly 20 hours into game Vann, Baltier and Fran are lvls 20 with lvl 3 mist knacks, Basch Ashe and Penelo I dont even play with, and I did some hunts and in story line I;m about ot enther the dead kings tomb, and still I can't find any thing better than like Ancient Sword for Vaan...

Have you tried... the stores?

Zinobi
Mon, 11-06-2006, 08:48 PM
The flowering cactaur is pretty hard with one person since it does 1000 needles and you don't have 1000hp by then. I just waited til I had 3 characters again.

hehehehe i used just Vaan =P
my trick was to time a potion with the 1000 needle it worked out fairly nicely...either that or it missed and i didnt see the "miss" text.

Aeon
Mon, 11-06-2006, 08:54 PM
He didn't even use 1000 needles on me and I had just Vaan also. Or maybe he did and I didn't notice. He did use one move where he hit me like 3x in a row man that was painful. I just got my first Esper and have to say I was disapointed in the fight to get him considering the bird outside the tomb was wayyyyyy harder. Only Fran survived against that freaking bird.

Bucket
Mon, 11-06-2006, 09:50 PM
If you had done the sidequest from that moogle in the area before that, you would've gotten a key item to throw at the bird and the fight would've been 100x easier.

Aeon
Mon, 11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Moogle....What Moogle? I saw no Moogle. Nothing but those desert monsters that had the cool scene of riding on the sand sharks. And the other two or three types of monsters that were in the area. I was forced to throw rusty ropes at it :(.

mage
Mon, 11-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I beat that bird with one quickening combo.. very easy.

LaZie
Mon, 11-06-2006, 11:17 PM
I need to start making some different classes instead of the Paladin types. You know, sword+shield with white magic.

Bucket
Tue, 11-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Heh, I've made Ashe into kind of a Dark Knight, with her debilitating spells and whatnot. Give your healer a ranged weapon, they'll do all right.

LaZie
Wed, 11-08-2006, 10:17 PM
I just turned Penelo into a mage and she rapes ass. :p

Aeon
Fri, 11-10-2006, 07:08 PM
OMFG I'm sooo pissed atm, was making my way through the Henne mine thinking to myself besides the T-Rex monster nothing in here is scary enough to hurt and kill all those Emperial solders when as soon as I activate the final switch like 20 freaking slimes dropped around me:mad:, I tried summoning Belias but he didn't last long as they made short work of Ashe and it was so many of them I couldn't run though them to escape. My whole team died :(.

Bucket
Fri, 11-10-2006, 10:32 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. I think I skipped a very large part of that dungeon, actually, and I'm not sure how. I was trying to find a way out when the, uh... next part of the story happened.

mage
Sat, 11-11-2006, 11:18 AM
OMFG I'm sooo pissed atm, was making my way through the Henne mine thinking to myself besides the T-Rex monster nothing in here is scary enough to hurt and kill all those Emperial solders when as soon as I activate the final switch like 20 freaking slimes dropped around me:mad:, I tried summoning Belias but he didn't last long as they made short work of Ashe and it was so many of them I couldn't run though them to escape. My whole team died :(.
You died in there? What level are you?

Aeon
Sat, 11-11-2006, 12:18 PM
My 3 regular party members (Vaan, Fran and Ashe) were about 26 while the 3 others were roughly 15. I was able to beatthat part the second time since I knew it was coming. Before they could all fall I ran out and healed. Ran back in summoned Belias and let him own them all while I had Ashe cast Cura to keep his hp up.

mage
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I just did a quickening combo on one of them and Inferno killed them all.

Psyke
Fri, 11-17-2006, 04:35 AM
Just got this game 2 days ago. Started playing yesterday, and I'm still in mid transition from ex-FF games to this one. Can't get used to it at first, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Reminds me a lot of Vagrant Story, but rightfully so since they share the same director.

Degozaru Yo
Fri, 11-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I promised myself not to even open this forum again but here I am...

Yeah, I've completed the thingy ages ago.

Was it worth it ?

Hmm... Well, since I really didn't pay anything for the game, surely, but was the time I lost worth it ? Thinking about it that way, it was great ofcourse but I dunno, it's a good game, no doubt but is it a good Final Fantasy ? I don't know... There's something distracting me here..

Well, I know I'll buy it, even if it's just because I collect these thingyes.

I still have better thing's in the collection though. ^^

LaZie
Fri, 11-24-2006, 05:58 PM
I just arrived at Pharos and clocked 60 hrs so far. I wish I had a Zodiac Spear.

mage
Sat, 11-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Man, Pharos was crap. I just beat it (Pharos) yesterday at 60 hours/level 65. Took forever to beat that place.

Bucket
Sat, 11-25-2006, 02:52 AM
If there's one thing that annoys me about this game (and indeed RPGs on the whole), it's that you can basically pummel your way through anything. Spells and abilities become obsolete for a number of reasons. There's no problem that can't be solved with brute force and/or leaving and coming back a few levels stronger.

LaZie
Sat, 11-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Once I finish the story and all the hunts in this game, I will move on to Okami or Tales of the Abyss. They've been sitting here for months.